Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
This was so intense especially the scenes in the dungeon. However, this episode also showed a side of Jin-Wo as he realizes there are rules in that dungeon.

Episode also captured the despair and human emotions of the cast too. It felt hopeless as everyone is just trying to leave. Jin-Wo is definitely an important member of the group though, even if he's not that strong. I also find it kinda interesting they occasionally switch segments between this and scenes at school. They're also keeping the tone of the show viable including the bloodshed and just overall style. Another great episode.
Jan 13, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
I don't know, but it just feels like this would have been more effective as a one-hour premiere for the first episode. Oh well.

OP with visuals this time, and wow, it looks stunning. I've only gone through around 50 chapters, but there are so many spoilers, it's unbelievable. And krage's ED. Just perfection. Love it.

Jinwoo and his companions were conquering a low-level dungeon when they ventured further and stepped into a temple-like dungeon they had never seen before. There, they encountered three commandments and monsters that bordered on despair, surpassing mere fear. In a scene where companions were falling one after another due to monstrous entities shaped like idols, Jinwoo and the others found themselves helpless. Amidst the swirling themes of death and mystery, Jinwoo discovered a escape route.

I was totally drawn into this episode sequence. The vibe, animation, and soundtrack all nailed it towards the end. It left me giggling and pumped for what's coming next. I totally get why novel and webtoon readers are so into it. Solo Leveling had this unique thing going back when it came out, but because of that, there are tons of similar stories out there now. Given that, I think the anime's opening could've been adjusted a bit to fit today's vibe, focusing more on what makes Solo Leveling, well, Solo Leveling. Also I'm pretty sure Jinwoo's sister wasn't introduced this early but oh well. But god damn that shit got brutal near the end. Solo Leveling getting the adaption it deserves.

Jinwoo has completed a quest? Oh boy this is where it starts to get good.

Jan 13, 7:28 AM

May 2020
All of sudden Jin Woo’s stocks are high, and I mean why not, it was his call back then which saved quite a few lives from that death beam, but entirely relying on him, when he’s the so-called “weakest hunter to exist” is kind of stupid of that Song person. The boss statue with the most ominous smirk made the life of these a living hell, despite them revering him or praising him.

Felt for those people, I mean they just wanted to earn some extra cash, and that’s where it led them. And worst of all, they even started fighting among themselves too. But hey to get out of this gate, they need to defeat this main boss right? Though Jin Woo’s hypothesis of it being necessary for them to be at the centre, near the altar, was kind of true but who will tell those people I mean, the moment they saw an opportunity, they just started to run away.

One by one, leaving just Jin Woo, that girl and that person who was leading them, though hey him being the protag, of course he’d say something like you two ago and just leave me here, and so he did smh. All alone, surrounded by the titan statues, we saw the inevitable, he died, right at the altar…

… though that’d start his second chance in life. And this where the true solo leveling starts. Great follow-up episode.

Last time I didn’t see who was doing the opening, but of course this being korean, it’d be someone from korea too. Sounding like your regular kpop, as I mean TxT is doing it. Nice ED btw.

Just one small gripe, they didn't do the legendary meme justice at all lol.
Softhenic03Jan 13, 7:35 AM
Jan 13, 7:29 AM

Jan 2021
To avoid confusion about character names:
There are two versions of the Japanese dub.
If you watch on Crunchyroll or Netflix, you will hear the Korean spoken names, which were the original names for these characters.
However, if you watch the Live broadcast or on Amazon Prime Video, you will hear the Japanese spoken names, for those who read the Japanese version of the manhwa.
As a result, Japanese voice actors have to perform two takes, one for the Japanese names and another for the Korean names.
A-1 Pictures is doing justice to this series in order to appeal to different types of audiences.

The opening is so great! Hiroyuki Sawano himself, along with TOMORROW X TOGETHER, adds to the hype! The animation, cherry on top.
The ending theme by Krage, is incredibly beautiful and the visuals are stunning.
Taito Ban, the voice actor for the main character, is doing an amazing job!

During a D-Rank dungeon raid, E-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and his raid party stumble upon a double dungeon. They decide to investigate, but realize too late that it's a trap. They find themselves locked inside with no escape and surrounded by statues that kill them for the slightest mistake.
The episode effectively captures the despair and raw human emotions of the cast. It feels incredibly hopeless, as everyone is desperately trying to escape. Jin-Woo is definitely the mvp of the group, carrying everyone through all of those puzzles.

I found myself completely engrossed in this episode. The overall atmosphere, animation, and soundtrack all flawlessly culminate towards the end. The gore and brutality is remarkably well done.
This episode feels like reading the manhwa for the first time. I still remember how intense this arc was.

It's too early to make this statement, but considering what's shown and the pacing of the episodes, it's possible that A-1 Pictures is adapting Chugong's novel. This implies that the story will be better paced, and the characters and world-building will be more immersive. If A-1 Pictures can consistently produce episodes like this, then we are in for a treat.

By the way, there is an official Korean dub for this anime available on aniplus. The voice acting is on par with the Japanese voice actors. I can't wait for the Korean dub of episode 2 tomorrow.

Jin-Woo has completed a quest? This is where the show truly begins.
The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is definitely back!

That smile... That goddamn smile...
YuyuichiJan 16, 3:21 AM
Jan 13, 7:39 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to Yuyuichi
There are two versions of the Japanese dub.
If you watch on Crunchyroll or Netflix, you will hear the Korean spoken names, which were the original names for these characters.
However, if you watch the Live broadcast or on Amazon Prime Video, you will hear the Japanese spoken names, for those who read the Japanese version of the manhwa.
As a result, Japanese voice actors have to perform two takes, one for the Japanese names and another for the Korean names.
A-1 Pictures is doing justice to this series in order to appeal to different types of audiences.

The opening is so great! Hiroyuki Sawano himself, along with TOMORROW X TOGETHER, adds to the hype! The animation, cherry on top.
The ending theme by Krage, is incredibly beautiful and the visuals are stunning.
Taito Ban, the voice actor for the main character, is doing an amazing job!

During a D-Rank dungeon raid, E-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and his raid party stumble upon a double dungeon. They decide to investigate, but realize too late that it's a trap. They find themselves locked inside with no escape and surrounded by statues that kill them for the slightest mistake.
The episode effectively captures the despair and raw human emotions of the cast. It feels incredibly hopeless, as everyone is desperately trying to escape. Jin-Woo is definitely the mvp of the group, carrying everyone through all of those puzzles.

I found myself completely engrossed in this episode. The overall atmosphere, animation, and soundtrack all flawlessly culminate towards the end. The gore and brutality is remarkably well done.
This episode feels like reading the manhwa for the first time. I still remember how intense this arc was.

It's too early to make this statement, but considering what's shown and the pacing of the episodes, it's possible that A-1 Pictures is adapting Chugong's novel. This implies that the story will be better paced, and the characters and world-building will be more immersive. If A-1 Pictures can consistently produce episodes like this, then we are in for a treat.

By the way, there is an official Korean dub for this anime available on aniplus. The voice acting is on par with the Japanese voice actors. I can't wait for the Korean dub of episode 2 tomorrow.

Jin-Woo has completed a quest? This is where the show truly begins.
The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is definitely back!

@Yuyu1ch1 not only the names also scenes , check ep 1 jp vs global
Jan 13, 7:47 AM

Jan 2009
the op shows up to chapter 40-50 only eh

so ye they are not gonna rush this unlike god of high school
Jan 13, 7:52 AM
Aug 2022
Yuyu1ch1 said:
There are two versions of the Japanese dub. If you watch on Crunchyroll or Netflix, you will hear the Korean spoken names, which is the intended way to experience the series. However, if you watch the Live broadcast or on Amazon Prime Video, you will hear the Japanese spoken names, catering to those who read the Japanese version of the manhwa. As a result, Japanese voice actors have to perform two takes, one for the Japanese names and another for the Korean names. A-1 Pictures is doing justice to this series in order to appeal to different types of audiences.

The opening is exceptionally good! Hiroyuki Sawano himself, along with TOMORROW X TOGETHER, adds to the enjoyment. The animation is the cherry on top. Taito Ban, the voice actor for the main character, is doing an amazing job! The hype is real! The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is back!

During a D-Rank dungeon raid, E-Rank Hunter Sung Jinwoo and his raid party stumble upon a double dungeon. They decide to investigate, but realize too late that it's a trap. They find themselves locked inside with no escape and surrounded by statues that kill them for the slightest mistake. This episode feels reminiscent of reading the manhwa for the first time. I still remember how intense this arc was.

I cannot wait for more! The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is definitely back!

Thanks for clarification
Jan 13, 8:43 AM

Apr 2018
The opening is quite nice even though it is filled with major spoilers and it seems like it will be paced pretty well according to what's shown in it. Aside from that, it is the SMILE that finally got animated. Well yeah, he wouldn't be the MC if he died right there, but he did get a second chance to live. It's from now on that we will actually see SOLO LEVELING. An absolutely brutal episode with great soundtrack and animation. This is in good hands imo.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 13, 8:50 AM

Oct 2021
i can tell what type of vibe they were aiming for while creating opening and i totally got it.
Jan 13, 9:07 AM

Oct 2017
That was brutal af, damn. Specially the last part. But here it is, it's about to begin. The solo leveling begins here. Both OP/ED are cool btw.
Jan 13, 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
The OP is good!
Oh, that's the face I've seen in countless memes!
Damn, the scenes with people being smushed are actually quite detailed if you look frame by frame.
This is really good at making me feel actual despair. I'm always on edge.
The ED is amazing! It's so abstract and mysterious.
Reeeeally excited to see what's next now.
Jan 13, 9:13 AM

Dec 2022
Damn that smile, that fucking smile finally got animated!

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Jan 13, 9:22 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. This show is intense. I like it.

My only complaint is that this episode ended with a massive cliffhanger just like the last one. But it's probably a good thing. The pacing is really good and it's better that they didn't rush everything in one episode.

But I really would've preferred it if they made the first episode a movie like Frieren or Oshi no Ko. I think that would've been the best option.
Jan 13, 9:25 AM
Nov 2022
Amazing, exceeded my expectations after reading manahwa
Jan 13, 9:26 AM
Nov 2021
EPIC EPISODE, DIDNT RUSH A THING, ANIMATION TOP TIER THE ENDING AND OPENINGS ARE GREAT
Jan 13, 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
I really like both the OP & ED.

This episode was gruesome but so good. A-1 is killing it so far.
Jan 13, 9:30 AM

Jan 2020
Two episodes in and we still don't have the main story hook explained to the view.

What in the actual f**k!? And this is only a 12 episode season? This is giving me vibes of a rushed final couple episodes already.
Jan 13, 9:30 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to MegamiRem
That was brutal af, damn. Specially the last part. But here it is, it's about to begin. The solo leveling begins here. Both OP/ED are cool btw.
@MegamiRem I agree, I watch the uncensored version and gawt dayum. I would say more than the source (just for the sensitive part). Overall, as a manhwa reader, I love this eps.
Jan 13, 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
Solid first two episodes, definitely exceeded my expectations. Glad to see TXT singing the opening for it!
Jan 13, 9:39 AM

Apr 2022
well that's a predicament he found himself in

I hate that it keeps ending with cliffhangers
Jan 13, 9:41 AM
May 2022
Perfect, everything lines up w the manga so far and there music is fire!!!
Jan 2021
Was adapted nicely and voice-effects where bussing
Dec 2015
Absolutely horrific in all the right ways. Unfortunately as a manwha reader this is also the best string of chapters in the entirety of Solo Leveling, so it doesn't really get better than this.

Dec 2022
sung jinwoo became a player didnt think i would one day say this
anyway the intensity was just right this was much better than ep 1 i was at the end of my seat
Jan 13, 9:55 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to pbbuiter
Absolutely horrific in all the right ways. Unfortunately as a manwha reader this is also the best string of chapters in the entirety of Solo Leveling, so it doesn't really get better than this.
@pbbuiter best chapters of solo leveling? debatable I'd say. My opinion As also a manhwa reader, there are some other story points that equal / higher than this. don't want to spoil tho. But, yeah maybe one of the best part.
Jan 13, 9:55 AM
Apr 2023
holyyyy molyyyy what an fking episode truly an edge of seat experience!!!!
Jan 13, 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
cliff-hanger ending.

This episode was better than the first one in pretty much all aspects.
Jan 13, 9:58 AM
Sep 2021
It was insane. Ngl i got goosebumps
Jan 13, 10:00 AM
Jan 2023
BGM was so good goosebumps
Jan 13, 10:00 AM
Aug 2022
What an experience. The opening and ending are just sublime. This is everything and more I wanted it to be. A1 took the first episode and improved on every single aspect imagineable. I was immersed in this episode goddamn. If A1 can keep deliver this quality consistently, this will be anime of the season for sure.
Kinda wish they didn't end in the cliffhanger tho, still a great episode.
Jan 13, 10:02 AM

Aug 2022
Such an intense and amazing epsiode! I'm so excited for the next one!
Jan 13, 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
Much better episode than the first one, love the tension.

The OP and ED are great. looking forward the full version.
Jan 13, 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
Oh yea, now I'm definitely convinced that these first 2 episodes together as a double length premiere would have been the right call. Not to say the premiere was bad the way it was, but imagine seeing this in the 2nd half with it ending the way it did. Definitely would have been a great way to keep people hooked, especially anyone who may have been unimpressed with last week's ep and dropped this already as a result.

Man, that episode was brutal. Listening to Jinwoo's directions as they followed the commandments worked for a bit, but high emotions and terror in the face of death will always lead to sometimes irrational decisions. Ironically enough, the "weakest Hunter" put up the biggest fight, no matter how futile it was. Poor guy was being tossed around like a rag doll, I'm surprised he was able to remain conscious after losing all of that blood. But based on that cliffhanger, it looks like he's finally about to become super OP next ep. Can't wait for that. Also, I'm liking the OP and ED songs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 13, 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Still can’t get over having Sawano and TxT collab for an OP man 😭 this a dream come true. I can’t wait for the full OP and OST to be available

Back where we left off after last week’s cliffhangers and like we see all the time in life and death situations, either the best in people comes out or the worst, and in the case of this party it’s been the worst. Everyone turning against each other, bickering, pointing fingers etc. The reality is they’re all at fault for being dumb enough to go along with that stupid ass plan. The money drew them in and now they all were skeptics, gtfo

“Sorry about your arm, guess it’s just karma” lmaoooo imagine someone telling you some stupid shit like this after getting your arm cut off. Again, if you didn’t wanna go into the dungeon you could’ve spoken up or stayed behind.

Brutal scenes in there, A-1 ain’t hold back at all. Legs, feet, arms, mfs getting cleaved in half. This episode was a slaughterhouse. I expected Jin-Woo to get saved at the last second by some magical power, but nope. Loses his arm, leg and then gets ran thru by the statues, Jesus this was rough to watch.

I like how in the end, he doesn’t have some noble self sacrificing attitude and is in fact very angry that it had to be him to stay behind when he has shit he wants to live for. That’s real. Nobody really wants to take one for the team in that situation.. might sound good, but it’s definitely not how you really feel.

Another cliffhanger ending. He has the chance to be a player.. I wonder what that’s going to be about

P.S his sister’s hot
Marinate1016Jan 13, 10:23 AM
Jan 13, 10:06 AM

Aug 2021
So far it seems like it's not gonna be rushed, which is really amazing, I believe most of us were afraid of that happening.
Jan 13, 10:11 AM

Dec 2020
Well that was so an intense and brutal episode but yeah when jin-wo was not there some of these would not survive.
Well what a cliffhanger.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 13, 10:14 AM
Oct 2016
One of the most brutal dungeons I've ever seen. Sung just got put through hell at the end of that episode. By god this show doesn't hold back, I don't want to hear anyone whining about censorship because this episode massacred basically everyone that entered that dungeon without holding back. Those commandments really did hold the truth to how they could escape with their lives. Revere god, praise god, prove your faith to god. So many people died on the way to finding out exactly what those three steps meant. Either by falsely thinking they figured it out or by their own fear betraying them. Sung and the leader of their group really tried to get everyone out but man it just kept getting worse. That one guy with the two kids and wife waiting at home dying had to be the worst. Sung getting his leg, and later arm, chopped off was brutal too. Almost indescribable how insane that episode unfolded, but Sung staying there as the last left unlocked the thing that I think will lead to his rise in this world.
Jan 13, 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
It was a great episode. It's exactly same as Manhwa. I cant wait for next episode....!!!!!
Jan 13, 10:15 AM
Feb 2023
The 2 episodes are just phenomenal. Yes I agree both of them should have released together because wow this episode goes hard. I love how gory it is, something alot of studios are afraid of doing. It’s not afraid. The voice actor of Sung woo was great. Very few complaints so far like the pacing of first episode but this episode’s pacing was almost perfect in my eyes.

The opening promises artstyle and animation goodness. Looking forward how this goes but so far I am actually very impressed.
Jan 13, 10:17 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Really loving this adaptation!! I'm so hyped!! It makes me want to re-read the manhwa again!!

Wicked episode!! Some of these deaths were brutal!! Left off on quite the cliff-hanger too!!

That smile, though.

OP and ED were great!!
Jan 13, 10:27 AM
May 2021
Oiii thos ep was soo good! Perfect adaptation, just waiting for the level up soon 😗 op & ed slappp
Jan 13, 10:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
bloody episode again!!
In the last seconds appeared how a system or something, right?
I want more!!
kekeke
Jan 13, 10:37 AM
May 2023
brutal man.. liked the pacing although its only 12 episode, at this point season 2 is almost guaranteed i'd said. its not rushed like gohs. animation did justice too.
Jan 13, 10:38 AM
Nov 2021
So cool not 100% like Manwa [ i mean not like Manhwa like the Extra scenes ] the other things was like Manhwa
Jan 13, 10:39 AM
Jan 2023
Everything down to the minute details it was perfect. Really a best episode
Jan 13, 10:40 AM

Nov 2018
Loving this so far! The visuals for the OP are absolutely stunning. However, when it comes to the music, I liked the ED better. Seems like we're in for a perfect manhwa adaptation. Seriously, Can't wait!!!
Jan 13, 10:47 AM

Jan 2008
This.... was trash. Nothing really happened AGAIN. The only people who are hyping this trash up are people who've already read the thing. The artwork was the only thing it had going for it anyway. At least they're gonna rush the shit out of the first 50 chapters. Doubt this will get a 2nd season.
Jan 13, 10:48 AM
Mar 2021
same as the first ep
Jan 13, 10:48 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to ef-jey
@pbbuiter best chapters of solo leveling? debatable I'd say. My opinion As also a manhwa reader, there are some other story points that equal / higher than this. don't want to spoil tho. But, yeah maybe one of the best part.
ef-jey said:

@ef-jey I just don't really like self insert stories and at its core that is entirely what Solo Leveling is imo. Don't hate it or anything, but it's not nearly as well written as these first 2 episodes to me.
Jan 13, 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
SOLO LEVELING will air for 2 Split Cours (between 23-25 episodes) https://twitter.com/AniNewsAndFacts/status/1715746970260918587
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling's Hype

Arminken - Today

28 by xZabuzax »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

357 by Skippu__ »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.