Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
The harem's leveling up too? LMAO.

Into the cave of the goblins, an envoy from the elf tribe arrived. They condescendingly asked for help to fend off adventurers aiming for their treasures, but for the goblins, there was no benefit in it. Despite initially sending them away, a few days later, the elves returned. And finally, Gobkichi also evolved into an ogre as he leveled up. Perhaps inspired by this, Gobujii and Hobusei also began to rank up one after another. Furthermore, even Rubellia began to improve her skills.

At this rate, we'll have a cavalry of monster tamers. I thought they were just sparring, but she killed those kobolds. That's, um... okay then. But it's a fun new job, even if it's a bit sad that they have to eat monsters or die, but I guess that's just food in general. It seems the goblins as a whole are getting a lot stronger though, not just Gobrou. For the most part anyways. Kind of neat seeing what they’re evolving into. Seems even the humans are evolving too.

Rubellia's best girl, so I'm glad she's getting some attention.
IzanaSolosApr 22, 4:24 PM

Apr 22, 8:58 AM
Aug 2020
It feels like it is speed-running, and I think I miss a lot of details.
Apr 22, 9:07 AM

Dec 2022
well gobkichi also evolved more goblins are evolving and there is a war between elf and human i can imagine a couple of human soldiers attacking them and becoming their slaves
Apr 22, 9:11 AM
Sep 2021
Goburou is getting stronger with his friends & also defeating their enemies also at the same time.
Apr 22, 9:50 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

the characters a evolving...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 22, 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
The episode is between average and bad right now.

They use this frame for 8 seconds as a slow-mo shot. I'm no expert, I think the right ear is misaligned.

Yeah... This adaptation is rushed.
Hartm12Apr 22, 10:26 AM
Apr 22, 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to Hartm12
The episode is between average and bad right now.

They use this frame for 8 seconds as a slow-mo shot. I'm no expert, I think the right ear is misaligned.

Yeah... This adaptation is rushed.
Hartm12 said:
Yeah... This adaptation is rushed

The first volume is damn long, I was expecting like 6 episodes for it but it feels they took the speedway skipping a lot of content.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 22, 10:32 AM
Jan 2009
Some character development (evolutions, new skills), but almost no plot development, other than that "a war is coming."

If this was an RPG, this episode would be grinding dailies instead of doing the main story quest.

It wasn't BAD, but it seems wasteful in a 12 episode anime. I suppose it's OK if the plot requires the MC to be more powerful, but it feels like this could have happened WITH plot, rather than without.
Apr 22, 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
Seems like they're not representing what's happening in the manga very accurately.

For an example, the skeleton fight was supposed to go on pretty much all night, but there's no mention of that. Instead they go directly from mentioning farming the skeletons to exterminating the summoner.
It could've been fixed simply by adding a black screen saying "Hours later...", but they didn't. Now those who only watch the anime don't get a sense of how rigorously they're leveling up and training pretty much constantly.
AtotehZApr 22, 10:45 AM
Apr 22, 10:48 AM
Jul 2019
Yep, it's just a speedrun of blah.

Nice art style, animation has a few decent moments, but it's so fast-paced and they're obviously skipping a huge part of the story, it's annoying.

If I do watch it through, and that's doubtful, it's likely to be one of those anime I forget about the minute the last second rolls.

A shame -- could have been interesting if it wasn't adapted like this.
Apr 22, 11:26 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to WienGirl

Nice art style, animation has a few decent moments, but it's so fast-paced and they're obviously skipping a huge part of the story, it's annoying.

If I do watch it through, and that's doubtful, it's likely to be one of those anime I forget about the minute the last second rolls.

Yeah, it is a speedrun and this shot really confirmed for that this adaptation lacks in quality control or does not know what quality control is.

They use this frame for 8 seconds in a slow-motion shot while having a misaligned right ear.
Hartm12Apr 22, 11:30 AM
Apr 22, 11:34 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Hartm12
Yeah, it is a speedrun and this shot really confirmed for that this adaptation lacks in quality control or does not know what quality control is.

They use this frame for 8 seconds in a slow-motion shot while having a misaligned right ear.
@Hartm12

Yikes! Missed that :)

And yep -- it has a few decent moments, but so much of it is just a quagmire of dross.

Haven't read the manga/light novel, but it must be better than this, and have at least a bit more of an intricate plot for it to be so popular. This is so bland, it flies right by you like air. Can't remember much about it 10 minutes after watching it.

A shame.

And I always feel sorry for the author in these cases (same with the absolutely awful Cherry Magic!). They must be so excited to get an anime adaptation and then end up with... this.
WienGirlApr 22, 11:39 AM
Apr 22, 12:05 PM

Jul 2021
Raphaela28 said:
@Hartm12

And yep -- it has a few decent moments, but so much of it is just a quagmire of dross.

Haven't read the manga/light novel, but it must be better than this, and have at least a bit more of an intricate plot for it to be so popular. This is so bland, it flies right by you like air. Can't remember much about it 10 minutes after watching it.

A shame.

And I always feel sorry for the author in these cases (same with the absolutely awful Cherry Magic!). They must be so excited to get an anime adaptation and then end up with... this.

The visual quality is clearly bad, but as far as the plot goes, almost nothing has been skipped. This episode did exclude some scenes involving the elves, but I think they will be rearranged in the next episode for better context. If they aren't, then it's because it's too explicit for tv (not graphically, but as it relates to themes).

That's right. The manga is not at all more visually graphic than the show so far, contrary to what some people have been decrying. It's just that they've left out single pages of dialogues about rape, suicide and other things relating to sexual violence. Otherwise, you could almost say the manga is the screenplay for this show.
Apr 22, 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, old goblin raring for some action. Doofus elf leader doomed the whole clan. The plot is simple and easy to understand but it just way too quick, I don't feel a tension of an upcoming war.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 22, 12:22 PM
Oct 2022
I can’t believe Gobkichi turned himself into that special goblin variant. Now he is able to fight Gobrou properly, but unfortunately for him, Gobrou still wins, because he is a strong ogre.

I feel like Goburou is acting like a god between other goblins in the village. He establishes rules, prepares trainings for them and brings the most food into the village.

It would be amazing if he was able to get into the human form again (Tomokui Kanata), but I think he is already having a great time being a goblin.

I love opening and ending theme, they just chose good songs. So many abilities Gobrou gained are in his benefit, especially Monster Tamer and Auto Replicate.

On the other hand, the events are happening a bit too quick, like they go through days faster than I thought. But it’s not a problem:)
Apr 22, 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
The other goblins are evolving one by one. Gobmi evolution when? Waiting for it. Quite a bit happened this episode. Gobrou got new underlings but idk what the elves will do. Also the red hair girl got a power up too.
Apr 22, 1:17 PM

Feb 2019
This episode kinda felt like a speedrun.. blazed through a lot of details really quickly, and I’m kinda struggling to follow along at some points… but the main takeaway is that Gobrou’s village is preparing for war and everyone’s getting stronger.

I think levelling up the human girls is nice because as more and more people begin to inevitably target the village, it’ll be impossible to protect them all. So having red hair girl become a Noir Soldat and start holding her own is nice. After all, you’re only as strong as your weakest link.

The elves showed up talking all that shit just to get bullied and captured by Gobrou lmao. Wonder how they’ll fit into the coming battle.

Need that Gobimi evolution now 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Apr 22, 1:59 PM
Apr 22, 1:17 PM
Nov 2023
Y is no one talking about the creepy old goblin and the mc letting him do that shit🤮
Apr 22, 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
I'm just glad it didn't continue the shtick from the latter part of the previous episode.
....Minus Gobjii doing thrust movements on steroids (lol...where's that dogge meme when you need it)

And wait....he stuck the elves in jail that whole time? I totally didn't think they'd bring em up again.

I wonder does his monster tamer skill work on the kobolds? There was that one scene where I thought the kobolds were hiding next to him in the bushes...that kind of confused me a sec...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 22, 1:56 PM

Mar 2022
This went from interesting to decent to bad in 4 episodes. It does feel like speedrun with some scenes intentionally left out. Never a good sign.
Apr 22, 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
That went 180 quickly, rape being okay huh; its all ogre now. Everything in moderation amiright (insert hip thrusting here).

Maybe the MC is changing on a fundamental level; seems like he got a blessing from a goblin god or something in his dream too.

Guess i'll see how this unfolds.
Apr 22, 3:36 PM

May 2015
Man that animation was something special
Apr 22, 4:23 PM

Jul 2017
This episode and series in general has just felt like a rushed, poor completion of a checklist with the days approach. Feel like the days approach is more effective in recording loops or a situation where someone is stuck and losing their minds like Yamazaki in one episode in Gintama while in a stakeout. Here, feels like it is just rushing through a million events taking place among Gobrou and others' lives in a godawful speedrun.
Apr 22, 4:38 PM

Oct 2017
The story is supposed to be this way, things will get slow eventually, but this grinding part is really fast. If you want to check the manga you will see that several days pass on just one page.
There's nothing rushed, it's just that you've never seen something told in this style before
Apr 22, 5:33 PM
Jan 2021
Gobkichi has evolved, but he still isn’t on Gobrou’s level. And that red head seems to have picked up a new ability as well, requiring her to eat monsters to live apparently though.

Gobrou’s village is really evolving and they are doing their best to keep to themselves, and they’ve got an army of other monsters plus some Kobolds that will serve them. This might turn into a Reincarnated as a Slime deal where Gobrou has his own country at some point and no one will dare mess with him. For now, his abilities will continue to grow as he eats more creatures and he’ll create new technologies.

Now that I think about it, Gobrou’s absorption is almost identical to Rimuru’s Predator, except that for Gobrou he occasionally has to eat the same creature multiple times to gain their abilities, while Rimuru only needs to devour them once.

I wonder how this human vs elf war will affect things…
Apr 22, 5:55 PM

Jun 2014
Manga is fast paced, but is good and fun and got a red line true it, and is very suited for a great anime, but for some strange and inprehensible reason, the Director have decided to fast pace and rush a all ready fast pace manga, and just show snips and bits of some things that happens making it all a messy show that got no readline true it and completly ruin what could had been a great show. If i had not resent read the manga i would had been lost of what happening, so how does other that do not know the show feel.

It is like the director just want to get true it and done with the show, and there by ruin the show, that i thought would be one of the most enjoyable one's this season as a straight forward fast pace story, that all ready only have what you need of info and no more before moving forward, so very easy to adapt just f follow the manga, and yet they skip stuff and just ruins it all, so sad.

Just want to add face pace does not meen rushed, the manga is not rushed, what the director does is rushed.
Apr 22, 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
Raphaela28 said:
@Hartm12

A shame.

The visual quality is clearly bad, but as far as the plot goes, almost nothing has been skipped. This episode did exclude some scenes involving the elves, but I think they will be rearranged in the next episode for better context. If they aren't, then it's because it's too explicit for tv (not graphically, but as it relates to themes).

That's right. The manga is not at all more visually graphic than the show so far, contrary to what some people have been decrying. It's just that they've left out single pages of dialogues about rape, suicide and other things relating to sexual violence. Otherwise, you could almost say the manga is the screenplay for this show.
@IhnalakoKaina what you talking about nothing been skipped!!! they skipped a ton all ready, jumping and only show bits of this and that only, and leaving out a ton that gives deep to the story that in the mange, and it is very fast pace all ready, but not rushed, this show is rushed to ruin, i think you need to go re-read the manga.
Apr 22, 6:05 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to WienGirl

@Raphaela28 yeah they completly ruin the story, could had been a great and difrent anime then what you see most the time, but nope they rushed it and makes it a big mess that makes no sense.
Apr 22, 6:05 PM
Jun 2013
They speed run anime
Apr 22, 6:16 PM

Aug 2015
Reply to Chanbara
The story is supposed to be this way, things will get slow eventually, but this grinding part is really fast. If you want to check the manga you will see that several days pass on just one page.
There's nothing rushed, it's just that you've never seen something told in this style before
@Chanbara Wrong. The pacing is all over the place compared to the manga. It gives gives an incorrect sense of what's going on and how long they spend on what.

In this episode the most egregious part was the skeleton battle and grandpa humping.
If they'd spent a little less time on him humping and a little more on the skeleton battle it would've made more sense.

In the manga Gobrou sits back on his throne and watches the others fight, then realises there's a summoner. After that he announces that this is now an xp grinding event and that they should kill as many as possible.
The manga then skips to 4 hours later just before dawn where Gobrou decides to finish them because he's getting tired of waiting.

Sure, they can cut that down to less, but the way it ended up is that it looks like it was over in less than a minute for them.

Quite literally in the episode he goes from "Keep smashing skeletons for as long as you can"
To one of the others instantly responding "But then what"
and him answering "Leave that to me" after which he proceeds to immediately wipe them out.
This exchange is 9 seconds long and shows no timegap.

So where did all the experience they got from that battle come from? A few dozen skeletons divided between all their fighters? No, from several hundreds of skeletons over multiple hours.
AtotehZApr 22, 6:27 PM
Apr 22, 6:31 PM
Feb 2020
Wasn't as thrilling as the earlier episodes in my opinion. It's not a deal breaker for me, but the pacing seems to be going pretty fast.
Apr 22, 8:15 PM

May 2015
Can't have an isekai without skeleton monsters! Skeletons only being weak to unarmed opponents must get jarring when every other monster requires a weapon to fight.
Apr 22, 8:18 PM
Apr 2023
Goburou's initial unique skill (which he already had from his past life) is technically what is carrying him right now. In a world where 'the predator eats the prey', his skill really made him OP as he can be and will only continue to do so. It's like Rimuru (from TenSura) and his 'Gluttony' which can assimilate any skill inherent to the consumed and potentially will also give evolutions to existing skills he has.
Apr 22, 8:51 PM

May 2019
The idiot and arrogant elf leader doomed his group after returning but at least Gobrou learned more abilities. Speaking of which, a bunch of the goblins that were from his group evolved including Gobkichi. I'm curious to see how Gobmi looks once she evolves again.
Apr 23, 4:14 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Tharnok
@Raphaela28 yeah they completly ruin the story, could had been a great and difrent anime then what you see most the time, but nope they rushed it and makes it a big mess that makes no sense.
@Tharnok

You can see it with the rapidly collapsing rating on MAL as well.

If it doesn't improve in the next couple of episodes, it will probably drop below a 7.

Was thinking it's weird, because I thought I was usually a huge fan of Studio Deen -- Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, KONOSUBA, Sasaki to Miyano, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Rurouni Kenshin, Higurashi, etc --

but then..

when you look at their massive library of projects, a huge number get very very low ratings compared to a handful of hits. Turns out, Studio Deen has produced more crap than many other studios combined.

Guess we can shove Re:Monster in with the majority of what they've produced ;)

Anyway, I'm not ready to drop it yet as I want to see where it goes, but I am watching it on 1.5 to 2x speed depending on the scene.
Apr 23, 6:03 AM
Apr 2021
Seems to me like Gobrou is gonna have to go the diplomatic route and start running his place like Rimuru yk bc bro has Goblins, Kobolds and Elves all at his home I think bro should start becoming a leader since he already is at this point🤔

I just realized Gobrou still doesn’t know the girls names and still calls that one girl “the red hair girl” yet has slept with all of them talk about a one night stand type behaviour coming from Gobrou😭🤣🤣🤣

I wonder when we’re actually gonna get to see other humans and how the humans be living and shit I’m interested in how they’d think of Gobrou and how powerful he is
Apr 23, 6:21 AM

Jul 2017
The goblin tribe getting beaten their hands down from the elf tribe, nothing goes against Gobrou, who goes on the search for more monsters to fill his skill appetite. Along with the slime which he can do with Auto Replication, the elves don't learn, and this time, Gobrou comes prepared to give a lesson to the elves in terms of raw power, sparing the women by giving them an upgrade. Even Gobiji wants in on the elf action, just let him be lols. Gobkichi going to Lv 100 and having a different skin of ogre, he's blessed with the Demigods of Flame and War for his fire-red and glossy body, enough to spar a duel with Gobrou.

With Gobkichi's success, comes new hobgoblins who're capable of magic being mages, along with Hobsei with a fair few markings that's similar to Gobrou, but with firepower that can easily rival that of Gobrou himself. But for those who feel like they're being left behind, he still sends them their merry way out, since all he needs are the few who can muster their way to get stronger. Plus, being a monster tamer has benefits of brinigng creatures into their tribe for more training, especially with the red-haired girl. This then, brings the war between elves and goblins ever closer, as more training to get experience is done, even with the harem, which was accidentally released by the kobolds breaking into Velvet's treasury.

An interesting crowd for all, Gobrou's learning quick and adapting fast.
Apr 23, 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
I just think it's funny how much people seem to expect from these types of shows to begin with. Viewers who don't know anything about the source material probably aren't missing out on much here. I don't plan on expending any energy on this shows behalf, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm entertained so far, just curious to see how things are going to play out.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 23, 7:57 AM
Jan 2022
If the mc is gonna kill people for the hell of it but save the women for sex at least stick to it and stop framing the dude as if he isnt that bad. MF is keep sex slaves after killing their friends and the show is just acting as if thats normal. You cant have your mc act like ainz ooal gown and then just kinda skip past that. Clearly the mc is not a good person, so why does the show have this feeling of lighthearted iskai? Feels weird.
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
It increasingly seems to me that this anime is a kind of spiritual adaptation of some open-world fantasy for a lawful neutral.
Apr 23, 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to WienGirl
@Tharnok

You can see it with the rapidly collapsing rating on MAL as well.

If it doesn't improve in the next couple of episodes, it will probably drop below a 7.

Was thinking it's weird, because I thought I was usually a huge fan of Studio Deen -- Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, KONOSUBA, Sasaki to Miyano, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Rurouni Kenshin, Higurashi, etc --

but then..

when you look at their massive library of projects, a huge number get very very low ratings compared to a handful of hits. Turns out, Studio Deen has produced more crap than many other studios combined.

Guess we can shove Re:Monster in with the majority of what they've produced ;)

Anyway, I'm not ready to drop it yet as I want to see where it goes, but I am watching it on 1.5 to 2x speed depending on the scene.
@WienGirl yeah the director even what i can see worked on several good anime's or anime's i like, but this one seems he do not give a crap, or he was told get up to this chapter done with this amount of episodes or something similar.

I not dropped it yet, i give it a few more to, but even as one that read the mnagae so i know what is happening it still messy.
TharnokApr 24, 9:32 AM
Apr 23, 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Chanbara
@Chanbara yes manga is fast paced but not rushed and each day that happens is flushed enough so you get information and full understanding of what happenede, here it is all rushed and show bits of a day here and there and skip some days, so not it is not suppose to be like this.
Apr 23, 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to AtotehZ
@Chanbara Wrong. The pacing is all over the place compared to the manga. It gives gives an incorrect sense of what's going on and how long they spend on what.

In this episode the most egregious part was the skeleton battle and grandpa humping.
If they'd spent a little less time on him humping and a little more on the skeleton battle it would've made more sense.

In the manga Gobrou sits back on his throne and watches the others fight, then realises there's a summoner. After that he announces that this is now an xp grinding event and that they should kill as many as possible.
The manga then skips to 4 hours later just before dawn where Gobrou decides to finish them because he's getting tired of waiting.

Sure, they can cut that down to less, but the way it ended up is that it looks like it was over in less than a minute for them.

Quite literally in the episode he goes from "Keep smashing skeletons for as long as you can"
To one of the others instantly responding "But then what"
and him answering "Leave that to me" after which he proceeds to immediately wipe them out.
This exchange is 9 seconds long and shows no timegap.

So where did all the experience they got from that battle come from? A few dozen skeletons divided between all their fighters? No, from several hundreds of skeletons over multiple hours.
@AtotehZ yeah i think they fight like a hole day and at the evening they cannot fight anymore and then he goes in for the kill on the Elite skeleton, wich we did not get the full info on neither in this episode, just like they skip so much info or days, like the hole orc mine fight is skipped, this was suppose to be in a mine that the orc's had they took over after killing all the orc.
Apr 23, 10:03 PM
Sep 2008
For me it began from interesting to a very repetitive episodes.
Apr 24, 12:33 AM

Feb 2016
This was a transition episode. I feel like until now, we are viewing a intro for the real trama.
Apr 24, 6:33 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Groman
This was a transition episode. I feel like until now, we are viewing a intro for the real trama.
@Groman

Hopefully so.

Willing to stick with it if it improves from here. Just not that interested if it's just going to be 12 episodes of Day 876, Day 902, with a 45 second scene between each new day announcement.
Apr 24, 7:11 AM
Apr 2022
Ah, I smell some mid stuff from here :(
Apr 25, 12:08 AM

Feb 2019
so the redhead human turned to a monster-ish type of being, i wonder what will happen to his other female human harem. and what about those elves? will they join his clan/family or will they remain prisoners? hmm...
Apr 25, 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
This episode kinda felt like a speedrun.. blazed through a lot of details really quickly, and I’m kinda struggling to follow along at some points… but the main takeaway is that Gobrou’s village is preparing for war and everyone’s getting stronger.

I think levelling up the human girls is nice because as more and more people begin to inevitably target the village, it’ll be impossible to protect them all. So having red hair girl become a Noir Soldat and start holding her own is nice. After all, you’re only as strong as your weakest link.

The elves showed up talking all that shit just to get bullied and captured by Gobrou lmao. Wonder how they’ll fit into the coming battle.

Need that Gobimi evolution now 🙏🏾
@Marinate1016 I can't decide if I hate it or find it mid to be honest. The dub is nice though.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 25, 12:03 PM

Jul 2008
It's only the 4th episode, how is he not ruling the world yet?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 20

26 by WolfWood37 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 13

31 by waldy713 »»
May 18, 8:45 PM

» My rant about Gobrou

hrodebert99 - May 7

28 by Johnyliltoe »»
May 16, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

72 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 13, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

52 by fofopy »»
May 12, 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.