Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 1, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
seems like stark has a bit of impostor syndrome. he's really strong, but it seems he's the only one who doesn't see it. and it's nice how subtly they show maturity with it. frieren and eisen do know he's already strong, but fern doesn't because he doesn't act like it.
i like how the show talks about the passing of time in small touches too. like the commentary about things seeming much bigger when we are young. i had an experience like this not long ago, working at the hous ei grew up in. that place seemed so much bigger when i was a child.
ilike how this is melancholic but wholesome at the same time. this is nostalgia in animated form.
Dec 2, 2023 5:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn Stark was too mean to the red dragon. He's hitting the dragon too hard till it can't even waken up again smh. But i like his guts there dare to call baba Frieren, kuso baba. After watching Ragna and then having all the watch here as Stark, no wonder i laugh hard here as well lmao

Well back to the journey matter. Stark described the hero journey as a ridiculous yet fun trip. Seeing the matter as Frieren pov; having those shaved ice spell case without any syrup spell. Hell yeah right that's ridiculous matter which no wonder they spent so much time, like 10 years before reaching the destination. Frieren like to waste a time. Heiter likes to enjoy booze till he hang over too much in the morning. Himmel waste time too by saving people all around before continuing the journey. While Eisen can't stop postponing the battle, till he's ready to rumble. However times its need, all just waiting time. No wonder its ridiculous yet a fun journey indeed....

Alright, enough. I like Fern and Stark chemistry. Especially since Fern finished inspecting Stark lower body through his clothes, via those ridiculous spell they found out through those solar dragon grimoir kekw. Tho they need to cooperate more firmly and likely, since the journey to the North ahead seems way more dangerous. So yeah, 3/4 way to go i guess....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 2, 2023 6:05 PM

May 2021
And somehow people think Madhouse is not a great studio anymore. Hopefully this fight in this episode changed their mind. They have done a spectacular job. Can't wait for more. Also Stark is OP and cool as hell!

BTW I can't wait how Frieren will punish Stark for calling her old hag. Lol!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 6, 2023 6:50 PM
Apr 2020
Tons of great stuff in this episode, Stark killing the dragon was sick and Fern and Stark have a really nice/kinda funny relationship already
Dec 11, 2023 4:15 AM
Dec 2023
BEST LIFE CHANGES ANIME FOREVER
Dec 17, 2023 12:11 AM

Feb 2020
poor dragon was just trying to collect some nice treasures and live a peacefull life with his magic to see through clothes ;-;

So cute when frieren dropped her book hahaha
really a sweet episode and I definitely love the feature of fear in this.
DoisacChopperDec 17, 2023 12:17 AM

Dec 18, 2023 12:51 AM

Feb 2021
This must be one of the best episodes in Frieren. The dragon scene is awesome not to mention the soundtracks too. I liked how Stark's backstory are slowly revealed during the fight. I can't help myself rewatching the episode again and again. There is just so much attention to detail. I think the whole fight against the dragon also lasted exactly 30 seconds. Keep it up, Madhouse.

Dec 21, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
Até o momento os episódios estão fazendo eu me sentir muito bem. Me faz refletir sobre o "tempo".
Dec 26, 2023 10:03 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, Eisen was afraid of him....yeah they are going to be fine.
Dec 27, 2023 7:56 AM
Dec 2023
I love this episode!
Dec 27, 2023 8:23 PM
Jan 2023
I have no thoughts lol
Dec 31, 2023 1:05 PM
Dec 2023
i think it's very good so far
Jan 1, 12:01 PM
Mar 2020
I like dthis episode a lot because it delved more into Frierens' past while also letting us learn more about Starks character and Eisens character as well. Showing Stark overcoming his fears and showing how strong he truly is.
Jan 3, 1:10 AM
Jan 2024
not interesting with this
Jan 4, 4:40 PM
Nov 2019
Nice episode. I kind of feel bad for the old dragon they murdered to take his stuff though. On the other hand, most if not all of that stuff was also robbed so...
Jan 4, 8:01 PM

Apr 2021
Fern is a pervert confirmed.
Jan 5, 4:36 PM
Jun 2021
Very unique, i loved the experience that the show is puting me into.
Jan 6, 7:10 PM
Jan 2024
Xem hết nhanh voãi 23p mà cứ như 5p
Jan 6, 7:35 PM
Jan 2024
It was just fine, I dont understand why is it better tan Full Metal Alchemist
Jan 9, 6:24 PM

Jun 2016
Good show so far,love it.
Jan 10, 11:23 PM
Jan 2024
i thinnk this Frieren can do better if she have Himmel
Jan 13, 11:25 AM
Aug 2018
Poor Frieren! She just wanted to look for magic books and spells! She just wanted to take her time!
Jan 19, 7:48 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 21, 1:58 AM

Oct 2010
Cool episode, nice to see everyone reliving the exploits of the legendary heroes that came before them in a way of their own.

To love and live and realize how little time there is to do it..
Would any other anime come close to this.
Jan 23, 4:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn, the Stark vs Dragon fight animation was really impressive
Jan 27, 6:07 AM
Nov 2021
mr stark on top🔥🔥🔥
Jan 28, 2:37 PM

Aug 2020
Man, seeing Fern turn down Stark's invitation was brilliant!

Her sitting down at the bar reminded me of Makima. You all probably know what I mean.
Jan 29, 1:42 PM
Apr 2023
its soo nicee this anime
Feb 2, 2:00 AM
Apr 2023
this anime so masterpiece
Feb 2, 8:17 PM

Mar 2023
Gosh golly animation galore. I know this show is more about dialogue and ambiance and sentimentally than actions scenes, but of course, action scenes in some parts are necessary to convey just how powerful the main characters are and why they're so prestigious. So the dragon fight scene was excellent. It was gorgeously animated.

I love the new Stark character. I was worried at first that he wouldn't mesh well with the other two very passive female characters. Frieren and Fern had a good solo thing going—will adding a man to the mix make things less soothing? No, Stark's dynamic in this episode matches theirs completely. Like puzzle pieces fitting together. All the characters emit a calm and subtle energy, albeit Stark occasionally has his comedic over the top moments, like when he called Frieren an old hag, which is a nuance to his character I really appreciate. The three have a great dynamic. They have similar temperances but have distinct personalities.

Extremely specific praise: I like when Fern was retelling her first battle with a monster; she said Frieren didn't offer aid, and Stark interjected "my master was like that too". It's cool how Stark briefly interrupted Fern's flashback monologue. To cement that Fern's story is not just a monologue, but dialogue being delivered to Stark for a reason; Stark's comment conveys that he is actively listening to Fern's story. Just feels like a specific attention to detail that brings the characters to life more. This isn't just a shounen fantasy, it's a world to get immersed in.
Feb 3, 5:15 PM
Dec 2023
It was amazing, awesome, and cool
Feb 11, 2:15 AM
Dec 2022
The addition of Stark to the party seems to be working well. Looks like Frieren can still command respect at the border town.
Feb 12, 6:17 AM
Nov 2019
"The last thing you need is fate, as your previous accumulated efforts would not betray you" said Fern to Stark, who then paused and contemplated .I could really relate to that line. Sometimes we are just scared to do something for the first time, but with ample will and determination, we have courage to just do that thing we're afraid to do for the first time.And to do something even if you're afraid, out of a noble will, is a commendable move.Next time i want to do something new, ill just prepare sufficiently and do it, trusting myself.
Feb 12, 6:19 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Embient
Btw the Japanese name of this (Sousou no Frieren) actually means "Frieren of the funeral"

This is probably the most well-made dragon fight I've ever seen in anime holy shit
Now I kinda feel bad for the dragon.
This is so cute lmao. The gap moe is real.

Oh god it's the spell that allows you to see though clothes
I want to ship Fern and Stark so bad but stem staying friends/comrades would be cool too.

Really good episode!
@Embient same i kinda wanna ship them too
Feb 12, 9:25 PM

Jul 2023
lol. For much of his cowardice, Stark's abilities are enough to kill the dragon. He just lacks the confidence.
Feb 17, 6:37 PM

Feb 2016
sheesh best one yet, it's because of my fear that got me this far. very deep
Feb 18, 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
Very nicely animated fight with the dragon, even if too flashy at some points. I didn't expect Stark to be this powerful.

Farewell, dragon. Frieren's greed was more important than your life. It's ironic to see a dragon getting killed several years after it ceased to attack the village.

What's with another tone change? It looks as if ep. 1-4 and ep. 5 were different to ep. 6's atmosphere. I feel this series will start becoming more witty in a cliched way with every next episode. I hope it won't, of course.
Feb 25, 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
Probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't like the animation style they did with the Dragon fight.

This animation style seems to be pretty popular in 2023/2024 (one piece/jujutsu season 2 used it as well) but I really don't like it>< people can hive mind and call it better all day want but in the end it's just way less clear/detailed and the constant zoom ins just make it harder to follow fights. I honestly would like this style a lot more if they wouldn't zoom in every five seconds/spam camera cuts so you could actually see whats going on

The funny thing is that before it became popular people were actually making fun of it (naruto used it a few times) but now everyone is suddenly acting like it's the best thing ever~~

The rest of the episodes is pretty nice. The design of the monster they were facing in the past was absolutely stunning. Also nice to see they have a new teammate but I'm kinda gonna miss the interactions between just fern/frieren. I actually think the show would have been best if it was just the two of them because they're both very calm (in both manners and voice)/realistic (and most of all, gotta love ferns emotionless eyes lol) while the new guy is...well. Your typical shounen anime protagonist. Loud and full of tropes^"

removed-userFeb 25, 5:39 PM
Feb 25, 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Adnash
Very nicely animated fight with the dragon, even if too flashy at some points. I didn't expect Stark to be this powerful.

Farewell, dragon. Frieren's greed was more important than your life. It's ironic to see a dragon getting killed several years after it ceased to attack the village.

What's with another tone change? It looks as if ep. 1-4 and ep. 5 were different to ep. 6's atmosphere. I feel this series will start becoming more witty in a cliched way with every next episode. I hope it won't, of course.
Adnash said:

Yeah I agree. I hope they can actually stick to the more mature and calm (yet emotional) atmosphere rather than going full tropemode/comedy
removed-userFeb 25, 5:44 PM
Mar 6, 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
Holy yeah alright... Anyone worth anything has faced fear before in their first battle or against an opponent who seemed considerably stronger. This is true for Stark, Fern and also someone like mighty warrior Eisen. However just as Fern stated, the result of their training will show their results. Bruh Stark didn't even need support or active backup, bro just soloed the entire dragon all on his own and he didn't even realize he killed it.
Now add this info with the fact that Eisen punched Stark during their argument simply because he's scared of Stark at that moment. Damn, Stark's potential is immense, he already has the skills but is lacking in experience, this adventure he's undertaking right now would allow him to bloom into the warrior he is capable of becoming.

Someone told me that in the manga, the battle scene between Stark and the dragon was not only brief, it was far too simplistic. For that reason, I must commend Madhouse for doing what they did and making that short battle with such an impressive animation fluidity and use of exhilarating perspective, cool clash.

The rest of the ep is showing us how Stark is a parallel to Fern. He too wanted to please and repay his master/saviour before their death as did Fern to Heiter. Hopefully, that similarity would bring Fern and Stark closer as teammates because this adventure is a long one.
Maybe... JUST MAYBE... Stark could show that his rod of destruction is not 'small'. Shit, that was such a rude remark there from Fern.

Welp, anyway it's time for the trio to keep moving forward! All they had to do was reveal Frieren's identity and they would've been let through. The fame and legacy of the hero's party live on.
Mar 8, 3:18 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 5:19 PM
Apr 2023
Stark is awesome, plus there was a really nice message this episode. A ridiculous and fun journey is always better than a serious one haha. I'm really starting to love this show

oh and that dragon fight was PEAK
Mar 12, 10:19 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing that fight animation is so good
Mar 16, 10:17 PM

Dec 2022
they nailed that animation on the fight with the dragon man this episode made me excited for the next season of HotD
Mar 21, 4:38 PM
Aug 2018
i dont like this DA and i dont understand why himmels became very little
Mar 22, 4:11 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing, i Love this anime
Mar 23, 3:14 PM
Apr 2017
I think everyone should watch it
Mar 24, 1:43 PM

Aug 2019
liked fren's angry glare at stark :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:00 PM
Dec 2021
Bộ phim ý nghĩa
Mar 25, 8:52 AM
Feb 2022
Great ep! would watch the rest of the eps!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Did she view him that way?

kingsley_017 - May 20

39 by IhnalakoKaina »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2023

278 by Unmechanicalwax »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

820 by Huperchild »»
Yesterday, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23

223 by corvKa »»
Yesterday, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

584 by giancarloquin »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.