Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 28, 11:31 PM
Dec 2012
For a guy who supposedly works out and has a very physically demanding job he has really terrible cardio for a guy his age. they act like dude is in his 40s or smokes alot and never moves around. I guess he can't be a total loser who everyone can pick on if he's physically fit.
Apr 28, 11:40 PM
Sep 2023
cant waiting for next episode
Apr 28, 11:53 PM
Mar 2022
first two episodes were a solid 9/10 for me. them this episode singlehandedly managed to drop this down to a 6/10 so far... really hated this ep with how the MC is acting and being absolutely bitched by everyone. at this point you might as well keep watching this show to see him get bitched and clowned oj by everyone around him. ill still keep watching but this ep left a really sour taste in my mouth
Apr 29, 4:45 AM
Oct 2019
Finally a relatable MC.
HE JUST LIKE ME FR!! LMAO

Also the comedy was really hit the mark.
It was actually funny.

I was waiting for Mina to say anything about Kafka but she just remains silent the whole episode.
Apr 29, 5:47 AM
Nov 2019
seleksi tahap ke 2 pertarungan melawan kaijuu
My Candies :
Apr 29, 8:24 AM

Apr 2018
The MC is annoying, just use your powers retard.
Apr 29, 8:44 AM
Jan 2024
plain boring... i mean it was alright but i need an mc moment, anyone please
Apr 29, 8:46 AM
Oct 2007
This episode totally right up my lane. Rooting for Kafka!

Love the ED by OneRepublic too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 10:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? 0% and up to 0.01%
kekeke
Apr 29, 12:15 PM
Nov 2013
So far this show is like an edging session but much less enjoyable.
Apr 29, 2:23 PM
Apr 2021
SHINOMIYA IS FINALLY HERE I’m so happy to see her she’s literally my favourite character in the whole series she’s such a real one and keeps Kafka as a friend instead of being a rich snob towards him😊

The little smile she did and the little laughing noise she made was so adorably cute of her😫☺️
Apr 29, 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a bigger loser as a protagonist than this guy "Kafka". This episode was so cliche that I am actually scared to watch the next one because I might fall asleep and never wake up from how boring & predictable this piece of shit is gonna be.

8.2 rating my ass.

Apr 29, 11:08 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to phantom346
Why do they need soldiers? Why not just put the weapons on the drones? It's not like the soldiers are punching and kicking the Kaiju or anything.
@phantom346
Because their suit enhances their weapons depending on the power they can withstand, they also have to attack the weak points of the kaijuu.
Apr 29, 11:53 PM
Mar 2024
This repetitive trope of the protagonist being a loser who gets himself handed into the exam just cause others are more talented
and at the end everyone knows the guy will use his Kaiju powers

generic writing
Apr 30, 1:54 AM
Oct 2023
I'm eager to see what everyone's reaction will be when Kafka transforms.

I'm enjoying the build-up to the main story events. I bore easily, and so far, I have found each episode to be engaging and a little bit of an action based rom-com.

I'm here for it~
Apr 30, 9:27 AM
Nov 2022
Quite a lot of "xd", a lot of barking and little action, that's the only thing that bothers me about this type of stories.
Apr 30, 10:40 AM
Feb 2022
Guy says that he exercises regularly and does a physically demanding job, can't even do a chin over bar pull up.
I would have thrown that little girl's car through the parking lot for the shit she did to the company car. Didn't even pay up and I'm supposed to like her? For being a bitch? I don't care if she's a good soldier if she's got an awful character.

The whole anime is so cliché. The most typical of boring shounens.
Also, didn't they say that MC's childhood friend is 27? (Super impressive captain is young at 27 - or something like that.) So how is MC 31? They looked like they were the same age in their childhood - so what's up?

Also, I don't really get why they think I'll care about the names of some boring guys just standing around. If you want me to care, you have to earn it by making the characters interesting! Make them do something cool or don't waste my time...

This entire examination is like a poor copy of the MHA test - except way lamer and more boring.
Apr 30, 1:17 PM

Dec 2018
nice episode, anime is promising
Apr 30, 3:56 PM
May 2022
best thing i saw this year, and this is the adaptation that i wanted :3
Apr 30, 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
In the next episode he will be at 100% and one shot the boss kaiju. And everyone will be surprised. Just a guess.

The comedy is annoying. Should have stayed in the kaiju recycling unit and build a decent story around it.
Apr 30, 6:23 PM
Apr 2023
I think it's solid and so far really faithful to the manga. just wish the episodes were longer.
Apr 30, 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
MC being humiliated for practically an entire episode? Yeah... not really a fan of that.
And whoever decided it was a good idea to add an insufferable 16yo ojou-sama to the main cast can kindly go to hell.

Disappointing episode after two very solid ones.
Apr 30, 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
The quality gap this show has with other shows is just flat out fucking unfair.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 1, 6:06 AM

Oct 2016
This show is so good at subverting expectations. I thought Kafka would use his Kaiju powers to get ahead in the physical test like most power fantasies do, but instead he hid it to respect the work other applicants put in. I thought his suit potential would be 100% because he is actually a kaiju, but it ended up being 0%. And I thought we would see a big increase at the end, but it only went up to 0.01%. I don’t know what is going to happen and I love it. I’m so excited to see what comes next. (8.5/10)
May 1, 9:09 AM

Aug 2020
Watch them introduce all of these "cool" characters just to focus on only a VERY few of them
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
May 1, 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
This anime is everything Solo Leveling should have been and had: good pacing, interesting character design and obviously top quality animation.
May 1, 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
Don't really care about the side characters but ganbatte Kafka.
May 1, 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
Hoped there was a bit more to this series, but it seems to just reuse old tropes. Can't say I was fully sold on this episode
May 2, 6:06 AM

Dec 2013
The little blonde girl is a bigger deal than I was expecting.

It's impressive that he managed to figure out what they were testing, but it will be a miracle if he passes.
May 2, 6:22 PM

Oct 2022
I feel like we could've had some quicker pacing in the episode tbh, I would've liked to see Kafka actually use his powers or smth.

May 2, 8:52 PM

Nov 2022
I kinda like the fact he's hiding the Kaiju. It makes every episode seem tense cause it can leak out any time.
I wonder if he can transform his hand into the Kaiju form to get more strength? It's covered so they shouldn't be able to see it unless it destroys the armor or they got cameras inside the armor..
May 3, 1:39 AM

Feb 2018
Hmm, will Mr. Kafka use his kaijuu powers or not? I guess we'll find out soon.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 3, 10:09 AM
May 2016
Banger animation !
May 3, 10:09 PM
Feb 2023
The episode is Superbeb
May 4, 12:49 AM
Dec 2021
In this episode of Kaiju No. 8, Kafka and his team participate in a familiar examination arc scenario, facing off against captured monsters to prove their worth to join the defense forces. While the premise isn't groundbreaking, it functions adequately within the show's context. The episode offers comedic elements, such as Kafka's relatable complaints about aging and humorous interactions between characters like Kafka and Kikoru. However, the animation quality remains a bit lackluster, with characters feeling flat and lacking fluidity in certain scenes, particularly during discussions and exposition. Overall, while not breaking new ground, the episode delivers a satisfactory experience within its established framework.

May 4, 1:40 AM

May 2015
This examinator doesn't make me trust with his vampire face.
May 4, 7:20 AM

May 2009
Reply to Icceman
This anime is everything Solo Leveling should have been and had: good pacing, interesting character design and obviously top quality animation.
@Icceman Too bad the writing is just as generic.
May 5, 10:30 AM
Feb 2021
Ah yes, We can’t have a shonen anime without the training arc. For Kafka’s case he has to overcome his struggles and challenges, by proving that he can face a kaiju even at 0% strength?! Of course that’s the number he was given with. Despite the fact that he got injured yet again, he tries to walk it off, telling them That he will pass his test, no matter what gave him a 0.01% chance of hope. Regardless that he isn’t as strong or a show off as Kikoru, he finds smarter ways to help out the force by being their support they need to beat the kaijus. If I have to guess… more kaijus will be appearing in the show in stronger ways, to the point where Kafka might have to become a kaiju again to face them at some point.
May 6, 3:43 PM
Dec 2023
Esse foi o episodio que eu menos curti até agora, mas não tá ruim não.
May 6, 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
loved it, finally catching up on these!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 8, 10:43 PM

Mar 2010
He is so childish lol, getting taunted so easily. Hope they get more action next episode even when hes injured.
May 9, 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Let me guess, that gauge is gonna reach 100% and he's gonna unleash everything ala Mob lol
May 10, 10:40 AM
Jun 2022
May 11, 3:47 AM
Jun 2013
Yea the power of ZERO! Good to see his job actually gave him some useful experience.
May 11, 10:53 PM
Oct 2023
The irritation that yellow hair girl is giving, I just want her to loss in any way, either from mc or any other person, for the mc, I really feel bad for him, trying in even 30s and then simply a teenage gir disrespecting him...
May 13, 5:15 AM

Dec 2022
Yeah Kikoru sometimes or even always if possible enough really annoys me and not so much and hope this typical exam where the mc is just a plain old loser while he has some demonic power within him like your usual shonen trope doesn't dissapoint me or at least bore me. My guy went from 0% to 0.01% is just hard work I respect em.

May 13, 7:45 AM
Mar 2020
Really enjoying the whole show
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» So we agree that Kafka's "8" form is sexy, right?

VanVeleca - Yesterday

44 by Linda222 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

otakuweek - May 11

136 by antoninus_v »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Apr 20

232 by Dillemon »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Lowkey who else thinks this anime is hilarious as F?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 14

41 by deg »»
Yesterday, 8:02 AM

» I don't think some understand Kafka as a character.

MasterHavik - May 12

38 by Icceman »»
Yesterday, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.