Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2023 8:22 AM
Feb 2012
I was having so much fun at the start of the show, now it seems like it can't make up its mind what it actually wants to be, it's all over and the place and heading off the rails?
Even at the start I felt that it wasn't going to be legendary but whatever is happening now is just.. inconsistent
Dec 16, 2023 4:47 PM

Dec 2022
I can understand what Mamoru means, when Konoha first came back to the past she was bratty and annoying just for the sake of her own goals of making a fun game. Now that Konoha understands the risks and been through quite a bit already, she is prepared to put in the work and effort to save alcohol soft and her own timeline. She doesn't slack off as much anymore and is focused on her work.
Dec 16, 2023 7:22 PM
Mar 2023
It makes me laugh how Mamoru in the year 2023 continues to use his army of PC-98s to program games, it's like using an abacus having the most modern calculator in the world at your disposal. Anyway, creating the game that changes history is becoming a race against time, because Konoha is beginning to be influenced by that timeline and both her personality and her memories are beginning to change. As for the company that is subjugating Toya, I don't know why I think that all those people they have in the tanks are people with enough passion and imagination to create the Original Cuu, like Konoha, and maybe they have them there to use them as batteries that serve to fuel the creative process of creating the Cuu games, but we will have to wait to see what they are up to. See you next week!
Dec 17, 2023 10:45 PM

Jul 2019
This episode sure is wild. Did not expect this kind of development.
Mr Glenn can eat a bag of rancid dicks for all I care.

What's the name of the manga in the pile to the left of Re:Zero? I recognize it.

Dec 18, 2023 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
That turned dark. What an unexpected turn out. I like it. It kind of feel like popular VNs where they started off light hearted on the common route, and the twists and turns come out afterwards.
Dec 18, 2023 7:38 PM

Jan 2022
This anime took a wild approach. I wasn't expecting them to start using AI and to find humans in tanks lol I wonder if there will be a second season because there's no way in hell the whole story is going to conclude. Also why was the guy in the video so creepy and condescending?? How did he figure out that Konoha made the game??
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 19, 2023 1:06 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to cooldogmom
This anime took a wild approach. I wasn't expecting them to start using AI and to find humans in tanks lol I wonder if there will be a second season because there's no way in hell the whole story is going to conclude. Also why was the guy in the video so creepy and condescending?? How did he figure out that Konoha made the game??
@cooldogmom It gets better - noone seems to bother checking Konoha's ID card and noticing that she's 19 in 2023, and therefore wondering how she could have even made that game in 1999. Well, no need to even check her ID card, one would think a giant multinational conglomerate like that would have had that kind of data already and would have therefore figured out time travel is involved and have been trying to figure out how that can be done.
Dec 19, 2023 4:37 AM

Dec 2018
the end with all those computers was both hilarious as well as badass. I bet those people in the vats are the real "AI" or at the least the power behind it.
Dec 19, 2023 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
My man Mamoru-kun really loves the PC-98
Dec 20, 2023 4:43 AM

Oct 2017
Lol the troll at AI art and chatgpt. Wtf was that the end? They are using human brains for the AIs? Idk how I feel about this semi scifi stuff.
Dec 20, 2023 7:47 PM

Sep 2010
Reply to Marinate1016
Holy shit what the hell was that ending lmao? I’m worried about this ending now. I think the time travel game development plot was perfect, but going with the kidnapping creators and making their brains into AI might be a bit too ambitious and too big of a plot change. I hope they can land it since I love this show

Seems like we went from playful banter between Konoha and Mamoru to a kidnapping plot and her waking up in the Tron world lol.

Rest of the episode was cool though. I like how they touched on the use of AI in game development, something that’s very relevant in the real world. You also have the ethical concerns of using AI like we see with the American exec using Touya’s voice. Speaking of which, fuck that dude.

They touched on Konoha’s personality beginning to change to reflect the current era which I thought was a nice stake to add to things. If she doesn’t get back to her proper time soon, she may become fully part of this one. The clock is ticking.

Two more episodes let’s see how it goes
Marinate1016 said:
Rest of the episode was cool though. I like how they touched on the use of AI in game development, something that’s very relevant in the real world. You also have the ethical concerns of using AI like we see with the American exec using Touya’s voice. Speaking of which, fuck that dude.
I thought it touched on the ethical concerns of AI by highlighting Konoha's annoyance at having her art used as input for training an AI. Of course, Mamoru has considered this, and assures her that this experiment will be kept off the internet.
Dec 20, 2023 8:57 PM
Jan 2018
Oh no, she’s in trouble! But, one thing I’ll never get is, why do girls feel the need to scream every-time, kinda weird to squeal when you’re in a dangerous place if you know what I mean? Calmly assessing the situation is the way to go imo…
Dec 21, 2023 11:46 AM
Nov 2023
First of all AI being used advertised to help, in this age as artists are fighting against AI. And then the full 180 plot device that happens at the last minute...its just trying to be so much all at once and that's why I'm not going to finish it.
Dec 25, 2023 1:29 PM

Jul 2011
wtf what kind of substances were the creators on when they created the last few episodes? Is this the same show anymore?

+1

Was planning giving it 6/10 as it felt somehow really fine anime:
It was ok as-is: paradoxical, comedic and lighthearted story, not without blemishes but still...

Who's idea was inserting some generic villain and turn the show into Steins;Gate #2 ?

Not cool at all..:/

Now I don't even know how to rate.. 4/10? hmm
nick_el_sonDec 25, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 25, 2023 2:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's 2023 of course you use AI to make games (lol). Now the plot is getting even more mysterious and weirder in the sci-fi aspect since Konoha got kidnapped into that... human clone lab or whatever it is? I'm curious now
Dec 27, 2023 4:04 AM
Nov 2023
anyone aware of original chuu list?
is there any real game reference other than fate?
Dec 27, 2023 1:37 PM
Jul 2022
The theme totally shifted this episode and it’s a little uhh not what I expected and overly dramatic. Really loved this series up until this episode lol
Dec 28, 2023 2:50 AM

Jan 2011
What the hell kind of turn was that to take? I'll wait to watch to rest to make a final judgement, but my immediate reaction is it seems so unnecessary. I thought the timeline correction plot was already sufficient stakes for the finale.
Dec 29, 2023 11:13 AM

Nov 2013
damn this future is so grim lol sure the world might be in a better economy, but everything is so dark and boring

oh God, she got caught, and that place where she is looks creepy, i wonder what they are doing on those humans and what they plan to do with her
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 29, 2023 10:31 PM
Dec 2014
This continues to nosedive
Feb 16, 7:31 AM

Jan 2017
The interactions we got between Mamoru and Konoha are so sweet, they're practically a married couple already

Goddamn the sci-fi twist goes even deeper, IT'S THE ALIENS I TELL YOU! WHERE ARE YOU ECHO
Feb 19, 2:10 PM
Feb 2024
Well that certainly took a turn.... anyways im excited to see where these last couple episodes take us
Mar 16, 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
This series is getting out of hand with its sci-fi... 😏
Well, it's not sci-fi anymore nowadays.
A.I. can now reuse your voice to an actual message such as that. That's why it's scary, they can do something like that, and kidnapping is just the tip (or maybe much smaller) of the iceberg.
Konoha got kidnapped to a scary place. 😖
CrazyButNot4UMar 16, 10:04 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
This studio is cooking hard with the whole dunking on america and dumb consumer eating every slop you give them once you got them in your net.
Now they are even going for the AI is a scam and it's just indian doing the work that Amazon suffered recently (or maybe these "real size figure" arent used as brain power ?)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

108 by StalkerFairy »»
Mar 31, 1:15 AM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

79 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 21, 9:13 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2023

61 by SweetMonia »»
Mar 20, 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.