Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you like being at home?
Mar 24, 9:25 PM

May 2013
Okay fellow MALergens time for the question of the century(day). Do you like being at home? I know weebs tend to be pretty introverted so I assume lots of you like being at home.

I don't though so I am wondering if I am just unusual.

So, answer the question. This isn't a request, answer the damn question.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 24, 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
I like being at home as it affords me reliable access to a bathroom and a place to rest in case I become sleepy. My preferred living arrangement is someplace close to a public park, beach, or a pleasant to walk on street where I can stretch my legs when I need to.

I grew up in suburbs adjacent, and unfortunately never had sidewalks growing up.

Theoretically my perfect budget living arrangement without accounting for my future family is basically a walk-in closet of a studio. I don’t need a ton of space to live or to enjoy being at home as long as I have access to space outside my apartment.
Mar 24, 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
My inner waifu loves nothing more than being at home lol
With comfy furniture, cats and all my stuff (mainly clothes and books).
Our kitchen could be a bit bigger, I love to cook.
Also a room for myself is important to me too.
Mar 24, 10:57 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely yes. It's my favorite place. :3

SerafosMar 25, 5:01 AM
Mar 25, 1:33 AM

Mar 2008
Yes but just since I need time to away from people and where i can lay down and dont do well in the sun.
Mar 25, 1:40 AM

Mar 2023
Nothing more importan in life than home.

But i like to travelling to different places too.
Mar 25, 1:45 AM

Mar 2021
Yes. Home is the best place in the world.
Mar 25, 2:07 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah I guess, it's always the place I've spent the most time in over the years anyway, although the homes have changed since then.
Since my parents passed though (I always lived with at least one of them) i definitely don't have anywhere near as much human contact/interactions, and when i do get visits from my remaining family, I feel very awkward and I'm noticing i stammer on some of my words and it's starting to bother me and don't know what to do about it.

My home is just a pretty regular terraced house. It's fine for just me and my cat, but other houses in my street have an extra room built from converting the attic, and I kinda wished I had something like that, as my home doesn't have much in the way of storage and my attic sucks anyway. But don't know if I really want to move house again just to have something only slightly better than what I got here, been here about 2 years anyway, but perhaps i should have waited a little longer and bought something else.

I do quite like the town where I live. It has things l like here (wrestling 2x a year, Comic Cons 3x a year), transport is pretty good, and I live perhaps only a 2-3 minute walk away from the centre of town, which is good for me as i don't drive.
The only thing is it can be pretty rough around here, with seemingly little opportunities. It has quite a drug problem. Both houses I lived in here I lived next to a drug dealer, and the first home I rented was used as a grow house and not fixed right. My nephew's neighbour used his house as a grow house also and it caught fire, thankfully my nephew was fine though. Also people can be drunk no matter the time of day, I've seen people lying passed out in the street or propped up on a wall, seen fights also. Definitely my mother would not have approved of where I live, but it is at least nearby to my nephew (my niece also lived here for a bit) and my eldest sis has just bought a house nearby and is planning on living here also, and my mother always wanted us all living close together.
There's always lots of Police around, and it's both reassuring and worrying.

I do like spending time outdoors also of course, as most of my hobbies are outdoor activities. I have to travel to most of them, and whilst I sometimes get scared visiting new places, I do enjoy a little having my own freedom, as my parents (and mother especially) were very protective of me and didn't allow me to do much, especially towards the end of my mother's life.
I do still miss my parents and security of my family, as we all understood what we all went through, and I just can't see me ever getting that sort of feeling and reassurance from anybody else I could ever meet in my life.
Mar 25, 2:48 AM

Jun 2020
I love being home and staying at home. I never like the idea of going out, but I always accept invitations from the homies to go out because I can enjoy myself once I abandon the idea of staying home.
Mar 25, 3:12 AM

Sep 2016
Home is everyplace where one feels like at home.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 25, 3:13 AM

Feb 2018
Very much. But I am hardly at home. Running around at work.

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Mar 25, 5:00 AM

Jan 2023
Yes, it’s my place of solitude and where I can retreat from the hell that is society.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Mar 25, 5:20 AM

Nov 2022
I do like being home but I have to admit I need to get out sometimes to appreciate it.
♡☆♡☆♡

Mar 25, 5:33 AM

Jan 2023
I'm the only one who voted "no."
The reality is that there are specific days where I like to stay at home doing nothing.
But in general terms no, I prefer not to be at home. I prefer to go out and do something, go to a soccer stadium, a concert, having a drink at a bar or a friend's house, at a movie theater, or being at my girlfriend's house.
Mar 25, 7:32 AM
Dec 2022
Obviously, Dorothy really said "there is no place like home" in the Wizard of Oz.
Mar 25, 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
yes i like being at home as i feel fear and tired of socializing outside
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Jan 2017
Half and half, I think I like to get a mix of both.
Mar 25, 4:23 PM

Dec 2022
Yes. I'm uncomfortable interacting with others in the real world, and there are few places outside the house where you can find true isolation.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 25, 10:36 PM
May 2012
Except maybe from going to cinema anime lovers are not exactly outgoing people but quite introvert and without social skills.
Where I live if you want to do anything you have to prepare to spend money, if you want to get out of the concrete jungle for a little walk you have to spend half an hour in the traffic jam. A big city is not exactly a nice neighbourhood.
If you don't like staying at home it's because either you don't feel good about yourself or you don't feel good about the people you live with. Most of the time you leave your house to get into another house or building.
With today's technology there is no real isolation if you use the internet so it's not like you're technically alone, there are infinite activities that can be done from home by interacting with the world even just virtually. If you're digitally native you feel even more comfortable about it.
Without TV, smartphone/tablet, PC, radio it's a completely different story, without loving some serious time killing hobby like reading books the amount of people who would prefer to go out would grow exponentially.
Mar 26, 4:37 AM

Aug 2021
Yes but only if I'm alone cuz then I can be as loud and weird as I want
Mar 26, 5:07 AM

May 2014
Home is my safe haven. I feel most relaxed and happy when I'm at home.
Mar 26, 5:07 AM

Mar 2024
yes, i like being at home because outside its cold, dirty and there are a lot of people. but i like to go for walk when the weather is good.
Mar 26, 12:34 PM

Nov 2017
I hate not being in the home but I need slaving to stay alive
Mar 26, 4:27 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Ezly any house not only urs but other house is best place ever so far due to u can lay ur body on sofa, bed, etc in it include ur close friend house which no way u would do it in public area instead lollllll

Mar 27, 4:07 AM

Aug 2021
yeah smetimes ig when I dont feel like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 7:06 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah depending. 2020 was a great year since I came back to animu after some years, and since the whole world turned into neet I was free to have my full return.

Mar 28, 2:36 PM

Jun 2023
I like being home but going out is fun too. I'd probably prefer being home if I had to choose one though.
Mar 29, 9:42 AM

May 2022
Yeah, I both like being at home and outside, I'll stay inside when I'm playing videogames or watching anime and go outside to hang out with friends and stuff.
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
Who doesn't wanna be at home? Unless they need to leave home for work, shopping, etc. It is best to stay at home at all times.
Mar 29, 11:09 AM

Aug 2019
I like living in a shell sir
like a crab

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
39 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
3 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

16 by traed »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.