Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
YELP, another Otome Game series again...and with a mesh of HameFura and Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! a.k.a Yuri is My Job! (if done correctly), that equals mangaka Inori's highly revered Yuri X Villainess manga.

The fantasy game reincarnation of an overworked Rei Oohashi playing her Otome game, converted into commoner Rae Taylor making friends with the villainess of Claire François. the former loves the villainess to death, no matter the bullying that she does to her. Her roommate of Misha Jur tries to console her, and try all that Claire does to Rae, but the latter does not give up, to her utmost chagrin. The more that Claire does to Rae, she returns two-fold to her, and as grumpy as Claire is, Rae being too persistent is also not giving the villainess her time of day as well.

As expected from an Otome Game, there may be the villainess, but there are princes as well from tbe Bauer family: Rod, Thane and Yu, which Claire admires the second prince, who feels the lowest of the brothers and the hardest to deal with. And since Rae blew Claire's chance of impressing herself in front of Thane, she is in desperate need of a challenge suitable for Rae, and it all comes down to exam results between the villainess and the top student. But what Claire does not know is that Rae has the entire exam event memorized to the T since she's been grinding the event over and over again in her playthrough, which develops the interest of Rod. Even Rae wants a goodnight hug from Claire, that's funny lols.

The results are out, and both Rae and Claire exchange blows in different tests of aptitude, though the magic ability exam raises everyone's heads of Rae's unmeasurable magic, once again the effect of being OP.

This is definitely the most unique of the Otome Game Villainess shows so far. No wonder the source material is very highly regarded.
But a commoner in crazy love with the villainness. without predjuice? This girl finna be wild!
KANLen09Oct 8, 2023 6:26 AM
Oct 2, 2023 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, it's yuri time. <3

Definitely a good start. Hoping for a great show. :3

SerafosOct 2, 2023 9:10 AM
Oct 2, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2017
One of my most anticipated shows for this season and it didn't disappoint. Yuri always delivers. Can't wait for this tsundere to admit her feelings, although that will probably wait.
Oct 2, 2023 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Claire-samaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of the most anticipated anime for me this season.
If you think that this series will be your run-of-the-mill romcom
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 2, 2023 10:11 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great start to the series Rae is too cute and I love seeing her turn the tables on Claire so quickly
Oct 2, 2023 10:18 AM
Jan 2018
FINALLY! This was super cute and went almost exactly how I expected. Can next week get here now so I can watch the next episode? T_T
Oct 2, 2023 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
FINALLY. Peak Yuri and Otome is here 😩. Been waiting so long for this adaptation and great episode that captured just what makes this story so fun and unique.

Unlike other otome series, Rae gets isekai’d and says FUCK the hot guys. I want Claire 😂 “if you’re gonna step on me, step on me harder” she’s so damn real for that. Can’t wait to see she and Claire relationship develop in the anime. There’s way more to this story than meets the eye.

The art looks great and the comedy works. Awesome performances by the seiyuus. We’re in for a treat 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Oct 2, 2023 10:30 AM
Oct 2, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2015
Protagonist nowadays... doesn't even take a second to feel shock about reincarnate into another world.
Oct 2, 2023 10:42 AM
Jul 2014
We got from what I can tell two highly anticipated Yuri anime this season. I think I'm more excited to figure out which one reigns supreme at the end of the season.
Oct 2, 2023 10:43 AM
Feb 2019
Definitely the anime I've been waiting for most this season and the first episode didn't disappoint! Very excited to see the next episode!
Oct 2, 2023 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
Well, this flew by very fast. Funny & decent start to this series! Can't wait to see what comes next!
Oct 2, 2023 10:55 AM

Feb 2011
Another one of these?... sigh.

gonna watch tho, hope its good

Oct 2, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2023
English DUB same day, this is a dream come true!
Oct 2, 2023 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
Rae is so horny on main.

Oct 2, 2023 11:27 AM

Apr 2022
I'm not into yuri but this masochistic unrequited love crap makes me all giddy, and I don't know why
Oct 2, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2013
All I needed was an Ojousama but this episode was so much fun and entertaining, I like all of the characters already. Nothing like really anticipating a show and it totally delivers.
Oct 2, 2023 11:29 AM
Aug 2023
I've been waiting for it to come out for a while and it really didn't disappoint. However, the running animation in the intro and other seemed a bit off
Oct 2, 2023 11:30 AM

Dec 2021
For being "yet another otome" anime (Only my second of this alleged "genre"), this one is incredibly funny. Lots of strong comedy here. 10/10 first episode, extremely good first impression. Also gay love is best love.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Oct 2, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2021
This light novel is extremely popular, and so it was only a matter of time before the anime came.

And it's finally here, though I will say the art on the LN is a lot better, specially the character designs.
Oct 2, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2016
Rae and Claire have such a funny dynamic 🤣. I'm so excited for the anime adaptation!

Edit: they snuck this gem in the opening!!!
erikkamirsOct 2, 2023 3:30 PM
Oct 2, 2023 11:47 AM
Feb 2020
It was a great first episode. I'm not a huge fan of the ED and OP, though.
Oct 2, 2023 11:52 AM

May 2020
I usually end up not watching most of these kinds, and quite honestly this wasn't something groundbreaking either. I mean the main girl getting turned on from blonde's bullying isn't anything to write home about, but atleast they made it look the way one could get a few laughs out of it.

Also for a Platinum vision series, it doesn't look as unappealing as it usually does, for now.
Oct 2, 2023 12:10 PM

Dec 2021
After a whole season without any Girls Love/Yuri anime, we're back with not one, but three Girls Love anime this season!

Kicking it off is "I'm in Love with Villainess," and seeing Rae's escapades animated is an absolute treat. It's amusing to think she might not even have the most intense feelings among the Girls Love anime airing this season.

For those who really enjoyed the first episode and are hungry for more, I highly recommend diving into the light novel and the spinoff from Claire's perspective. Here's hoping this series, along with the others, gains popularity so we can continue to see more Girls Love anime in the future, just like we've been lucky to have this year!

Oct 2, 2023 12:24 PM

Sep 2018
That was pretty funny...
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 2, 2023 12:32 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Ohoo, now that is one cute blushing blondie on the verge of tears. That was a good episode, really enjoyable facial expressions. Let's see where this takes us.
Thane gives me bad vibes though. Kind of ruins it if he would turn into a demon lord or something. Haha.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 2, 2023 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
Rae flipped the script, she's too much, lol. Fun opening and dynamics, I'm in.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2023 12:55 PM

Jul 2015
OOOHOHOHOHO / 10. Loving it.
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 PM

Jun 2023
Quite a nice start into this unique series. Looking forward to next ep.
Oct 2, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2019
i love when women are mean and also are lesbians
Oct 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Jul 2023
Good lord! I really loved to read both the manga and the LN (first 2 vols). The Anime is just as entertaining! I'll hope this season will cover the entire arc, if it's the case I guarantee you that this first season will be a masterpiece!
It's been long time that I haven't been that much hyped for an anime to air <3
Oct 2, 2023 2:03 PM

Mar 2022
It's 4 minutes in, including the OP, and I get a "hmph". My tsundere loving heart melts. Its ON!
Oct 2, 2023 2:14 PM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
Definitely a funny first episode, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!
Oct 2, 2023 2:24 PM
Jun 2020
It was really funny. It was actually extra-funny for brazilians because Rae has the same VA as Darkness from KonoSuba (the villainess is voiced by Aqua).
Oct 2, 2023 2:38 PM

Oct 2018
Been a long time since I've read the novels and gotta say the show feels really fast-paced but...I really liked the first episode. Rather low budget but the charme is there. Let's hope they stick to the script and let Claire take her time to come around.
Oct 2, 2023 3:30 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now I didn’t dislike “Last Boss Queen” last season, but damn this blew it out of the water for me, this is more the speed that I like these Otome game/villainess shows, and it’s also quite hilarious lol. I had a feeling there’d be a lot of hilarity to be had with Rae’s obsessions with Claire, and they wasted no getting to it which I appreciated, Rae had some great lines there which got some really good reactions from Claire, I especially loved “if you’re gonna step on me, step harder” lol, I felt like they had to have a step on me queen moment and they actually did it.

And it was also funny how Rae completely forgot about the princes who are supposed to be the actual love interests lol, they seem cool tho and could possibly shake up what would normally be pure yuri, especially giving that Claire likes Thane and Rae was into the idea of shipping them. And of course it was expected that Rae would defeat Claire in the exams, but I liked the way it was done where she couldn’t pass everything but it also made use of her knowledge of the game, which is apparently greater than the devs themselves lol.

And damn, both the OP and ED were unique and great jams, nice that they’re done by the VAs as well, I was wondering who was doing them but for songs done for the show they’re very awesome, that ED is especially a potential favorite of mine this season. Definitely looking forward to more of this one!
Oct 2, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2021
This was a very fun start! This show's hype is actually one that reached even me, I liked the premise and I've had very good experiences with the latest Yuri shows, so I did have quite some expectations!

It reminds me of Hamefura, with how Rae messes everything up in the perfect game world. And it's just as hillarious so far, even though it feels like an introduction arc mostly.

Can't wait for the next episode of Claire's suffering!
Oct 2, 2023 4:05 PM
Aug 2022
Honestly I wasn’t expecting much from this. Out of the 3 yuri’s airing this season

1 stardust telepath

2 I’m in love with the villainess

3 the vexations of a shut-in vampire princess.
(This dosent have the gl tag but the trailer sure as hell made it look like one.)

I was definitely least hyped for I’m in love with the villainess it didn’t really stand out much. Personally I was more hyped for stardust telepath because of how wholesome it looked. But this completely blew apart my expectations.

This genuinely is one of the funniest things I’ve watched in anime. If they keep this up I’m going to love this show. It’s so goofy I love it. Rae and Claire’s va both do there respective roles perfectly.

I love the dynamic between them it’s so stupid but so funny. I can’t say I’m incredibly interested in the romance aspect of this (although I am somewhat curious). But I’m far more hooked on the comedy of this show so far.

Genuinely might be my favourite thing airing rn. Screw jujutsu kaisen. Screw beyond journeys end. This is the right amount of stupidness I need.
Oct 2, 2023 5:06 PM

Jul 2019
Rae is just too chaotic, lol. She stole the first episode that's for sure.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 2, 2023 5:50 PM

Jun 2014
I'm usually not one for isekai, but the premise of this anime was too interesting to pass up on!

As a lesbian myself, I can certainly understand Rae's obsession with the "Ojou-sama laugh" types. This is entertaining!

Also, the English dub is really good.

Oct 2, 2023 6:16 PM
May 2022
OHOHOHOHOHO

This was a surprisingly fun and funny first episode. Looking forward to what this holds because I honestly wasn’t expecting much from the trailers.
Oct 2, 2023 6:20 PM
Apr 2022
i never get tired of hearing how villainess Claire laughes, good start
Oct 2, 2023 6:20 PM

May 2015
This show knows what it's about and revels in it with how fast we get dropped into the otome world. Rae and Claire's antics are so great, and I'm glad we got the ojou laugh at least three times this episode!
Oct 2, 2023 6:45 PM
Dec 2022
I love yuri animes but this one was just chill. I mean blending it with the isekai genre? Perfect! Rae intentionally tried to botch her exam scores. All she wanted was to be with Claire. I like her character. And to sum it all up, her magical abilities are off the chart. Oh man, this was a wonderful first episode. I'm looking forward to each episode each week. Nice!
Oct 2, 2023 6:48 PM
Dec 2022
Phantom_373 said:
Honestly I wasn’t expecting much from this. Out of the 3 yuri’s airing this season

1 stardust telepath

2 I’m in love with the villainess

3 the vexations of a shut-in vampire princess.
(This dosent have the gl tag but the trailer sure as hell made it look like one.)

I was definitely least hyped for I’m in love with the villainess it didn’t really stand out much. Personally I was more hyped for stardust telepath because of how wholesome it looked. But this completely blew apart my expectations.

This genuinely is one of the funniest things I’ve watched in anime. If they keep this up I’m going to love this show. It’s so goofy I love it. Rae and Claire’s va both do there respective roles perfectly.

I love the dynamic between them it’s so stupid but so funny. I can’t say I’m incredibly interested in the romance aspect of this (although I am somewhat curious). But I’m far more hooked on the comedy of this show so far.

Genuinely might be my favourite thing airing rn. Screw jujutsu kaisen. Screw beyond journeys end. This is the right amount of stupidness I need.

Yup. I'm looking forward to those 2 as well. Hoshizuku Telepath and The Vexations Of The Shut-in Vampire Princess. Yuri always delivers.
Oct 2, 2023 6:59 PM
Nov 2022
I really like this first episode, very funny, I hope it continues like this.

The opening and ending are very good, they combine perfectly with the anime.

The protagonist represents me, she is literally me xdd
Oct 2, 2023 7:36 PM
Jun 2012
The purest of handholding.

I love this series so much.
Oct 2, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 2022
the couple of voice actor in the dub just make me hype
Oct 2, 2023 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
That was hilarious! I love how crazy Rae is about Claire and I love Claire's reactions. My favorite has to be that scream from Claire when Rae went to her room at night to hug her xD.

Loved this first episode. Looking forward to more laughs and yuri.
Oct 2, 2023 9:08 PM
Aug 2022
Claire cannot win for her life against Rae
Oct 2, 2023 10:21 PM

Jan 2020
As someone who doesn’t like yuri but enjoys simuldubs, I’m happy for you fans but am very jealous…
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

156 by Muow »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

141 by Muow »»
Apr 27, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

69 by keynutil »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 30, 2023

67 by AngelTomori »»
Mar 24, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.