Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 15, 11:23 AM
Dec 2020
Watched the first episode and its great so far but the ending surprised me cause I knew it was One Republic and its basic. Checked the Opening saw it was Yungblud, listened to it and its still basic.
Heavily disappointed since this show would fit well with some heavy rock or metal like SiM or even Coldrain
They really dropped the ball with this one
Apr 15, 11:32 AM
Apr 2023
both opening and ending, both Are bangers
Apr 15, 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
I never really care if the song fits with the vibe of the show or not. If it's a good song then it's a good song, i will enjoy the song nonetheless. Same case with Frieren's op 1 by Yoasobi, doesn't matter the lyrics fits the theme of the show, i still don't like the song
SukiAni27Apr 15, 11:36 AM
Apr 15, 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah, both OP and ED ain't it to me as well. I very rarely skip OPs and EDs but in this case both are an easy skip sadly.
Apr 15, 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
Yea they’re both trash, obviously the ending being worse than the opening
Apr 15, 11:44 AM
Aug 2023
What?! OP is a banger, It hit my playlist right away
Apr 15, 11:45 AM
Oct 2016
The ending is a banger
Apr 15, 11:48 AM

Mar 2019
I'm not a fan of Onerepublic but I didn't think the song was bad.. ╮⁠(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠╭
Apr 15, 11:51 AM
Nov 2023
Nice to see such a variety of opinions, however bad something may seem there’s always someone else who loves it. Personally I really don’t like either and would like MAXIMUM THE HORMONE to get the job.
Apr 15, 11:56 AM
Aug 2023
honestly they weren't bad at all
Apr 15, 12:05 PM
Dec 2020
SukiAni27 said:
I never really care if the song fits with the vibe of the show or not. If it's a good song then it's a good song, i will enjoy the song nonetheless. Same case with Frieren's op 1 by Yoasobi, doesn't matter the lyrics fits the theme of the show, i still don't like the song

I agree with not always having to fit the vibe of the show, and I'm not saying the songs are garbage. I just think they're basic and not really for me.
This is my opinion and I know not everyone will agree to it. Everyone has their own taste in music
Apr 15, 12:10 PM

Jan 2023
I get where you’re coming from and to somewhat of an extent, I can understand you on the songs being basic. That being said though, I could argue that it’s more fitting towards Kafka and his development direction rather than the overall vibe of the show given a different comment I made on the episode discussion about it feeling inspirational.

Metal would probably best fit the show as a whole though, I can’t argue there lol

"You win this round. You doggies."
Apr 15, 12:25 PM
Dec 2020
BitChilly said:
I get where you’re coming from and to somewhat of an extent, I can understand you on the songs being basic. That being said though, I could argue that it’s more fitting towards Kafka and his development direction rather than the overall vibe of the show given a different comment I made on the episode discussion about it feeling inspirational.

Metal would probably best fit the show as a whole though, I can’t argue there lol

I am curious on how the opening and ending visuals are going to look paired with the songs
Apr 15, 12:28 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to DrOctavius99
BitChilly said:

I am curious on how the opening and ending visuals are going to look paired with the songs
Who knows, we can only speculate until the next episode. I imagine that it might be something similar to that of Fire Force.

Apr 15, 12:31 PM
Jul 2021
SukiAni27 said:

“Yuusha” is beautiful maybe it’s just taste differences
Apr 15, 12:39 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Animeunderrated
SukiAni27 said:

“Yuusha” is beautiful maybe it’s just taste differences
It’s a good song, it’s just quite a bit of people (myself included) felt that it didn’t fit the vibe of Frieren during the first cour. Of course, music is heavily subjective so if they didn’t like it, they didn’t like it.

Apr 15, 12:44 PM
Sep 2022
Japan gotta ask western artists to do anime OPs and EDs more often
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Sep 2020
Both the OP and ED are Bangers.
Apr 15, 1:05 PM

Apr 2021
Both are great. Just wish the full version of the opening was longer.
Apr 15, 1:44 PM
May 2023
I like OneRepublic's older songs a LOT better.

I got excited when I heard they were doing a song for it, but since I haven't listened to them in a while, I didn't realize how hard they fell off
Apr 15, 1:59 PM
Dec 2022
The ending is a banger. OneRepublic outdid themselves. It's just perfect. But yea, I was expecting the ending to be done by Coldrain or Survive Said The Prophet and the opening by maybe MADKID or Kid Phenomenon.
Apr 15, 3:29 PM
Dec 2021
SukiAni27 said:

i kinda disagree with this. the whole point of an op especially is to be a tone setter for the rest of the show, so i dont really like it when they miss the mark on that. however even if they do im willing to admit when it is a genuinely good song. in the example you brought up i do think the song doesnt fit, especially for the first half of the season and tbh if they swapped it with the 2nd one i think it would have been a better fit. but i do still really love the song itself.

tldr i think theres a difference between a good opwning and a good song
Apr 15, 3:31 PM
Dec 2021
i honestly think the op is alright, but its nothing special. but i completely agree with you on the ed, you look up english pop on google and ur just gonna be listening to the same song with different lyrics.
Apr 15, 3:55 PM
Apr 2021
If a western artist is mainstream enough to be in Fortnite Festival, I DON'T WANT THEM DOING ANISON /j
Apr 15, 5:19 PM
Jul 2023
Should’ve been a death metal song for the op imo, fit with all the gore and carnage.
MainnusApr 15, 8:25 PM
Apr 15, 5:36 PM
Jan 2021
wat got u this hate over their song? western song has been on anime for a decade now. do u just never heard any of western song in ur life or something?
Apr 15, 6:06 PM
Apr 2023
SukiAni27 said:

Yea I get it. But it’s so
nice when it does.
Apr 15, 6:38 PM
Jun 2022
I personally like both of the songs, I'm more curious about the visuals for the op and Ed at this point.
Apr 15, 7:47 PM
Oct 2023
Hard disagree. Don’t care for Yungblud, I’ve been listening to OR since I was a kid. They have a special place in my heart. Song was just about how most of their music sounds. It’s just not your cup of tea is all, it probably cost the studio a lot of money to get both these songs done for this production.
Apr 16, 1:23 AM

Mar 2023
Yeah I agree, it doesn't fit the vibe of the show. On top of which they feel too generic as songs, I can't see myself listening to them outside the show either.
Apr 16, 2:01 AM

Dec 2022
I thought it was decent a.k.a above basic but below good for the op song. I just wish the op song was longer so i can easily vibe with it more and as for the ed song it's better ofc than the op so it's just plain good.
SanessyAdversaryApr 16, 3:31 AM

Apr 16, 4:07 AM
Oct 2023
Apart from the issue that they could be longer, I have no issues at all with the OP and ED.

YUNGBLUD’s Abyss fully captures themes that are to be explored in the anime (I’ve read the manga so no spoilers here) and I think it fits with the tone of the series too. With monsters on the rise and the mission of wiping them out alone is dangerous, it kinda sets up this dreadful feeling which makes it hit harder I think. Plus the vocals and backing track are great.

One Republic’s Nobody to me acts as a sort of, calm before the storm or, reminiscing on the good times with the ones you love/care about; basically what’s being seen with Kafka and his relationship with Ichikawa and Mina. And it’s just a vibe in general just something nice to listen to.

When I found out that these guys were doing the opening and ending themes I was caught off guard because I have become so used to hearing Japanese bands/artists making these, and to hear it from some known artists it’s just crazy like you never thought it would happen haha. I’m going play this on repeat for a while now too.

If you are dissatisfied with that then listen to the soundtrack. I’ve heard it in episode one and it sounds fucking awesome, definitely what I was expecting for a series like this and I can’t wait to see more to come.

But yeah that’s me.
Nght_WalkrApr 16, 9:38 AM
Apr 16, 4:10 AM
Jul 2021
DrOctavius99 said:
Watched the first episode and its great so far but the ending surprised me cause I knew it was One Republic and its basic. Checked the Opening saw it was Yungblud, listened to it and its still basic.
Heavily disappointed since this show would fit well with some heavy rock or metal like SiM or even Coldrain

both are bangers Idk what's your problem
Apr 16, 4:37 AM
Apr 2024
adakah indo disini?
Apr 16, 4:43 AM

Jan 2009
they are bangers but i like the ed more
Apr 16, 7:07 AM
Jan 2024
DrOctavius99 said:

I can say that the Yungblud one is TRASH, but the OneRepublic is awesome, man.
Apr 17, 3:03 AM
Jul 2020
JOJO_Fill said:
both opening and ending, both Are bangers

absolutely its a memorable opening, this is going to be an Animeof the year contender
Apr 17, 1:10 PM
Feb 2024
Good God the consensus is non-existent on this. Musically, both songs are good, but might not fit whatever visuals they throw them over (I'm not entirely sure that was the rest-of-the-season ending we saw). I can *imagine* a pretty dope OP with that song, but it can also end up underperforming.
Apr 18, 4:34 PM
Apr 2021
leaks show that the OP will be in 3DCG, and the ED will be quite static, really unfortunate.
Apr 19, 7:12 AM
Jun 2023
well why not just listened without "connecting it" to the anime, found onerepublic (don't know if anyone say this band is very basic) song enjoyble and yungblud unfortunately don't like it (if it's from another in this case a japanese rock band or not, would like it) compare to onerepublic (as enjoyed/liked their non mainstream songs) but guessing nowaday songs is really bad as hell?
section96Apr 19, 7:49 AM
Apr 19, 12:04 PM
Nov 2023
When i watched the op on youtube i thought i was watching a wrong op. I thought that kaiju no. 8 would have some heavy metal op like deathnote op 2
Apr 22, 11:19 PM

Nov 2012
nowhere near as bad as some seem to wanna make u believe.

I'm not super into either myself either, which is a shame, but they're super inoffensive and I don't hate them either.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 24, 5:44 AM
Nov 2015
One Republic and YUNGBLUD is excellent

[Kaiju No. 8] OneRepublic interview / A newly written song filled with love for anime and manga / Who is your favorite character? [Nobody (from Kaiju No.8)]

Kaiju No. 8] YUNGBLUD interview / Recorded all night while reading manga in Tokyo [Abyss (Kaiju No. 8 OP theme)]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 13

289 by MrZeroNotfound »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Apr 27

182 by Penguinu »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Apr 20

224 by G_Spark233 »»
Yesterday, 3:41 AM

» Hoshina Soshiro’s character design

FuunsaikiStar - Apr 27

9 by Anime_Skaddiel »»
Apr 30, 8:43 PM

» Wondering if the next epsiodes change up things (spicier and amazing)?

section96 - Apr 28

4 by M2X_ »»
Apr 30, 3:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.