Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Cursed as ghosts, yikes. However, the way they presented the episode is still quite lighthearted. Liz is quite energetic and not someone to be feared.

Not going to lie, they did execute the emotional scenes really well this episode. Liz needs more screen time. She brings a lot of personality to the show.
Apr 28, 7:21 AM

Dec 2021
Finally, we meet Bocchan's grandmother and grandfather.

On a stormy night, a lone woman arrives at the mansion. Introducing herself as Liz, her true identity turns out to be a ghost, and what's more, she's the grandmother of Bocchan. Furthermore, the ghost of Victor, Bocchan's grandfather, also appears. The reason they've become ghosts lies in a contract with Sade, and it seems they have some idea about why Bocchan was cursed. And so, Victor begins to recount his past with Sade.

She's surprisingly young for a grandmother, isn't she? But given how eccentric and unusual Bocchan's family is, not aging would probably be the least weird thing about them. Jeez, in a way, the witches in this world to Bocchan's family are just what Dio is to Jonathan in JoJo's, just messing with them just because...??? But the more we learn about the witches, the more I find myself understanding them more in some strange way.

At least now, Sade has finally moved on and found herself a new love with Walter.

Apr 28, 7:36 AM

Feb 2021
We finally got the reason why Sade cursed Bocchan! Doing all this just because of jealousy is super petty, but she is evil and all, so yeah.
Omg is that the track from the music box we saw a couple episodes back at the end T_T
Apr 28, 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
Finally, we meet Bocchan's grandmother and grandfather.

On a stormy night, a lone woman arrives at the mansion. Introducing herself as Liz, her true identity turns out to be a ghost, and what's more, she's the grandmother of Bocchan. Furthermore, the ghost of Victor, Bocchan's grandfather, also appears. The reason they've become ghosts lies in a contract with Sade, and it seems they have some idea about why Bocchan was cursed. And so, Victor begins to recount his past with Sade.

She's surprisingly young for a grandmother, isn't she? But given how eccentric and unusual Bocchan's family is, not aging would probably be the least weird thing about them. Jeez, in a way, the witches in this world to Bocchan's family are just what Dio is to Jonathan in JoJo's, just messing with them just because...??? But the more we learn about the witches, the more I find myself understanding them more in some strange way.

At least now, Sade has finally moved on and found herself a new love with Walter.
Allergy season hit hard today

IzanaSolos said:
Sade has finally moved on and found herself a new love with Walter.

Daleth loves Walter..not Sade. Sade is dead.
Apr 28, 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
Damn bro when Rob put those glasses on... hit way harder than I was expecting. Sade was basically just super jealous though... But I can certainly relate to not wanting to be alone.
Apr 28, 10:29 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. This episode hit hard. The best episode of this season so far.

I was wondering how and why Bocchan's grandparents became ghosts. Of course, Sade was involved. It all made sense.

I love Liz. She is so cheerful just like Sharon. It completely makes sense why Victor missed her so much. It also makes sense why he liked Sharon so much. It's cos she reminded him of Liz.

So, the reason Sade cursed Bocchan and Sharon was because she fell in love with Victor... When Sharon entered the mansion Sade thought she had taken her place. That's an incredibly petty reason to ruin the lives of so many people. But she is an evil witch who probably did a lot of bad things before. And this series has a fairy tale setting so it makes sense.

In the end, what Bocchan said was right. If Sade had someone who understood her with her then maybe she wouldn't turn out this way... I still can't fully get behind them wanting to save Sade after what she did but it might be the right approach after all...

Man, when Rob put on the glasses and saw his old masters again the feels hit me like a truck. The ending was so wholesome. It's great that he was able to say goodbye.
Apr 28, 11:09 AM
Feb 2022
this episode is so fucking wholesome :)
Apr 28, 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
This was one of the best episodes in the whole series. Bocchan, Alice and Rob meet Bocchan's dead grandparents again and we get a touching backstory of how they are related to Sade and we finally got to know more details about what happened in the past.

The next episode title is also different from the ones so far, so we should be in for a surprise.
Apr 28, 7:46 PM

Sep 2018
One of the best episodes of the whole show, can be really touching at times. Good to finally understand some motives behind Sade's actions.
Apr 28, 7:49 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to HOOfan_1
Allergy season hit hard today

IzanaSolos said:
Sade has finally moved on and found herself a new love with Walter.

Daleth loves Walter..not Sade. Sade is dead.
@HOOfan_1 It's why I don't bother reading the first few posts of a series discussion, oftentimes full of misinformation and quite telling that these bots really aren't paying the greatest attention to the show.
Apr 28, 10:25 PM

Nov 2021
This was one of my favorite episodes tbh. Sade's backstory was really good and love how everything is connected
Apr 29, 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
If they can go back in time again...
Why save Sade? Save Liz instead. That way, Victor won't fall into depression and sign a contract with Sade that would damn their souls to wander the Earth. Nobody gets cursed.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 29, 4:52 AM

Jul 2017
A visitor from the other side, this Liz the Laugher who knows Bocchan, is a rather suspicious character whom Alice does not know, she's a ghost visiting her grandson, wanting to see how Bocchan has been, alongside Victor, his grandfather. The grandparents' contract with Sade piques Bocchan's interest, finally knowing of his curse with Sade, after the death of Liz. Victor accursing himself that he should've been there for her, Sade forthcoming to grant him the wish of ghosts travelling together around the world, for the price of dying 20 years earlier, that is akin to signing a death sentence.

Sade being the Underworld Boss at the time, she's intrigued that Victor signed his life away to a witch, though her usual nun outfit nautrally made her part of the mansion. And just as is with Sade being kept a witch, she saw him age, and even with Sharon's inclusion thereafter as a way to pass time. But where Victor draws the line between Sade and Sharon is the thought of being friends, though he's rather dense to think about it, with Sade going straight for Sharon. Even with the realization of the children of Bocchan, Walter and Viola, Sade only grew more discontent seeing both Victor and Sharon together, as she realized that she is in love with him, leaving her one-sided love turned from jealousy into hatred. That's how Bocchan was cursed by Sade into not being able to realize the love of others, while knowing that he's clearly in love with Alice.

Back to the present, the ghastly grandparents are also seen by Rob, making the mansion a new generation standing for the legacy of what both Victor and Liz left behind.

A very pivotal episode serving as the crux of the entire series. May Victor and Liz have a fruiful life, even in the afterdeath.
Apr 29, 5:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The grandparents are here as ghosts because of the pact with Sade... but seriously, she would be the most toxic girlfriend ever because all of that is because of her extreme jealousy.
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Jun 2020
This episode was awesome, nostalgic and wholesome. Hope this season soars up like this.
Apr 29, 10:30 AM

Aug 2022
The story went peak!! and nice grandma lol
Apr 29, 4:04 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to Janethan23
If they can go back in time again...
Why save Sade? Save Liz instead. That way, Victor won't fall into depression and sign a contract with Sade that would damn their souls to wander the Earth. Nobody gets cursed.
Don't forget that:
-Victor's lost made him closer to Sharon, since she resembled his late wife.
-If it had never happened, Sharon wouldn't be able to help Alice, who used to have a weak health.
-If Sharon and Alice had never lived in the mansion, Bocchan and Alice would have never meet each other
-If Sharon had never dealt with Sade, Alice's health would have never been cured
-Making easy math, Alice would probably be dead.

So, if Bocchan goes back in time to save Liz, he would lose everything he loves.
krspApr 29, 4:08 PM
Apr 30, 12:29 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man, actually might be the best episode of the entire series so far. unrequited love stories are some of my fave, but also most painful. I feel bad for Sade honestly. The face she made when gramps told her he cared about Sharon a lot was just .. yikes. This episode fleshed out her character so much and made me a lot more sympathetic towards her. She’s not anywhere near the pure evil villain we thought

Sade probably thought “damn I been waiting on this dude all these years and he found another woman” 😭 it’s funny how she and Daleth both have that being afraid to tell a guy how they feel thing in common. At least Victor knew at the end how much she cared about him and those tears as well as the voiceover with Sade crying while holding Daleth.. pain.

Going back in time and saving Sade should be fun, can’t wait to see it play out.
Marinate1016Apr 30, 12:34 AM
Apr 30, 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
Best episode so far! I really like Victor's character. What happened to him and his wife Liz, ain't so bad, they were like on honeymoon and reuniting them with Rob near the end of episode seals it emotionally really well. It feels so complete. Rob got his wish. It almost feels like he's also gonna pass on soon.

Speaking of Liz when I saw Viola looking at her portrait. I guess it's implied that she takes off after her grandmother judging her perkiness and so Walter.
jestynApr 30, 2:51 AM
May 1, 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
what a revelation! NOW IT ALL CONNECTS! Sade loved gramps of Bocchan!
5/5

May 3, 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
Nice backstory episode. Even though I still think Sade is unredeemable, it was great to finally know about her past and motives behind her actions.
Last part with Rob reuniting with his old masters hit way harder than I expected, I must say.
May 4, 2:08 AM

May 2015
Sade's story is really sad.
May 6, 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
Very nice episode! Sade's pain revealed, and we finally met grandpa and grandma. Both sweet people.
May 7, 6:57 AM

Jun 2020
Sade's backstory and motives got me emotional. This episode is well-executed, and I love Liz's character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - 10 hours ago

11 by Dudi4PoLFr »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

11 by SouthRzVa »»
May 9, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14

15 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 6, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 7

27 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 6, 7:08 AM

» More Info.

tsubasalover - Jan 2

11 by Playcool »»
May 5, 2:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.