Forum Settings
Forums

When was the peak in your life you feel so intelligent?

New
Dec 11, 2023 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
I guess it is during my research year when I did programming everyday develop a structural optimization software. Also the same time when I took difficult classes such as advanced engineering math (basically about solving PDE by hands) etc, advanced structural mechanics, FEA course, etc.

Now after 3 years out from academics, depressed and basically NEET due to my disability and chronic sacrum tailbone pain, I feel dumber and dumber. I only do part time teaching for time to time now
philtecturophyDec 12, 2023 1:21 PM

Dec 11, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2020
When I was in vocational school. My memory worked better back then.
Dec 11, 2023 1:00 PM

Mar 2008
Before I became more blunted in my ability to feel emotions more freely I was better at communicating my emotions and better at reading people's feelings and thoughts highly intuitively and better at giving advice and hope.
Dec 11, 2023 1:52 PM

Jul 2021
I have always felt the most intelligent when I don't realize that I only know the very least. And I've always felt the most enlightened when I realize that I know nothing at all.

(Edit: sorry for posting cringe)
wizdom224Dec 11, 2023 7:39 PM
Dec 11, 2023 2:58 PM

Jan 2021
I guess 1st year of college for getting a distinction in Biology and 2nd highest percentage in the province.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Dec 11, 2023 3:41 PM

Feb 2020
Probably around my mid-teens, as this was when I started reading some advanced books on Dinosaurs and other earth sciences books.
With this I started listing all the Dinosaurs discovered in my country (this when the internet actually sucked for things like this), which ones were nomen dubium or junior synonyms etc.
I also started learning some Latin thinking that would help read and understand Dinosaur's names, but then I quickly realised that the majority of them were in Greek
Dec 11, 2023 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
I don't think i have ever thought of myself as smart ever. I always doubted my confidence in academics and i had no grades to prove me being smart. My grades were always a rollercoaster of topping half the subjects and barley passing in the other subjects. It was later i realized it's just my dsylexia

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Dec 11, 2023 9:16 PM

May 2020
Basically in high school where i made it to the top 10 national mathematical competition every year...

Back then, i was studious when it comes to Math especially on things i dunno...

Now the best i can do is atleast understand most math lessons in the high school level...

College engineering math gave me a harsh reality check...

That im not that smart at all...

On a subject that im supposed to be good at...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 11, 2023 11:45 PM

Jun 2019
Tomorrow, because I will have finally realised that something that seemed difficult until the day before was ultimately trivial.

@wizdom224 Pretty good post in fact. Only the ignorant ones boast about their knowledge.
Dec 12, 2023 3:21 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Grade school, since I was an honor student and wasn't subjected to the whims of puberty
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 12, 2023 6:36 AM

Feb 2018

According to my Folks... i was allegedly Spelling at "College Level" when i was around six years old.

Well... Mom and Pop... look at me now; the very Reincarnation of Neil Armstrong as you Live and Breathe...
Dec 13, 2023 5:35 AM
Dec 2022
Being attentive to one's own intelligence doesn't seem to be a productive mental gymanstics in the long run. I never thought of myself as a "smart cookie" or "smarty pants" in North American English parlance. A person doesn't magically become smarter or wiser if one keeps measuring her own intelligence.
Dec 13, 2023 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
You weren't more intelligent back then, chronic pain can be damaging to the brain on a structural and synaptic level.
That's why people who say "don't take pain killers" don't know what they are talking about. It's true that pain killers can damage other parts of your body, especially stomach, liver and kidneys (ps weed doesn't do that, just saying), but you are protecting your brain from damage.

Also living in a rut doesn't provide your prain with stimuli and it becomes "lazy", that will change if you get more things to do again.
Dec 13, 2023 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to tsukareru
I don't think i have ever thought of myself as smart ever. I always doubted my confidence in academics and i had no grades to prove me being smart. My grades were always a rollercoaster of topping half the subjects and barley passing in the other subjects. It was later i realized it's just my dsylexia
@My-T

Same with me and adhd lol.
I'm not complaining tho. I don't think people should be forced to learn something they are not interested in and didn't choose for themselves, so I never intended to change that. For subjects I didn't like and were a pain to learn, I invested barely enough to pass.
Dec 13, 2023 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
Don't feel I've hit my peak yet since I've always been a chronic underachiever.
Dec 14, 2023 1:13 AM

Jul 2010
I think it was probably period between 18-20.
Dec 16, 2023 10:50 AM

Nov 2017
Right now. But I thought that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.... And I'm sure I'll think the same thing the year after this, and the year after this and the year after... well, you get it.

I'm always learning something new or gaining a new skill, or refining myself in some way. That's how it should be, iyam
Dec 16, 2023 10:59 AM
Nov 2021
When I was on Twitter X debating people ٩( ᗒᗨᗕ )۶
Dec 16, 2023 11:31 AM
Sep 2023
Intelligence is basically the least important trait in life.
If you get pulled over by a cop, a dumb person will say "WAS I SPEEDING? OHHH I'M SORRY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I WON'T DO IT AGAIN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" and get let off with a warning.
A "smart" person will say "no, I don't know why I'm being pulled over. Am I being detained? Am I being detained? I will not make any further statements without a lawyer present." and get a ticket.
Intelligence is nothing but abstraction of and distance from natural intuition/instinct. And natural intuition/instinct is an accumulated wisdom of millions of people who lived and died before you.
Intelligent people are idiots.
OfficerPoonDec 16, 2023 11:38 AM
Dec 16, 2023 1:34 PM

Oct 2023
Sorry to hear that dude, hope things get easier for you!

As for me I was top in my year for maths and science around age 14, that was probably me at my peak. See myself as fairly average intelligence these days but used to think I was gifted... I hope this just means my ego is a bit more sensible now :P
Dec 16, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
The peak of my life has not happened yet, I am in waiting.
Dec 16, 2023 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to OfficerPoon
Intelligence is basically the least important trait in life.
If you get pulled over by a cop, a dumb person will say "WAS I SPEEDING? OHHH I'M SORRY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I WON'T DO IT AGAIN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" and get let off with a warning.
A "smart" person will say "no, I don't know why I'm being pulled over. Am I being detained? Am I being detained? I will not make any further statements without a lawyer present." and get a ticket.
Intelligence is nothing but abstraction of and distance from natural intuition/instinct. And natural intuition/instinct is an accumulated wisdom of millions of people who lived and died before you.
Intelligent people are idiots.
@OfficerPoon
That's called emotional intelligence though.
Dec 17, 2023 2:09 PM

Nov 2009
I think i was maybe 3 months old.. not totally sure but something like that

v i beleaf in you santa 🥹
DostojevskijDec 17, 2023 2:43 PM
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Dec 17, 2023 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
Now, for now is the culmination of everything in the past that has led up to this moment.
Dec 19, 2023 11:33 AM
Nov 2021
UncreatedSong said:
Now, for now is the culmination of everything in the past that has led up to this moment.

The best answer to "When was the peak in your life you feel so intelligent?"
Dec 20, 2023 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
i won a chess tournament back when i was a kid which made my brain feel pretty big. i still have the trophy in my room lol

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
2 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

16 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.