Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Finally, the stakes are somewhat high... for a minute there.

To obtain a the elixir from the elven tribe, the Imperial Army deployed a combat unit called the Eight Heroes Calvary Corps, consisting of eight individuals blessed by the gods. Realizing the immense power within himself, Ogarou used his abilities to scatter the soldiers, while one member of the Eight Great Knights faced off directly against the skeletal insect hero, Philip Muskes Eagesect. Philip continuously spawned insect-human hybrids from corpses and unleashed them upon Ogarou. Furthermore, Philip attacked Ogarou with a massive mutated centipede possessing attack power on par with a designated disaster-level entity.

Philip goes on to explain that the mutated centipede is Arutirumu, one of his most prized possessions. Philip also explains that whenever it appears, calamities follow, and in addition to that, inhaling its poison will completely numb your organs. It's at that moment that Ogarou passes out, only to get back up right away, forcing Philip to use his trump card: a potion that gives him a transformation. And thus, the fight between the two continues.

Wow, no surprise there... Ogarou pushed through and won the battle... lol.

May 13, 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
One of the dumbest villains in all of anime, and standing there letting him monologue and use his power is one of the dumbest ways to handle him. Pure trash.
May 13, 1:02 PM

Dec 2022
to think there are beings which are as or more powerful than ogreou but he is patient player he will take out people weaker than him and become the strongest wonder can he eat the insects from the insect man to gain his skills probably not
May 13, 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
I know I should've expected this considering how dumb the storytelling is from the start, but it still grinds my gear whenever a character explains their own power to the enemy.

It's as stupid as Tensura's six in a row meeting episodes.
May 13, 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
Well that was unexpected. Someone who could actually contend with Ogrou. And we got some more information about Ogrou as well.

He has the blessing from the God of Demise and Origin and his opponent, Phillippo Berd Lokkarta, or Phillipo the Bone Bug Brave has the blessing from the God of Demonic Insects. He was holding his own against Ogrou, but he escaped, meaning that they will likely clash again. If he’s the seventh strongest in the country, how will Ogrou fair against the rest of the Rugald Orden?

I respect Ogrou’s decision to give the elf medicine and end the war in order to avoid any unnecessary casualties. And they gave the deceased comrades of Parabellum a proper burial and cremation, honoring everything they did in this fight.

What will Parabellum be doing now? We’ll just have to wait and find out.
May 13, 3:05 PM
Oct 2022
I feel amazing that in this anime the story is evolving as the episodes keep coming… Phillipo the Bone Bug Brave was strong, but Ogrou managed to escape death. After all, being a Brave and having a blessing from God of Demonic Insects is not enough. Maybe he will come back.

The main difference between a Hero and a Brave is the number of people that can be empowered by them in a fight.

So far, Re:Monster is marvellous, but I want to find out more details about each character’s life.
May 13, 3:06 PM

Feb 2019
Well colour me shocked, an actual decent episode. Ogrou finally got a challenge, we had some meaningful deaths that will change the course of the story and his mentality and looks like there’s some genuinely powerful people in the world who can be a threat. Animation was also solid. Shame it took us 7 eps to start getting good, but the world is finally opening up.

Looking forward to seeing the other 6 if Philip was only the 7th strongest. There’s also the mention of god blessings.. can see where MT author got some things from since he cited this as an influence. Hopefully next episode builds on this
May 13, 3:50 PM

May 2015
Lol this is so unbelievably bad, but I keep coming back
May 13, 3:55 PM
Sep 2008
If the MC had died it would have been a good episode
May 13, 5:23 PM
May 2023
This anime makes me feel weird even though i can't bring myself to stop watching it
May 13, 7:02 PM

Feb 2019
of course that bug got away. i'm sure he'll have a rematch with the bug at a later time, perhaps with the rest of the bug's all powerful crew.
May 13, 8:38 PM

May 2015
Ogrou's motivation for his battle with Phillippo being to eat him is funny in a dark way. Good battle between a Bug Necromancer and an Ogre Everythingmancer
May 13, 8:40 PM

Jul 2008
Oh look the female knight who resisted him is now an ally after being raped.....ugh.
May 13, 9:31 PM

Jan 2015
Maybe rating this anime 5/10 too good after all
May 13, 9:56 PM

May 2019
I think this may have been the first match that challenged Ogrou, besides the bear he fought when he awakened to his current form, and there are apparently 6 stronger characters compared to the bug boy.

Also, I liked that the storyline with the humans vs. the elves progressed with the recommendation of the female knight to give them the healing potion for the princess although I doubt that action will stop the battles (maybe just momentarily though).
May 13, 11:10 PM
Jan 2019
the bug kid was annoying fight wasnt satisfying
May 14, 12:38 AM
Nov 2023
The animation + the story is bad, the action sequences really hurt my eyes to watch. At first i thought i could hang on to this serie till the end but sadly i don't think i can anymore
May 14, 1:10 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Ngl, this will prob be the only "great" episode of this series.

If Studio Deen was better, this show would be awesome.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 14, 7:40 AM
Apr 2022
Really good episode, nice fight and good animation for this anime, the only downside of the episode was this annoying bug opponent, I hate these types of characters.
May 14, 9:00 AM
Sep 2021
Finally, a really good challenge to Ogarou. The show is getting a little bit interesting.
May 14, 9:41 AM

Oct 2017
Fight's over for now and I wonder what the future king of humans will do now? Waiting to see the princess too.
May 14, 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
I'm split between a 6 or a 7 for this show. It started off good but I can't get invested in the MC at all. Probably because he's a rapist and still somehow portraied as an respectable guy.
May 14, 9:59 AM
Apr 2022
Ryoda- said:
I'm split between a 6 or a 7 for this show. It started off good but I can't get invested in the MC at all. Probably because he's a rapist and still somehow portraied as an respectable guy.

A gentle reminder that most Mc of Issekai are Serial Killers with more than one body to their credit.
May 14, 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Grzana02
Ryoda- said:

A gentle reminder that most Mc of Issekai are Serial Killers with more than one body to their credit.
@Grzana02 I'm not against the idea of having morally gray or even straight evil main characters.
What's annoying is that the author doesn't really protrait him that way. Clearly the author thinks this behavior isn't only fine but respectable.
Or at least that's how it feels to me, especially when he suddenly has a moments like when he spares some random soldiers this episode.
There's no consistency here.
May 14, 2:26 PM
Jul 2010
Our noble lady knight became unfaithful precisely because her legs were split open. No anger or thoughts of revenge is an obedient puppy. Boring.
May 14, 8:49 PM
Apr 2023
Murase Ayumu can really voice annoying characters pretty well.
May 15, 8:11 AM

Feb 2016
Finally the first true rival since the bear.
May 16, 2:24 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Groman
Finally the first true rival since the bear.
@Groman Yes, but as women in RL, I prefer the bear over the rival.
May 16, 10:47 PM

Feb 2016
EvilJuju said:
@Groman Yes, but as women in RL, I prefer the bear over the rival.

Mm it's better a bear than a bug, right?
May 17, 4:38 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! first time Rou didn't win but didn't lose either! if Rou gets stronger over time (i'm looking at you Doomsday) and eats the rank 7....what more if he eats rank 1?!!! this is getting interesting!!!
5/5.
matias067May 17, 5:03 AM

May 18, 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Well, that human vs. demihuman sure ended in a flash. How unsatisfying.

Apart from building the force, Gobrou learning that the humans having their set of heroes called the Rugald Orden, he is always ready for a challenge that befits his ever-growing body. And one of them is 7th Place Phillippo the Bone Bug Grave, who's rather unwilling based on his time off, but like Gobrou, a challenge seen is a challenge worth a try, even if Braves like him are not as strong as Heroes. And this is where Gobrou really faces a near-death situation being threatened by a strong monster, but of course, he always has a way to avoid death. And together with his Epic Awakening, both entities fight it out with their insect-like bodies, though Phillipino escaped rather quick, and the war against humans avoided with the elvish medicine.

All in all, Parallelbium may have lost 30 people, but they can't grieve for long, and have to push further for hope.
May 18, 8:45 PM
Jun 2012
Keep up the good work.

Not the best episode to date from this production. But it was not a poor offering by any means.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would this anime be better with a different studio?

GoatPieceLuffy - Today

15 by speedranime_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 20

28 by xion03 »»
7 hours ago

» human girls

Jigglephysic - Apr 3

27 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

154 by nanajp »»
Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

82 by nanajp »»
Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.