Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2010 1:13 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, Kiba is trapped in the Bliss, right?

~ By the way, Baby Kiba is SO KAWAII!!!!!!!! xD
KitaTsukiMay 31, 2010 10:16 AM

Aug 18, 2010 10:49 AM

Feb 2009
Ok I really enjoyed this episode and the warm feeling it gives, but seriously what is with that forced romance? Where did that just came from? I didn't like that part, even if it's supposed to be some sort of dream.
Jan 4, 2012 10:06 AM

Sep 2010
Puppy Kiba is so cute :3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 12, 2013 6:30 AM
Aug 2011
I guess Kiba is experiencing a mirage.

Looks like Toboe found his Paradise.
Feb 3, 2013 3:12 PM

Jan 2012
Kiba is trapped badly. Also Toboe won't continue the journey?

May 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode.

Kiba's emotionally trapped in the grassland. Snap out of it! This isn't the Paradise you're looking for!

I really doubt Toboe will stop there.

Feel so bad for Quent.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 13, 2013 2:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aw Toboe is so nice, staying with Quent. Funny how Quent wakes up and says, so I survived, but doesn't wonder how he could still be alive. I would've liked to stay at such a place where everyone was equal. Looks like the tribe is a really nice place to live. But of course, they have to look for their friend :) Kiba was so adorable as a pup, I guess he was sort of like a pet too. The man he was with was very kind, and it must've been sad to part with Kiba. The place where Kiba is in definitely seems like paradise...but it's not? Such a pretty place too, and it was cute how he chased the girl. I guess they really are animals ><
Oct 7, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode. Why couldn't they have just aired this immediately instead of the last 4 recap episodes? Ugh.
Oct 19, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
Toboe is staying?
And Kiba seems like he's in a sticky situation! There are no lunar flowers in that place anyways for it to be their paradise!
Jul 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Aug 2007
I love how soft-hearted Toboe is towards humans.
Poor thing just wants companionship from everyone he can.

Dec 16, 2015 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
i think i watchd this episode back when i started it, it looks really familiar.

anyway, 4/5 , curious to see how this ends up
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 8, 2016 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
Hmmm interesting !
May 11, 2016 7:27 AM

Mar 2010
Toboe was a bit naive but luckily nothing happened plus he did the right thing.. Hopefully this makes quent less vengeful against wolves..

Hmm mee looks pretty nice and shes a lynx, interesting. Tho i doubt shes up for anything good, it is an oasis after all so everything there is fake.. So this is kibas paradise heh..

I like the native americans and toboe does fit there.. Tho i think he will eventually get back to the pack

And why are kiba and mew in human form when it doesnt matter what you are?
May 27, 2016 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
@Chloe-tsundere Like in many prior situations where the wolves were'nt actually using it, they are shown as their human illusory form for "artistic convenience". It is easier to humanize them for the public to like them. And the makers would be limited if they had to work only with the animal look to convey the emotions etc...

edit:4/5 for my enjoyment of this episode.
Rei_IIIMay 27, 2016 4:37 AM
May 27, 2016 3:56 AM

Mar 2010
Rei366 said:
@Chloe-tsundere Like in many prior situations where the wolves were'nt actually using it, they are shown as their human illusory form for "artistic convenience". It is easier to humanize them for the public to like them. And the makers would be limited if they had to work only with the animal look to convey the emotions etc...

Id say thats the challenge.. Make the public like them as is and show proper emotions on animals ;)
May 27, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
@Chloe-tsundere That actually was the thing that bothered me the most back when I watched it for the first time. I was expecting to see them mostly as wolves as long as they would be by themselves (or by Cheza's side) but I resigned myself after a few episodes.

There have been well-done emotional "animals" animations long before Wolf's Rain came out who didn't even need the typical Disney-ish antropomorphism to develop interest from the audience and make it care about the non-human characters.
Exemple: the movies based on the novels from the writer of the "Watership down".
May 27, 2016 6:37 AM

Mar 2010
Rei366 said:
@Chloe-tsundere That actually was the thing that bothered me the most back when I watched it for the first time. I was expecting to see them mostly as wolves as long as they would be by themselves (or by Cheza's side) but I resigned myself after a few episodes.

There have been well-done emotional "animals" animations long before Wolf's Rain came out who didn't even need the typical Disney-ish antropomorphism to develop interest from the audience and make it care about the non-human characters.
Exemple: the movies based on the novels from the writer of the "Watership down".

Yeah I totally agree it ruined some of the experience.. As it starts to make no sense they just turn them human when they feel like it not when it is appropiate/fits in.

Still loved the serie tho
Nov 7, 2016 11:40 PM
Dec 2014
Getting some serious Ergo Proxy vibes off'n this one (in a good way, though).

The portrayal of Lynx (in human form) was fantastic. Her mannerisms, wide eyed stare and the indirectness of her speech really set her apart from Kiba's wolfish directness--you could feel that they were each from a different species, even before the reveal. Very well done.
May 11, 2017 1:19 AM

Jul 2008
I swear if we had one more recap.....

So where is this fake paradise?
May 20, 2017 2:32 AM
Apr 2014
Looks like Kiba is trapped in the matrix.
Dec 21, 2017 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
I think that, while the wolf boys had the chance, they should have disarmed Quent, then tie him up or something, and try to reason with him. Oh well, I guess he has to come to the conclusion on his own. Also the scene with Toboe laying in the snow with Quent reminded me of William Blake laying on the ground with a shot down deer in Dead Man.
Jan 26, 2020 7:13 PM

May 2017
Can't believe that First Nations people raised Kiba and believe in wolves. Damn. Rather unexpected, really
Nov 21, 2020 12:23 PM
Feb 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Jun 2016
Going by what the episode implied, Kiba appears to be caught up in the 'Garden of Eternity' - that desert just over the mountain range there, lol. At least we know that he wasn't teleported to another world.

Toboe rescued Quent for Blue's sake. Aww, how adorable of him, although he now is having second thoughts about the journey to Paradise.
A-Simple-SquireFeb 28, 2022 2:05 AM

May 4, 2023 4:12 PM

Aug 2017
Cool episode, finally the recaps are over,
I really thought Kiba was in paradise for real LOL, turns out he's trapped in Desert's bones, I wonder if Mew is merely an illusion also or she's a creature that Lure people to stay trapped forever,
Toboe is so innocent, Quent should be grateful for him, also were is Blue ? the last time we saw her she was knocked out by Jaguara's guards,
Still curious about what happened to Darcia,
I love how they introduced an Indian tribe out of nowhere, The wolves really fit in there,
So if they reached paradise the world is going to end ! that's really interesting, Let's see for now how Kiba is gonna escape the illusion.

Oct 1, 2023 4:51 PM
Dec 2021
It is both unexpected and perfectly makes sense that Toboe would stay. This episode was a bit odd. Expected a more lonely backstory for Kiba.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 10 Discussion

hanachan20 - Feb 5, 2010

29 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 18, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 26 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

46 by paruno »»
Mar 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 25 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

24 by Skydis »»
Feb 9, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 20 Discussion

redbuzz - Oct 9, 2008

33 by shahab92 »»
Feb 8, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 8, 2010

23 by Skydis »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.