Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
boxing match and implied gay sex lol
Feb 8, 10:27 AM
Feb 2017
This show gets the Newhart finale with obari waking up (next to pipimi and popuko) and realizing it was all a dream.
Feb 8, 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
There was absolutely nothing gay about that boxing match. These were two men expressing their burning passions to each other. I can't imagine anything straighter than that.
Feb 8, 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to AZakuII
There was absolutely nothing gay about that boxing match. These were two men expressing their burning passions to each other. I can't imagine anything straighter than that.
@AZakuII lol true

but also for the waifu lovers hibiki and miyu are sexy hot
Feb 8, 10:53 AM
Sep 2015
I always tell myself not to get my hope up when I see a tease like this. I want to send a feedback that the same old fanservice trick can't satisfy me anymore. Among mecha genre, this anime seems to sit somewhere between Promare and Legend of the Blue Wolves but I want it to lean forward to the latter than the former.
Feb 8, 10:58 AM
Jul 2016
I always look forward to the homoerotic shenanigans in this show. Episodes 3 and 4 were good, but episode 5 got right back on track. Bravern's being an understanding boyfriend in this episode (Isami and Bravern are soulmates <3).

Lots of humor this episode. Bravern is 3D-printing his own merchandise. He's pulling out a boom mic to broadcast the boxing match. Oh god, that boxing match lmao. I think Isami and Smith got to second base lol. And Lulu is stronger than both of them haha.

And the after credits scene where the evil robot is using the same gibberish that Lulu has been speaking this entire time!

Great episode 👏 👌 👍
Feb 8, 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
This show would be much shorter if Isami would just let Smith screw his brain out as they clearly want.

Also Bravern is like 90% Smith from the future or some shit.

Feb 8, 11:27 AM
Jan 2017
I saw the PV for this week's episode expecting a battle,

it was a battle alright, but it was a battle between men...

the PV segment is that small part after the ED...

Still I love this episode
Feb 8, 1:05 PM

Dec 2018
awesome fight; sometimes men have to work things out in different ways. i thought it was a beautiful show of friendship.
Feb 8, 2:45 PM

Oct 2022
getting tetsu inada just for him to grunt nonsense is... unusually on-brand for this show. we've got 7 episodes left to get through 6 big bad guys which also makes me skeptical this is really going to be just one 12 episode season. either this changes gear to become a total speedrun all the way to the end or they're winding up to reveal there's more of it.
fgsfds
Feb 8, 4:14 PM

Mar 2020
That scene where Isami-kun can feel Smith-kun's thing was funny.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 8, 5:17 PM

Oct 2020
At about 1:20 in the OP, we see Lewis and Isami in a ruined city during sunset.
They're in their original mechs, and Isami seems pretty happy to see Lewis. This isn't the scene from the first episode, he shut down Lewis then. There's nothing to hide from the audience. We know Bravern exists so why is Isami in his original mech?

This is the original timeline we're seeing. It cuts directly to Bravern after Isami and Lewis clasp hands. Lewis is Bravern.

Also the fact that Bravern’s design looks suspiciously like the tokusatsu hero Lewis was watching with Lulu.

Feb 8, 5:26 PM
Jan 2013
Disappointed that the Japan fight didn't start yet

Feb 8, 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
This show is so fucking stupid. I love it. Bravern having Shinn Asuka's VA adds an extra layer of cheese.
Feb 8, 11:32 PM

Sep 2021
Such a passionate episode!

I loved the ending with the happy family. Daddy, the other Daddy, their alien daughter and their pet robot!

The Fujoshi scenes was brilliant too!
Feb 8, 11:42 PM

Jul 2017
Operation Uprising to save Japan, Isami and Bravern will lead the operation as per usual, but they got a week to recuperate before the actual operation. But even with heavy hearts, they still have to eat heartily, and Bravern can always catch up to Isami if the need calls for it. And as much as Bravern could only so things for Isami, Lewis has also things he could do for him. And a 3D printer that Bravern has made for his own creations, Lewis has an idea.

And his idea...is to call on a boxing match between him and Isami, though they had quite the gay sex lol, with Miyu heating her Fujoshi senses. Bravern with his boom mic anchoring their words and fists of exchange, hopefully the message got to him.

An infused gay boxing match, the manservice goes a hump top this episode.
Feb 9, 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
the boxing match was so GAY oh gosh! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
3/5.
matias067Feb 9, 12:16 AM

Feb 9, 2:14 AM

Jan 2019
Maybe my favourite episode so far, love the energy Lulu brings to the show!

Feb 9, 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
The militaries just let Bravern just have his own quarters in the carrier with a hyper dimensional 3D printer (where did he get it?). He also knows the Tokusatsu show Smith likes.

Lulu was alien spawn. No surprise the invaders speak her gagapi language. Now she has more cognitive abilities, will her true purpose awaken?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 9, 4:40 PM
Nov 2016
THE BEST "BOXING MATCH" IN ANIME/MANGA/MEDIA HISTORY!!!

THANK YOU JAPAN FOR THE MANSERVICE!!!
More hot male fanservice please (especially Lewis, and more homo moments with Isami too XD)
Feb 9, 6:16 PM

Jan 2010
The boxing match was glorious. You know the anime is catering to the fujoshi audience and I'm here for it.

I also agree with other's theories that Bravern is Smith from the future, where he lost his body and his consciousness got put into a mech. Their personalities are similar. Bravern acts like he's known Isami for a long time to feel so passionately towards him, gay subtext or not. Compare that with Smith in the current timeline, who is wanting to win Isami over and be bros. And then there's the fact that Braven wouldn't let Smith ride him.
Could be wrong about it all, but it would be an interesting twist.
Feb 10, 5:44 PM

Mar 2007
This episode just cemented this as the ultimate manliest manservice macho bullshit show of the season.

* Shirtless guys
* Boxing
* With side bet action
* Tom Skeritt (Top Gun) Referee parachuting in like a boss
* The 'clinch' with grinding
* Talking with their fists
* While being overheard by a giant boom mike

This just gets better and better, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 10, 6:42 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to dodoxdo97
THE BEST "BOXING MATCH" IN ANIME/MANGA/MEDIA HISTORY!!!

THANK YOU JAPAN FOR THE MANSERVICE!!!
More hot male fanservice please (especially Lewis, and more homo moments with Isami too XD)
@dodoxdo97 Same. 💯🔥
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 10, 8:52 PM
Jan 2009
I love that they made Bravern a giant-sized man cave where he gets to keep massive gundam-sized collectible figures. (@9:00)

Also, he has a gundam-sized replicator (hyper dimensional 3D printer) and he's using it to make models to paint rather than building weapons.
amf85Feb 10, 9:16 PM
Feb 11, 12:49 AM
Mar 2018
I found this episode to be pretty boring, overall; especially the first half. The rest was better, thanks in particular to the boxing match and the few laughs it brought.

Lulu's "Heat Beam" was pretty cool. x)
Feb 11, 1:21 PM

Oct 2018
Miyu during the boxing match is literally me lol
Feb 11, 8:49 PM
Dec 2021
this was a strange episode, there was a big yuri moment that was just so forced. The only bit that I enjoyed was seeing what Bravern was crafting.
Feb 15, 3:28 AM
Sep 2023
The show seems very promising so far.
Feb 19, 4:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I can feel it..........

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 22, 1:41 AM

Nov 2020
I'll never get tired of Lulu squealing xD Miyu likes yaoi haha. Another good episode👌
Feb 29, 5:32 AM

Oct 2017
Good ol fist fight to settle matters and hey look it's another ga ga pi, Lulu's brother?
Mar 9, 7:46 PM

Feb 2019
no ordinary human will win against Lulu. and post-credit scene revealed that Lulu is indeed a part of the invaders. now HOW will she react once they reach Japan and she comes face to face with her people? And whoa...that boxing match there...the mechanic girl knew what was happening and got excited lol
Mar 9, 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
Jin_uzuki said:
Also Bravern is like 90% Smith from the future or some shit.

That thought did cross my mind too. I wondered if Bravern was a future version of Smith, hence why he is so hung-up on Isami and only Isami can enter him lol
Mar 21, 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
So we finally get the first sex scene between Isami and Smith. Thanks Japan.
Apr 5, 7:14 PM

Jan 2017
Just the boys having a boxing match to discuss their differences, totally normal amirite?
Apr 21, 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to FragmantLemon
Just the boys having a boxing match to discuss their differences, totally normal amirite?
FragmantLemon said:
Just the boys having a boxing match

the old man really said " No referee? I gotta do it. I'm the only one with a mustache"

More topics from this board

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

12 by nick_el_son »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 28

48 by JizzyHitler »»
Apr 23, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 10 Discussion

bboy_OatsnRice - Mar 14

23 by Alzeana »»
Apr 22, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 18

74 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 5:26 PM

» PEAK FCKING FICTION

Neo_Randomz - Mar 30

4 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.