Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
If you were left wanting more of My New Boss is Goofy from last season, then I've got just the perfect anime for you.

Meet Adachi Kiyoshi, a thirty-year-old who hasn't ventured into the realm of romantic relationships. In an unexpected twist, he discovers a unique ability to tune into people's thoughts through touch. During a chance encounter with his charming colleague, Kurosawa Yuichi, Adachi stumbles upon the revelation that Kurosawa has a significant crush on none other than Adachi himself. Brace yourselves for an impending wave of awkwardness as their story unfolds.

When I first saw this title, I was a bit skeptical – the main character gets mind-reading powers because of his virginity, which raised some concerns for me as someone who values healthy romances. I was afraid the main character might be treated poorly or made fun of. However, the story pleasantly surprised me. It doesn't mock Adachi for his virginity or suggest he's any less. (At least, not yet.) He's handled with respect, and the focus on consent and communication in the story really stood out to me. That's what made me genuinely enjoy this episode.

A BL in 2024, not something you see often these days, and we've got a seriously spicy one. This is gonna be a blast.

Jan 10, 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
@Sanjeevaniakeno, sadly nowhere yet.
Jan 10, 8:21 AM
Oct 2022
Okay guys, crunchyroll’s YouTube channel just posted the trailer of cherry maho and in the description, this is what it says!! On crunchyroll!!!😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 10, 8:26 AM
Apr 2021
Sanjeevaniakeno said:
Okay guys, crunchyroll’s YouTube channel just posted the trailer of cherry maho and in the description, this is what it says!! On crunchyroll!!!😭😭😭😭😭

so it's going to be on crunchyroll sometime today?
Jan 10, 8:30 AM
Oct 2022
SukunasRose said:
Sanjeevaniakeno said:

so it's going to be on crunchyroll sometime today?

I hope so, since they posted it on their YouTube channel, it should be there on crunchyroll sometime soon!😭😭😭😭😤😤😤
Jan 10, 8:31 AM
Apr 2021
if that's true your now my favorite person for sharing this news lmao
Jan 10, 8:44 AM
Jan 2009
I heard it'll be on Crunchyroll in 3 days!!!! they literally waited till the 0 hour to pick it up 😭 I have a will to live again
Jan 10, 8:49 AM
Oct 2022
SukunasRose said:
if that's true your now my favorite person for sharing this news lmao

😭😭 thankssss
Jan 10, 8:50 AM
Oct 2022
daikenkai said:
I heard it'll be on Crunchyroll in 3 days!!!! they literally waited till the 0 hour to pick it up 😭 I have a will to live again

3 days???????? Why😭!! I can’t wait that long. I’m losing my shit😭
Jan 10, 8:51 AM
Apr 2019
Been on the net searching for the past 15 min for this finally I see a ray of hope😭
Jan 10, 9:05 AM
Sep 2015
This is so sweet, though I'm wondering that if Kurosawa is virgin too (I assume) then what's his power. The answer may lie in the opening song sequnce but I'm not sure about that bird thing so I'll looking forward to seeing it in action.
Jan 10, 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Sanjeevaniakeno
@Sanjeevaniakeno, very good news! Thanks!
Jan 10, 9:35 AM
Apr 2021
GUYS ITS ON CRUNCHYROLL!!!!!
Jan 10, 9:45 AM

May 2017
I love the first episode! Its giving old shoujo anime with how they directing this, adachi and kurosawa are so cute ♡ i love the LA, so im curious how they gonna handling the anime ver, I can't wait how they gonna adapt the rest of the ep!
livexevilJan 10, 9:53 AM
Jan 10, 9:51 AM

Jun 2023
SukunasRose said:

wowwwwww 🥹🥲 thanks for sharing these 😭
Jan 10, 10:23 AM

Sep 2017
Be careful everyone, we're in the presence of peak BL 🥹🙏
Jan 10, 10:25 AM
Nov 2019
As a fan of the manga, it was very enjoyable. There were definately stilted shots in several places, but it didn't distract from everything else. The sub quality could've been better too.

I love those boys, their first interactions may have been awkward, but they have good chemistry. Kurosawa's internal thoughts and screams were great. Adachi was so cute and shy.
I gotta prise the varity in animation styles, from chibi to "bishounen version", they helped this episode feel dynamic.

Big props to whoever made OP and ED too, OP is something I wasn't expecting to see in a romcom, the symbolism was nice. ED looked very romantic(also I never knew I wanted to see Adachi in a wet T-shirt).

It was better than I expected! Looking forward to ep 2.
KoKoJin81Jan 10, 10:30 AM
Jan 10, 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
Sanjeevaniakeno said:
Where can I watch it? It hasn’t been picked up by any streaming services. Do I have to watch it illegally?😭

yeah you gotta watch it illegally. if you need some sites I can recommend some
Jan 10, 10:43 AM
Oct 2022
TasteOfRage8 said:
Sanjeevaniakeno said:
Where can I watch it? It hasn’t been picked up by any streaming services. Do I have to watch it illegally?😭

yeah you gotta watch it illegally. if you need some sites I can recommend some

It is out on crunchyroll. Thanks anyways!!
Jan 10, 11:35 AM
Jul 2021
really liked it tbh
Jan 10, 12:06 PM

Apr 2022
Finally a new BL that's more funny than dramatic!
Jan 10, 12:07 PM
Oct 2018
A not rapey BL so far so good its fluffy and cute and has an interesting twist to it. People who bomb lgbt anime on release make me sad but rest assured that so far it is amazing!!
Jan 10, 12:29 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
First episode was really good. Very cute start with a bit of a heartbreaking cliffhanger. I'm expecting the depressing vibe to be temporary, of course. The premise, though admittedly ridiculous, pays off through the comedy brought on by the mind reading.
Jan 10, 12:41 PM
Dec 2021
First BL I don't drop in the 1st ep since Given
This is good.
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Apr 2023
I was sceptical about this anime at first, but damn I loved this first episode! So cute and wholesome with some great parallels.
Jan 10, 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect to see something attempting to fill the void My Boss is Goofy left so quickly, especially not judging by the title. Not as ridiculously cute, but it has it's charm and it's actual BL.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
That was a nice 1st episode. But I feel so bad for Kurosawa. Everyone thinks he's that super-confident , cool guy, but really he's permanently scared to express his true feelings and doesn't know what to do. And Adachi simply isn't gay (as of now), so that's "bad", too. I hope Adachi simply tells Kurosawa that he's not gay but appreciates his feelings and then they can somehow become good friends without any deception.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 10, 1:42 PM
Jul 2016
I was not expecting the OP to look that good.

Anyway, super cute! Also super awkward.
Jan 10, 1:56 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to SukunasRose
@SukunasRose, great news!

redvelvetdoll, yes, we are!
Jan 10, 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
I love this so much already
Jan 10, 2:20 PM
Jul 2015
So wholesome and cute!
Jan 10, 2:23 PM

Nov 2019
They're so cute, definitely shaping up to be a top tier bl, and an office romance at that too yipee
Jan 10, 3:44 PM
Aug 2020
i was not hot to watch it because it's BL but i'm an open mind person...

it was better than expected, funny and i want to see how the things will go...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 10, 4:19 PM

Oct 2021
I've been waiting for this one! I saw some of the live action so when I saw it was getting an animation I've been looking forward! so glad it finally got picked up by a service

Candy Haul!

X5
Jan 10, 4:33 PM
May 2020
incrivel, perfeito, sem defeitos, bem animado, BONITO
Jan 10, 4:51 PM

Jun 2023
AAAHHH LOVE IT SO SO MUUUCCHHHH I'M OBSESSED 33333
Jan 10, 5:09 PM
Apr 2022
premise is reminiscent of the movie what women want, but it's what kurosawa wants. cute episode overall
Jan 10, 5:15 PM
May 2022
My New Boss is Goofy if it was GOOD (joking) fun little BL. They are cute and has a supernatural twist to it as well. MC with the added insecurity of not being in a relationship his entire life. And the stinger after the credits for whoever that guy is. Promising since there hasn’t been a ton of BL recently.
Jan 10, 6:57 PM

May 2017
This seems fun and cute 😍 great first episode.

also damn that boss for giving them an expired coupon, what a way to ruin the night lol
Jan 10, 7:35 PM

Mar 2010
Will never get tired of this story!! Enjoyed the episode. Happy to finally see them in anime form. Ending was cute! Looks like we are meeting someone new next episode.
Jan 10, 7:53 PM
Dec 2022
Y'all are really watching this (I'm talking to the guys)? Oh wow.
Jan 10, 8:15 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to CheliosX
Y'all are really watching this (I'm talking to the guys)? Oh wow.
@CheliosX Guys can like romcoms too. I don't see what's so strange about it.
Jan 10, 8:18 PM
Dec 2022
KoKoJin81 said:

I didn't say there's anything wrong with romcoms. I got one love romcoms anime. I really do. I just despise gay anime in general. That's what I'm saying. I'm asking if any guy is watching this?
Jan 10, 8:40 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to CheliosX
KoKoJin81 said:

I didn't say there's anything wrong with romcoms. I got one love romcoms anime. I really do. I just despise gay anime in general. That's what I'm saying. I'm asking if any guy is watching this?
@CheliosX
CheliosX said:
I just despise gay anime in general.

Ah, there it is. Skill issue tbh. Straight men aren't required to hate "gay things", you know.

CheliosX said:
I'm asking if any guy is watching this?

Accoring to comments on Crunchyroll, they do. And good for them.
Jan 10, 8:45 PM
Dec 2022
KoKoJin81 said:
@CheliosX
CheliosX said:
I just despise gay anime in general.

Ah, there it is. Skill issue tbh. Straight men aren't required to hate "gay things", you know.

CheliosX said:
I'm asking if any guy is watching this?

Accoring to comments on Crunchyroll, they do. And good for them.

I know straight men aren't required to hate it. I'm just speaking my own opinion. So if straight guys and guys generally are watching it, I don't know what to say.
Jan 10, 9:13 PM
Jul 2021
Super fun and adorable first ep. VA line-up is pretty solid too for a more niche genre like BL. The ending had me feeling sad even tho I’m sure things will be fine next episode. I’m too gullible for those stuff lmao.
Jan 10, 10:00 PM

Feb 2019
not a bad start, but poor kurosawa, he got rejected before he can even properly ask him out lol
Jan 10, 11:10 PM
May 2018
omg omg omg this anime is so stinking cute, I'm so happy 😭😭😭
Jan 10, 11:15 PM
Apr 2018
I rarely watch BL anime but this was a nice little treat tbh.

Funny, wholesome and good romantic vibes.

I like kurosawa hes just so sweet and all rounder husbando and i felt so bad for him at the end of the episode. But i get where adachi is coming from with his powers, inexperience in love and being virgin and all this so overwhelming for him facing so much of kurosawas wholesome pure kind love.

Gonna keep watching this cause it got me invested.
Jan 11, 12:04 AM

Jan 2021
I had different imaginations about their voices but the more I listened, the more I felt it fit. Well anyway seeing Kurosawa and Adachi in anime form alone makes me grateful and happy! Both of them are good people ♡ ~

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 7

32 by Gisilfrid »»
Apr 28, 9:55 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

15 by ichin »»
Apr 28, 10:49 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

65 by Aurakin »»
Apr 27, 7:14 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

38 by traed »»
Apr 22, 11:44 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 6

36 by traed »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.