Forum Settings
Forums

Is your waifu profile pic on various social medias the reason anime is still stigmatized?

New
Mar 25, 6:15 PM

Jan 2022
Well? Why do I have to suffer ridicule when you're the one doing this? Can't you have Oberstein or something as your pfp so I seem like I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about anime?
Mar 25, 6:37 PM

May 2015
Yeah, we all should use profile pics with a moe blob sporting a huge moustache like Nietzsche's to show them all how freaking cultured we are.
Mar 25, 6:39 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Ishitateso
Yeah, we all should use profile pics with a moe blob sporting a huge moustache like Nietzsche's to show them all how freaking cultured we are.
@Ishitateso actually a brilliant idea, do this please.
Mar 25, 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
I'll put whatever i want to put as pp.
Mar 25, 6:59 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Ishitateso
@Ishitateso
My latest work of art, how do you like it?
Mar 25, 7:09 PM

May 2015
Reply to LenRea
@Ishitateso
My latest work of art, how do you like it?
@LenRea That is what I am talking about! If philosophers had boobs like that believe me everybody would have the Zarathustra tattoed on their arms.
IshitatesoMar 25, 7:48 PM
Mar 25, 7:20 PM

Apr 2022
Yes, and I am happy to be contributing to the problem
Mar 25, 9:04 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Ishitateso
@LenRea That is what I am talking about! If philosophers had boobs like that believe me everybody would have the Zarathustra tattoed on their arms.
@Ishitateso

Not exactly what you're talking about, but it is canon in a game

Mar 25, 9:30 PM

May 2015
Reply to Acctra
@Ishitateso

Not exactly what you're talking about, but it is canon in a game
@Acctra As the saying goes, sometimes it takes a real man to become the best girl.
Mar 26, 2:46 AM

Sep 2016
Cute girls are the main selling point of Anime, so using them as profile pics is the most accurate representation of the medium.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 26, 2:59 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Anime is being ridiculed by normies because they assume everyone watching anime does it as a coping mechanism for being hopelessly single IRL.
Mar 26, 3:13 AM

Apr 2010
My pfp on various social media used to be either the one I've got right now, or a charcoal iron in the same red and white, so at least I don't have to feel guilty for putting the OP through his misery.
Mar 26, 3:18 AM

Oct 2018
Nope. Moe & Waifu is what make anime popular. Like Zarutaku said, using them as profile pics is the most accurate representation of the medium.
Mar 26, 3:35 AM

Nov 2019
Bait, but as SgtBateMan, it's much obliged to reply. I abandoned hope for social networks as medium for productivity and user privacy long time ago. The closest things I use are Messenger and Whatsapp to chat with my friends.

SgtBateManMar 26, 4:38 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 26, 2:06 PM

Nov 2017
Bcs they think anime watchers masturbate to imaginary characters every day.

They may be a little right though.

Mar 26, 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
@SgtBateMan Reminds of the classic "anime girls in hats" pic.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 26, 4:46 PM
Nov 2023
Anime doesn't need its shitty fanbase to stigmatize itself. It's doing a fine job of that on it's own.
Mar 26, 5:13 PM

Nov 2019
@Tropisch you mustn't mean this, right?

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 26, 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
I'd say the behavior of the fandom is more what causes the stigmatization to be honest, not what people put as their profile picture
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 26, 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
@SgtBateMan Close, but the one I meant is with 4 anime girls wearing hats and it's got a pic of Hitler, your pic reminded me of the time people photoshopped anime characters with him like crazy.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 27, 12:50 AM

Mar 2023
MAL is the only social media site i use. Social media is cancer.
Mar 28, 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
YouTube is the only social media where I have a waifu PFP, and is Liko from Pokemon, I presume most people won't even recognize her.
Tho, her anime is now on Netflix, so maybe they will?
Mar 28, 12:31 PM

Nov 2021
Is anime still stigmatized? Maybe if you're in middle/high school. I've never seen it stigmatized in adulthood, except maybe by boomers but the day of the pillow is coming so don't worry about them.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 28, 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
nah it's cool af

especially if you aren't basement dweller
Mar 28, 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
I wish it was still stigmatized. Let me live in the past.
Mar 28, 12:55 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Subarctic-Forest
Is anime still stigmatized? Maybe if you're in middle/high school. I've never seen it stigmatized in adulthood, except maybe by boomers but the day of the pillow is coming so don't worry about them.
@Subarctic-Forest A waifu pillow??
Mar 28, 12:56 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Scud
I wish it was still stigmatized. Let me live in the past.
@Scud It's still stigmatized plenty don't worry
Mar 28, 1:11 PM
Jul 2017
Nah lol. Yuuma Kuga is the goat!!!!

Nah seriously, idk no one has commented on my profile picture.
Mar 28, 2:09 PM

Oct 2022
This is the only site I use an anime profile picture since it's anime related. I do follow plenty of people with anime profile pictures though.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 28, 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rinenka
Bcs they think anime watchers masturbate to imaginary characters every day.

They may be a little right though.

@Rinenka Judging by threads about loli and/or anime censorship, many anime fans themselves see many around them as potential sex predators.

@Subarctic-Forest A few weeks ago I wrote a critical review of a Western animated series and within an hour I received several comments trying to stigmatize me as an anime fan.
Mar 28, 2:50 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@Rinenka Judging by threads about loli and/or anime censorship, many anime fans themselves see many around them as potential sex predators.

@Subarctic-Forest A few weeks ago I wrote a critical review of a Western animated series and within an hour I received several comments trying to stigmatize me as an anime fan.
@RobertBobert

There are potential sex predators who watch anime but I dont thnk many anime fans around us are potential sex predators. Most people watch anime because It is just an entertainment method like other media.
Mar 28, 2:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rinenka
@RobertBobert

There are potential sex predators who watch anime but I dont thnk many anime fans around us are potential sex predators. Most people watch anime because It is just an entertainment method like other media.
@Rinenka If you believe the news, then you have a much higher chance of meeting a creepy, mustachioed guy over 50 years old on some Tiktok or popular game service than among anime fans.
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Apr 2020
everything people say about anime fans is true on this platform specifically. all of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 4:55 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert Have you tried being more based? Should've suggested the guy some hentai.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 28, 4:58 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Subarctic-Forest
@RobertBobert Have you tried being more based? Should've suggested the guy some hentai.
@Subarctic-Forest I simply ironically drew attention to the absurdity of the situation and they simply stopped writing to me.

More topics from this board

» Why Classic dubbed anime always being praised than Modern dubs ? I think the current english dub especially on current Simuldubbed anime since 2016 were not have a big impact to their fans than the early 00's to early 2010 no matter how good the dub va i

funtime43_tr - 46 seconds ago

0 by funtime43_tr »»
46 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

117 by APolygons2 »»
1 minute ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 6 hours ago

29 by Nemo_Niemand »»
3 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

20 by iSpade »»
4 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

30 by EastIndiaCompany »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.