Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 27, 7:50 PM
Jan 2022
I feel, it will be another masterpiece.
Apr 27, 7:59 PM

Feb 2012
MC was tilting the shit out of me not using his powers and just getting dogged in the tests. Especially since he used a partially transformation before to move the car.

The wait for next week is gonna be painful.
Apr 27, 8:03 PM
Sep 2022
Damn Kafka is up against a tough crowd this week! Really liking the character designs of everyone we're meeting.

Also I love Shinomiya so much and its so cool to see Kafka [start to] go zero to hero!
Apr 27, 8:04 PM
Mar 2019
He's trying to play by the rules, no transforming.
I would have though, to make sure.
Apr 27, 9:03 PM
Jun 2012
First two episodes a bit better. But this is nothing to skip on.

Not a drop in quality at all. Simply less of an action focus to display the production itself.

Solid performances from the cast too. I've been watching the dub and they have been on point for their roles so far. The lead, supporting actor, and the twin-tail best girl. Have nailed it in their interactions.

Overall great run so far.
Apr 27, 9:14 PM

Feb 2022
Dragging out using his powers to make us agonize a lil bit more of course.
Shows still good, definitely can see why its booming into a popular one this season.
Apr 27, 9:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kafka sure is funny old man, teasing those mistress, and then he looked very hard at the fitness test xd. But since he had experience with the body disposal of kaijuu, the knowledge seems become a strength of his aptitude test? Damn with those ambush. Those horse-feet monster seems so eager to defeat Kafka, wonder why.

Well idk how much the difference 0.01 number gonna take to Kafka against the impossibility. But i can see the next episode gonna be dope. Let's see what Ig Prod cooking next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 27, 9:32 PM
Jan 2021
Kafka not just abusing his powers is such a good writing choice, it makes him a lot more interesting to see him push through the hurdles as his normal self.
Apr 27, 9:34 PM
Jan 2021
Kafka not just abusing his powers is such a good writing choice, it makes him a lot more interesting to see him push through the hurdles as his normal self.
Apr 27, 10:04 PM
May 2023
1List2RuleThemAl said:
What a garbage episode.

Whole episode filled with annoying kids, if I wanted to see that, I would go watch Sword Art Online. The whole premise is about a guy becoming a Kaiju, why waste an episode pretending he wouldn't do so? I mean the guy openly lifts a car with his strength and in actual tests, despite constantly under-performing, keeps being a cuck.

Great, after 20 mins of him pretending to not use his powers because "ALL THOSE KIDS WORKED HARD", he's going to in the next episode. Amazing, we came full circle, wasted an episode, and things which everyone knew would happen, will happen.

It's impressive how garbage writing can ruin the flow of a story instantly. I enjoyed the first two episodes, and now they shat this out. Feels like a filler episode.

Not everything needs to be 100% nonstop using powers and action to be good šŸ˜­
Sometimes it's better without it.
Apr 27, 10:38 PM
Dec 2022
Can the combat suit even register 0.01%? It seems so. Must be the lowest next to 0%. Gotta have to respect Kafka's determination to continue.
Apr 27, 10:52 PM
Apr 2018
Softhenic03 said:
Way to leave an impression on a girl literally half your age. But trust me, this is just the start, as this man would continue humiliating himself going forward, and we’re talking about for a very LONG time here.

Anyways, unnecessary screaming and unfunny humour still being holding this series from all fronts aside, this episode kind of shows why characters like Kikoru are so insufferable in this series. Not that the main guy actually doesn’t deserve to be ridiculed, but hey, we need not to be so proactive about that lol.

By the way, the author wrote her as a perfect ojou-sama character, being the polar opposite of our main guy, and then he doesn’t stop at his attempts of competing them against each other, which is actually ridiculous and the worst part. Anyways, as usual Kafka sucked hard in the neutralization task, though at least he was able to guide others.. the only thing he could’ve done.

So yeah, that was kind of embarrassing when Kafka was told to be retired lol. But yeah, being the main guy, you're just not programmed that way.

he's not going to use the powers any soon? disappointing.. i was imaging how he's going to use them in a fight, but seems he just goig to flip cars
Apr 27, 11:25 PM
Jun 2021
great episode! can't wait for the next one.
Apr 28, 12:02 AM

Aug 2019
That was one frustrating episode. I don’t want him to use his powers yet either since they’re literally being watched by the Defense Corps captain and the entire force lol.

I love Kikoru tho, she knows she’s a badass.

0.01% was so freaking funny. Dude is not him yet.
Apr 28, 12:11 AM

Nov 2011
so much of Hoshina <3
Apr 28, 1:37 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Well, I'll still follow this show and comment because it's in my fantasy team. But, so far, I can't find what makes it different from your generic battle shounen. It's fun, anyway, it reminds me of Chained Soldier minus the ecchi and the waifus. Mina is 100% my type, tho, so I expect to watch more from her.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 28, 1:49 AM

Dec 2015
The author just wrote himself into a corner and now only two things can happen on the following episodes.

One: Kafka doesn't use his powers but somehow still passes the exam because otherwise the story just ends. So it's either a really convoluted reason, or a shonen bullshit reason like "the power of friendship" kind of ass-pull.

Two: Kafka eats all of his "b-b-but I don't want to cheat uwu" words and uses his powers. But "aktually" he is forced to due moralist reasons, like for example, something goes wrong on the exam and he has to save someone. Or he is about to be killed and the shields fail so he has to use his powers anyway.

You know, it's not even the shonen tropes that are ruining this anime for me. It's the abuse of jokes and the humiliation of the main character.

Apr 28, 1:59 AM
Oct 2018
ik they r building up to it and im liking the chara arc for kafka BUT I NEED HIM TO UNLEASH THAT KAIJU STRENGHT FFS
Apr 28, 2:11 AM

Jan 2017
Ughh this episode felt too short. And that 0.01% increase in Kafka's power got me all hyped up. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 28, 2:25 AM
Jan 2022
kafka is getting on my nerves can't take his crying all the time without his kaiju ability he would be a total loser ....
Apr 28, 2:57 AM
Jan 2023
Im excited for more of this anime, im thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Apr 28, 4:18 AM
Sep 2023
NB_Tenchy said:
@Rom-Com_lover More so than you did, several times. 105 chapters reread after episode 1 aired since episode 1 was a lot of things that didn't happen in the manga.

Apr 28, 4:27 AM
Apr 2021
Lesgoooo ITS HERE DAWGGGGG
Apr 28, 4:31 AM
Oct 2021
watsym said:
"They worked hard I shouldn't use my power while competing", while everyone doing their best with their talents. MC is purely half-assing his abilities and as a result he is ridiculed. Oh how shallowy noble of him to try and compete on "equal footing".

yeah honestly the whole episode I was annoyed because he is literally throwing his dream away for no reason.
Apr 28, 4:34 AM

Dec 2022
Not gonna lie, this is more embarrassing than I had expected it to be.
0.01 % oof
Apr 28, 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to bushman66
He's trying to play by the rules, no transforming.
I would have though, to make sure.
@bushman66

Not sure what the point is seeming as though he will 100% need to use his powers.
Apr 28, 5:03 AM

Jun 2016
clown stop being shameful !!

Apr 28, 5:57 AM

May 2015
Wow Kafka went from 0 to 0.001% in one episode. Guy is OP!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 28, 6:21 AM
Aug 2022
Even I, an old man, was moved!
Apr 28, 7:23 AM

Apr 2021
This show is peak entertainment. I love the unique animation. Was hoping he’d use his powers.
Apr 28, 7:28 AM
Mar 2018
A fun, action-packed episode!
Apr 28, 7:29 AM

Feb 2012
Despite all the embarrassment, lagging behind and only 0% potential, Kafka strives to compete fairly against his fellow examinees.
From the parking dispute, Kiroku knows he's not drawing out all of his strength and can't let him drop out so soon.
He can do it 0.01 steps at a time.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 28, 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
cool episode, I want to see him start to grow up soon and the impact he has on the blonde
Apr 28, 10:39 AM
Apr 2022
Seriously, with every episode this anime gets better.
Apr 28, 11:06 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Enderobot
@Enderobot there's literally hundred of main character with that kinda trait. So fkin lame, age 30 but fkin 16 brain
Apr 28, 11:29 AM

Mar 2022
Forget about getting worse, at this point it annoying.
Apr 28, 12:05 PM
Sep 2015
Far too slow. The same things happened over and over again.
Apr 28, 12:47 PM

Sep 2023
This episode was fine, nothing really spectacular or amazing. Watching this has made me question my feelings about the portion of the manga that I read a while ago and why I thought it was so great.
Apr 28, 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode. Love Kikoru
Apr 28, 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
Mates, it feels like half of y'all hadn't actually watched this episode.
'How can the teens be so much stronger' this and 'He should be in peak condition at 30!' that, or 'Why are they sending untrained civilians into combat?' and 'Why don't they just give everybody those suits?' good grief my dudes

half the episode is spent on explaining that a good chunk of the participants literally graduated from kaijuu killing schools.
THAT'S why they're better than Kafka, that's why they're sending them into battle, that's why they aren't just giving those suits to randos - because even trained cadets can only achieve around 15% at best. That's what makes Shinomiya a prodigy and why she could graduate from her kaijuu killing school at 16.
Hoshina specifically says that previous years they've maybe got one person reach 10% and even compliments Reno on his 8% because that's an amazing number without proper training.
like I'm not saying this is some next level world building or anything, but it is internally consistent and also all there in the episode.
Apr 28, 1:24 PM

Nov 2020
This anime is really the retarded brother of AOT, although this 3rd training episode looked more like MHA xD
Well, the animation seems worse, the character designs are making my eyes hurt more and more just looking at it.
The blonde behaves with superiority in an overly exaggerated way, her attitude and the way she runs her hand through her hair, while watching it I was already thinking about what it will be like in the future where she will 99% behave like a tsundere towards the MC xD
The guy with his eyes closed seems cool.
3/5
Apr 28, 1:30 PM
Aug 2017
Idk why the story is acting like a guy in his early 30's is already an old and weak oldge when it's still literally within the prime physical age (with a mention he's been grinding non-stop out of habit for years).
BUT obviously a 16y old blondie that looks like a stick is the epitome of physical prowess...

I didn't expect this to be a comedy for teenagers, what a shame.
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to elany
Mates, it feels like half of y'all hadn't actually watched this episode.
'How can the teens be so much stronger' this and 'He should be in peak condition at 30!' that, or 'Why are they sending untrained civilians into combat?' and 'Why don't they just give everybody those suits?' good grief my dudes

half the episode is spent on explaining that a good chunk of the participants literally graduated from kaijuu killing schools.
THAT'S why they're better than Kafka, that's why they're sending them into battle, that's why they aren't just giving those suits to randos - because even trained cadets can only achieve around 15% at best. That's what makes Shinomiya a prodigy and why she could graduate from her kaijuu killing school at 16.
Hoshina specifically says that previous years they've maybe got one person reach 10% and even compliments Reno on his 8% because that's an amazing number without proper training.
like I'm not saying this is some next level world building or anything, but it is internally consistent and also all there in the episode.
@elany you didn't explain "why they send untrained civilians to fight" xD literally MC is such a civilian and despite 0% they sent him somewhere where people who have 15% each can't cope, what's the point? Besides, it's stupid that the blonde doesn't wonder how MC has only 0% even though he lifted the car earlier, he just said "finally show what you can do" as if you could hide your potential xD
Apr 28, 2:48 PM
Feb 2015
He really got the short end of the stick, probably his power can be unleashed 100% on Kaiju mode or so i hope. His frustration is relatable and it makes me want to support him. The embarassment and feeling of inadequacy just adding the fuel for him to prove to be worth it, you all should be more patient lmao.

Go go Kafka, Don't give up!
jumbosanApr 28, 2:59 PM
Apr 28, 4:22 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to Ba-Cii10
@elany you didn't explain "why they send untrained civilians to fight" xD literally MC is such a civilian and despite 0% they sent him somewhere where people who have 15% each can't cope, what's the point? Besides, it's stupid that the blonde doesn't wonder how MC has only 0% even though he lifted the car earlier, he just said "finally show what you can do" as if you could hide your potential xD
@Ba-Cii10 I didn't think it needed to be spelt out in so many words, honestly. Cadets aren't civilians and the rest of them are being protected by the presence of those cadets. Simple as that. And honestly not sure where you've seen any of the trainees seriously struggle.
I'm not saying anything about this scenario is terribly realistic, but why are we looking for realism in a kaijuu show anyway? Most of the questions in this thread can be answered with 'Kafka is competing against more or less professionals' and the rest is just typical anime bullshit. I don't see how anime being anime is worth getting upset about.
Apr 28, 4:31 PM
Jul 2020
I'm far too blue-balled by this show man. We've had the "I'm now a kaiju" cliffhanger in the first episode, then the "rich vs morally strong competition" cliffhanger on the second episode, and now we don't even have a cliffhanger? What's he gonna do with all the 0.01% of power? The only cool and fun thing yet was the kaiju-Kafka vs real kaiju fight.

And for all who say that "people are too impatient and only want action". This is a shonen anime! The only reason we watch it is for action with a pinch of fun! If we wanted buildup, complex character development and tame pacing, we'd go back to watching Monster!
Apr 28, 7:39 PM
Apr 2024
The episode was hilarious! The way Kikoru teases Kafka and when Kafka said,"Forget my name!". That scene was actually hilarious. šŸ˜‚
Although there were some moments when it became emotional. At the end of the day, The episode was nice. Can't wait for the 4th Episode.
Apr 28, 9:16 PM

Mar 2019
This episode kind of sucked. The first part of the test already showed that he was atheletically weak without his powers. We don't need to have it constantly beaten over our heads for an entire episode.
Apr 28, 9:22 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka gets treated like a joke throughout almost the entire episode. The one moment of glory he has is lifting the company car, but that's it. It's gonna be interested how handles the test, especially because Ichikawa tells him that using his powers will just get him into trouble.
Apr 28, 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
KAfka's got no shot without transforming.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

62 by TEOKXNG »»
1 hour ago

» Is something bigger gonna happen by the end of the season ?!

Reckless_weeb - Today

14 by rinnmakesmusic »»
3 hours ago

» OP/ED Songs are just not it

DrOctavius99 - Apr 15

49 by ReddeluGuy »»
3 hours ago

» Why is this tagged ā€œadult castā€ when Kikoru is 16?

SwagsOnB - May 18

33 by ArashikageX »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - May 18

92 by Nanami0007 »»
6 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.