Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which is the best out of all of them?
Oct 11, 2023 7:35 PM

Oct 2019
After seeing the return of Madhouse making good anime, we've been seeing a lot of these names nowadays like LIDENFILMS, ENGI, OLM, and C2C nowadays. Of course, studios like Passione and Diomedea have been present for a long while like LIDENFILMS... Geek Toys, Maho Film, and Project No. 9 are stuck with animating crappy light novel adaptations. As for me, the studios that are actually decent at doing their adaptations are LIDENFILMS, C2C, Diomedea, and OLM.

I don't know, what do you guys think about this? I actually have no clue how to phrase these studios since they are obviously different than the big names like TRIGGER, Wit Studio, A-1 Pictures, and MAPPA. But I think they did a good job animating the sources they dealt with.

EDIT: I actually forgot to mention this one, but I think Doga Kobo should also be a choice in this poll. It makes sense for them to be in it because they are basically like its other contenders, just with more refined and cuter eye candies to look at.
ZeroMajor12Oct 13, 2023 9:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2023 7:38 PM

Jan 2020
OLM has great animation quality overall and I liked both ODDTAXI and Summertime Render so, voting that option.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 11, 2023 8:43 PM

Sep 2020
Either OLM or C2C is my favorite from the list.
Oct 11, 2023 9:40 PM

Feb 2020
LIDENFILMS is easily my favorite from this list.

Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows
Miss Monochrome The Animation
Urasekai Picnic

etc.

SerafosOct 11, 2023 10:10 PM
Oct 12, 2023 12:51 AM

May 2018
OLM is the best and also the biggest from those four.
Second place for Diomedea.
Oct 12, 2023 2:17 AM

Sep 2018
OLM improved a lot in the recent years and became my all time favorite studio after the old Madhouse (which came back with Frieren but I feel like it's going to be the exception, not the rule).

C2C is showing good production value, they just need to pick the right source materials and they'll make very good anime.

LIDENFILMS is making a lot of anime but in terms of production value is far from excellent. It is slowly improving since they made Tokyo Revengers s1 though, and I loved Ryza no Atelier.

Diomedea isn't technically my least favorite studio just because I dropped too many of their anime too early to rate them, but I'm sure it would be if I forced myself to complete them.
NirinboOct 12, 2023 2:40 AM
Oct 12, 2023 2:37 AM

Jul 2021
Dioméda and their close up mouth shots are the greatest of it all.
Oct 12, 2023 4:01 AM
May 2023
I watched an episode of the new Diomeda show with detective Kamonohashi and I enjoyed it. It's not some major eyecandy show with stunning action animation that makes you go 'ooh' and 'aah' every ten seconds and that's fine. The main enjoyment comes from the quirky main characters and their interaction and they didn't screw that up. There were scenes in which things were rather static, but they tried and added different angles etc. so it's not so bad that it kicks you out of immersion or anything. I also found the background art including vegetation well done.
Oct 12, 2023 10:56 AM

Feb 2021
I missed the part where LIDENFILMS animates light novel adaptations...

They are all pretty meh, they all had some mid anime, like OLM had Komi-san which I thought was pretty boring, and they also had Total Fantasy Knockout which I thought was meh as well.

LIDENFILMS probably went even worse with their adaptation of Tokyo Revengers, the story isn't the strongest so I don't blame that on them, but more so the crappy production in general.
Oct 12, 2023 11:08 AM

Apr 2021
My number 1 is olm like most other

Number 2 is lidenfilms. They are kind of inconsistent.

Number 3 is c2c. They are doing pretty well but they need to make more animes for me to rank them higher.

And there was only 2 or 3 diomedea shows that i thought was not bad so...
Oct 12, 2023 11:30 AM

Oct 2022
LIDENFILMS always does a pretty good job at all of their projects. Even stuff like Deji Meets Girl with a very small budget has a unique fun vibe with it.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Oct 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Sep 2007
C2C, then OLM and LIDENFILMS so far. I haven't seen enough anime from Diomedea to judge fairly and reasonably.
Oct 12, 2023 1:28 PM

Jan 2020
OLM was always great outside of kids anime even way back in the 90s
Oct 12, 2023 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
OLM comes out on top for me, especially with how phenomenal Summertime Rendering was, and they're also a studio with a lot of experience and a good track record. C2C and LIDEN FILMS are tied. Those two I've seen quite a bit from, and they've put out some stuff I really like and that looks really good (Tsukimichi from C2C, Call of the Night and Insomniacs after School from LIDEN FILMS). C2C also has that Shangri-la anime this season and I've heard good things about it. With both LIDEN FILMS and C2C, I feel like they've done a good job at producing good anime, but I don't know if they've had anything that's stood out (aside from maybe Call of the Night, but I haven't heard much about it since it ended.)

Oct 12, 2023 6:59 PM

Feb 2021
I'm gonna have to pick C2C here. They have been producing anime with great animation consistency and overall interesting shows (except for Shachou battle no jikan) for the past 3 years.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 12, 2023 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t know, none of those of studios have a reputation for consistently producing good anime.
Oct 12, 2023 7:53 PM

Oct 2016
OLM is very interesting to follow when they don't make Pokémon.

So, let them make all the Pokémon they want, if it means we get all the other stuff.
Oct 12, 2023 7:59 PM

Mar 2019
All of these are doing a very good job in recent years, but if I have to choose one, I'll go with OLM.

Oct 12, 2023 8:30 PM

Aug 2010
Chose OLM. I was impressed with Komi's adaptation that the name OLM stuck to me. I wasn't interested in the series at all in the beginning, but I thought they did so well animating it. Summertime Render looks nice as well, and really enjoyed ODDTAXI.

I'm only familiar with LIDENFILMS next because they have pretty interesting shows, but I find the animation to be acceptable at best.
Oct 12, 2023 9:19 PM

Oct 2019
OLM is pretty huge. they were just busy animating pokemon, thats the only reason they were less talked about until recently.

but i get your picture.

and out of these, my favourite is by far and beyond pine jam. their animation style has such great charm to it, and all of their works (that i have seen) look and feel great!
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

6 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

125 by Tsunega21 »»
11 minutes ago

» What is the most memorable first episode of an anime you've watched?

mahrjose - 9 hours ago

24 by Toooooooooohru »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - Yesterday

15 by Toooooooooohru »»
18 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

80 by StyxParadise »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.