Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2023 2:34 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to PhoenixCOof
This episode's direction (?) was terrible. Quite a gap in quality compared to previous episodes and especially the first season. Itadori for some reason screamed with his mouth shut, the fights are incomprehensible at a first glance (weird camera angles), and there is general weirdness throughout the entire episode. The animation might be fluid, but it's not visually appealing at all.

IMO the worst episode yet.
@PhoenixCOof then again gojo's past arc was done so beautifully and now we get these janky looking episodes though it's not terrible imo. These two arcs feel like they are from different anime ngl.
Oct 5, 2023 2:41 PM
Jun 2023
0 defeitos, igual a todo o restante da temporada.
Oct 5, 2023 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
Boring af episode....its like a yo yo with this season
Oct 5, 2023 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to MrTranAnh
Why was the ending scene of this episode so abrupt? Feels like a bad edit
@MrTranAnh That's often how the manga chapters end, so no concerns here
Oct 5, 2023 2:46 PM

Feb 2017
Not a single one of the new evil sorcerers is interesting at all...
most of the action was boring or hard to follow...
still love jjk but i'd say that this is the worst episode so far.

(not) toji being the only good thing.
Oct 5, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2018
Please, don't offend me, could someone tell me when the best arc in battle shounen history starts getting good? So far, it's quite weak. Not even the fights are saving this arc.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 5, 2023 2:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Kid Gojo is freaking SCARY. Dude is just casually walking around with his hands in his pockets striking fear into the sorcerers around him. Funnily enough, apparently kid Gojo has the same VA for Killua.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 5, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2022
While we still didn´t get a full episode with just fighting, it seems we are finally getting there. Toji showing is face again is nice, I wish Gojo was around to see it. Can´t wait to see if Megumi will get his eyes on him. But it´s looking bad for Ino, lots of blood on the ground. Yuji and Megumi vs the mustache guy (I forgot his name and the episode didn´t mention it) looks like to be a short fight. At least from what I read about him, he seem to be more powerful, but maybe the next episode will sow more stuff.
And we´re about to see some Nanami action next week, can´t wait.

"Watch in a well-lit room from a safe distance". Did I just see a Gintama reference in JJK?
Oct 5, 2023 3:06 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to thingussy
@PhoenixCOof then again gojo's past arc was done so beautifully and now we get these janky looking episodes though it's not terrible imo. These two arcs feel like they are from different anime ngl.
@thingussy Yes, the good episodes fortunately overshadow the bad ones, which is why I rated the anime an eight. What I disliked was this single episode, not the whole adaptation in general.
Oct 5, 2023 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Animo_san said:
wtf Toji came back alive?

APEXPRED4T0R said:
Wdym Toji resurrected? Isn't it more like they're using his body.

It's more accurate to say that the old lady's technique shape-shifted her grandson into Toji, he hasn't literally come back to life.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2023 3:14 PM
Mar 2020
The uptake of redundant dialogues and over explanations in Shibuya arc has been very surprising since it goes against everything the series stood for. This ep went back to ep 8 quality and due to bad directing and animation the impact of Toji didn't even hit me at all. Really sad to see this inconsistency, no wonder the situation over at MAPPA is tense
Oct 5, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 2019
t o j i, gojo gojo toji gojo
Oct 5, 2023 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
Gojo as a kid looks like Killua and is voiced by Killua, based.
The new group are all extremely brutal and ruthless, I liked the idea of the mustache guy making weaker attacks stronger, and Yuji and Megumi get a nice team-up!
Oct 5, 2023 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
Switch_Z said:
@MrTranAnh That's often how the manga chapters end, so no concerns here

Yeah, I do read the manga but I feel like it won’t work as well for the anime
Oct 5, 2023 4:45 PM

Mar 2023
baby gojo AND papi toji?!?
Oct 5, 2023 4:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow, this family is fucked up lol, glad they’ll most likely be done in soon if there’s a good thing to come from Gojo’s capture lol. And I definitely wasn’t expecting Toji to return like this, but even if it’s just a recreation it’s still nice to see the lad again, and we know how strong he is from seeing the first arc this season, it’s a shame (and unsurprising) the toboggan wearing guy is most likely dead because of it but still very cool lol. And Yuji and Fushiguro’s fight with the “inverse” technique was really nice as well, they thoroughly finessed him once his weakness was discovered, some comical moments there too which really reminded me of how silly this series can be lol.

And lastly, Gojo sadly wasn’t born on the day of a Grateful Dead show, there was one on 12/6/89 however which I might need to give a listen soon, that setlist looks tasty lol.
TheColonel76Oct 5, 2023 5:01 PM
Oct 5, 2023 5:12 PM
Oct 2016
Two seemingly random fights with one becoming very important while the other is just a fodder match. You gotta hate it for poor Ino, he tried very hard to get back to Yuji and Megumi but fell into that trap. This grandmother and grandson duo randomly showing up here now that Gojo is sealed. Using her powers as A medium to transform the grandson into Toji himself. Truly changing the dynamic of this arc by sort of bringing back one of the most powerful characters in the whole series. Now will that be able to hold up we'll have to see. The animation looked really good with Ino zooming around with his water jets. All his different techniques were interesting but too bad he just got taken out like that. Yuji and Megumi fight against this old man was less engaging which sucked that it took up more of the episode. Typical enemy has weird Jujutsu technique that the boys have to figure out and they do then they beat the old man. It's nice seeing them fighting again but aside from that the seance has much more implications.
Oct 5, 2023 5:43 PM
Jun 2015
Woah woah woah! TOJI IS BACK!!! Intense! He ain’t have to do my boy Ino like that damn. As soon as they did a flashback of him wanting to be a First-grade and earning it the right way, it was giving death flags…. Hopefully he’s okay.

As for the gang, they figured out the barrier while catching those involved. On top of beating old dude’s behind. They too clutch.

That Gojo backstory - he’s been a GOAT since birth

Why did the episode end like that lol
Oct 5, 2023 5:55 PM
Jan 2022
such a great episode, also the ost comin out at the end was soooo good
Oct 5, 2023 6:02 PM
Apr 2023
Why does kid Gojo look like Killua from hxh
Oct 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Apr 2022
look at that netero lookin ass dude, wearing the same outfit on top as pre-timeskip zoro as well, goofy ahh. solid episode but the masked ninja dude carried the episode for me personally and i have no idea why they dimmed that scene where yuji and fushiguro attack together, wasn't even that flashy and it was my favorite scene from the trailer of shibuya but it didn't hit the same here. oh well, at least the other stuff looked good i guess though like it was fluid but i'm definitely bummed. we have the masked guy using another drill kinda thing, use the power of the spirals simon! touji is sort of back, rip. i'm a gojo fan but kid gojo is just meh.
Oct 5, 2023 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
im hoping the next ep doesnt focus completelly on the fight against the granny an her grandson
Oct 5, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2021
ZEN'IN TOJI!!!! i got chills
Oct 5, 2023 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
I actually had to laugh when Yuuji hit the veil and Ino just stood there in shock. The 3 curse users on the roof of the Shibuya Central Tower certainly didn't expect anyone to find out about this place so quickly.

Ino has a very interesting technique. The guy who protected the grandmother didn't really have a chance, but he was able to hold out until the granny could finish her ritual. I expected a lot, but of all the people, her grandson turns into Toji? I'm guessing what we saw in that little jar was a piece of bone? At least that's what it looked like. What followed was pure slaughter. This further proved how incredibly strong Toji was. Poor Ino didn't stand a chance and was completely destroyed within a second. At this point, however, I wonder how long this transformation will last.

By the way, the curse users are a bunch of disgusting fucks. The scene in the forest alone was proof enough of that.

Absolutely crazy how Gojo's birth alone was enough to turn the entire world upside down. I felt enormous satisfaction when these two curse users went into such panic just from Gojo's presence. The fact that young Gojo is voiced by Ise Mariya made it even better.

At first I couldn't really figure out how this old curse user's technique worked. Like Megumi, I thought it was damage nullification. However, I also noticed that one of the summoned rabbits was doing damage for some reason. As perceptive as Megumi is, he obviously figured out how the technology worked straight away. No wonder this old guy didn't take any damage when he fell from the 41st floor.
The way Yuuji and Megumi overpowered him was further evidence of their excellent teamwork, and Yuuji's adaptability within a fight is almost uncanny. I have no idea what a fight against "Toji" might look like. He may not have his cursed tools at hand, but I hardly need to mention how incredible his physical abilities are.

Can't wait for next week.

Oct 5, 2023 6:57 PM
Nov 2019
Between this episode and the grasshoper curse a few episodes back, it seems like the studio's just not gonna put much effort behind these less important fights.
Oct 5, 2023 7:13 PM
Apr 2016
The action sequences were terribly directed once again in this episode. The overly usage of slow mo and close ups made it lack visibility and dynamism. Obviously the ghosting and dimming are still there ruining the whole thing further more.

I’m sorry but we can’t condone such mediocre work by Mappa with JJK. I was expecting the very best of them for this arc. The Gojo-Geto flashback was much better than this. What the hell happened ?!
CruicruiseOct 5, 2023 7:18 PM
Oct 5, 2023 7:16 PM
Jan 2022
I honestly realized just now, I shouldn’t care how other people feel about the action and choreography. I absolutely loved it and I’ve quit trying to tell blind people that it’s amazing
Oct 5, 2023 7:50 PM
Jun 2022
So tired of the slow motion and close up bs. Like oh yeah I love watching ufc fights on 300% zoom .25 speed. I also pause the match for 3 seconds whenever a punch lands.
Oct 5, 2023 8:15 PM

Jun 2021
Hell yeah, Yuji and Megumi's tag team fight.
Gojo being Gojo, well he's scary as a kid.
Oct 5, 2023 8:27 PM
Feb 2016
Loved the simultaneous fights going on, although I'm worried about the guy on the rooftop; they seem to have the upper hand on him near the end of the episode. But I thought the inverse technique was super original and interesting.
Oct 5, 2023 8:28 PM
Nov 2016
The episode and the fight scene were ok I guess, not horrible but not that good either, the quality is degrading on this anime which makes sense based on that other thread around here about the MAPPA staff complaining or whatever, it's a shame since this season had a strong start in the first 5 episodes, oh well.

But as I said, it's not horrible by any means, I still believe this is slightly above the standards but not by much, I just hope the quality doesn't degrade further.
Oct 5, 2023 9:01 PM

May 2021
Above average episode, I want the students killing sorcerers though, no mercy or any of that weak stuff, they need to embrace the full lenght of their responsabilities, anyways 6.5/10.
Oct 5, 2023 9:03 PM
Nov 2019
pertarungan kombinasi antara itadori dan fushiguro
My Candies :
Oct 5, 2023 9:10 PM
Dec 2016
Reply to Phosphophyllita
Please, don't offend me, could someone tell me when the best arc in battle shounen history starts getting good? So far, it's quite weak. Not even the fights are saving this arc.
@Phosphophyllita second half for me. Probably around eps 14 or 15. Eps 16 is probably where everything went wrong if my calculation correct.
Oct 5, 2023 10:06 PM

Jan 2017
Yuuji Itadori and Megumi Fushiguro pair fighting :>"
Oct 5, 2023 10:41 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Shadow_Master8
I honestly realized just now, I shouldn’t care how other people feel about the action and choreography. I absolutely loved it and I’ve quit trying to tell blind people that it’s amazing
@Shadow_Master8 But it's not. Its fine if you enjoy it but let's not pretend the battle choreography have been good so far because thats really not the case.

While they did Hidden Inventory quite well I can't say the same for Shibuya so far. They have been abusing close ups during combat scenes and the choreography it's quite lacking when you compare it to Season 1 or Hidden Inventory. The Gojo fight felt weird but this episode made it clear to me why...

I would like to think they will put more effort during the important fights but maybe that won't be the case or more like it seems Shibuya will get screwed by the scheduling problems in Mappa. Considering this is JJK best arc I really hope that won't be the case.
Oct 5, 2023 10:43 PM

Feb 2021
I like how Itadori can scream without opening his mouth....

Nice job Mappa
Oct 5, 2023 11:01 PM
Jan 2022
Siegfried10 said:
@Shadow_Master8 But it's not. Its fine if you enjoy it but let's not pretend the battle choreography have been good so far because thats really not the case.

While they did Hidden Inventory quite well I can't say the same for Shibuya so far. They have been abusing close ups during combat scenes and the choreography it's quite lacking when you compare it to Season 1 or Hidden Inventory. The Gojo fight felt weird but this episode made it clear to me why...

I would like to think they will put more effort during the important fights but maybe that won't be the case or more like it seems Shibuya will get screwed by the scheduling problems in Mappa. Considering this is JJK best arc I really hope that won't be the case.

See normally, I’d say what I loved and explain, but I give up. Believe what you wanna believe, I’m loving it and the choreography, and that’s all that matters for me.
Oct 5, 2023 11:02 PM

Jan 2020
Amazing episode. Really love the tag team between Yuji and Megumi.
Oct 5, 2023 11:11 PM
May 2021
the dark skin is back
Oct 5, 2023 11:15 PM
Jun 2023
goaTMaru said:
Animation in this episode is even worse than during fight with green insect. I had very high expectations, because of fans overhyping this arc and I'm disappointed. Another meh episode about fighting with some random geezers. Or is it just again build-up episode? How many build-up episodes will be, 20?

WORSE THAN GRASSHOPER?
Dimming was unnoticable for me and it all looked clean bro, Idk what you expected, maybe the artstyle and choreography turns people off.
Oct 5, 2023 11:16 PM
Jun 2023
kaybee said:
Is it me or the Shibuya Incident arc fights are all drawn up close and over using slow motions effects? The first part of this season was way better... Almost feel like it's a different studio taking care of this.

Story is interesting but the fights are so boring and not fluid

Yeah, I agree with the close ups, there must be a good reason outside of possible bad pruduction enviroment
Oct 5, 2023 11:53 PM
Jun 2013
The "sudden flashback before dying" it's getting way too predictable right now.
Oct 6, 2023 12:05 AM

Mar 2019
Megumi falling from the sky with an elephant haha.. 🐘
Oct 6, 2023 12:21 AM

Nov 2020
people saying this episode has bad animation cant see properly.
Oct 6, 2023 12:22 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to goaTMaru
Animation in this episode is even worse than during fight with green insect. I had very high expectations, because of fans overhyping this arc and I'm disappointed. Another meh episode about fighting with some random geezers. Or is it just again build-up episode? How many build-up episodes will be, 20?
@goaTMaru you actually cant tell a rock from a tree apparently. this episode has had some of the best animation so far. you must be blind. all the smears and impact frames went crazy.
Oct 6, 2023 12:39 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm against the whole resurrection cliche but if it's Toji then cook.
Oct 6, 2023 1:05 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Wow what? This is peak, the animation and music are crazy good.
Loved every second if it, mappa i love you.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 6, 2023 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
gojo is a monster even as a kid

and damn toji is revive somewhat

megumi and yuji are cool in this episode too
Oct 6, 2023 2:07 AM

Dec 2010
I knew that Ino would go the way of the Dodo the moment he was introduced, but facing Toji in his first on-screen fight? Man, he never had a chance. By the way, I love when Shamanism is involved in Magic AniManga, but with this being a squash fight it sours the taste a little bit 😔
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

536 by QuilPalta »»
4 hours ago

» Can someone recap this season and everything after it plse (and season 1 and the film)

boredxoxo - Apr 13

1 by Zimmu »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

393 by frequency15k »»
Apr 30, 10:02 PM

» Jujutsu Kaisen is officially the world’s most popular TV show, surpassed One Piece and Attack on Titan, according to Guinness World Records

DrkSeid69 - Apr 4

44 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.