Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2010 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad to see the return of our Dark Tournament buddies.

RtheO
Oct 5, 2010 11:31 PM

Mar 2010
the six dont seem strong

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 2, 2011 12:09 PM

Jan 2010
Rasco said:
the six dont seem strong
Rasco said:
the six dont seem strong

Lol yeah, especially the yo yo kid. Mohawk dude owns though.
Dec 20, 2011 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
Wait! The ice guy became stronger than the Mohawk guy. It's hard to believe it. The guy was weak as hell in the tournament, he couldn't even beat Kuruno while he was paralyzed.

So that general killed everyone with the prospect of becoming stronger than him so he won't lose his position huh? What a fool thinking he could get away with it forever.

Btw Kuruno is at 152000? That ain't that much. only 30000 more that those guys he trained. Hiei and Yusuke will probably be a lot more. I didn't even see him train that much.
Mar 30, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2011
Monad said:

Btw Kuruno is at 152000? That ain't that much. only 30000 more that those guys he trained. Hiei and Yusuke will probably be a lot more. I didn't even see him train that much.

There's more to Kurama than raw power.
Jul 23, 2013 6:46 AM

May 2012
Thanks to the opening song, I already know who the six will be. Glad to see the drunken dude again. Not so much with the rest though.
Sep 8, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2009
rebelakuma said:
Thanks to the opening song, I already know who the six will be. Glad to see the drunken dude again. Not so much with the rest though.

IDK, Jin was pretty cool. And I wouldn't mind Rinku if his dub voice wasn't so horrible.
May 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Why is Kurama such a pimp?
Once again he proves that he is the best Yu Yu character. Too cool for words

Aug 24, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
This episode reaffirms why Kurama is my favorite character. Composed, collected, and cold. The return of the Dark Tournament brigade was a pleasant surprise, I love how all of these Demon Realm politics are coming together and makes me sad that there's only 10 episodes left.
Apr 27, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2013
Kaito was hilarious in his appearance this episode. Hopefully Shuichi explained enough of the situation to him, as he deserves to know.

I did not recognize Shishi in his tiny demon form, though I can see why he chose to take on a more human appearance.
I thought most of his power came from the Trial Sword given by Suzuka, but it seems like he is quite capable on his own as well.
Jan 9, 2016 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty fucking awesome to see all those old side-characters incorporated back into the story.
May 4, 2017 1:47 AM

Dec 2013
It's great seeing so many old characters return for this final arc!
Jun 5, 2017 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
This arc's setting up quite a lot, but only has a few episodes left to resolve it all in. I sincerely hope it manages to do so well since I've been loving this show thus far.
Take care of yourself

Jun 23, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
Dam lol ripppp. Awesome to see those 6 bros again after the Tournament saga ;-; dam they got stronger
Jul 4, 2017 6:13 AM
May 2017
Happy to see the Australian Dunk and the Irish Ninja again
Aug 13, 2017 12:34 PM

Jun 2016
This is getting cool, I'm curious to see where it's headed. A surprising 10 episodes left, so I'm not exactly sure it'll pan out great. I think this arc could of had a better start, if only it had been stretched out further. Chapter Black ends and immediately we're sent off into a world of time skips and backstories it never cared to show until now. I would of really preferred to learn about our heroes in a different way, maybe more spread throughout the series rather than almost completely in the last 15 episodes. This demon world war has a lot of great ideas but it's too condensed so far.

Ever since that match in Dark Tournament where Kurama killed the dude who was holding his mother hostage I knew he was cool as hell, only continues to prove it as the show has gone on. Kuwabara is and will always be my Yuyu husbando, but Kurama is a close second. I wish we had some more glimpses on how Kuwabara is doing honestly. Somewhat sad but also excited to finish!
Feb 9, 2018 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
It's pretty nice to see those six again

Pretty sure that's not how "predicted" mean xD
Kurama is more like "already knew" that he's going to be number two, Yusuke and Hiei too

Probably Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama will team up at the end at beat the others
"Signature removed"
Oct 20, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
Focussing on Kurama has definitely made this show even more interesting.

Also cool to see some characters from the Dark Tournament again. I'm excited for more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 3, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 2016
Okay, Kurama didn't struggle at all with this, in fact he did insanely well. Kurama sure is smart, he's gotten insanely strong, too. It's nice to see the old folks from the good old tournament arc.
Nov 26, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
I felt like a lot happened in this episode that probably should have been at least a small arc. Sort of underwhelming, but the next episode looks great.
Apr 8, 2020 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
Rushed.
Im not sure how Chu and the others get power up with that low class training. They looked like a C- class demon with those sparring. Well obviously Togashi just making the story progress very fast.

This was the start where the story goes downhill.
Too much hype, too much intriguing "what-if battle". But in the end to make the story easier Togashi will use another tournament arc.

Actually, currently the strongest in the Demon World is Mukuro.
May 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2020
"This time i'm fighting Yusuke and Hiei" Only 10 episodes left... bruh sound effect #2
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 11, 2020 6:05 AM

Dec 2018
Wait why's the whole power scaling thing all messed up now? First we have Toguro as the invincible B class demon, and now all of a sudden after well over half a year of training Genkai was able to produce 6 fucking A class equivalents like wth? Clearly they were all A class coz Kurama is said to be A class and since he has power point of 152k, the 6 others must be at least upper B or A right?

It doesn't make that much sense anymore. Of course unless there's bs explanation like Kurama suppresses his power or sth like that. The only plausible explanation I could think of is that Toguro was actually an S class demon. As Koenma lied about the actual rankings to Hiei, I presume the only thing that seems reasonable is Toguro being S class. Also since Toguro took full damage of Yusuke's blast, he lost. We all know he could easily win that fight if he dodged the ray gun. But he didn't and therefore lose.

Otherwise, this is just so stupid. I need explanations for all this power scaling.
. . .
Aug 27, 2020 2:21 PM

May 2017
This was a really awkward episode😯
Sep 28, 2020 8:55 PM

Apr 2017
How are they going to wrap this up in 10 episodes?
Jan 13, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2007
really thought how those tournament demons going to combine with the story.

currently this episode felt to me like shounen yyh version for the first berserk xD
oceanmachine said:
How are they going to wrap this up in 10 episodes?
i kinda asked this too couple of episodes ago, but after the pace of this episode i won't be surprised, pierrot started from ep98 to raise little by little the pace, and it well felt in this one.
Sep 1, 2021 9:06 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao at Kurama having that parasite working for him. I died when it said "Kurama is my new master" xDDD

Mar 30, 2022 5:01 PM
Feb 2022
Kurama es uno de los mejores estrategas que he visto. Siempre calcula todo y logra salirse con la suya.
Dec 27, 2023 8:18 AM

Nov 2012
Not massively hyped over them returning but don't hate it either.
Hilarious this spectral power level bs.

This arc is great here, since they arrived in the demon realm, but I guess will undoubtedly be super condensed. Idm tho if it's short and sweet, would still be finishing strong if it maintains the momentum this arc has now.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 22, 7:44 PM

Oct 2023
I don't like the spectral power thing being introduced now, but I guess you could view Kurama's win as a sort of mockery of that system entirely. Regardless, this mini-arc for Kurama is arguably even better than the one we got for Hiei.

There was always an element of trickery at play with how Kurama interacted and fought other characters, so this new revelation of him conspiring to kill Yomi in the past works really well. It's also a great dichotomy we see with this more cunning, hidden form of himself now reemerging that's being forced to face down the human side of his consciousness.

Very good stuff! I'm already liking this a lot more than Chapter Black.
Apr 7, 2:45 AM

Apr 2017
I like the re-addition of the past side characters, having a role in this arc.

I will say that this arc should've been like 30+ episodes, not 18. This arc feels a bit rushed. Though supposedly, Togashi wasn't feeling so hot. So, it makes sense that the ending was rushed. Also, Togashi felt like he couldn't do what he wanted. He likely wanted to add more Shoujo tropes and queer characters. Though he felt that Shonen wouldn't except them, so he just rushed the ending and made Hunter x Hunter later on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 35 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

26 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 101 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 3, 2010

24 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

45 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

28 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

17 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.