Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one who bloody disdains male characters?

New
Do you love males?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2023 4:44 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to haerina
Probably not. It's weird because you could argue that a huge portion of female characters have no redeeming qualities also but it's whatever. People have different tastes, you know. :D
@haerina Redeeming qualities rarely matter, the main appeal of anime girls is the "I can fix her" train of thought, but many have transcended that, and arrived at the "I want her broken" stage.
Dec 16, 2023 6:30 AM

Dec 2023
You have favourite male characters..
Dec 16, 2023 7:19 AM

Dec 2020
But if there are no male characters, I won't have anyone to self-insert into.
I especially like these types of male characters.

Dec 16, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2021
Outside of a few genre's, if an anime has a male main character I'll almost always skip it entirely. I enjoy cute girls doing cute things, not girls and boys doing cute things. Outside of a character I really wanted in genshin last year, I don't even remember the last time I purposefully pulled a male character in a gacha game either.

Dec 16, 2023 8:05 AM

Jun 2020
Is this a bait thread? Surely people dont actually think this way unironically? That would be rather silly.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Dec 16, 2023 8:23 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to Technopunk
Is this a bait thread? Surely people dont actually think this way unironically? That would be rather silly.
@Technopunk Silly is hating panty shots - anime industry staple: mysterious, beautiful, colorful. The desire to see less men (and ugly women for that matter), on the other hand, is the act of pursuing the true beauty which heals the soul.
Dec 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Shizuna
@Technopunk Silly is hating panty shots - anime industry staple: mysterious, beautiful, colorful. The desire to see less men (and ugly women for that matter), on the other hand, is the act of pursuing the true beauty which heals the soul.
@Tiosar Yep, this is a troll thread. Have I nice joke day then.

Dec 16, 2023 8:31 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to Technopunk
@Tiosar Yep, this is a troll thread. Have I nice joke day then.
@Technopunk Don't be like that, man. Not everyone who has a different opinion to yours is a troll. If anime didn't have cute/hot girls I wouldn't even bother with it and most franchises wouldn't make even a fraction of money they make thanks to them.
Dec 16, 2023 8:48 AM

Mar 2022
What does liking men have to do with being western?

Did your mom get fucked by a woman so that you were born? I don't think so, straight females and gay males exist and obviously they will like males, what's so hard to understand?

Like no, not everyone in the world is a straight male or a lesbian, did you not know?

Well i am not expecting a reply but this has to be one of the most braindead posts these days. Get a life.
Dec 16, 2023 8:54 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
Well IMO. There is nothing more annoying than males in anime Lol

Running around being loud violent and often abusive towards the cute girls. I have enough of them to last me a lifetime,,,,No ten lifetimes

But on some rare occasions, males are ok. Like Haruka's father in Sakura Trick. I never see his stupid face and he only has one line "NO males around Haruka! I forbid it!" He is great I wish all males in anime were as great as him 😎😎😎😎😎😎

For my taste, it often works better with Yuri and only cute girls 😍😍😍

I'm a man of culture like eye candy and prefer my lesbians,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

@Yuri-Crusader
Yuri-Crusader said:
Running around being loud violent and often abusive towards the cute girls

Idk, kinda your fault for only watching shitty anime with shitty guys.
Dec 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Aug 2020
Not sure what you're talking about but this
Tiosar said:
the same happens with battle shounen or stupid action like the typical scene where the MC fights an enemy and has inner monologue for 10 minutes straight, I can withstand a bunch of them but when this cheap and dirty way of wasting my time is constant I stop watching.
i can agree.
Dec 16, 2023 9:07 AM

Apr 2016
Are you serious? MCs in harem shows are the dumbest characters I have ever seen.
Dec 16, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to mokkocchi
Are you serious? MCs in harem shows are the dumbest characters I have ever seen.
@mokkocchi They aren't supposed to be smart in the first place. Their purpose is to do things like fondle breasts.
Dec 16, 2023 9:37 AM

Nov 2023
Are you asking if I'm gay or something?

Well I'm not.

If you're asking do I love male characters like some protagonist?

I do.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Dec 16, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
TL;DR: "I can't masturbate to male characters, so I hate 'em"
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Dec 16, 2023 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Technopunk
@Technopunk after looking at the wording, I think it's a response to poke fun at the thread about hating panty shots. It's too damn close for that to not be the case, and if it is, it flew over everyones heads. So to answer your question, probably.
Dec 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to FanofAction
@Technopunk after looking at the wording, I think it's a response to poke fun at the thread about hating panty shots. It's too damn close for that to not be the case, and if it is, it flew over everyones heads. So to answer your question, probably.
@FanofAction Yeah thats what I assumed as well, but you never know with these sorta things.

Dec 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Technopunk
@FanofAction Yeah thats what I assumed as well, but you never know with these sorta things.
@Technopunk True. Hard to know what anyone's actually thinking when all there is to go off is text.
Dec 16, 2023 10:31 AM
Aug 2017
I wholeheartedly agree. Somebody finally said it. Go off.
Dec 16, 2023 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Blueberry173
@Yuri-Crusader
Yuri-Crusader said:
Running around being loud violent and often abusive towards the cute girls

Idk, kinda your fault for only watching shitty anime with shitty guys.
@Blueberry173

Nah that guy's perception is just completely off the rails.
Except some fetish-y shoujo/josei or little sex pests that are overall tbh rare too. It's overall rather rare that male characters act abusively towards female characters.
And if they do (mostly side characters) it's often portrayed that way.

They are sometimes even the annoying opposite and turn into "can't fight a woman, even if she abusives me or threatens to fight me"-sexist attitude.
Dec 16, 2023 4:55 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Well not every character needs to be eyecandy. I've got nothing against male characters provided that they are cool or interesting in some way. There's plenty of all girl moe shows if I really wanted to watch something like that.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 16, 2023 8:07 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to removed-user
Yeah, I think it is just you. Watch better anime.

MechKingKillbot said:
Makes me want to see an anime in which the women characters kill off the male characters through battles because they were disgusted by their existence

Check out Ben-to or Akame ga Kill, it kinda fits your description.
@Fromaseed

Watched both of those already, but didn't get any of those vibes from it. I was thinking more extreme scenarios.
Dec 16, 2023 9:30 PM

Feb 2017
sex appeal ain't the only appeal for me. I like any kind of character.
Dec 16, 2023 11:42 PM

Jun 2016
Yes you are the only one. I certaintly am I not. Considering most of my favourite characters are males not females. Though my top one is Females. Male anime characters are generally written better than the females most of the time I think anyway

Dec 17, 2023 12:52 AM

Dec 2018
@LittleOwlbear

If you like males in anime good for you. I respect that. There are all kinds of anime. So we can all get what we want =)

I prefer my females and I want my lesbian ships to succeed. I often enjoy male-free anime much more than when there are males in it. I don't understand why this is such a big problem for you?

Then if you wanna waste your time being angry at me because I enjoyed the Japanese cartoon in a way you don't agree with Lol Go ahead. But I'm not going to change my taste because you and some other people can't handle it 😎😎😎😎😎

Dec 17, 2023 7:17 AM

Jan 2020
Wait until you find out a men are real
Dec 17, 2023 7:20 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to -Ryu
TL;DR: "I can't masturbate to male characters, so I hate 'em"
@-Ryu I can masturbate to both so I'm superior
Dec 17, 2023 8:09 AM

Aug 2010
I think harem shows are way more obnoxious.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 17, 2023 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
@LittleOwlbear

If you like males in anime good for you. I respect that. There are all kinds of anime. So we can all get what we want =)

I prefer my females and I want my lesbian ships to succeed. I often enjoy male-free anime much more than when there are males in it. I don't understand why this is such a big problem for you?

Then if you wanna waste your time being angry at me because I enjoyed the Japanese cartoon in a way you don't agree with Lol Go ahead. But I'm not going to change my taste because you and some other people can't handle it 😎😎😎😎😎

@Yuri-Crusader

Pretend I'm "angry" all you want and that people want to take away your away your taste or anything.

I pointed out that your arguments are factually wrong, because they are. There is a difference between "that's just my taste" and making up wrong and unproven claims to hate on things.
Dec 17, 2023 8:20 AM

Jun 2020
Well looking at your favs….you have Rance from Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete so I really dont think ugly man is your problem or men in general (inside and outside ugly) you just don't love shounen.
Dec 17, 2023 8:27 AM

Aug 2020
I like Fairy Tail as a shonen, it has lots of boobs.

Dec 17, 2023 8:30 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to kirA_-_
Well looking at your favs….you have Rance from Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete so I really dont think ugly man is your problem or men in general (inside and outside ugly) you just don't love shounen.
@kirA_-_ Rance is a handsome man and a real gentleman.
Dec 17, 2023 8:40 AM
Jun 2019
Reply to JaniSIr
@haerina Redeeming qualities rarely matter, the main appeal of anime girls is the "I can fix her" train of thought, but many have transcended that, and arrived at the "I want her broken" stage.
@JaniSIr That'd explain a lot of things. That's just sad. but to each their own i guess.
Dec 17, 2023 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
Of course I like males, and females too.
Dec 17, 2023 9:23 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to removed-user
@Yuri-Crusader

Pretend I'm "angry" all you want and that people want to take away your away your taste or anything.

I pointed out that your arguments are factually wrong, because they are. There is a difference between "that's just my taste" and making up wrong and unproven claims to hate on things.
@LittleOwlbear

Ofc you are angry. As soon as you see one of my posts you start to moan and complain. Like you doing right now 😂😂🤣🤣

Which of my arguments is wrong?

The biggest part of my post, Is more based on my taste and nothing I claim as a fact. So calm down a bit 😁😁

I don't even understand what you mean by ""and making up wrong "" or "" take away your away your taste"" What the fuck is you on about?

That I found them to be loud and annoying? Or abusive? There are some anime with the sole purpose to rape women. In some anime, females get beaten to a pulp. Do I find this behavior abusive? Yes, I do. Not saying only males are violent or abusive. I also dropped some anime for abusive females

I just don't often enjoy that type of anime. I like my little anime girls,and their cute girlfriends🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

That hangs out together, being nice to each other and kissing all day long,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I want Yuri and the chance for Yuri is much greater with a female-only cast. I also like to drool over the cute little lesbians Hehehehehehe. Love my eye candy 😍😍😋😋😋😋

So I ask you AGAIN. What is your problem here? Where in my post am I exactly "and making up wrong"

You can always use the ignore function and stop reading my posts if they upset you that much you know 😉😉

Yuri-CrusaderDec 17, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 17, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
I decide in advance whether a show is right for me or not. I won't complain about the lack of men in yuri. If I don't want to watch yuri, I just won't watch this show in the firts place. And vice versa, if I want yuri, I just won't turn on a straight show and won't complain about the lack of lesbians in it. I think it's logical. On the other hand, I find it disturbing that women are rarely obsessed with phobia of female characters and the search for sterile all-male titles, most likely finding the idea of ​​it sexist. At the same time, many men really have a strong dislike for their gender. I think this is worthy of study.
Dec 17, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to kirA_-_
@kirA_-_ Many waifu-lovers hate self-insert shows with everydudes because due to a misunderstanding of the idea of ​​such anime, it works in the opposite way for them and causes dislike and envy of successful with girls goofy protagonists instead of self-insert fantasy. It sounds kind of stupid, but actually you'd be surprised how many people are annoyed by characters like Rito or that dude from Rentai Girlfriend because it creates the fantasy of "even an idiot like that has hot chicks" instead of "he's literally me!". I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason why faceless protagonists have gradually replaced everydudes in many games.
Dec 17, 2023 10:28 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
@LittleOwlbear

@Yuri-Crusader Is this internalized misandry?
Dec 17, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to RobertBobert
I decide in advance whether a show is right for me or not. I won't complain about the lack of men in yuri. If I don't want to watch yuri, I just won't watch this show in the firts place. And vice versa, if I want yuri, I just won't turn on a straight show and won't complain about the lack of lesbians in it. I think it's logical. On the other hand, I find it disturbing that women are rarely obsessed with phobia of female characters and the search for sterile all-male titles, most likely finding the idea of ​​it sexist. At the same time, many men really have a strong dislike for their gender. I think this is worthy of study.
@RobertBobert

Oh, you didn't know the yaoi fangirls in the 2000s lol. But most have been ca. 14-19 yo back then and grew out of it and most the new ones are not like that.
Dec 17, 2023 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to removed-user
@RobertBobert

Oh, you didn't know the yaoi fangirls in the 2000s lol. But most have been ca. 14-19 yo back then and grew out of it and most the new ones are not like that.
@LittleOwlbear Oh, I caught the era when fujoshi hated female characters because of BL ships in shonens. But BL fandom quickly outgrew this and now hating female characters in BL is considered toxic and sexist. There are even articles about this, as well as anthologies of stories about “allied girls.” For years now, gay shows have included similar female characters as allies or observers as self-inserts. Or token yuri ships as in Loveless, although I only know one yuri title with token BL ship, which was the result of a meme.
Dec 17, 2023 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
I prefer male characters as I can relate to them more. I find females characters just irritate me more with their personalities and behaviours
Dec 17, 2023 1:16 PM

May 2021
I don't love all of them, obviously, but my answer should be pretty predictable :) male characters are love, male characters are life :p
Dec 17, 2023 2:04 PM
Jun 2022
I feel like gender is the last problem you should have with any character.

Dec 17, 2023 2:28 PM
Nov 2017
I believe this is an appropriate time to call OP a fag - like in the good ol' days
Dec 17, 2023 2:49 PM

Oct 2022
I get being into waifus, but this is too obsessive. Why are people who are into waifus so obsessive about them... and think this is shared by everyone else...

If you had looked at the most popular characters page, the entire top 10 liked characters are all male. In fact you have to go down to #14 or 15 to see the first female. You'll bore yourself to death making fake accounts enough to try and sway that number.
Male characters are more popular across the board than waifus will ever be.
Waifus are overrated. I find female characters sometimes nice to look at, sometimes entertaining, but more often annoying AF. Sort of like they are IRL.
Dec 17, 2023 2:51 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
gender usually isnt what i think about on a day to day basis. only when im horny.

Dec 17, 2023 3:12 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to haerina
@JaniSIr That'd explain a lot of things. That's just sad. but to each their own i guess.
@haerina I once read a Chinese webtoon that was straight up tagged "Stockholm syndrome".
Dec 17, 2023 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to RobertBobert
@LittleOwlbear Oh, I caught the era when fujoshi hated female characters because of BL ships in shonens. But BL fandom quickly outgrew this and now hating female characters in BL is considered toxic and sexist. There are even articles about this, as well as anthologies of stories about “allied girls.” For years now, gay shows have included similar female characters as allies or observers as self-inserts. Or token yuri ships as in Loveless, although I only know one yuri title with token BL ship, which was the result of a meme.
@RobertBobert

Yes, I think the development is really positive, but I don't think actual hatred against male characters is too prevalent in most male anime fans.
Lot of fans of all genders just criticize doormat and colorless male leads, but that's about the writing not about them being male.

Many waifu-lovers hate self-insert shows with everydudes because due to a misunderstanding of the idea of ​​such anime, it works in the opposite way for them and causes dislike and envy of successful with girls goofy protagonists instead of self-insert fantasy. It sounds kind of stupid, but actually you'd be surprised how many people are annoyed by characters like Rito or that dude from Rentai Girlfriend because it creates the fantasy of "even an idiot like that has hot chicks" instead of "he's literally me!". I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason why faceless protagonists have gradually replaced everydudes in many games.

How is it surprising that people dislike colorless self insert characters?
Why do you even think that most male anime fans (or in that way "waifu lovers") are some kind of shy boys, so they should think "he's literally me!"

The ones I know better in real don't have anything in common with the boys from romances, isekais etc like this. These are men in their late 20s to earlier 40s, ofc they neither will think "he's literally me!" nor like them in any other way. They rather see a prota like Lawrence and co and find themselves more in someone like this.
Lot of people don't stop loving waifus either, they just to more fitting waifus and romances and anime overall.

There is no deeper explanation behind this, than people disliking boring characters that don't really have their own identity and persona.
Dec 17, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to removed-user
@RobertBobert

Yes, I think the development is really positive, but I don't think actual hatred against male characters is too prevalent in most male anime fans.
Lot of fans of all genders just criticize doormat and colorless male leads, but that's about the writing not about them being male.

Many waifu-lovers hate self-insert shows with everydudes because due to a misunderstanding of the idea of ​​such anime, it works in the opposite way for them and causes dislike and envy of successful with girls goofy protagonists instead of self-insert fantasy. It sounds kind of stupid, but actually you'd be surprised how many people are annoyed by characters like Rito or that dude from Rentai Girlfriend because it creates the fantasy of "even an idiot like that has hot chicks" instead of "he's literally me!". I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason why faceless protagonists have gradually replaced everydudes in many games.

How is it surprising that people dislike colorless self insert characters?
Why do you even think that most male anime fans (or in that way "waifu lovers") are some kind of shy boys, so they should think "he's literally me!"

The ones I know better in real don't have anything in common with the boys from romances, isekais etc like this. These are men in their late 20s to earlier 40s, ofc they neither will think "he's literally me!" nor like them in any other way. They rather see a prota like Lawrence and co and find themselves more in someone like this.
Lot of people don't stop loving waifus either, they just to more fitting waifus and romances and anime overall.

There is no deeper explanation behind this, than people disliking boring characters that don't really have their own identity and persona.
@LittleOwlbear

Nobody talks about the majority. The only point is that male audiences are often much more critical of male characters than female audiences of female ones.

You are generalizing what I was talking about. There was nothing in my words about the expectations or behavior of “most” men. Only that people do not quite correctly perceive the works due to a lack of understanding of their target audience and often cultural and age differences. It's weird to complain that a conventional shonen rom-com is focused on fulfilling the desires of teenage boys and their expectations of romance, rather than your idea of ​​ideal romance as a grown man, for example.

As for waifu lovers, this is, unfortunately, based on my sad experience discussing such shows. A lot of people literally say that they are annoyed that even such soft-hearted losers get chicks so easily. This is normal, this is normal psychology. If you want romance with a strong and charismatic male lead who will be your role model, then just look for another show that can provide that experience. For example, Mahouka or Bunny Girl Senpai. There's a lot of anime out there that can satisfy even the most sophisticated tastes, I don't understand why people choose to spend so much time complaining about shows that are simply aimed at a different audience.

Dec 17, 2023 4:47 PM

Oct 2014
I definitely prefer female characters, but there's some males I like in anime. As much as I like yuri, hetero or BL couples are nice as well if the guys are cute. I'm not really into hot blooded stuff, though. If I'm going to be watching a character punching people or getting balls into nets I'd much rather them be a cute girl.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

40 by MeltyGutz »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 39 minutes ago

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
8 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

54 by Luchipher-Zen »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
31 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.