Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 5:09 PM

Apr 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
@ejleon uh, what makes you think I didn't understand the dynamic between the 3? That is not what I'm talking about. My problem is not with the main character remaining calm and trying to rein the other guy in, but with the way he does it. Say, instead of gently grabing his forearm with both hands like his girlfriend would, and scaredly asking him to reconsider, why wouldn't he put a hand on his shoulder, or not touch him at all and just tell him to calm down and be reasonable? Why is he always stuttering and uptalking?

I guess I had to elaborate. I never said I will drop the show on ep 1 because the mc is an effeminate little crybaby. I'm just voicing my displeasure at the proliferation of the effeminate little crybaby mc trope lately, and how I would much rather appreciate more male characters displaying masculinity and stoicism instead of gestures and speech that wouldn't look out of place in a 13 y/o girl. Not talking about becoming a bro, a daredevil, a killer, a leader or anything like that.

Especially when, like I said, it's done with the purpose of presenting a big contrast between the mc before training and after (I already know he becomes swole as fuck and badass).

One example of a "wimpy" character I actually enjoy is Ichikawa from bokuyaba. Can you see why?

I hope you understand what I'm saying by god I don't want to deal with the same shit you did with cheat skill isekai.

I never said that I was talking about the dynamic between the 3 characters or how they interact.

I’m talking about how the anime keeps contrasting and comparing the Pres & VP vs Usato. The anime is trying to show the audience that the MC is the person with a good character and level head.

He only stuttered at first during the umbrella scene. He was also not talking up, he has respect for the Pres & VP, so they tell him to be less formal. After that he calmed down and just spoke to them fine the rest of the time, even more so in the other world.

How he grabbed him I don’t view as like a girlfriend, (maybe you mean as an anime trope or something?), nor do I think that it showed him effeminate, gay, weak, or a cry baby.

I don’t know any young teen boys or girls that act like you are calling for in real life or in anime, not sure where you get that idea of teens from.

If you are basing this on characters that are men already, then maybe adjust your judging of teen boys in anime.

Could you tell me which anime you are referring to for those characters?

I would rather we stay on topic. We can talk about Cheat Skill another time 😂
ejleonJan 5, 5:17 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 5, 5:14 PM

Jun 2016
Might be the surprise and the dark horse of this season for me. I did not have anything to expect going in as I do not know what it is other than it is isekai which I do not always have good expectations for. And I find myself now to have enjoyed it 👍 I like the main three as we saw it there, and it is nice to see an isekai give another male character some importance than just the main dude per say. It is a good sign to me. Now, I want to see where they take things from here. But it has potential and got me interested.
So far, they are just using and playing with common isekai tropes which is fun and familiar. Want to see what they do with it going forward.
Gift by Mimurona

Jan 5, 5:25 PM
Mar 2019
Pretty good start. Looking forward to more of this.
Jan 5, 6:11 PM

Mar 2007
That was funnier than I expected. Will Rose be the drill sergeant type? Shouty, tough but with a heart of gold?
Jan 5, 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
the first half was fine, but the second is interesting and funny. Rose-sama is cool af. also it looks and sounds great.
also

Jan 5, 6:19 PM
Oct 2010
Reply to Stormy_77
That was funnier than I expected. Will Rose be the drill sergeant type? Shouty, tough but with a heart of gold?
@Stormy_77 Rose is an absolute beast, a monster with a spirit of adamantium, and exactly the sort you want as the leader of a group that goes out onto battlefields against the demon lord's army, rescues people on the verge of death, and heals them.
Jan 5, 6:32 PM

Nov 2021
I was really debating whether to watch this since I don't like isekai but was pleasantly surprised, the first episode was fun even though it was basic. This show seems pretty promising, I hope it turns out better than the typical generic isekai stuff
Jan 5, 6:34 PM

Jul 2021
ejleon said:

I never said that I was talking about the dynamic between the 3 characters or how they interact.

I’m talking about how the anime keeps contrasting and comparing the Pres & VP vs Usato. The anime is trying to show the audience that the MC is the person with a good character and level head.

He only stuttered at first during the umbrella scene. He was also not talking up, he has respect for the Pres & VP, so they tell him to be less formal. After that he calmed down and just spoke to them fine the rest of the time, even more so in the other world.

How he grabbed him I don’t view as like a girlfriend, (maybe you mean as an anime trope or something?), nor do I think that it showed him effeminate, gay, weak, or a cry baby.

I don’t know any young teen boys or girls that act like you are calling for in real life or in anime, not sure where you get that idea of teens from.

If you are basing this on characters that are men already, then maybe adjust your judging of teen boys in anime.

woah there, I didn't say anything about gay. Alright then, so whenever guys are holding back one of their buddies, or telling him to calm down, they normally push him away or grab his shoulders, no? Now, when a guy is getting heated at someone else, or even when they're just strolling around, where does the girlfriend grab? That's right. Their arm, and usually with both hands. That is what I meant.

Also, guys would say something to the effect of "hey, calm down. If you keep talking like that to him his lackeys are going to murder us, this is getting us nowhere". "Thank you for getting mad in my behalf" is girl talk.

You can tell the difference between Sakuta from seishun buta yarou series and ryota from last season's kimizero, can't you? Well that's the short of it. Both students, both "normal", but worlds apart. Which one do you think people liked more? That's rethorical btw, we all know.

If those two are the extremes of the spectrum, 100 is sakuta and 0 is ryota, and in the middle (50) is someone like makoto from tsukimichi (which means I think he embodies the most normal highschooler), then usato right now is like 15.
IhnalakoKainaJan 5, 6:58 PM
Jan 5, 6:41 PM

Sep 2018
Apart from the heavy handed dialogue in the beginning, where every second sentence sounded unnatural, it was pretty funny when things started rolling, the absurdity of their situation, especially the main MC getting kidnapped for healing training.
Jan 5, 6:48 PM

Sep 2016
The harmacist saga begins.

Ep went further than I thought, but less far than I hoped. Welp.

It's gonna be a wild ride
bruh
Jan 5, 7:01 PM

Oct 2021
Ah yes my most hated trope, when the MC is monologuing about how average he is in the first eps. Well so far there's nothing special here, and the pacing is quite slow making it boring, the comedy is not funny too, just the usual "insert comic relief moment here". Guess I'm just waiting for the twist about the healing power, let's just hope it's actually interesting.
EdgyLord666Jan 5, 7:06 PM
Jan 5, 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
I honestly enjoyed this first episode way more than I thought I would. Definitely sticking with this for now.
Jan 5, 7:08 PM

Sep 2016
Wow this is far better than I expected
characters are fun just like Seija Musou
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 5, 7:12 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
ejleon said:

woah there, I didn't say anything about gay. Alright then, so whenever guys are holding back one of their buddies, or telling him to calm down, they normally push him away or grab his shoulders, no? Now, when a guy is getting heated at someone else, or even when they're just strolling around, where does the girlfriend grab? That's right. Their arm, and usually with both hands. That is what I meant.

Also, guys would say something to the effect of "hey, calm down. If you keep talking like that to him his lackeys are going to murder us, this is getting us nowhere". "Thank you for getting mad in my behalf" is girl talk.

You can tell the difference between Sakuta from seishun buta yarou series and ryota from last season's kimizero, can't you? Well that's the short of it. Both students, both "normal", but worlds apart. Which one do you think people liked more? That's rethorical btw, we all know.

If those two are the extremes of the spectrum, 100 is sakuta and 0 is ryota, and in the middle (50) is someone like makoto from tsukimichi (which means I think he embodies the most normal highschooler), then usato right now is like 15.
@IhnalakoKaina I apologize, you said you didn’t say “gay” maybe I was thinking about another comment when writing.

That explanation you gave about guys interacting helped me understand your perspective better, most boys would act differently, Usato was acting soft with the VP.

Hm… I can see what you mean, when you compare those anime, they are very different male characters, it is a good contrast to explain your point about a character scale.

However, I thought in “inexperienced / experienced” that ryota’s characters was supposed to play the totally “shy, nervous, inexperienced, quiet” type in that anime? Was I wrong?

But but now that I think about it, with how the girls treated him in couple times, I did want him to speak up to defend himself, especially when the friend slapped him, when he did nothing wrong.

Thanks responding and patiently explaining, I appreciate it.
ejleonJan 5, 8:06 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 5, 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm, nothing trashy in the first episode? Of an isekai? Amazing
Jan 5, 8:07 PM

Apr 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
Ah yes my most hated trope, when the MC is monologuing about how average he is in the first eps. Well so far there's nothing special here, and the pacing is quite slow making it boring, the comedy is not funny too, just the usual "insert comic relief moment here". Guess I'm just waiting for the twist about the healing power, let's just hope it's actually interesting.

I enjoyed it … will be watching 😁

Jan 5, 8:22 PM
Oct 2017
Martial art Healing magic, I read all the MC ability he going be OP with he healing magic with destruction power and Fist and kick Combat with Natural Healing factor, he also have similar ability like "I Am Atomic" 😊👌
Jan 5, 8:43 PM
Feb 2017
I loved it! Definitely gonna be my fave of the season. The plot is interesting and I love how suzune, just kept getting more excited every time then long was explaining everything. The crystal ball scene was hilarious, and Rose is honestly my fave Character. She is what usato will be once he's done training, also her attitude is perfect.
Jan 5, 9:01 PM

May 2019
I was not expecting for Suzune to be that excited about getting isekaied and hopefully we'll see more of her because her reactions were amusing but she and Ken were separated.

This first episode was decent and it made me curious enough to look forward to the next episode, plus the brief appearance of a blonde kid with beast ears also got me wondering who that is.
Jan 5, 9:18 PM
Aug 2022
Can I have Rose be my Mommy?

Just asking for a friend
Jan 5, 9:23 PM
Feb 2021
Its okay, so far!!
Jan 5, 9:35 PM
Mar 2021
aniki wkwkwkwkwk
Jan 5, 10:01 PM
Apr 2023
A mass-isekai premise but I am glad this time the people who came with the MC are both genuinely kind people and unlike other LN's with this premise he did not get a shitty magic affinity rather he is equally important and actually rare, putting him on par with his two other schoolmates.

Would be fun to see this story unfolding this season.
Jan 5, 10:20 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to ejleon
EdgyLord666 said:

I enjoyed it … will be watching 😁
@ejleon I don't, still watching it until the twist tho. I hope they'll explain it in the 2nd eps.
Jan 5, 11:13 PM
Apr 2022
assumed those two prefects are rotten in the inside, but turns out suzune was a closet isekai enthusiast, not sure what to feel about the red haired boy tho. I still don't know why the king and the mage were overreacting when the protagonist's attribute is healing, is training with Rose really that bad? guess I'm gonna see why in the following episodes, fine start
Jan 5, 11:34 PM

Mar 2020
This is one of the best ways to kick off a 1st episode that I have ever seen. Very creative, fun and engaging. Definitely already an 8, hopefully it stays like that.

- May God Be With You -

Jan 6, 12:04 AM

Jun 2013
Just another average isekai
Jan 6, 12:05 AM

Dec 2012
This anime looks promising compare to that 1 hit kill lol

Jan 6, 1:27 AM
Jun 2022
Well what a good first impression for the 1st episode of an unknown anime for me. Just found out of nowhere in suggestion. The animation is good too..
Jan 6, 1:28 AM

Feb 2018
I have pretty solid expectations for this anime since I enjoyed the manga lol, and so far the first episode looks good.

Rose really went sicko mode tryna capture Usato lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 6, 1:54 AM
Jun 2023
This is a isekai anime with a unique skill, i just think will like it.
Jan 6, 7:02 AM

Jul 2015
Despite it being (seemingly) a totally generic Isekai, first episode was surprising good. I think I'll keep watching it.

It took me a while to notice, that Welcie is voiced by THE Loli Queen Maria Naganawa. I've never heard her adjusting her voice to the role so we'll, because she tends to not voice that character archetype. Just shows how talented she is. <3

Jan 6, 7:19 AM

Apr 2021
Another isekai, seems like it can be good. Ppl keep saying it the “right” redo healer but this is not anything close to the same besides healing. (Not a revenge story, it’s an isekai, main threat is the demon lord) correct me if I’m wrong
Jan 6, 7:58 AM

Jul 2010
When the crazy mentor appeared (Rose) it got my hopes up. Hope anime will not disappoint.
Jan 6, 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
It looks cool, I want to see what a human being will do to live in a world like that, especially being trained by the beautiful girl, I wouldn't be able to, I don't think so, but the anime looks like it's going to be really cool!
Jan 6, 9:07 AM
Jan 2019
I cant describe with words absolute amazing if you are manga reader the exceed my expectations very good casting and good animation!!!!
Jan 6, 10:04 AM
Apr 2023
looks promising f

Jan 6, 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
Healing as muscle magic is far from original, but the execution is above average. I appreciate entirely too much that the intended heroes aren't assholes for once. It's refreshing.
Jan 6, 3:12 PM
Oct 2017
I know the manga so even if this first episode is slow, I expect good things.
Too bad it stopped right before the first day of training.
Jan 6, 5:04 PM

Jun 2016
Very interesting, the characters are good and Rose stole the show yet lol XD it's a promising series.
Jan 6, 5:06 PM

Mar 2013
Solid first episode!

Suzune is so adorable, as always.

Rose is cool, as always.

Usato will get rekt... OwO

This is quite a fun series.
CrazyButNot4UJan 6, 5:11 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 6, 8:51 PM

May 2021
I loved the first episode of this. The way I see it the anime is playing the tropes partially as a self-aware comedy effect, so I don't get the issue that some people have over the cliche and excessive setup. I guess more episodes would clarify this for me

Jan 6, 11:41 PM

Oct 2019
A quite funny and promising premiere. Judging from the ED sequence Rose is really going to put Usato through hell 😅
Jan 7, 3:20 AM
Mar 2021
Main character looks too weak willed
Jan 7, 3:54 AM
Oct 2017
Training just begin, MC will become martial art Healing magic with destruction power, the title the anime even say " the wrong to use Healing Magic"
Jan 7, 5:56 AM

Nov 2012
This cliche exposition dumping meeting could have been an email.
Jan 7, 7:30 AM
Oct 2019
It was a interesting first episode, this one actually have the potential to be a part of tha 1% of good isekai in this last 7/8 years, at least it would make it to decent, because that where we are in Isekai genre and pseudo Isekai genre since 2017, 95% of complete hot garbage that wouldn't deserve more than a 1 or 2 on 10, 4% of average/decent one and 1% of good, at least before 2017 Isekai had the decency to be at least average in general, today Isekai are just mediocre in average.
Jan 7, 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
What the hell, that was really fun!

Starting with the student council and then the king, etc. it is nice to see that they are likeable characters. I also liked the chemistry I saw between Usato and his classmates.

Suzune won me over immediately when she started getting excited about the magic circle and the idea of being isekai'd xD. And then geeking out the whole time after being summoned haha. I love her.

I guess we'll find out where the title of the series comes from now that Usato is going to train with Rose. It was hilarious how they wanted to hide him from her.

Funny, likable characters, looks good. Pretty good start, looking forward to more.
Jan 7, 7:50 PM
May 2022
I haven’t really bothered watching generic seasonal isekai in a while, so maybe I’m out of touch. But this doesn’t seem too bad. Good amount of comedy, doesn’t take itself too seriously, not super power fantasy (yet at least.) it could be a lot worse. Still has to prove itself arguably harder than other genres considering how much of a bad rep isekai get but it has potential.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Felm

Isekai-Enjoyer - Apr 28

16 by OP_Rider »»
May 2, 4:49 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

101 by Mangaka2611 »»
May 1, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

57 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 27, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

64 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 26, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8

67 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 26, 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.