Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 6:09 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to HeroforFun23
Is it only me noticed that the hunters are too dumb they don't even use their brains and they relying on MC too much for impression
@HeroforFun23
Yeah, this is straight out from the trope of those self insert pandering light novels.
"Everyone is idiots except me"

Check my full analysis in page 3 of the discussion.
Jan 13, 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
I agree that all this would have been more effective as a 1-hour premiere.
That said, this sure was a fun second episode. Lots of NPCs died in very over-the-top ways to keep average viewers entertained and gotta say overall animation looked really good as well.
By the way, MC's voice actor sure did a wonderful job this episode. I can tell he really delivered that "everyone is shit except me" vibe.
Jan 13, 6:17 PM
Dec 2021
SHT.....................................................................WHAT IN THE HELL DID I WITNESS?? 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Feb 2012
I was waiting for that smile and it was soooooooooooo good. Episode 2 and adaptation still going strong.
Feb 2020
It seems everyone who read the manhwa agrees a long special episode would have been more effective like they did for Oshi no ko which suffered the same "very slow start" problem. The real story will begin with episode 4 if they keep this speed. I only hope people will not drop it before the good part starts :)
-
I'm only a bit disappointed about how they animated THAT smile. It's good but could have been better...
Now A-1 has only one VERY IMPORTANT JOB: Do not fu** up with "that word". If they don't give it (at least) the same "I'm atomic" vibes, I may even drop it lol
Jan 13, 6:19 PM
Jul 2021
The best anime now
Jan 13, 6:32 PM
May 2023
the opening was a banger in animation and tempo of song, considering the opening using second part of the full song from Hiroyuki Sawano

so the are the rules in the dungeon and only Jin-Woo is the first to realize the way to clearing the dungeon. so just want to ask
in last commandment , 'believe in God', the have to be in the middle of dungeon and all red and blue flames lighting up and monsters attacking them at the same
does the blue flame represent time that they need to hold on from the attacks and if they survived not leaving the circle, they are getting rewards as in this case, only Jin-Woo getting that?
Jan 13, 6:37 PM

Feb 2020
This show really would've benefited from releasing 3 episodes at the same time instead of 1 episode because mannn I can't with this cliffhanger. I need to know what happens
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 6:47 PM
May 2017
Wow that voice acting gave me goosebumps. I don't know anything about this story but I like what's happened so far.
Jan 13, 6:50 PM
May 2021
the anticipation is insane
Jan 13, 7:11 PM

Jan 2022
The OP was really good! That was the shortest episode ever, how did it go by that fast? I'm so frustrated!! I just want to binge this *cries* I feel like he's going to say yes and somehow in the end he gets godlike skills and becomes S-ranked. I'm calling that right now. Oh man, this was intense! All the blood and gore, holy heck its wild. I was really hoping they would stop the torture but it seems like he got stabbed before the blue flame went out. I think he's going to get completely healed though since he did indeed show his faith to god.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 13, 7:14 PM
Mar 2015
He passed the test with less than 1 second to spare
Jan 13, 7:17 PM

Mar 2007
Holy cow I was NOT expecting the rivers of blood, WTH!!!

Does this anime have a gore tag? I mean, barf! Poor guy left behind, and sliced and chopped and pierced.

And then dun dun dun, the game screen with accept or die in 0.2 seconds.

Wow. Only wish they'd made this one of those 40 minute first episode types like Oshi No Ko did last season.
Jan 13, 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
This episode slapped. Animation stepped up. Getting hooked.
sic mundus
Jan 13, 7:33 PM
Apr 2023
Ah finally! That epic face appeared! Time for cinderella to enter the ball.
Jan 13, 7:42 PM
May 2020
So good! I was impressed. Was honestly anxious that the studio wouldn’t do solo leveling justice but was pleasantly surprised. The animation, voice acting, soundtrack were all on point. It was gorey and didnt censor anything which helps you to feel more of the despair the characters were feeling. So excited to see the next episode.
Jan 13, 7:49 PM
Jul 2023
this anime is peak
Jan 13, 8:10 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to DmonHiro
This.... was trash. Nothing really happened AGAIN. The only people who are hyping this trash up are people who've already read the thing. The artwork was the only thing it had going for it anyway. At least they're gonna rush the shit out of the first 50 chapters. Doubt this will get a 2nd season.
@DmonHiro completely agree.

This was supposed to be a realistic take on Isekai worlds merging.
People are born with potential,
but now the MC has a gamer option menu?
So this whole thing is just a game and he the only person, the NPC who has awakened?
Wtf trash is that
Jan 13, 8:22 PM

Oct 2021
This is the best and worst part about SL, best because SL is pretty much peaked here, worst because it bait you with something more than just another power fantasy.
Jan 13, 8:25 PM

May 2019
From reading some comments the "real" story starts after this episode so I'm looking forward to that because so far I don't get all the hype. Don't get me wrong, the gore and animation are on point but these in 2 episodes it's only been the MC in a dungeon where he went from the weakest member to suddenly being the one everyone was looking at for advice (at least they mostly listened despite him being an E-rank adventurer) to then being the last one left to die.

I agree with others that said these 2 episodes would've been better combined, oh well.
Jan 13, 8:25 PM

Nov 2015
adaptation seems well paced, i wonder how far we will get in only 12 episodes. the endings visuals are a vibe had to rewatch that
Jan 13, 8:28 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What another incredible episode. Looking forward to next weeks episode 👍
Jan 13, 8:33 PM
Feb 2020
VAs going hard in this episode
Jan 13, 8:36 PM
Aug 2015
First of all, even knowing how this episode would end, it got me on the edge of my seat the whole time. A standing ovation for the sound and music designer, they transmitted the whole stress perfectly with the music and sound effects

On second place, to people saying how could the other hunters panicking and not following orders or whatever, did you completely forgot they are Independent Hunters? They are not part of a squad or guild, they will obviously wouldn´t have the discipline to overcome this situation. At best, they are C or D hunters and had face enemies at that scale of power, they are not accustomed to face this level of power.

Which plays in favor of the MC because, as the weakest hunter ever, he faces situations of death or live every time he goes on a dungeon (even on the weakest dungeon against goblins, he got injured which is stated to been believed impossible in the previous chapter), I would that the Leader f the group as an experience B Hunter could have done better sine he has experience in higher levels dungeon BUT even he realize that the Statues are so much powerful than what he has face off
Jan 13, 8:51 PM
Aug 2022
So this was a great episode, the last part though had me like “oh so this is where the levelling stuff comes from” and I guess to me it seems like he’s gonna be in what I thought he would be from the start which is like an SAO isekai game world? I’d like to be wrong.

I know even manhua readers have said it’s kinda carried the hype and art style but I do hope it has some sort of interesting plot rather than simply what the name implies. I don’t need anything amazing, just something kinda cool. Otherwise I may drop, I love crazy good action, hype and pretty animation as much as the next person but without an interesting plot and characters behind it I don’t care for it long.

So I like it so far, especially this episode (the latter half was great) but I hope it can keep me hooked and isn’t as simplistic as I’ve seen a lot of people claim.
Jan 13, 9:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright they finished right at the very beginning when Jinwoo accept the sketchy notification. Ofc he touch that 'yes' button. Otherwise this is not Solo Levelling. But Solo Ending.

Looks like the anime pacing way faster than i anticipate. But this is for the better honestly, and let's get done to the best arc already...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 9:13 PM
Jul 2020
I knew the adaptation couldn't be as good as the webtoon or the web novel, but this is ridiculous.
Jan 13, 9:19 PM
Sep 2021
i cant wait for the next episode, they really have a bad habit of leaving a cliffhanger at every episodes end
Jan 13, 9:24 PM

Dec 2022
okay yeah that ending grabbed me. i'm not going to cheat. i'm not going to look at the manga and find out what happens. i want to experience the epic slop
Jan 13, 9:31 PM

Feb 2012
Loved it! Really got Gantz vibes from this episode...

Jan 13, 9:36 PM
Dec 2015
SO GOOD, animation is amazing and the story is very intriguing. keeps me super attentive!
Jan 13, 9:42 PM

Jul 2022
Holy beauty, I just saw it, I said it and I'll say it again, the adaptation is very beautiful

The Opening and Ending are spectacular
Jan 13, 9:49 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to GerHelfen
First of all, even knowing how this episode would end, it got me on the edge of my seat the whole time. A standing ovation for the sound and music designer, they transmitted the whole stress perfectly with the music and sound effects

On second place, to people saying how could the other hunters panicking and not following orders or whatever, did you completely forgot they are Independent Hunters? They are not part of a squad or guild, they will obviously wouldn´t have the discipline to overcome this situation. At best, they are C or D hunters and had face enemies at that scale of power, they are not accustomed to face this level of power.

Which plays in favor of the MC because, as the weakest hunter ever, he faces situations of death or live every time he goes on a dungeon (even on the weakest dungeon against goblins, he got injured which is stated to been believed impossible in the previous chapter), I would that the Leader f the group as an experience B Hunter could have done better sine he has experience in higher levels dungeon BUT even he realize that the Statues are so much powerful than what he has face off
@GerHelfen Nah that's an ass excuse they have many years of experience plus their age yet they can't decipher a simple instruction. "Everybody is dumb except the MC" trope again and again.
Jan 13, 9:50 PM
Jun 2013
This should have been a 1 hour special episode, not divided in 2, the 1st episode is just super generic while the 2nd episode makes up for everything bland at first.
Jan 13, 10:02 PM
Jul 2023
as it was a roller coaster rider. it was filled with action , emotion and mystery
Jan 13, 10:03 PM
May 2023
episode 2 was really amazing episode
Jan 13, 10:05 PM
Apr 2022
This episode was on a whole other level! The famous face had been animated that I've seen all over the Internet. Can see what the Hype is all about!
Jan 13, 10:12 PM

Apr 2015
Well this episode alone solidified Solo Leveling as the manhwa getting the best anime adaptation so far, unless they pull a GOHS and shit on the pacing later on, but I'm like....99% sure that won't happen. Can't believe people are still complaining about the adaptation, I'd do anything to have Tower of God get this good of an adaptation.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 13, 10:15 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty brutal episode, a lot of death and people just getting whacked by funky dungeon mechanics, with the survivors probably coming out with serious forms of PTSD.

Honestly round of applause to Jin-Woo, he kept an incredibly well levelled head in the entire situation. Literally saw people get vaporised and cleaved in two and still managed to semi control the situation and figure out the mechanics of the dungeon, bigger round of applause after he got his leg cleanly separated and still figured out the last part of the puzzle, i would not of thought that would of been the mechanic at the end.
Sucks that his reward for surviving all of it was having to choose the shortest straw and suffering an incredibly brutal beat up, like actually wild the statues couldn't give him a clean death, and instead threw him around like a dog toy till he broke.

Ending was sad and also interesting, turns out it really was a secret dungeon huh. A lot of Jin-Woo's hate came out in his last moments which is honestly understandable, the talk about always being the weakest and the flashbacks of the betrayals kinda gave me antag vibes idk why lol. The menu pop up at the last second looked interesting, i have no clue what a question about being a "player" could involve but i'm looking forward to it.
If Jin-Woo does pull through somehow, I kinda hope he comes out more as an anti hero of sorts.
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Oct 2020
He just want one more chance.
He realised how selfish people are. Only one person caring about him won't help.

He already knew how cruel the world is, but he finally admitted that.
He wants to live.
He wants to live.
He don't deserve it.

10/10 adaptation. Those uncensored killing are much needed.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jan 13, 10:22 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Epic episode.
Is this where he gets stronger? OwO (never read the manwha nor have time for it)
That girl failed to be a heroine. Darn it. She was also a cute one... and had a crush on MC... 😖

I'm not hyping it but someone said "there's no development, AGAIN", I beg to disagree because something did happen, and a lot of it in fact. lmao

P.S. I prefer the Japanese Dub (since it went up first) but they still use the Korean? names for the characters. (I'm fine either way)

@Yuyu1ch1 I'd like to correct you, it's "That devil-like smile is creepy" 😏
@astralkill00
NO SPOILERS TBH, YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS IG.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jan 14, 2:50 AM
Jan 13, 10:26 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to pbbuiter
Absolutely horrific in all the right ways. Unfortunately as a manwha reader this is also the best string of chapters in the entirety of Solo Leveling, so it doesn't really get better than this.
@pbbuiter how so not true. I agree this is fabulous.

But Jeju Island is better. Infact the best arc tbh.

Then the Monarch's introduction was fantastic as well, it was definitely rushed. But the introduction was goddamn VIP.
Jan 13, 10:28 PM
Jan 2022
Wow like I don't even know what to say. I can not wait to see more animation of this manhwa I am super impressed so far!
Jan 13, 10:35 PM
Sep 2020
Ok, it seems solo leveling is not going to have a super well-made, impressive adaptation. I know, it's surely good, but I think it deserved better. The design is kinda meh, the scrip and "story telling choices" (I don't know the word for that in english) could be better. Jesus, this is probably the most popular manhwa nowadays, it should get a chainsaw man level of production.

But still, the main "problem" was they didn't make the 1sd ep as much impactable as it should have been. The world explanations should be in this ep, and THE SMILE should be at the 1sd one, or just do a 50 min ep, all animation was done already.

Although it isn't perfect, it's good anyway of course, i'ma continue watching and liking it. But u know, I do see a little of potential going away for dumb production decisions...
Jan 13, 10:50 PM

Apr 2009
...and the crappy tutorial we called real life is over for him, so he's really playing now!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 13, 11:18 PM
Oct 2023
GREAT ADAPTATION OF THE WEBTOON AND A-1 PICTURES DID AN AMAZING JOB SHOWING THE BRUTALITY DEPICTED IN THE MAHNWA PANELS IN THE 2ND EP.
Jan 13, 11:19 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to gtetrakai
Two episodes in and we still don't have the main story hook explained to the view.

What in the actual f**k!? And this is only a 12 episode season? This is giving me vibes of a rushed final couple episodes already.
@gtetrakai 2 parts bro, total 25 episodes of s1
Oct 2023
GREAT ADAPTATION OF THE WEBTOON AND A-1 PICTURES DID AN AMAZING JOB SHOWING THE BRUTALITY DEPICTED IN THE MAHNWA PANELS IN THE 2ND EP.

Jul 2008
So obviously he's going to survive this...
Jan 13, 11:20 PM
Apr 2021
nice adaptaion anime
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling's Hype

Arminken - 7 hours ago

15 by THE_UNKILLED777 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

357 by Skippu__ »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.