Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of storytelling about Akira Kuno this time including the time with her mom, ambitions, and manga drawing skills.

Tbh, I think Akira might be the one of the most interesting character in the show with his past. The way that he wants to grant her mother's wish is inspirational. But also, this show goes to show that everything has a consequence. There's no such thing as free lunch in their world.
Mar 15, 9:51 AM

Dec 2021
So, Anno Un's backstory, huh...

He was just an ordinary boy, blending in anywhere he went. Yet, he had an unusual habit of drifting off to sleep while listening to manga readings. Somewhere along the line, his mother started listening to his imaginative stories instead. One day, he encountered an ancient artifact called the G-Liner and touched it. In that moment, he was chosen as the denier. This event would drastically alter his fate in the days to come.

More than anything, I really hope they skip this whole recap that takes up like half the runtime for the finale next week. Anyways, Anno Un's backstory was sad as hell. Despite his efforts, nobody seems to notice him, not even when he's right there. His mother had a tough life, adding to the tragedy. Anno Un seems to be confirmed as Unknown now, with the saddest story yet.

The artifacts keep getting stronger. I wonder where they come from. Anno Un spent his whole life alone, only able to talk to two strangers through a manga he writes weekly. Also, I think Andy's teacher might be part of Under, but I need to check again. It would feel like a waste if Unseen died now, especially since Under can bring people back. Poor Rip just wants to fix his mistake and survive another loop. Still, though I hate him, kinda.

It's a fight for Autumn in the finale!
IzanaSolosMar 15, 9:54 AM

Mar 15, 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
final episode next week 😭😭😭😭
Mar 15, 11:09 AM

Feb 2019
Only one more ep of peak left ugh 😩 Shame it’s not having a boost on manga sales, the anime is really fun.

They got the pacing perfect for once. Little recap at the start, but plenty of time to get across Anno Un’s story. And what a story it was. His backstory is so damn sad. Gives heavy “you’re not the only one burdened with knowledge” vibes. Finding a pen that tells you all the events of the timeline has to be overwhelming as a little kid. Then turning invisible to everyone you know and love, and having to abandon your whole name/identity is a fate worse than death. The scene of his mom who had got old and sick in the hospital reading his manga and saying how beautiful it was.. pain

Writing a manga with Andy and Fuuko stories is such a cool way to communicate across time and space. He’s basically been with them the whole time when you think about it. When you see everything she’s been thru and done for the success of the Union, can’t help but think Anno un has to be the best character in the story! Victory in this timeline wouldn’t be possible without his contributions.
Marinate1016Mar 15, 11:48 AM
Mar 15, 11:13 AM

Feb 2021
This isn't really getting popular in Japan despite the superb quality for some reason, seriously such a shame.

So everything up to now was like a parallel universe/what-if scenario, but it will still remain in Andy's memories. Cool!
九能 (Kunou) - "nine abilities", this name may have some hidden meaning, idk. And 明 (Akira) is "bright; light".
The pen is like Eren kissing Historia's hand lol
Another child's life ruined by a negator ability, goddamit. This is rough.
There's Gina! We haven't seen her for so long T_T

There is a long scene after credits!

Really good episode. Seeing Anno Un/Akira's backstory was really fun. I guess his power is "Unknown", right? But I have to wonder why everyone can see him now, but couldn't before.
Last episode next.
Mar 15, 12:28 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t get how anno’s negator ability makes him unable to be seen or felt yet every character in the present can see him no problem? Does his ability not work for other negators? And how come everyone can read his serialized manga including his mom but when he was a kid he couldn’t show his mom the manga he was making? These seem like pretty blatant plot holes to me
Mar 15, 1:02 PM
Aug 2020
Sad story again

Poor Child but instead of dying, the reaction after accepting the reality was incredible…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 15, 1:16 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Drageoks
I don’t get how anno’s negator ability makes him unable to be seen or felt yet every character in the present can see him no problem? Does his ability not work for other negators? And how come everyone can read his serialized manga including his mom but when he was a kid he couldn’t show his mom the manga he was making? These seem like pretty blatant plot holes to me
@Drageoks Here's a little reminder: in 'Undead Unluck,' plot holes always have an answer .
Mar 15, 2:50 PM
Oct 2021
aint no way, akira yuno is a trap?
Mar 15, 3:47 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to ASAPSHARAD
aint no way, akira yuno is a trap?
@ASAPSHARAD no? He was always a guy.
Mar 15, 3:49 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to Drageoks
@Drageoks clearly you didn't pay attention, he's using a pen name that has nothing to do with his real name, that's why everyone can read it.
Mar 15, 3:55 PM
Jan 2021
Spoof_490 said:
@Drageoks clearly you didn't pay attention, he's using a pen name that has nothing to do with his real name, that's why everyone can read it.

He wrote his name on all the pictures of the characters he drew? Not sure that I buy it
Mar 15, 4:00 PM
May 2022
Despite the pacing problems this has been a well made adaptation. I’m hoping it will get a sequel because the manga just continues to get better from here but it was a good arc to end on. Next episode is the decisive battle and last of the season. Looking forward to the end.
Mar 15, 4:11 PM

Jul 2023
The animation in this episode looked nice, I hope they go all out for the last one (the brief hints in the preview look promising).
Mar 15, 4:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh boy the backstory of our narrator aka our sensei Anno Un. Red flag already flying high after the lost of his left arm, so we need to know his story as well. He's also a negator, codename Unknown which is very cool and makes sense by how he can comes undetected and can even teleported away cause he's unknown. Perhaps the fact that he can talks to them was the work of another Artifact or G-liner effects or whatever, kinda be astonishing to see. But that's it the story of our sole narrator here. Either if he's manage to be alive it all for another case later....

Now on to the newly fresh page unknown by Anno Un sensei even, Rip holds such a mystery. What Latla? Who's Latla? Why there's two Latla? Un sensei refuse to elaborate furthermore. Well, Rip kinda give such an interesting deal with his cooperation. However, with the sudden arrival of Autumn, there's nothing that can stop final episode to fill with banger wicked-sick actions pack. Let's see the last!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 15, 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
Spoof_490 said:

I mean, he is currently at 16th episode but commenting on 23rd episode's discussion. Clearly a plothhole.
Mar 15, 5:24 PM
Sep 2021
A question, how is it that now people can see Akira? By changing their appearance (hairstyle, clothes...), can others see them? I understand about how putting a nickname allows people to read it, but with him, how do you change your own identity?
An important point is that the girl who picked up the manga could hear Akira through the phone, meaning not only the deniers can perceive Akira, or maybe that girl is a denier XD.
Faxar07Mar 15, 5:46 PM
Mar 15, 6:27 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Next week is the final episode and it really sucks 🫠 I’ve been enjoying this series a lot. I’m sure it will get a second season. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later!
Mar 15, 7:13 PM
Oct 2015
Reply to Faxar07
A question, how is it that now people can see Akira? By changing their appearance (hairstyle, clothes...), can others see them? I understand about how putting a nickname allows people to read it, but with him, how do you change your own identity?
An important point is that the girl who picked up the manga could hear Akira through the phone, meaning not only the deniers can perceive Akira, or maybe that girl is a denier XD.
@Faxar07 Probably the artifact he is shown collecting in his flashback.
Mar 15, 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
Finally Akira Kuno past!!
God damn what a tragic backstory.
So it's Unknown, but I'm wondering why everyone(Negators) can see him now but not before.
What's the condition??

Next week is the Season Finale.
Looks like it's going to be the climax battle against UMA Autumn.
Mar 15, 8:03 PM

Jan 2009
damn all negators have a sad story even the narrator of the show anno un
Mar 15, 10:23 PM

Mar 2007
Oh no not Unknown with both arms, argh!

The bunny got unlucky.

And then Under aren't thinking logically, the plans they put in place aren't going to work. They really should just team up to win especially since they're told the ark can only carry Juiz.
Mar 15, 11:48 PM

Jul 2017
With Fuko and Andy's story rewritten, it's time for Anno Un a.k.a Akira Kuno's backstory.

A boy who loves creating stories like manga, he picks up the Artifact G-Liner, which is said to transpire time, along with the knowledge of the UMAs and all, which he inevitably becomes a Negator along with it. The price of having that pen, is that he becomes invisible to Earth, even though he could still see her in the flesh. And the story that he wated to create: Andy and Fuko, Undead + Unluck, in the form of "To You, From Me" a normal romance Shoujo manga with his Anno Un pen name from his Unknown ability, allowing him to connect with his mother.

Even as the manga got serialized, Akira just couldn't believe that her story is all but a coincidence, until her memories spiraled up to find Andy from August 1st, 2020. Like himself, Andy and the others who have Negator abilities, they are truly suffering, and Akira can only correct the trajectory in her own manga about the future, especially when it comes to the UMAs, and especially the D-Day on December 5th, where Unseen would be Fuko's demise, that she readily had the future predicted to save her life.

From here on, the story is unwritten, as Rip literally rips through Akira and also wants the Ark for themselves as UMA Autumn descends on Andy, Fuko, Rip, Bunny and Artla.

A 2-by-2-way race to see who gets Autumn eliminated first, and it's a race against time.
Mar 16, 12:33 AM
Sep 2021
Kuno Akira's backstory was shown & how he helped to change the future he knows so that andy, fuuko & other union members can kill god. Now it's time for showdown against autumn.
Mar 16, 12:43 AM

Feb 2020
Another anime arriving in its penultimate episode

Finding a pen that tells all the events in the timeline must be a difficult task for a child
Mar 16, 2:30 AM

Sep 2013
What a gigachad Anno Un was, the story would never have reached a possible good ending without him, really hope he survives somehow which is unlikely :(

next ep is finale, please David Production don't give up on this anime, its an incredible nekketsu with lots of potential :(
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 16, 2:36 AM

Jul 2016
Man, the scenes with the mom in Anno's backstory were painful. I'm just glad she got to reunite with a part of him one last time through that manga. It was pretty cool to see Gina again after forever too.

Also, it's funny to see a manga artist demand a "Dead Line" to come as soon as humanly possible.
Mar 16, 4:08 AM
Apr 2021
Noooooo we only got one more episode left I’ll miss this series fr until season 2 comes out😭😫

Anno Un’s backstory was the highlight of this episode and I just gotta say I forgot how sad his backstory was I feel so bad for him and his mom she didn’t do anything to deserve to have her son being “missing” the God in this world really views ppl as playthings🙁

It’s so sad that all the negators have such tragic backstory’s bc of when their negating ability manifested in them it’s always a given that a loved one is gonna get hurt☹️

Gina is SOOO cute jumping around with the manga in her hands I miss her so much she was so fine😫

So the final fight will end with the UMA Autumn fight and I hope they go crazy on the final episode🔥🔥🔥
Treyv0nMar 16, 5:36 AM
Mar 16, 5:41 AM
Feb 2022
What a great episode. With the past of Anno un, and her preventing fuko's assassination. So many things happening, and only an episode left. God dammit.

Spanish translation:
Que gran episodio. Con el pasado de Anno un, y ella previniendo el asesinato de Fuko. Están pasando tantas cosas, y solo queda un episodio. Maldición.
Mar 16, 6:51 AM

May 2015
Anno Un was once just a child who learned about undead unluck and got his life ruined as a twisted cosmic joke! But it is that same cruel fate that allows him to save Fuuko. I hope this uncharted territory leads to the good timeline!
Mar 16, 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
It was really sad to see how She didn't get noticed by everyone when first time getting negators.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 16, 10:10 AM
Jan 2024
Anno Un and Akira Kunou is a different persona. The moment Akira touch that G-Liner artifact, he become Unknown negator. Everything about him, including his action and whatever he draw and write become unknown. It's been like that until he found out a loophole in Unknown by using an alter ego. His manga become noticed and even win an award because he using pen name "Anno Un", instead of his name, Akira Kunou.

Anno Un that we've seen now is an alter ego that Akira made using G-Liner artifact.
Mar 16, 10:43 AM

Jan 2018
Anno Un was a guy all along? I really thought he was a girl lol. Damn. His back story is sad. I guess that goes for all the negators. None of them has it easy.

I admire Akira Kuno's tenacity. The fact that he decided to help everyone instead of just giving up thinking it's all hopeless was great. I really hope he won't die. He's too interesting of a character.

Only one episode left. Man, this sucks. Not the show. Undead Unluck's great. But if it's really true that this show isn't making waves then it's a problem. From the summary I've seen about future events, this series just keeps getting better and better. I really hope they won't pull the plug on Season 2.

It sucks this anime didn't receive much marketing since it's exclusive to Hulu or something. Fucking hate these platform exclusivities.
Mar 16, 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
Oh damn, only one more episode left.

That is a sad backstory for Anno Un, being unable to interact with others but able to see them be sad. And ahh Akira lost a second arm. Uhhh can that be fixed without an arm to draw it back on? Better start learning to draw with toes. What was that orb ? Something that made it so he could interact with others again somehow by changing his body or something?

And leave on a cliffhanger too...come on next ep
Mar 16, 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
ive just stop caring since ep 19 ... wats wrong wit me

i was hyped for this too
Mar 16, 9:46 PM

Dec 2020
that was a really great episode
Mar 16, 10:11 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to PRiMEog
ive just stop caring since ep 19 ... wats wrong wit me

i was hyped for this too
@PRiMEog Because a solid 5-10 minutes of every episode is recap and the rest is DBZ levels of stalling. Almost half this season has been "omg Billy betrayed us and we need to kill god! Lets get ready for that!" and then just standing around lore dumping while barely moving the plot forward at all. I said before that this show feels like a mid-90s filler-fest where they started adapting something after it hit 50 chapters and then caught up immediately and had to kill time constantly and I still feel that way.
Mar 16, 10:16 PM
Apr 2023
Anno-Sensei is AWESOME! Carrying everyone in his bag!
Mar 16, 10:27 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, how horrible it must have been to see you literally cease to exist and at that age but he did pretty well for having been alone for so long and the fact that his mother could read his manga was a very tender and fleeting moment (I loved it when he said his manga was a run-of-the-mill romance but he ended up winning XD haha)

Although we didn't get an answer as to why Andy was born, they managed to change the future and now everything that happens is new.
So the Under are together for convenience, and this group wants the Ark device to save Latla.... I wonder if she already died or is about to die. will it have something to do with Rip and his new body? How many Latlas are there? because the one with the broom has the same name but I think she is not the same... many questions few answers.

PS: Interesting that the last episode has the title of the Anno Un manga
Mar 17, 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
The backstory of Anno Un, or Akira Kuno, was a sad one. Encountering the G-Liner artifact and getting excited of seeing events past and future was one thing, but the downside of acquiring that artifact was him becoming invisible to everyone around him. That also included his own mother, whose breakdown scene of trying to find him was really sad. =(

Despite that, I do admire how determined he was in doing his best with the powers that he had, leading up to the present where Andy's reemergence from the books and Akira's own warning saved Fuko's life from being ended right then and there by Unseen.

I really enjoyed this episode overall. The animation in particular was very impressive with Rip's attacks. His bunny teammate was very cute, though, including how she comically rolled into the wall after being slapped by Fuko. XD

Despite being enemies, both sides will work together to deal with the threat of UMA Autumn. It'll certainly make for a thrilling finale, since it'll be a battle of who'll take Autumn down first.
Mar 17, 4:36 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh ok, so that explains Anno Un's nickname and backstory from the moment he obtained his G-pen to the present time where he was able to stop Fuko from dying. What I still don't really understand is how if he really can't touch or be in contact with the rest when was he able to do so like he is now. Did he find another artifact or is it because he drew it in order to bend the G-pen's rules? Also there are still questions about Under that I don't hink will be explained in one episode so unless we get a second season this is gonna be a hell of a cliffhanger.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 17, 10:11 AM
Oct 2021
Spoof_490 said:
@ASAPSHARAD no? He was always a guy.

Looks like a girl hence why hes a trap
Mar 17, 5:40 PM
Jan 2023
This episode be breaking the 4th wall so many times 📖
Mar 18, 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to rasterman7
Oh ok, so that explains Anno Un's nickname and backstory from the moment he obtained his G-pen to the present time where he was able to stop Fuko from dying. What I still don't really understand is how if he really can't touch or be in contact with the rest when was he able to do so like he is now. Did he find another artifact or is it because he drew it in order to bend the G-pen's rules? Also there are still questions about Under that I don't hink will be explained in one episode so unless we get a second season this is gonna be a hell of a cliffhanger.
@rasterman7

I was wondering what the blue ball thing was he found in the water.
Mar 18, 6:27 AM
Feb 2014
Reply to Drageoks
@Drageoks
Those "plot holes" get explained later.

This keeps happening every single week, people call out "plot holes" only for it to get explained like in 1 or 2 episodes.
Mar 18, 6:27 AM
Feb 2014
Reply to Vindicater
@rasterman7

I was wondering what the blue ball thing was he found in the water.
@Vindicater
That's the blue ball he used 3 episodes ago to suck Fuuko into soul form, you can see them being exactly the same

Implying that he knew he needed this to get Fuuko in the book, so he prepared for it.
Mar 18, 11:51 AM

Oct 2017
Anno-Un as in Unknown, wow. What a sad ability damn, undetected. Just damn. Really liked sensei's character, good guy. Dont care much about Rip or Latla though.
Mar 18, 11:54 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Drageoks
Drageoks said:
Maybe pay attention to the episode more. He literally says people can read stuff he writes as long as he doesn't relate it to himself and use it under the pen name.
Mar 18, 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
Finale next week! Hopefully a season 2 announcement soon.
Mar 19, 8:10 AM
Mar 2015
Anno a negator writes the future of undead unluck in manga fom
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

96 by Dolphin10 »»
Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

122 by NTJBuriti »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

» Naming convention of adding UN to things

Jucab_N - Apr 23

6 by ReXiRa »»
Apr 24, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

62 by Morpheus1318 »»
Apr 23, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

73 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Apr 22, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.