Forum Settings
Forums

'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

New
Mar 11, 7:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

Production company Avex Pictures opened an official website for the Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest anime series on Monday, revealing the main staff, five teaser visuals (pictured), and a special promo. The television anime adapting the sequel manga by Hiro Mashima and Atsuo Ueda will begin airing on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TV Setouchi, TV Hokkaido, and TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting in July 2024.

Staff
Chief Director: Shinji Ishihira (Edens Zero)
Director: Toshinori Watanabe (Tokyo Ghoul:re)
Series Composition: Atsuhiro Tomioka (Tennis no Oujisama)
Character Design: Yurika Sako (Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi chief animation director)
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi (Fairy Tail)
Studio: J.C.Staff

Cast
Natsu Dragneel: Tetsuya Kakihara (Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun)
Lucy Heartfilia: Aya Hirano (Kimi ni Todoke)
Happy: Rie Kugimiya (No Game No Life)
Gray Fullbuster: Yuuichi Nakamura (Haikyuu!!)
Erza Scarlet: Sayaka Ohara (xxxHOLiC)
Wendy Marvell: Satomi Satou (Hyouka)
Charlés: Yui Horie (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)

Mashima and Ueda began the sequel on the Magazine Pocket web manga platform in July 2018, approximately a year after the original Fairy Tail manga ended. Kodansha published the 16th volume last December, with the 17th volume scheduled for an April 9 release.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga in English in March 2019 and released the 14th volume last October. The 15th volume will go on sale on April 9.

Special PV

Official site: https://www.fairytail100yq.com/
Official X (Twitter): @fairytail_PR

Source: Press Release
VindstotMar 11, 7:37 PM

Mar 11, 7:08 PM
Dec 2013
lol. J.C.Staff!? Not only did they do the 2 seasons of Edens Zero, but they're gonna do the new Fairy Tail anime instead of A-1 Pictures and Bridge? And aren't they busy with One Punch Man Season 3 and Honey Lemon Soda?

Well, it might be a good thing, since Fairy Tail had so many still frames when previous studios worked on it, so J.C.Staff doing it might mean less still frames than the previous FT installments.
wildhoodMar 11, 7:18 PM
Mar 11, 7:16 PM

May 2020
So people actually die in this one or it's again the same deal?

Anyways, JC staff doing this was inevitable, but don't they already have plenty of things to work on this year? Lol.
Mar 11, 8:03 PM
Feb 2022
I'm ready for more Fairy Tail. Been waiting for this news since i finish it in 2022.
Mar 11, 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
Finally, I forgot about this.
Mar 11, 8:17 PM

May 2021
Really happy about this, been following the manga for years and it’s good to know this isn’t just Vaporware. Though the fact that JC Staff is doing like 11 other shows this year has me worried about this series’s production quality
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Mar 11, 8:20 PM

Jan 2009
jc staff confirmed to doing 14 anime this year alone while mappa average 5 anime per year that is insane workload and jc staff have less staff than mappa too
Mar 11, 10:54 PM

May 2021
jc staff have around 13/14 animes pending... insane with 241 employees (of which 202 are regulars)
Mar 11, 11:05 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I'm probably coping, but I hope this will get similar treatment to Bleach TYBW anime so I could finally enjoy real animation instead of previous Fairy Tail's powerpoint slideshows.

I kinda enjoy the manga but I couldn't watch the anime past the 2014 one.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 11, 11:10 PM

Sep 2018
Not much meat to the trailer, but looking forward to see it. Feels like its been ages since it was announced.
Mar 11, 11:28 PM

Dec 2017
Uhm who's that girl on the yellow background? No way it's lucy right?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 12, 12:23 AM
Apr 2013
I've been vaguely interested but. Since this is a sequel I highly doubt I can just watch it without watching the original. At the same time watching the entirety before it airs sounds kinda impossible too.

It's in july soo eh. No news on how many episodes it will have though. Are they really going to try and do the entire thing, or are they just gonna do 12 or 24 eps and stop there.

I suppose I could give it a try in one episode and then see how it goes, but I'd imagine people would think I'm crazy
Mar 12, 2:04 AM

Nov 2023
J.C Staff again and Tokyo Ghoul:re director? I'll be surprised if this gets proper adaptation
Mar 12, 2:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
For nostalgia's sake, this should be a good addition. Bleach, Fairy Tail, Naruto Shin Series (4-episode remake) and One Piece airing at the same time a very real possibility...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 12, 3:10 AM

May 2021
Finally a good Shounen anime will release after years and make forget the bad taste that Edens Zero left to me . So damn hyped . Can't wait for the peak to return!!
Mar 12, 5:17 AM

May 2019
Reply to dzudoKing
J.C Staff again and Tokyo Ghoul:re director? I'll be surprised if this gets proper adaptation
dzudoKing said:

i mean his work in edens zero was alright, so this should be just fine
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 12, 7:18 AM

Jun 2019
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

T___T
Mar 12, 9:11 PM

Aug 2010
JC Staff is making everything, apparently.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 13, 12:42 AM

Nov 2017
I can't wait for this summer!
Mar 14, 4:30 AM

May 2009
Reply to karrotStick
Uhm who's that girl on the yellow background? No way it's lucy right?
Of course it's Lucy
Mar 14, 4:12 PM

Oct 2022
Can't wait for this.
Mar 17, 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
I've been vaguely interested but. Since this is a sequel I highly doubt I can just watch it without watching the original. At the same time watching the entirety before it airs sounds kinda impossible too.

It's in july soo eh. No news on how many episodes it will have though. Are they really going to try and do the entire thing, or are they just gonna do 12 or 24 eps and stop there.

I suppose I could give it a try in one episode and then see how it goes, but I'd imagine people would think I'm crazy
@CocoaGalaxy It's not impossible, in fact I'm doing it right now, although this will be my 3rd time re-watching Fairy Tail. If you watch 3 episodes per day, by the time 100 years quest airs, you will be able to be up to date just fine.
Mar 17, 4:14 PM
Apr 2013
Reply to Destinesia
@CocoaGalaxy It's not impossible, in fact I'm doing it right now, although this will be my 3rd time re-watching Fairy Tail. If you watch 3 episodes per day, by the time 100 years quest airs, you will be able to be up to date just fine.
@Destinesia 3 eps a day is 21 eps a week, every week.
And thats not counting all the other anime.

21+ eps a week might be doable for other people but not for me alas.

I'm still wondering how things will go.

It's not that I'm not interested in fairy tail, of all things(?), its just that I'm more interested in other anime at the moment. And too many eps actually ends up as an issue here.
Mar 17, 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
@Destinesia 3 eps a day is 21 eps a week, every week.
And thats not counting all the other anime.

21+ eps a week might be doable for other people but not for me alas.

I'm still wondering how things will go.

It's not that I'm not interested in fairy tail, of all things(?), its just that I'm more interested in other anime at the moment. And too many eps actually ends up as an issue here.
@CocoaGalaxy that's totally understandable! And I agree that too many episodes kind of sound like a commitment, especially if you don't like dropping anime. If you ever want to give an opportunity to Fairy Tail just take your time and enjoy the episodes.
DestinesiaMar 17, 5:07 PM
Mar 24, 12:01 AM

Oct 2017
Wtf jc staff? Fuck.
Mar 28, 5:06 AM
Oct 2019
J.C.Staff!? guys you already have 14 anime to work on so i don't mind to wait another year for fairy tail just don't ruin it plz , its my favorite anime and i didn't wait 5 years to see my favorite anime get ruined because the studio didn't have a enough time to work on it , i hope that im wrong or otherwise i will curse you for life
Apr 3, 11:56 PM

Apr 2013
Just watching that trailer makes me hyped for the return of Fairy Tail... please have some decent animation and no censorship >_<

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
20 minutes ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
10 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

16 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.