Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
The trio outside the veil was figuring the stuff out and faced the guys from the end of the last episode. Ino's technique was cool and Itadori and Megumi were fighting the mustache guy. And there we have it. The GOAT has returned along with nothing but pure hype. What a legend.

We got a little backstory on those guys and how Gojo's birth affected the entire Jujutsu world. The fight was super cool but the main part about this episode was Toji's entrance and man he violated my boy, Ino. Felt sad there. Cool episode. Can't wait for the next one.
Oct 5, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2020
Of course, if it was as easy as giving your most lethal punch and subsequently taking down the curtain, someone would’ve done so ages ago. Now that it wasn’t, the trio of Itadori-Megumi-Ino ran a bit of their brain, and figured out the most important thing… the caster of the barrier must be at a place they could observe everything from.

And that in turn was true, when they found a totally abnormal trio of individuals up above the building roof… an old man straight out of the setting of Kung fu Hustle, an old granny who enchants sutras and old granny’s grandkid. Liked how we just went to the action with that no-nonsense approach. Itadori and Megumi teaming up for the old man, and Ino handling granny and her grandkid. Cool to see Ino with his technique of bringing out different kinds of auspicious beasts. Dude’s just not all talk after all, he knows how to fight as well.

Granny’s shapeshifting technique once again brought the GOAT Toji into the scene, and he despite not being his true self, did beat the hell out of Ino… poor guy lol. As for Itadori and Megumi, was about time they could figure out the technique of this old man with a weird hairstyle… that Inverse technique. The stronger the attacks, less the damage he suffers. Over for him, I mean he never stood a chance to duo to begin with.

A complete action episode, and it did look good, and so does Gojo's arrogance even as a kid lol.
Oct 5, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
How to turn up the hype even more? Simply by bringing Toji back.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2023 9:12 AM

Dec 2021
It's a pleasure to witness Megumi and Itadori teaming up once more.

Joined up with Fushiguro and Ino, Itadori is tasked with dismantling the curtain that isolates sorcerers. Together, they devise a plan to fortify the curtain's strength by strategically placing its base outside the boundaries. Their target: a conspicuously tall tower in the Shibuya district. However, they find themselves facing cursed sorcerers upon arrival.

The whole sequence of Nue and Yuji subduing the elderly man and letting him fall to the ground was quite impressive. I wouldn't have minded if they took him out that way. But oh boy, Toji makes his return. They've effectively summoned Toji's spirit, which poses a significant challenge. I'm curious to see the full extent of Ino's ability and how it addresses this issue. The sight of Yuji holding that rabbit towards the end with a determined expression had me in stitches. Additionally, this episode vividly underscores just how crucial Gojo is to the Jujutsu world. Things are about to get intensely real without him around.

If there's one thing to take away from this episode, it's that Gojo has been a formidable force since his early years.

Oct 5, 2023 9:21 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos
It's a pleasure to witness Megumi and Itadori teaming up once more.

Joined up with Fushiguro and Ino, Itadori is tasked with dismantling the curtain that isolates sorcerers. Together, they devise a plan to fortify the curtain's strength by strategically placing its base outside the boundaries. Their target: a conspicuously tall tower in the Shibuya district. However, they find themselves facing cursed sorcerers upon arrival.

The whole sequence of Nue and Yuji subduing the elderly man and letting him fall to the ground was quite impressive. I wouldn't have minded if they took him out that way. But oh boy, Toji makes his return. They've effectively summoned Toji's spirit, which poses a significant challenge. I'm curious to see the full extent of Ino's ability and how it addresses this issue. The sight of Yuji holding that rabbit towards the end with a determined expression had me in stitches. Additionally, this episode vividly underscores just how crucial Gojo is to the Jujutsu world. Things are about to get intensely real without him around.

If there's one thing to take away from this episode, it's that Gojo has been a formidable force since his early years.
@IzanaSolos was there any ghosting and dimming in the fight?
Oct 5, 2023 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
Why was the ending scene of this episode so abrupt? Feels like a bad edit
Oct 5, 2023 9:42 AM
Sep 2017
The fight scenes are not very good compared to season 1. Overall, it's okay for me.
Oct 5, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 2021
The Auspicious Beasts are mythical ancient Chinese creatures btw.
11:10 爆誕 (bakutan, lit. explode birth) - "sudden emergence; sudden formation; coming out of nowhere; bursting onto the scene​" (Slang)
He's taking the skin of people's faces, this is so messed up wow. This must also mean they did this to Toji's corpse. Cool technique tho.
*Re:Zero flashbacks*
The fight was really good! I loved how Itadori finished him off lol. I'm really liking all these unique techniques so far.
23:52 Me watching this in a dark room with lights turned off: >_>
Oct 5, 2023 9:49 AM

Oct 2023
Animation in this episode is even worse than during fight with green insect. I had very high expectations, because of fans overhyping this arc and I'm disappointed. Another meh episode about fighting with some random geezers. Or is it just again build-up episode? How many build-up episodes will be, 20?
Oct 5, 2023 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
Is it me or the Shibuya Incident arc fights are all drawn up close and over using slow motions effects? The first part of this season was way better... Almost feel like it's a different studio taking care of this.

Story is interesting but the fights are so boring and not fluid
Oct 5, 2023 9:54 AM

Nov 2021
HOLY... They even brought Toji back!!

Oct 5, 2023 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
The fight mechanics and techniques are soo damn good that even seemingly irrelevant antagonist feels so satisfying to watch!
Oct 5, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Nice to see Yuji and Megumi's tag team fight against the old man. Even though he has a tricky cursed technique they managed to see through it and figure out a way to beat him.

Also finally, my GOAT Toji is fucking back baby 🙏🙏🙏 I remember seeing someone a few weeks ago wondering why Toji was introduced just to get killed off so soon. Well here you go to whoever that was. The prequel arc wasn't the last we saw of him. Poor Ino having to go up against him though, he stood zero chance.

The flashback to when Gojo was born really highlights how much of an anomaly he is. Simply being born altered the balance of the world. Just crazy how intimidating he was even as a child.

The animation on some of the action scenes seemed a bit weird, but there were some fluid moments and some nice shots so overall this was still a solid episode. Can't wait to see more doomposting and exaggeration about how it was complete crap though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2021
SLEEK__ASSASSIN said:
@IzanaSolos was there any ghosting and dimming in the fight?

when Toji beat up Ino there definitely was. Overall the animation was a bit weird in quite a bit of the episode, but definitely not as much dimming/ghosting as some other ones. The (imo worse, aside from a few great scenes) animation could've been a stylistic choice at moments, but a lot of it was probably just cuz Mappa hates it's animators (not that a lot of companies are better)
SoulessAnimeOct 5, 2023 10:08 AM
Oct 5, 2023 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
Toji?! It doesn't look good for Ino though with all that blood splattering everywhere.

Itadori and Megumi have great teamwork so far. I wonder if the two of them will be enough to handle Toji.
Oct 5, 2023 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to MrTranAnh
Why was the ending scene of this episode so abrupt? Feels like a bad edit
@MrTranAnh The chapter this episode ended with also ended the same way. Tbh they probably could have just cut that part out lol
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to goaTMaru
Animation in this episode is even worse than during fight with green insect. I had very high expectations, because of fans overhyping this arc and I'm disappointed. Another meh episode about fighting with some random geezers. Or is it just again build-up episode? How many build-up episodes will be, 20?
@goaTMaru lol. Seems like you watched this episode eyes closed. It was very good. Lot of close ups but they can't help it. That Keichiro Watanabe sequence of Ino and the transform guy was smooth as butter.
Oct 5, 2023 10:10 AM
Aug 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
@MrTranAnh The chapter this episode ended with also ended the same way. Tbh they probably could have just cut that part out lol

Yeah it works for the manga but seeing that in the anime felt so off 😂
Oct 5, 2023 10:19 AM
May 2023
kaybee said:
Is it me or the Shibuya Incident arc fights are all drawn up close and over using slow motions effects? The first part of this season was way better... Almost feel like it's a different studio taking care of this.

Story is interesting but the fights are so boring and not fluid

Might lowkey have something to do with the staff protesting lmao
Oct 5, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2021
Yuji x Megumi duo lets fck goo 🔥
Oct 5, 2023 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Itadori, Megumi and Ino's interference on the veil that keeps sorcerers out, all they need to do is to remove those responsible and bring down the veil.

Ino with Nanami, in order to become a first-grade sorcerer, he's harnessed the Seance technique that's learnt from him, taking on a son and his grandmother, while Itadori and Megumi are affixed on the old man. But once the enemy became powered up with Toji Zen'in, Ino has no return.

When Gojo was born, the cursed spirits are free to do their own thing, but even at birth, Gojo's a wanted kid with a huge bounty on his head that no curse spirit can ever touch him, which changed the landscape of the sorcerers and curse spirits forever. Megumi tried distracting the curse spirit that contradicted Itadori's message, but they tried their best to go tag-team over the cursed spirit, which his Inverse cursed technique is quite the feat that requires a strategy to attack with the smallest of powers to deal significant damage.

Good job to Itadori and Megumi.
Oct 5, 2023 10:27 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Toji is back!! Papaguro!!

It's insane how Gojo's birth single-handedly changed the world.

Yuji and Megumi make a great team.
Oct 5, 2023 10:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That veil's not going to be easy to take out for sure. Looks like for the one's guarding the key to the veil its a family business to be the bad guys. Real messed up family as well by the looks of it. The fight against the old guy was pretty good on account of both the animation and the tricks he had.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2023 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
Finally an episode that has Yuji as the main leader (but of course we can't escape Gojo as he comes in the flashback scene to show who's the real boss)

Also, I like Megumi's logic here, if Gojo can beat that enemy, then it's not impossible for him to beat that enemy too.

Yuji holding Megumi's rabbit = ship.
Oct 5, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 2022
This episode is the best yet imo. Music, background, animation, action, suspense were top notch. The flashback scene looks like csm aesthetically. JJK ❤️‍🔥🔥
Oct 5, 2023 11:02 AM
Oct 2021
Wish the runtime was longer, they just managed to fit a boring fight into this one. But well, there was Toji getting resurected to just make the anime get 5 times more interesting.
Oct 5, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2023
wtf Toji came back alive?
Oct 5, 2023 11:29 AM
Mar 2023
TOJI IS BACK!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2023 11:33 AM
Aug 2023
Very nice job Mappa
Oct 5, 2023 11:36 AM
Jul 2019
Wdym Toji resurrected? Isn't it more like they're using his body.
Oct 5, 2023 11:39 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode for one of the best anime of the year...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 5, 2023 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
Decent episode covering the return of Toji... but even he cannot escape TOHO's ghosting when smacking Ino around. Basically Yuji vs Grasshopper part 2.

And the way some scenes transition between each other is jarring at times. Juggling directors and animators/freelancers is making some of the moments adapted hit or miss.
KneelBeforeMeOct 5, 2023 11:51 AM
Oct 5, 2023 12:06 PM

Jun 2021
Shit man after that guy turned into megumi's father somebody died. :")
Yandere_@lover
Oct 5, 2023 12:09 PM

Oct 2023
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
@goaTMaru lol. Seems like you watched this episode eyes closed. It was very good. Lot of close ups but they can't help it. That Keichiro Watanabe sequence of Ino and the transform guy was smooth as butter.
@Anime_Skaddiel Still it doesn't live up to hype so far imo
Oct 5, 2023 12:10 PM

Oct 2023
@SoulReaper01_ I didn't make acc for trashing this series. This series is trashing itself XD. Pure facts lil boi
Oct 5, 2023 12:24 PM
Oct 2020
another banger episode
It really conveyed the influence, gojo satoru had on the jujutsu society
and showed a very dark backstory of these jujutsu sorcerers.
That "toji" technique was quite terrifying. (Was that actually toji? prob not sheesh)
got nostalgia seeing itadori and megumi fight together after much wait.
It felt so good watching ino's flashback with nanami at restaurant, he really is an entertaining character to watch!

she was so cute... :(
T_TigeROct 5, 2023 12:28 PM
Oct 5, 2023 12:27 PM

May 2013
lovely to see the main duo kick some ass! yuji, megumi, we are rooting for you!

ps lovely to see daddy fushiguro back as well. safe to assume they are crossing paths with itafushi. i wonder how megumi will react
Oct 5, 2023 12:31 PM

Nov 2017
Loli Gojo like what? :D
I was so shocked about Toji here, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??
Oct 5, 2023 12:41 PM

Apr 2018
Megumi and Yuji teamwork is something spectaculair to watch, it was a balance of strenght and tactics. A few great sakuga moments, but overall way too many close up shots which are just annoying imo. This season hasn't been as fluid in animation as I thought. Oh right, Ino's part was well done though. That shit is exactly how it needs to be. Aside from that, it's the return of Tojo that is hyped up more than anything. Overall, not feeling the vibe of Shibuya Arc. You can't even lie, but every single fight of S1 is so much better than this (Gojo vs Sukuna, choreography, fluidness and camera movement), (Itadori / megumi vs Finger Bearer/Sukuna), (Itadori/Tojo vs Hanami) and many more. Those actually gave me goosebumps and felt great to watch through. This is not it. It's just the story carrying it for me atm.
SideCharacterKalOct 5, 2023 12:45 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 5, 2023 12:50 PM
Jan 2012
Rip my boi ino, I knew it was over when I saw the Flashback. Toji back, great episode man.

To everyone hating on mappa for the weird framing, go read the manga and the anime besides it eachother, it's literally almost exactly the same, if you wanna complain blame gege for the weird shots but it ain't mappa, they're literally 100% faithful frame by frame lmao.
Oct 5, 2023 12:58 PM

Jan 2021
Best ep so far

2 characters dead already..

Oct 5, 2023 1:04 PM

Oct 2020
This was a surprisingly good episode. Can wait for Megumi to meet his dad! (if that's him)
Oct 5, 2023 1:09 PM
Aug 2017
Am I the only one who saw that strange moment when Itadori threw the car and... screamed with his mouth closed ?
Oct 5, 2023 1:26 PM
Jul 2022
Damn, now we are really getting started. I loved this ep. The return of Toji. I heard a spoiler about it, so wasn't as surprised but it was still a bit of a shock just seeing him. I hope that Ino is fine.
Oct 5, 2023 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to ZeroAnime
Rip my boi ino, I knew it was over when I saw the Flashback. Toji back, great episode man.

To everyone hating on mappa for the weird framing, go read the manga and the anime besides it eachother, it's literally almost exactly the same, if you wanna complain blame gege for the weird shots but it ain't mappa, they're literally 100% faithful frame by frame lmao.
@ZeroAnime The task of an episode director or a storyboard artist isn't simply to adapt a manga 1:1 in its anime format unless that's what's demanded. The good ones know how to expand upon what's drawn and make it a visual spectacle.

Framing action sequences in close up shots outside of a few moments is never a good thing, and the same applies to live action movies. It makes those sequences a lot less enjoyable to watch than they could be if we were allowed to zoom out.
Oct 5, 2023 1:46 PM
Apr 2023
This episode's direction (?) was terrible. Quite a gap in quality compared to previous episodes and especially the first season. Itadori for some reason screamed with his mouth shut, the fights are incomprehensible at a first glance (weird camera angles), and there is general weirdness throughout the entire episode. The animation might be fluid, but it's not visually appealing at all.

IMO the worst episode yet.
Oct 5, 2023 2:10 PM
Jul 2022
Toji's back!!! and I loved Yuji, megumi duo <3
Oct 5, 2023 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
Great to see Yuji and Megumi tag fight again!

Toji! Hopefully Ino doesn’t die.

OST killing it as usual!
Oct 5, 2023 2:26 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to goaTMaru
@Anime_Skaddiel Still it doesn't live up to hype so far imo
@goaTMaru Because the hyped moments have yet to happen? Maybe stop complaining after each episode and just watch it, you can complain after the season ends if you didn't like it. None of the Special Grades Curses has fought yet...
Oct 5, 2023 2:34 PM

Jan 2019
Toji is simply the best.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if this anime was animated by ufotable!!! Just imagine the quality 🔥🗿 ( 1 2 )

_SHONENLOVER_ - May 13

57 by ZXEAN »»
Yesterday, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

612 by Vendy13 »»
May 14, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

486 by thatlittlefox »»
May 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

394 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

541 by joder21 »»
May 13, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.