Forum Settings
Forums

Wishing this anime is better off nonexistent?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 4:23 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, you don't like Sword Art Online?
Hot takes only, in here, I see.

I much prefer diversity - even if I don't like everything - over less stuff beein made/existing.
So: Nothing....despite money making, milking Remakes.

The fact that you watched 15 things and already developed hatred for Shows that are out there is mind-boggling to me, tbh^^
Merve2LoveMar 25, 4:28 PM
Mar 25, 4:36 PM

Aug 2018
I would say the second season of Yakusoku no Neverland, except as far as I'm concerned, there was no second season.

Similarly, there was no Berserk remake in 2016 with shitty CGI, and there also was never an anime adaptation of Umineko.
Mar 25, 5:11 PM
Mar 2018
• Jujutsu Kaisen: This anime is technically inexistent already, as it brings nothing new to the anime industry. Poorly developed stereotypical characters belonging to a Shounen full of stereotypes.
• Demon Slayer: Although I like the characters, the story isn't good. Just a bunch of wasted potential that is distracting Ufotable, who, of course, are milking it considering how successful it is.
• Pupa: What was that?
• Redo of the healer: The story is actually good, but the adaptation only focused on the ecchi parts. Could've been as good as other animes based on ero material like Type Moon or Key's.
• Madoka: The concept is good and is highly enjoyable as an audiovisual material. However, the story is too simple and unoriginal. It has too many episodes and not much happens until the end. It could've done better as a single two-hour movie.
• Love and Producer: what an awful adaptation. The first episodes are acceptable, but starting from the sixth one, it has nothing to do with the game's story and atmosphere and it only spoils those who haven't played the game. Also, the animation quality is beyond awful. It sometimes looks like a low-budget anime from ten years ago. The most intense action scenes were removed or modified, I believe it was to avoid animating then.
• Dragon Ball Super: The beginning was fine because it recovered the humorous side from the first Dragon Ball. However, as the story went on, it just couldn't keep up with the expectations. We were expecting it to be as intense as DBZ, but the lack of originality turned it into something you watch while scrolling on your phone or doing housework.
Mar 25, 5:17 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to MichaelJackson
@Spunkert LoGH? Thats the second best anime after Wataten. Im sure you meant ergo proxy, that thing needs to go.
@MichaelJackson Ergo Proxy is a masterpiece. I've watched it more than ten times and, every time I find something new about it, like alternative points of view or character traits that I hadn't noticed. It has plenty of material for analysis and reflection.
Mar 25, 5:35 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Spunkert
@MichaelJackson Ergo Proxy? Oh you mean AOT. Totally agree with you there mate.
@Spunkert AoT is one of my biggest disappointments. Rarely do I feel interested in a shounen. I saw that it had potential, so I started reading the manga a bit before the first anime season finished airing. As any other story, it had its ups and downs, but, after the basement revelations, the quality dropped drastically. The secondary characters got a better development and more relevance than the main ones. And, the final arc was catastrophic. Full of shounen clichés, an odd pacing and highly incongruent. Not to mention that the animation quality from Mappa was awful.
It is a great shounen that came to change the anime industry, but it's still nothing more than a shounen.
Mar 25, 5:54 PM

Jun 2019
If I had to answer I would pick some sequels to beloved franchises like Dragon Ball Super, however at the same time those sequels really strengthen my appreciation for the original version more to where I'm fine with them existing.
Mar 25, 8:35 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Animefan54556

Doesn't the guy also rape that princess though? Just cuz he was sexually assualted doesn't mean its ok for him to repeat the cycle of abuse
@LSSJ_Gaming

I find it funny the princess (female) is the only example you bring up
Not any other character like male for example

@LittleOwlbear

Banana fish the series that’s uses male sexism/objectification as a selling point
Mar 25, 8:43 PM
Mar 2024
The anime world would be better off if Hetalia was never birthed into existence. There's more I'd put, but that's my go-to example of a series that should have never been made at all.
Mar 26, 1:15 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@LenRea

Redo of healer is just really icky to me. The way it handles sexual assault was just too much for me and made me physically ill as the show, unlike other shows I have seen that handle the topic, portrayed it as a good thing instead of a bad thing. I have had 2 of my partners who have dealt with sexual assault, so it just felt really personal.
@LSSJ_Gaming
Did you even watch it? The main character is a victim of physical and sexual abuse for years on end and went on a revenge path. Even though he goes around raping or having characters raped it was selective against people that did the same and he did outright say how bad he thinks rape is, plus he also was upset about someone else he cared about being raped which further demonstrated what he sees it as. Basically it is just a portrayal of someone that has been mentally scarred and lashing out and it doesnt in any way have to be a statement about rape and if it did it would be it can have unforeseen consequences against the perpetrator. This should be blatantly obvious, otherwise the character wouldn't be portrayed as acting insane with power. While the notion of rape the rapist is stupid when people take it as a moral but when it is just in media it serves the purpose of visual representation of the golden rule, that if you wouldn't want something done to yourself you shouldn't be doing it to others. This isn't even anything new the same kind of plots have been done elsewhere and outside of anime.
traedMar 26, 1:18 AM
Mar 26, 1:31 AM

Oct 2021
The only one I'd pick is Violet Evergarden The Movie.
Mar 26, 4:02 AM

Feb 2023
Sometimes, in my darkest hours, I wish the first season of Sword Art Online didn't exist so that the series had a less controversial entry point and everyone could focus on how cool and sci-fi season II and Alicization are. 🤣
(edit: I really like the original SAO myself, it's just a bit sad how all the great ideas from the other seasons are hidden behind the very polarizing first season)

But it would actually be pretty sad if the first season of SAO was never released, especially for the fans who like it more than the sequels. It's part of history.

Salty_Cookie said:
The only one I'd pick is Violet Evergarden The Movie.
I like to pretend that the movie doesn't exist as well. It undermines what the series was all about. To me, it's not even an alternative version, it's just fanfiction. 😁

BLU3B1RD said:
• Pupa: What was that?
• [...]
Pupa is art and nobody is going to convince me otherwise. It's like a beautiful deformed sculpture that defies all logic.
VaturnaMar 26, 4:35 AM
Mar 26, 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
I feel like the term "Shouldn't exist" is a bit of a stretch..
Usually used by antis to discriminate any anime with questionable fetishes (Mushoku Tensei being one of them)

I know the original OP intent WASN'T necessarily that, but seeing that statement being thrown around still grinds my gears.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 26, 5:59 AM

Jul 2021
Every anime. My favourites, your favourites.

Mar 26, 12:29 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Animefan54556
@LSSJ_Gaming

I find it funny the princess (female) is the only example you bring up
Not any other character like male for example

@LittleOwlbear

Banana fish the series that’s uses male sexism/objectification as a selling point
@Animefan54556

the problem is literally that the male protagonist continues the cycle of abuse. Just because someone assaulted him doesn't mean its ok for him to do it to someone else to "get back at them", and sadly this is a very real thing that happens in the world. It would be one thing if the show used this to say something about the topic, but it basically tries to paint the action as a good thing when it really isnt. I've read plenty of books and seen plenty of shows that have covered the topic in a much more respectable manner. Hell, Jojo is one of my favorite anime and manga series and sexual assault is a reoccurring topic that is covered in the series. You can have heinous actions in your story, but the way the narrative frames the actions is really important as you may intentionally or not glorify actions that genuinely harm people in the real world and could potentially normalize these ideas which is not good.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 26, 6:09 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Animefan54556

the problem is literally that the male protagonist continues the cycle of abuse. Just because someone assaulted him doesn't mean its ok for him to do it to someone else to "get back at them", and sadly this is a very real thing that happens in the world. It would be one thing if the show used this to say something about the topic, but it basically tries to paint the action as a good thing when it really isnt. I've read plenty of books and seen plenty of shows that have covered the topic in a much more respectable manner. Hell, Jojo is one of my favorite anime and manga series and sexual assault is a reoccurring topic that is covered in the series. You can have heinous actions in your story, but the way the narrative frames the actions is really important as you may intentionally or not glorify actions that genuinely harm people in the real world and could potentially normalize these ideas which is not good.
@LSSJ_Gaming

“basically tries to paint the action as a good thing when it really isnt”

You’ve clearly haven’t watched or read it
or at worst you being dishonest
If you think the series paints Keyaru actions as good

Mar 26, 6:12 PM

Jan 2021
@Rinenka XDDDD that's... a good example

Mar 26, 6:25 PM

Oct 2013
Those last three feel like a personal attack against me... As for my answer, none, because I'm not so selfish as to take someone else's potential enjoyment away. Not to mention I want shows I think are shit to exist, because I might get joy from how ass I think they are. They might frustrate, or worse, bore me instead, but it'd be equally boring if there were only things I liked. In short, only bitches think like this.
FanofActionMar 26, 6:36 PM
Mar 26, 6:29 PM

Aug 2016
Since Mushoku Tensei is largely considered the father of modern isekai, then I wish Mushoku Tensei was never created.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Mar 26, 6:35 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Animefan54556
@LSSJ_Gaming

“basically tries to paint the action as a good thing when it really isnt”

You’ve clearly haven’t watched or read it
or at worst you being dishonest
If you think the series paints Keyaru actions as good

@Animefan54556

Im not arguing with an incel about why maybe glorification of sexual assault is a bad thing. Maybe if you talked with more actual surviivors of trauma like this you;d know why its bad
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 26, 6:50 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Animefan54556

Im not arguing with an incel about why maybe glorification of sexual assault is a bad thing. Maybe if you talked with more actual surviivors of trauma like this you;d know why its bad
You know you have no argument when you have to attack the person (calling them incels)
Instead of their arguments
Mar 26, 7:03 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Animefan54556
You know you have no argument when you have to attack the person (calling them incels)
Instead of their arguments
@Animefan54556

Oh I have an argument, i just know when to back down when people will just use any excuse to put me down and not listen to my logic
Mar 29, 2:29 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Animefan54556

Oh I have an argument, i just know when to back down when people will just use any excuse to put me down and not listen to my logic
@LSSJ_Gaming

“Logic”

Cherry picked arguments
Mar 29, 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
LSSJ_Gaming said:

@Animefan54556

Not everything has to be explicitly stated and shown like the audience is complete morons and not everything has to be a moral lesson, that is just boring having such limitations. Not every character has to be somehow be perfect, that is also boring as well as unrealistic. Fiction imitates reality not the other way around. Your view is no more valid than crusty old politicians saying videogames cause violent crime and anime makes the youth gay. The only time media actually has an influence is if misrepresentation is so widespread and it is the only way someone knows about something at all and this generally is more just with live actions because it tricks the brain and it has fallen out of the level of influence it had ever since the internet. If someone is watching an anime like Redo of Healer chances are they have an internet connection and probably have spoken to other people on topics like that. Not even the most far on the spectrum autistic person is not likely going to think anime is an accurate depiction of everything because they know it is a drawing and at no point think it is real beyond escapism.

LSSJ_Gaming said:
@Animefan54556

Ive been friends with more than two you have mentioned. If i were to also include one off conversations it is like 50 + but it is just a wild guess since hard to remember everyone individually. The few that anime or hentai actually came in discussion didnt express any signs of having views like you and ones that mentioned anything about it explicitly have views opposed to yours. Even ones that didnt talk about anime some had mentioned having fetishes and kinks you might not be expecting so they might not be opposed either. Not that I am saying this would be true for everyone.
traedMar 29, 4:07 AM
Mar 29, 4:18 AM

Feb 2021
Black Clover. yes. just like... wtf?
Mar 29, 5:00 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
none.

Even Anime I didn't like or despise are good there to exist for fictional creative freedom.
Mar 29, 5:20 AM

Feb 2017
Magical blitz tactics I could have lived with never knowing about its existence nothing would be lost it just disappeared. Same with serial experiments and texhnolyxe nothing would be lost either
Mar 29, 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
All anime exist for a good reason. That is a fact.
Mar 29, 7:45 AM

May 2016
Tokyo Ghoul anime. I need Thanos to snap that abomination out of existence.
Mar 29, 7:50 AM

May 2016
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@LenRea

Redo of healer is just really icky to me. The way it handles sexual assault was just too much for me and made me physically ill as the show, unlike other shows I have seen that handle the topic, portrayed it as a good thing instead of a bad thing. I have had 2 of my partners who have dealt with sexual assault, so it just felt really personal.
@LSSJ_Gaming The heck were you doing watching a degenerate borderline hentai anime with the entire premise being about revenge rape in the first place? I swear people will intentionally watch something they know they will not like just to hate it. I knew full well I was not going to like that show and you wanna know what I did? I didn't watch it.
Mar 29, 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
Id have to be especially mentally ill to actually wish this tbh.

And wow, first page has all I need to gtfo of this topic. Yuck.
Mar 29, 9:45 AM

Nov 2019
From the lowest rated anime I have seen In the entire world. I will give everyone a list to avoid these animes if you are not a competionist to spare your time. 1 momento well I get them ladies and gentleman

Boku No Pico
Byston Well Monogatari: Garzey no Tsubasa
Chou Henshin Cosprayers
Idol Fight Suchie-Pai 2
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Marudase Kintarou

Thats Just a few check out my proflle to see what I say about the actual worst animes in the world.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 29, 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Reshiram_IX
@LSSJ_Gaming The heck were you doing watching a degenerate borderline hentai anime with the entire premise being about revenge rape in the first place? I swear people will intentionally watch something they know they will not like just to hate it. I knew full well I was not going to like that show and you wanna know what I did? I didn't watch it.
@Reshiram_IX

I dropped it rather quickly when I found out that it was just glorifying rape
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

56 by TeBaTe »»
17 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

109 by APolygons2 »»
33 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - Yesterday

35 by Kenzolo-folk »»
50 seconds ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 4 hours ago

18 by lazernerd »»
5 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

17 by LightWorker »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.