Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2023 10:16 PM
Jun 2017
Reply to animejas
The dancing scenes were really interesting. The background characters did look stiff and a bit out of place (which is a rarity for how consistent the series has been in all visual fronts) but the actual focus on Fern and Stark while not perfect, still looked magical enough to work and there was a lot of focus on actually showing the dance routine and not just their facial reactions. Loved how the bond developed throughout the dance.

As a whole, it was a good episode. By no means the best but it just flew by well, and I also did like the moments that Sein and Frieren had, and seeing Sein acclimate to his new party, especially when having to deal with the curse that the flower monster was responsible for. He had his moments to display what he could while learned to rely on Frieren through the words of someone he respected a lot while growing up in the past. The series is a bit overdependent on reflection moments like these to the past for everything but it worked and Frieren got to show how capable she was with as minimal amount of time as she had after the awakening spell was cast on her. That looked awesome too. In terms of action, Madhouse and the staff involved with animating and constructing these scenes have been pretty much flawless and it continues on. The dance stuff was not as seamless and flawless but that was also difficult and to be fair to them, they did handle it better than what I would expect from a number of anime. Last time I enjoyed a dance scene was with Mushoku Tensei and I can't recall too many off the top of my head in anime that produced magic with it like that and this one in particular.

Also, some of the outfits in that 2nd half looked great, especially with Fern. She definitely gave off princess vibes there.
@animejas i mean there's a couple good ones out there. Mushoku being mentioned is funny because i don't even remember that one.

another fantastic episode. not much else i've watched this year, but easily tops most. Vinland might edge it a bit.
Dec 15, 2023 10:24 PM
May 2021
Oh they fuuuuuuuckin
Look at those sparks!
Dec 15, 2023 10:42 PM
Jul 2022
Damn it the most beautiful episode of this series till now 🔥🔥
Dec 15, 2023 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
The action scene where they defeated the sleep monster was so smooth. Frieren always is so badass.
Dec 15, 2023 11:02 PM
Jul 2010
This episode was so cute!
Dec 15, 2023 11:36 PM
Apr 2023
I have no word, each episode is better than the last.
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM
Sep 2020
omagah just marry already
Dec 16, 2023 12:11 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to Mainnus
Its all about the cake.

So much happened in this superb episode, the world building, the interactions, the dynamics and the callbacks all seamlessly and naturally presented.
@Mainnus and grimoires :)
She really misses her teacher.
In a world without love, death means nothing.
Dec 16, 2023 12:26 AM
Dec 2022
absolute peak once again. how do they do this every episode
Dec 16, 2023 12:56 AM
Jul 2020
This episode is an episode that I think is very good than previous episodes because in this episode the development of Fern and Stark's character relationship is highlighted, coupled with visuals that are pleasing to the eye and a romantic comedy story that I also didn't expect, but it's not a joke and it's not exaggerated like other anime, it's a masterpiece with a perfect level of maturity.
Dec 16, 2023 1:45 AM

Jun 2013
The waltz scene was incredibly sweet and the music was on point. Amazing animation and direction from Madhouse. Lord Orden might've looked like he wasn't much affected by his son's death but looking back on his face when he saw Stark dancing was definitely a look of a father filled with regret from losing his own son. Make living worthwhile and moving on from past regrets is probably a recurring theme of this series which I really like, something we all reflect in real life.
Dec 16, 2023 2:57 AM
Nov 2023
Amazing episode, love it!!
Dec 16, 2023 3:05 AM

Feb 2014
Sein is already proving to be a great addition to the team. His worked hard in dealing with the tricky plant enemy that left Frieren, Fern and Stark asleep with its sleep curses. Sein helping to wake Frieren up and having her blast the enemy in one hit was not only awesome, but also showcases, yet again, how great the animation quality is with this show.

That same praise carries over to the second half of the episode, when we were introduced to Orden, whose family did hail from the same village where Stark grew up. Stark had to pretend to being the noble son of Orden, who sadly died in a battle not too long ago, just to make sure the town's morale didn't collapse. Along with Fern, both learned about the etiquette that goes with nobility and the end result at the formal occasion was a huge success. Seeing Fern and Stark dance, with the same smooth and impressive animation, made me smile while also making me ship this pair a lot more now.

As for Frieren, she's like me. When asked to dance by Sein, she chose to eat cake instead. As a lover of cake and sweets in general, I love Frieren A LOT more as a result! XD

A great episode overall, and also a good lesson from the latter half of the episode with Orden, where saying things you'll end up regretting, but then losing the opportunity to apologise and/or forgive when you never see that person ever again hurts. All the more reason to avoid arguments if possible, especially in that world where action and death are more commonplace. =(
Dec 16, 2023 3:05 AM
Dec 2022
This episode is really good and funny, the song is relaxing nice to listen to, I'm watching the smile, is really cool, that's all.
Dec 16, 2023 3:38 AM
Apr 2023
man people are overrate this show so hard
Dec 16, 2023 3:43 AM
Mar 2020
most overrated show i have ever seen
Dec 16, 2023 3:58 AM
Nov 2019
mengalahkan monster tidur dan pura pura jadi anak bangsawan
My Candies :
Dec 16, 2023 4:12 AM
May 2021
the ships are going to be crazy after this one
Dec 16, 2023 4:34 AM

Jul 2015
Whole dance sequence was entirely CGI and it looked amazing.
Also, the faint, yet geniuen smile on Fern face during the dance. 😊 Ship is sailing, bois!

Dec 16, 2023 4:38 AM
Mar 2020
This episode for all you Fern-Stark shippers out there, (like me), who are eating very well with an elegantly animated ballroom dance sequence. That sequence alone is enough to have a spot in the conversation of best episode in a series that is stacked with best episode candidates.
Dec 16, 2023 4:46 AM

May 2015
Sein proving that this party needed a priest. Without him the village and Frieren would be screwed. I love the Stark and Fern bonding moments!
Dec 16, 2023 5:10 AM
Jul 2020
My heart melt. My eyes cried... I feel touched by the love and beauty.
Dec 16, 2023 5:11 AM

Oct 2016
Two episodes to please the shippers in a row, you eating boys.
Dec 16, 2023 5:18 AM
Nov 2023
the dance scene is very good, the soundtrack and animation are very good and very consistent
Dec 16, 2023 5:26 AM
Jul 2023
Fern and Stark's first dance
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 AM
May 2023
actual good episode
Dec 16, 2023 5:57 AM
Oct 2017
Love It, It's one of masterpiece for me
Dec 16, 2023 5:59 AM
Jun 2009
Reply to Piromysl
Whole dance sequence was entirely CGI and it looked amazing.
Also, the faint, yet geniuen smile on Fern face during the dance. 😊 Ship is sailing, bois!
@Piromysl CGI? More like rotoscoped

EDIT: Oops. My bad. It was referenced from actual dance footage as consulted by the director. So it was neither CG nor rotoscope.
bwubDec 16, 2023 6:04 AM
Dec 16, 2023 7:17 AM

Sep 2017
Damn bro they really be feeding the shippers good with this episode. That was pretty cute.
Dec 16, 2023 7:18 AM
Oct 2016
I love Stark n Fern Ship
Dec 16, 2023 7:35 AM
Apr 2020
Beautiful dance!
Dec 16, 2023 8:25 AM
Dec 2023
very nice episode of frieren i really liked the dance scene with fern and stark
Dec 16, 2023 8:47 AM
Oct 2019
What a beautiful episode, it had an incredible development, with the trust part and the son's story, happy another week with Frieren!
Dec 16, 2023 9:34 AM

Mar 2008
That curse as harmless as it seems at first is quite scary actually. Imagine being in the same situation knowing you could fall asleep any moment before you can stop it and you will likely be done for If you do.

The dancing with Fern and Stark looked pretty nicely animated using some sort of references. They both seemed to actually quite enjoy themselves despite being embarrassed.

Frieren looked good in that dress even though she's just there stuffing her face with cake lol
Dec 16, 2023 9:48 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Woahhh the banger ost is back! I'm waiting eagerly for them to publish the official soundtrack.

At first the introduction of a 4th party member was unexpected, but Sein got to show off his skills and they're really making it work. Loved the fight! I think he complements the party very well and it could've gotten a bit dull without him around.

Also, can we talk about the animation once again? Holy crap.

Stark had an interesting arc that I wasn't expecting. He found a member of his clan (or at least someone who had their roots there) who had lost his son, and bore a striking resemblance to his actual dad. The conversation that they had in the training ground was paralleling that of his childhood, but this one actually cared about his younger son as well and acknowledged his skills. I'm thinking that while Stark did get a form of closure from this, his dad probably didn't feel the same way and genuinely looked down on Stark. Or it could be that he had the same mindset as Mut's dad that giving praise for nothing will get to their head, and that's why he was always so critical of Stark for being weak.

Either way, things ended well and they both parted ways.

The dance scene was nice! I personally don't see Fern and Stark as anything but close friends (I think in order to make a relationship work, you need to have mashing personalities from the start) but it's obvious the show is pushing a romantic aspect to their relationship.

Also!! Frieren with a ponytail!! Aaaaahh!!!
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Dec 16, 2023 9:58 AM
May 2022
Fantastic episode. That dance was so cool and sweet, Fern looked beautiful and I love how she happy she looked.
Also, Frieren is my soulmate because preferring to eat cake than to dance is something I would definitely do too.
Dec 16, 2023 9:58 AM
Feb 2013
this ep just amazing and fun to watch , this anime will be one of the best anime i watch so far
Dec 16, 2023 10:24 AM
Dec 2023
Always good episode
Dec 16, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
I was neutral to a possible relationship between Stark and Fern for most of the series, but I'm starting to ship them really hard.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Dec 16, 2023 11:49 AM
Mar 2023
was too off topic imo, felt like a boring side quest
Dec 16, 2023 12:55 PM
Sep 2016
Fern and Stark are very cute together. I would love to see the tech Stark learned next episode or whenever it's revealed.
Dec 16, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2022
Beautiful episode can't wait for the next one. It just gets me everytime in that contemplating state of mind with an overall heartwarming feeling.
Dec 16, 2023 2:52 PM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Reply to Meta_Yoshi
Sein is already proving to be a great addition to the team. His worked hard in dealing with the tricky plant enemy that left Frieren, Fern and Stark asleep with its sleep curses. Sein helping to wake Frieren up and having her blast the enemy in one hit was not only awesome, but also showcases, yet again, how great the animation quality is with this show.

That same praise carries over to the second half of the episode, when we were introduced to Orden, whose family did hail from the same village where Stark grew up. Stark had to pretend to being the noble son of Orden, who sadly died in a battle not too long ago, just to make sure the town's morale didn't collapse. Along with Fern, both learned about the etiquette that goes with nobility and the end result at the formal occasion was a huge success. Seeing Fern and Stark dance, with the same smooth and impressive animation, made me smile while also making me ship this pair a lot more now.

As for Frieren, she's like me. When asked to dance by Sein, she chose to eat cake instead. As a lover of cake and sweets in general, I love Frieren A LOT more as a result! XD

A great episode overall, and also a good lesson from the latter half of the episode with Orden, where saying things you'll end up regretting, but then losing the opportunity to apologise and/or forgive when you never see that person ever again hurts. All the more reason to avoid arguments if possible, especially in that world where action and death are more commonplace. =(
Meta_Yoshi said:

Nice to meet a fellow cake lover~ Frieren is such a relatable character

I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Dec 16, 2023 3:07 PM
Sep 2020
It was beautiful.
Dec 16, 2023 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Ryuseishun said:
This is really nice to note. Apparently the entire dance scene was completely handdrawn, background people included, according to the director.

Damn, I was pretty sure it was roto-scoping from the way it looked. Came here to look what other people thought only to find this. That's pretty incredible, it looked so good.
Dec 16, 2023 4:05 PM

May 2015
Reply to Miragee
Ryuseishun said:
This is really nice to note. Apparently the entire dance scene was completely handdrawn, background people included, according to the director.

Damn, I was pretty sure it was roto-scoping from the way it looked. Came here to look what other people thought only to find this. That's pretty incredible, it looked so good.
@Miragee no rotoscoping or motion capture hand drew all of it
Dec 16, 2023 5:54 PM
Mar 2021
i love this anime so much
Dec 16, 2023 7:35 PM
Apr 2023
Excellent animation outside of the battle scenes.
I already read the manga and it being animated like this just gave me goosebumps!
Dec 16, 2023 7:57 PM

Jan 2021
THE SHIP IS ALREADY DONE

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Land: Anime’s Greatest Glasses-Kun

Bolbysaur - 11 hours ago

10 by PeeBeeBoi »»
11 minutes ago

» Does frieren remind you of anything TV SHOW GAME ETC.

mydaddy - Apr 28

28 by AlirezYU »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

527 by nanajp »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

573 by SkullBug »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you consider frieren the best anime of all time? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

AunixHOT - Apr 23

200 by Isaac_Randon »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.