Forum Settings
Forums

Rate my taste based on my top 10 anime/manga of all time!

New
Feb 9, 8:07 AM
Jul 2022
#1: Attack on Titan
#2: Hunter x Hunter
(None are in order from here on out)
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Dorohedoro
5. Yotsuba-to
6. The Seven Deadly Sins
7. Mob Psycho 100
8. Jojo
9. Naruto
10. OG Dragon Ball

Very close honorable mentions:
Chainsaw Man
Berserk
Fire Force
Tokyo Ghoul

I hope my taste isn't terrible but let me know if it is or isn't
“๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐š๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐…๐š๐ฒ๐ž. ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐’๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง, ๐ˆ’๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ.”

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 9, 8:20 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
How old are you? If you're over 25 and still think shounen anime are good, I have bad news for you.
Feb 9, 8:27 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
How old are you? If you're over 25 and still think shounen anime are good, I have bad news for you.
@BigBoyAdvance 19 im a shonen addict tho ive been watching/reading more shoujos and seinens recently. also dont people still enjoy shonens if theyre older?
“๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐š๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐…๐š๐ฒ๐ž. ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐’๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง, ๐ˆ’๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ.”

Feb 9, 8:27 AM

Sep 2016
~8 of 10 taste, no need to worry about it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 9, 12:29 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Theta7274
@BigBoyAdvance 19 im a shonen addict tho ive been watching/reading more shoujos and seinens recently. also dont people still enjoy shonens if theyre older?
Theta7274 said:
also dont people still enjoy shonens if theyre older?

Yes. Please don't take the "age talk" seriously, by that logic everyone here is too old to be "watching cartoons".

I don't have much to say about your taste (don't really watch Shounen), except that it's great that you're going for more non-Shounen stuff. When you want to talk about "good"/"bad" taste, people seem to care about variety, too.
Feb 9, 12:40 PM
Jun 2021
It's not terrible, but I'll say it sounds "basic". You're still quite young so hopefully you'll find your own groove that's not merely popular and/or highly rated titles.
Here's a tip for you: Don't consult the top list here and/or YouTubers when thinking what to watch. You need to think thematically instead. What that means is you need to transpose your taste in other media into anime. For example, if you like sci-fi stuff then sci-fi anime are (obviously) the right direction to differentiate yourself towards. Same for fantasy, comedy, romance etc.
Hot Blood saves lives.

Oct 2018
Attack on Titan, Mamatsu no Papai, Naruto... Jesus man.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

Mar 2019
You've completed 107 anime. You do not have a large enough sample size to draw from for any sort of top (or bottom) list to be meaningful when it comes to representing your taste.

Incomplete/10.
AniMarterFeb 9, 12:55 PM
Feb 9, 12:52 PM

Oct 2020
Pretty solid, haven't seen a lot of these shows, but still...
to me, an 8 out of 10.
And don't worry about people thinking you have terrible taste
Feb 9, 12:53 PM

May 2021
just okayish. Csm, aot, JOJO, berserk I understand, but fire force? man whatttt?!
Feb 9, 1:07 PM
Nov 2017
Got a few goodies to balance out all the other basic stuff, and since you're 19 I'll give it a pass.

Barely legal/10
Feb 9, 1:17 PM
Nov 2015
7/10

Need a few more non-mainstream/less popular anime to round out that list.
Feb 9, 3:48 PM
Jul 2016
I don't feel qualified to judge since I've only watched a couple of those shows, but based on your list I must say, you're a very VERY brave man

Feb 9, 4:24 PM
Apr 2022
only watched 5 out of 10 shows, the list is a bit too shouneny but there are some good ones, so 7/10
Feb 9, 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Do what you enjoy/10

Seriously, why would you even want this?
Feb 9, 5:14 PM
Jun 2019
Bruh, majority of these people replying to your list are lame as fuck. If you only wanna watch popular or shonen anime, that's perfectly fine. Don't let these losers pressure you into watching stuff you're not interested in. The entire point of watching anime is to have fun, not fulfilling a certain made-up quota of anime you need to watch in order to have a valid OPINION. Not giving a rating because it's your list, not anybody else's. Don't look for other people's approval when it comes to watching anime, you'll enjoy anime more that way.
Feb 9, 6:53 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to TheBasicAnimeFan
Bruh, majority of these people replying to your list are lame as fuck. If you only wanna watch popular or shonen anime, that's perfectly fine. Don't let these losers pressure you into watching stuff you're not interested in. The entire point of watching anime is to have fun, not fulfilling a certain made-up quota of anime you need to watch in order to have a valid OPINION. Not giving a rating because it's your list, not anybody else's. Don't look for other people's approval when it comes to watching anime, you'll enjoy anime more that way.
@TheBasicAnimeFan I get what you are saying but the whole post it's him asking for acknowledgement so yeah people are gonna judge it. If he wouldn't care about the opinions of others his post would have go in another tangent.
Feb 9, 7:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pretty good. Haven't watched naruto or dragon ball and never will, but I approve of everything else as being in your top 10. Except for 7 deadly sins lol

You don't really see dorohedoro in people's top 10's so that's cool to see

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 9, 7:28 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
~8 of 10 taste, no need to worry about it.
@Zarutaku oh tysm!
i have a lot of ppl here bashing on my basic taste which is fair but i still appreciate it haha..

Feb 9, 7:30 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to TheMechaManiac
It's not terrible, but I'll say it sounds "basic". You're still quite young so hopefully you'll find your own groove that's not merely popular and/or highly rated titles.
Here's a tip for you: Don't consult the top list here and/or YouTubers when thinking what to watch. You need to think thematically instead. What that means is you need to transpose your taste in other media into anime. For example, if you like sci-fi stuff then sci-fi anime are (obviously) the right direction to differentiate yourself towards. Same for fantasy, comedy, romance etc.
@TheMechaManiac Thank you i'll highly consider that since im actually a pretty big mystery and sci-fi kinda guy

Feb 9, 7:31 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Phosphophyllita
Attack on Titan, Mamatsu no Papai, Naruto... Jesus man.
@Phosphophyllita ay dont diss attack on titan or naruto. i get 7ds tho. even as a fan of both the anime and manga i can see the many flaws it has. but aot and naruto are so good. to each their own ig

Feb 9, 7:32 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to AniMarter
You've completed 107 anime. You do not have a large enough sample size to draw from for any sort of top (or bottom) list to be meaningful when it comes to representing your taste.

Incomplete/10.
@AniMarter tru tru that's been on my mind a bit. been expanding to more seinens, romances, shoujos etc. hopefully soon enough ill have a more broad anime belt on me

Feb 9, 7:33 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Zimmu
just okayish. Csm, aot, JOJO, berserk I understand, but fire force? man whatttt?!
@Zimmu it aint in my top 10 but i really like it. apart from the stupid amount of fanservice i dig the manga a lot. i swear they put crack in that manga it's so damn good.

Feb 9, 7:36 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to TheBasicAnimeFan
@TheBasicAnimeFan oh tyy :(
i wont let it get to me but i have just on my own been expanding to other genres. had a random urge to put out my T10 and did it lol

Feb 9, 7:37 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to BetaMaleUltra
Pretty good. Haven't watched naruto or dragon ball and never will, but I approve of everything else as being in your top 10. Except for 7 deadly sins lol

You don't really see dorohedoro in people's top 10's so that's cool to see
@BetaMaleUltra :o naruto and OG dragon ball are so good. halfway through dbz and personally i really dont like it, just dont watch that at all imo. also scissor seven is amazing thats probably in my top 20

Feb 9, 7:49 PM

Aug 2020
Here's how I would rank them:

1. Mob Psycho 100 (12th on my all-time anime ranking)
2. Berserk manga
3. AoT (17th)
3. JoJo part 3 (49th)
4. Berserk 1997 (59th)
5. Cowboy Bebop (78th)
6. JoJo pt 2 (85th)
7. Hxh 1999 (103rd)
8. Fire Force (153rd)
9. JoJo pt 1 (194th)
10. JoJo pt 4 (195th)
11. CSM (211th)
12. JoJo pt 6 (218th, only watched the 1st cour tho)

I needa rewatch JoJo pt 5 as well as Dorohedoro but the latter'd probably be between JoJo pt 2 and Fire Force. Haven't seen/read the rest.

And this thread's gonna get locked anyway..
Feb 9, 8:19 PM

Sep 2022
I have only seen a few of these anime, but I would give it a 10/10 since it's your own unique taste and what you like.
Feb 9, 8:55 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Theta7274
@Zarutaku oh tysm!
i have a lot of ppl here bashing on my basic taste which is fair but i still appreciate it haha..
@Theta7274 Basic does not equal to bad by any means. I personally question SDS and Fire Force but it’s a solid top 10 and it’s yours and yours alone in the end, plus Dorohedoro appearing is pretty cool :)
Feb 9, 9:49 PM

Feb 2020
Well, I only care about Cowboy Bebop tbh. :)

Feb 9, 9:53 PM

Feb 2021
6.5/10 imo. Not necessarily what I enjoy but pretty good I think. AOT and CSM are my favorites on the list, they were good.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Feb 9, 10:26 PM

Aug 2012
Your taste is basic, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. You do you.
Feb 9, 11:21 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2.ใ€€Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    d.ใ€€personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts
      e.g.ใ€€Rate my list/favorites, Post your ___ and I'll rate it, review and/or rant texts about an anime, etc.
      These topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea (or vice versa).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 1 hour ago

11 by Elitar »»
5 minutes ago

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - 9 hours ago

21 by Coaghim »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you encountered any waifus that you can ogle 24 hours a day and still not get bored [there are a few]?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

9 by BerriesSan »»
8 minutes ago

» Try describing a lawful, neutral, or chaotic good protagonist or two who would totally be troublesome should he/she/they turn into a villain, without telling us who or which anime or manga, or any other fictional works.

IAmOdie - 4 hours ago

2 by ZeroMajor12 »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Apr 26

40 by ZeroMajor12 »»
29 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.