Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi' Receives TV Anime

New
Feb 14, 7:10 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official X (formerly Twitter) account of Reiji Miyajima's Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi (The Shiunji Family Children) manga announced on Wednesday that the manga is getting a television anime adaptation.

Miyajima (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) began drawing the romantic comedy manga in Young Animal magazine in February 2022. Hakusensha shipped the second volume in July 2023, and the third volume is scheduled to be released on February 16.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in April 2023 and released the first volume in November 2023.

Synopsis
The love between brother and sister. The love between man and woman. That which is most forbidden is most unyielding. The two sons and five daughters of the Shiunji family shine like brilliant gems, each with intelligence and beauty in equal measure. And with the pedigree of their wealthy father behind them, how could they not be the talk of the town?

Eldest son Arata has spent his life being tossed around by the whims of his colorful sisters, yet a little teasing won't stop him from valuing his family over anything and anyone else. But when his youngest sister turns fifteen, their father reveals a long-hidden secret of the Shiunji "siblings" and knocks Arata's world off its axis... (Source: Yen Press)

Official X (Twitter): @shiunji_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi on MAL
Hyperion_PSFeb 14, 7:12 AM
Feb 14, 7:23 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Sounds cringe as holy hell but it has comedy as a genre so might be fun. We will just have to see. But I can already guess via the synopsis that the said secret his father says it's that they are really not siblings. Quite obvious since they don't have the same hair color, but there are other anime with siblings with different hair color. I think. I can be totally wrong though xD
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Feb 14, 7:32 AM

Jul 2015
Literally from the author of Rent a Girlfriend comes another quality trash. But this time madlad cracks it up to 11 by adding incest as a theme.
I have already theorized in one of my threads, that author seems to be totally aware of the level of quality he is delivering and is relying entirely (or at least to some extent) on hate watching.
Anyway, I am totally sold and hyped, will watch it whole, enjoy every second of it and be disgusted with myself.
PiromyslFeb 14, 10:15 AM

Feb 14, 7:49 AM
Feb 2023
How on earth this manga even got an anime adaptation? Absolutely baffling. Another trashy harem incest anime incoming
Feb 14, 8:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Macaroon17
How on earth this manga even got an anime adaptation? Absolutely baffling. Another trashy harem incest anime incoming
@Macaroon17 How many shows like this can you name lol? Incest anime have always been pretty rare, even when harem has seen something of a revival in the last couple of years.
Feb 14, 8:41 AM

Jan 2021
Peak fiction incoming.
Feb 14, 8:59 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Macaroon17 How many shows like this can you name lol? Incest anime have always been pretty rare, even when harem has seen something of a revival in the last couple of years.
@RobertBobert not much but i pretty much know harem genre have a lot of trashy one similar to this one. Not that i hate harem since i also liked gotoubun no hanayome, but i felt most of them was just average and not good even. The shows like rent a girlfriend, maken-ki, infinite stratos, engage kiss, kenja no mago, hentai ouji, hensuki, shobitch, hajimete no gal and perhaps many more. I didn't like those shows because how predictable the plot is and how tons of girl basically fall in love with the protagonist without any justified reason. But then again that's only my opinion and i completely understand if some people actually liked those kinda harem
Feb 14, 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Macaroon17
@RobertBobert not much but i pretty much know harem genre have a lot of trashy one similar to this one. Not that i hate harem since i also liked gotoubun no hanayome, but i felt most of them was just average and not good even. The shows like rent a girlfriend, maken-ki, infinite stratos, engage kiss, kenja no mago, hentai ouji, hensuki, shobitch, hajimete no gal and perhaps many more. I didn't like those shows because how predictable the plot is and how tons of girl basically fall in love with the protagonist without any justified reason. But then again that's only my opinion and i completely understand if some people actually liked those kinda harem
@Macaroon17 With the same logic, you can take any popular genre, call its formula "predictable clichés" and cite a number of old or subjective mid shows as evidence that the genre is bad. I'm also a human being and I think it's completely normal not to like some genre, but this can simply be said about any popular genre, just change the names of the show and its tropes. Not to mention the fact remains that you can count all the actual incest shows on the fingers of both hands, even counting step ones like Citrus and Eromanga-sensei.
Feb 14, 9:24 AM

May 2020
How on earth did this author get an adaptation of his one more work? 
Feb 14, 9:37 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Macaroon17 With the same logic, you can take any popular genre, call its formula "predictable clichés" and cite a number of old or subjective mid shows as evidence that the genre is bad. I'm also a human being and I think it's completely normal not to like some genre, but this can simply be said about any popular genre, just change the names of the show and its tropes. Not to mention the fact remains that you can count all the actual incest shows on the fingers of both hands, even counting step ones like Citrus and Eromanga-sensei.
@RobertBobert yeah true. But i wanted to say again that for a fact i didn't hate harem and i also didn't say that harem is a bad genre. I just wanted to vent my frustration about this manga getting adapted since there are some of ip in the genre that is actually better, not getting an adaptation or continuation. While this abomination got one.

And yeah i can't really control the producer or some companies in japan to grant my wish anyway lol. Just a little rant from me that's all XD

Also sorry for my bad english
Feb 14, 9:41 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
@Softhenic03 exactly my thoughts also. Tons of people in japan liked this kinda show i guess
Feb 14, 9:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Macaroon17
@RobertBobert yeah true. But i wanted to say again that for a fact i didn't hate harem and i also didn't say that harem is a bad genre. I just wanted to vent my frustration about this manga getting adapted since there are some of ip in the genre that is actually better, not getting an adaptation or continuation. While this abomination got one.

And yeah i can't really control the producer or some companies in japan to grant my wish anyway lol. Just a little rant from me that's all XD

Also sorry for my bad english
@Macaroon17 It's completely normal to have these feelings. I'm not trying to reproach you with anything or try to convince you. It's just that "universal" arguments can sometimes be quite unfair in my opinion.
Feb 14, 9:44 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Macaroon17 It's completely normal to have these feelings. I'm not trying to reproach you with anything or try to convince you. It's just that "universal" arguments can sometimes be quite unfair in my opinion.
@RobertBobert Yeah that kinda opinion bit sucks sometimes but we have to respect it tho. Thanks for being understanding bro, appreciate it very much
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Feb 2021
We'll be there for peak
Feb 14, 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
Of course, from the author of Rent a Girlfriend 💀 this dude needs to be stopped bro lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 14, 10:34 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to thebrentinator24
Of course, from the author of Rent a Girlfriend 💀 this dude needs to be stopped bro lol.
@thebrentinator24 won't happen his manga sell that all their to it it's a business and in business money talk.
Feb 14, 10:37 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Macaroon17
@Softhenic03 exactly my thoughts also. Tons of people in japan liked this kinda show i guess
@Macaroon17 have you seen how many copies Kanojo okarishimasu sold? Even if that series is is 10% of that it's 1M copies so with the hype around him with kanojo okarishimasu season 3 that was there recently it made sense from a business standpoint.
Feb 14, 11:12 AM

Sep 2020
I haven't seen Rent a girlfriend yet.
Feb 14, 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
I actually really liked reading this, it had a huge hiatus so didn't really pick it up again, but remember it being entertaining, maybe not the best written, but still entertaining
Feb 14, 1:44 PM

Aug 2022
Well at least it ain't Rent-a-Girlfriend Season 4 🙃
Feb 14, 4:29 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Macaroon17 have you seen how many copies Kanojo okarishimasu sold? Even if that series is is 10% of that it's 1M copies so with the hype around him with kanojo okarishimasu season 3 that was there recently it made sense from a business standpoint.
@Otakupervert890 make sense. Anime and manga is an industry too so they have to make a money in order to sustain themselves lol
Feb 14, 7:44 PM

Jun 2019
Reiji keeps winning lol.
Feb 15, 1:08 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Alpha-Nine
@Alpha-Nine not yet who knows it might be announced this year or next year it's not like they are missing on content to adapt.
Feb 15, 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Otakupervert890 Many people in the West are well aware that works and genres widely criticized in the West are quite successful in Japan itself. It’s just “justified” with the help of weird statements that the Japanese have no taste or, conversely, that the industry is allegedly forcing this on people.
Feb 15, 5:39 AM
Apr 2013
7 Children? Plot Twist? I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong.
Feb 15, 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
I got a bad feelig about this
Feb 15, 7:06 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Alpha-Nine not yet who knows it might be announced this year or next year it's not like they are missing on content to adapt.
@Otakupervert890 The studio better be daring enough to show audiences an uncensored adaptation of the manga's infamous Chapter 218 then 🙃
Feb 17, 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Softhenic03
@Softhenic03 For the same reason why Rent a Girlfriend got three whole seasons.

Mar 19, 5:01 PM
Jan 2021
someone need to stop this man broooo , he thinks his work good nahhhhh dawg
Mar 23, 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
This is actually better than Kanokari but then again anything's better than that but this one is more like you average harem romcom.
Jul 16, 4:21 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to Alpha-Nine
@Alpha-Nine
ur comment sure didnt age well
Jul 16, 5:49 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to Xenocrisi
@Alpha-Nine
ur comment sure didnt age well
@Xenocrisi It definitely didn't 🙃

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

17 by fabiandewa19 »»
56 minutes ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

26 by Vacerino »»
4 hours ago

» 'Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

12 by bastek66 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Haigakura' Unveils More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by 40826DToothyCow »»
9 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Shakunetsu Kabaddi' Ends Serialization

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

2 by Yudesei »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.