Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 5:43 PM
Oct 2018
my man finally take some life
well its kill or be killed
Feb 10, 6:07 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Yaggamy
Sharpedon said:
Yet another very dark episode.. Did the MC really have to kill everyone? His OSD directed him to defeat them, not kill them. So he could have maimed them or leave them unconscious and then deliver them to the authorities.

Eliminate their threat without killing them, since if he didn't they'd either kill him or his heart would stop, whichever came first.

There is no loss in translation here either, since the original OSD is in English, not Japanese (or Korean).

The studio changed the text. In the manhwa the quest is to kill them because they intend to murder the 'player'.
@Yaggamy Oh I see, thanks. There is no ambivalence here at all. In this case Jin-Woo had no choice..
Feb 10, 6:07 PM
Oct 2023
Jinwoo is starting to get really badass. leveling up and realising that the system needs a strong Jinwoo.I like how Jin ho considers Jinwoo a boss now due to him being terrified of him lmao.
Feb 10, 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
Animation and Sawano sure are carrying this cringe ass show, huh? Dialogues are incredibly embarrassing and the lame melodrama surrounding the idea of killing someone (a group of scumbags and in obvious self-defence) was just laughable.

New insert song by Sawano was fire tho.
Also surprised rich kid survived in the end.
Feb 10, 6:12 PM

Feb 2011
Fuego episode. Absolutely nuts, and the fact that the armored dude got the credit made my pp spew seed in laughter

5/5 episode. Still a 4.5/5 anime, but a great episode.

Mission says kill 6 people attacking you... oh well, listen brah, kill all 6 enemies.

Jinwoo taking the perogative and leveling up further.

Cuck MC from first 2 eps turned into gigachad MC

Feb 10, 6:14 PM

Feb 2019
well, i knew that was coming. and that rich kid d-ranker should be glad he chose to protect Jinwoo instead of actually killing him. but then again, he saw what a mere E-ranker could do, so yeah, between those thugs and Jinwoo, he was safer to be on his side! but damn, the leader's big bro is some thug from which guild now?
Feb 10, 6:29 PM
Dec 2023
This was some sick action. I also loved the dilemma he had when he had to kill others so he won't die himself.
Feb 10, 6:29 PM
Oct 2015
Anyone know the song that played whilst he was killing the six people? I absolutely loved this episode & I am so glad it showed everything that I wanted to see, especially after last weeks cliff hanger. I am excited to see Jin-Woo get recognised for his new skill, but as I haven't read the source I don't know when that will be. It's so annoying that there is only 12 episodes in this season, I could happily watch this series to completion. I just hope it doesn't get the Seven Deadly Sins treatment where it is passed off to another studio not known for quality animation, outsourced to an even worse studio & ruined.
Feb 10, 6:44 PM
Jan 2023
Jinwoo turning into Chadwoo frfr 🥵🥵🥵
Feb 10, 6:47 PM

Feb 2021
Jin-woo defeated the spider boss thanks to one of his daily rewards (status recovery) and massacred the lizards because the system ordered him. I appreciate the anime original scenes with all the side characters. If I remember correctly, most of them weren't introduced this early in the manhwa.
Feb 10, 6:48 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to cursed_2312
Gradius2 said:
This is just one punch man COPY

can your opinion be anymore stupid atleast try to make sense
@cursed_2312 you're stupid enough to not understand.
Feb 10, 6:48 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Virtecek
Jinwoo is starting to get really badass. leveling up and realising that the system needs a strong Jinwoo.I like how Jin ho considers Jinwoo a boss now due to him being terrified of him lmao.
@Virtecek

Such an interesting transistion for the character. What is the system and why does it need him to be strong.
Feb 10, 6:50 PM
Apr 2023
Looks like he's going head to head with the bigger bro next.
Feb 10, 6:58 PM
May 2020
Great episode. Music was on point, animation was fluid, and they did a good job of showing what happened in the manhwa. The voice actor for sung is top tier I really felt the high emotions during his switch. So excited for what comes next as this is where the goat Sung Jin Woo really takes effect!
Feb 10, 7:13 PM
Aug 2017
Holy shit this episode had no business going this hard. In absolute awe after that last fight scene.
Feb 10, 7:15 PM
Aug 2016
Things that I liked:Jin-Woo got his revenge on those assholes and it was brutal and I liked that.Him turning all blue was pretty awesome as well.He actually showed them that he is no pushover and that he can fight back. Things I didn't like:The boss fight was just ok and the fact that he defeated the spider just by stabbing in the eye was kinda eh in my opinion.I mean yeah he tried to hit him in other places but he's armour protected him so that kinda makes sense as to why he chose to stab him in the eye ,it's just that it was very quick and it worked instantly like wtf. All in all I can say that it was still entertaining to watch.And also the fact that they ended on a cliffhanger that's kinda annoying.Can't wait for next week.
Feb 10, 7:21 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This was so fking sick, 10/10

Loving the adaptation so far
Feb 10, 7:21 PM
Jan 2024
Ep 6 is the best... the ost is the most important in this ep! Sawano is the best
Feb 10, 7:45 PM
Oct 2016
JESUS CHRIST IT WAS AWESOME, PEAK FICTION
Feb 10, 7:47 PM

Aug 2016
The worldbuilding remains distressingly lazy. The writing remains painfully generic (at best—in truth, there are also heaps of amateurisms). This story seems to have the depth of one of those sigma joker quotes instagram accounts. Is the appeal of this show solely the conceit of "badass" edgelord imagery and moments?
The only things this episode had going for it was the set-up/pay-off of him holding off on his reward until he needed it—a brief stumble into competent writing that could very well be a broken clock twice a day type thing judging how the rest of the writing has been so far—and a banger insert song.

Feb 10, 7:49 PM
Sep 2015
This is giving me berserk of gluttony vibes, I feel like he is going to be forced to kill people a lot more and that might cause some interesting dilemmas since this episode basically establishes he really has no control over the system and has to do whatever it tells him even if it tells him to kill everyone... this anime got a lot darker.
Feb 10, 7:52 PM
Dec 2021
The best episode so far and the ost in that episode was phenomenal
Feb 10, 7:53 PM
Dec 2022
This is a bit frustrating once one has catch up to the series. The cliffhanger is well done but can frustrates as well. No wonder I often let the series build up and binge a few episodes in one go. Just goes to show how good the series is so far.

Jinwoo should be leveling up in rank/ability with approval of the Hunters' Association. This should help him in tackling more of the higher rank baddies/monsters.

Best episode so far with a new insert song too. Can it get any better?
SenseiSempai-sanFeb 10, 8:00 PM
Feb 10, 7:58 PM

Sep 2016
I may misremember the manwha, but in the manwha he wasn't as cold blooded as in the anime, about killing the 6 "enemies".
IIrc, the justification he came up in the manwha was that those weren't people because of how they lived and killed, so it was fine to kill them. I may misremember tho.
bruh
Feb 10, 8:11 PM

Mar 2020
Stand proud hwang, you are strong
Feb 10, 8:14 PM
Aug 2020
Okay, I'm done with the bs I'm only brutal now. Yes, I am disappointed, but i still want to make the best of it. Something i've learned tho, things really dont need adaptation, like they are sooo much better in their original forms, e.g., LN/MW/WT. i'm still mad it was 6 people instead of 8 but yk i get caught up on the small things i also think Jinwoo look even less like he should during/post glow up cuz why does he look so basic now??? he Isnt supposed to look like that.
Feb 10, 8:17 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
That was wild. I knew a weird quest might have to pop up to do something against his will. Leveled his mental state too.
Feb 10, 8:27 PM

May 2019
Gotta say that this episode felt very short, couldn't believe it was suddenly over. While Jinwoo killing other humans was surprising he had no choice unless he wanted to die. Besides those thugs would've killed Jinho and most likely future newbie/low-rank adventurers.

I wonder if Jinwoo will get his rank re-checked because I think he's currently at least B-rank if not A.
Feb 10, 8:31 PM
Jun 2023
Gavinyeet said:
Bro this is so edgy it’s corny at this point

Could you please elaborate further on your claim?
Feb 10, 8:53 PM
May 2021
essa musica, essa animação, foi literal um episodio perfeito, sem um píngo de enrolação, não economizaram nenhum pouco no orçamento nesse ep, literal um master piece
Feb 10, 9:01 PM
Jun 2023
The Ost Was Great !!!
Feb 10, 9:01 PM
Jul 2021
Trash_Sommelier said:
I'm liking this a lot so far, but we're 6 episodes in a 12 episode season. This should've been 24 episodes long, tho I understand the budget for such would have to be stretched thinner thus not producing the level of animation we've had so far. But it still feels like 12 episodes isn't gonna be enough to leave any major interest after it ends for people who haven't already read the webcomic. I'm afraid this is going the God of Highschool or Tower of God route by leaving a first season and then just silence. I hope not, I'd gladly sacrifice half the churned out trash every season for another one of this, but so far it doesn't seem to have created the buzz they expected.

I believe there’s gonna be a 2nd cour later this year.
Feb 10, 9:09 PM
Jan 2024
That fight scene is a piece of art with that epic nice smoothing soundtrack with that saying, '' I am always leveling up''.
Feb 10, 9:27 PM
Feb 2015
Jin wo become the slave to the system, in a way it a kill or be killed world. I wonder what the penalty if he rebel against that quest aside from the daily quest. it uncannily makes me remember one punch man where no one expect the mc to defeat the monster.The bandit team choose the wrong victim to kill.Will he lost his humanity/ sacrifice something one day to do this kind of quest. Interesting thought
jumbosanFeb 10, 9:37 PM
Feb 10, 9:50 PM
Jan 2020
ARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Feb 10, 9:50 PM

Aug 2011
The best, awesome episode!

Feb 10, 10:07 PM
Aug 2019
they nailed this episode
Feb 10, 10:09 PM
Oct 2023
Goated ep and goated anime🔥🔥🔥
Feb 10, 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
Now we are starting to cook.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 10, 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
Soloed a party of C and D rank, swiftly. The boss must be a higher rank than them. That's six episodes less. I wonder how they going to tell the story in six episodes.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 10, 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Jinwoo can't be stopped, but just what is this system he has anyway?
Feb 10, 10:53 PM

Jul 2013
This was simply amazing. Bravo A-1 Pictures and everyone involved.

While I definitely had some expectations that we might be in for some good action or that Jin-Woo could even make short work of the spider boss, this wasn't even the best part of the episode.

Considering that he has reached a significantly higher level and also has a very effective new weapon in the form of the dagger, the enormous difference in power between the Blue Venom-Fanged Kasaka and this spider was more than noticeable. Incredibly hard armor coupled with extremely powerful attacks and acid spit posed an enormous challenge. At the same time, I had a really fun time watching Jin-Ho's reaction as it was an obvious shock to him that Jin-Woo, as an E-rank hunter, had such strength. The fact that he even convinced himself that Jin-Woo was a false ranker and then began to call him Aniki made this section perfect. At the same time, it's worth mentioning that it was Jin-Woo's luck to not redeem his daily quests, otherwise he wouldn't have had access to the full recovery during the fight.
I wonder how he uses the Essence Stone. Be it selling, which I assume is the case, although the value is unfortunately still unclear, or maybe even upgrading the gear.

God damn. Considering that Gun-Hee was still holding back in the little sparring session, I can't imagine what his strength looked like when he acts serious. However, it is no longer news that the older characters are usually among the strongest.

The confrontation between that stupid C to D-rank hunter group and Jin-Woo was pure gold. I can definitely understand Jin-Woo's initial hesitation. Never before has he found himself in such a situation, where he is essentially forced to kill humans. Nonetheless it's amazing how much this mysterious system wants to see Jin-Woo alive at any cost. So far we have almost no information about the intention behind it, but at least we now have confirmation, especially with the suddenly appeared quest, that it cares deeply about Jin-Woo becoming stronger.

What followed resembled pure slaughter. There was no mercy or any remaining form of hesitation in Jin-Woo. The voice actor Ban Taito had already done an incredible job in the previous episodes, but what we were able to witness here was god level voice acting. The way he was able to convey Jin-Woo's inner change was absolutely insane and the OST which could be heard in the background couldn't have been chosen better. I had goosebumps all over my body.
It's particularly ridiculous that Dong-Suk, the party leader, whined so pathetically for his life after quickly realizing the difference in power, while before he was spewing such big words. "Sorry bro, but unfortunately I have to complete my quest." I probably don't want to imagine what a possible penalty quest would have looked like. The experience may have significantly reduced Jin-Woo's trust in other hunters, but at the same time it may have been more than instructive. The Murderous Intend skill sounds like it could come very handy in the future. I'm already excited to see it will be used and even more excited to see when Jin-Woo's true strength will be noticed.

The end already revealed that the person seen is Dong-Suk's brother, who will certainly meet Jin-Woo at some point.

Can't wait for next week.

Feb 10, 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to DiabloYaegar
anyone knows the ost??? it bangs
@DiabloYaegar When Hiroyuki Sawano is involved, best believe you are getting nothing but bangers.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 10, 11:47 PM

Feb 2016
Jinwoo the entire episode:
"Nah, I'd Solo"
Feb 10, 11:59 PM

Aug 2013
It's time to level up.
Feb 11, 1:10 AM
Jan 2024
Wow, it was really impressive
Feb 11, 1:26 AM
Jul 2022
The new Eren is here but the BETTER ONE
Feb 11, 1:28 AM
Apr 2021
Best episode so far
Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
At last I found my pw saved 🤣🤣.
Now... it was a great episode and the ost during the fight was awesome.
And something else

Edgy word lost it meaning here on MAL... kinda becomes annoying to hear it now 🤣🤣
The spider is watching
Feb 11, 2:03 AM

Oct 2021
Compared to the snack fight, the animation is like a downgrade.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling's Hype ( 1 2 )

Arminken - Apr 27

62 by ShadowSparks »»
Yesterday, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

271 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

362 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 1, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

298 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 1, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

163 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 1, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.