Forums
New
Sep 20, 2023 5:30 PM

Dec 2019
i do not have anyone to communcate to and i am crazy
Sep 20, 2023 5:41 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
Having friends as adult not really a thing. Pretty normal. Advice people here tell you is at school or work those aren't really friends. Personally associated as adult are best met a social events. Centers, arcade, concerts etc. You feel weird they want you to talk to them. Have more interest beside anime and gaming.
AmityblightSep 20, 2023 5:45 PM
Sep 20, 2023 5:51 PM

Feb 2021
Through work, simple as that.

I wasn't an adult when I started my current job, but now I am, and they all are too.
And we now play games together, go out late at night to sports bar to watch ufc main events and fun stuff like that.
Sep 21, 2023 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
You don't. Have fun being an adult =)
Sep 21, 2023 5:52 PM

Sep 2018
People only hang out with other people if they have something to gain from it. Friends is kind of a foreign concept as you get older. If you want to socialize without much of a filter your best chance is chatting people online. Coworkers can be friends, but that is a very dangerous route to take since you will be gossipped about for doing so. Your coworkers can also get you in trouble at work for very little reason. Having no friends as an adult is a very common thing nowadays especially if you are a single guy.
Sep 21, 2023 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Friends are not needed, this is an overrated thing imposed by society. Better learn to be comfortable alone.
Sep 21, 2023 8:13 PM

Apr 2016
I don't even know, the last time I made a friend was during the last year of high school, almost 6 years ago. But thank god I am still friends with this person.
Sep 21, 2023 10:34 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Go out, period. Have the courage to go to your local club/pub, or maybe volunteer at a location like animal shelter for example. That's where you could meet people with similar interests.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Sep 23, 2023 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
communicate with other crazy people/people in your bubble.
Sep 23, 2023 11:54 AM

Jun 2023
The best way that I have made friends is by getting to know people who have similar interests as you. Whether that could be during volunteering, joining a club, getting involved in a sports fandom, or even just talking to people here or in other anime discussion places. Sharing a similar interest is just the easiest way to break the ice and form a friendship.
Sep 26, 2023 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
Making friends as an adult is HARD. Maintaining friendships is even harder.
Before getting into the work life, it was always easy to meet people in classes, school events, parties, etc., but it's not as easy once you start working, especially if you're not terribly fond of your coworkers. I don't have any issues at all with mine and we chit chat about our lives and have gotten to know each other well the past several years, but they're not really people I'd hang out with outside of work, you know? They're work friends, and work is where it ends.
On the other hand, when everyone in your friend circle works different hours/shifts, trying to find a day/time that aligns with everyone is like playing chess against someone who's playing checkers. I made a few online friends when covid hit, but apart from that, I meet "friends of friends" and just socialize with people at concerts/festivals I go to.
Sep 26, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to Yumerei
Go out, period. Have the courage to go to your local club/pub, or maybe volunteer at a location like animal shelter for example. That's where you could meet people with similar interests.
@Yumerei This.

You don't have to enjoy everyone you meet, but you have to start meeting people first and foremost, and keep seeing each other now and then to create a bond and shared experiences.
Sep 26, 2023 2:23 PM

Aug 2021
i just moved to a new city, just 2 weeks ago so i obv need friends here, so u know u can go to bars clubs events tinder and talk to randoms but this can be tough, but still diversity of tactics is important
i went on the city's subreddit and it turned out that they have a whatsapp group for hang outs and i just joined it and we been grabbing beers a couple times its pretty fun, some ppl from there went hiking even but its not my thing im more a chillin talkin shit drinkin beers type of person u know what im saying
yeah yeah it is reddit but theyre not like fedoras or creeps... THERES EVEN WOMEN THERE in the group
Sep 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
If you're an introvert living in America you're almost certainly screwed as far as making friends goes. Nobody will want to come to your home because everything is so far spread apart by idiotic car-obsessive city planning with no mixed zones. You will never meet people when you're out and about because they are all in their cars until the last stretch of their destination. Public transportation is so completely half-assed that almost nobody wants to take it. Sidewalks are noisy and intimidating, if they are there at all.

Sep 26, 2023 2:59 PM

Aug 2023
Honestly basically what everyone said here is true but do be careful with work friends, heard a lot of stories of people get into trouble at work because of them (people can be so petty). Even if you manage to just make one friend thats good enough because then, hopefully, they have group of friends that you can slowly integrate into if you all are good so aim small is my advice in addition to everyone else's.

If youre also talking about friends online, then here is probably a good way to start as well! Or you can try joining a discord server since theres one for probably anything imaginable so im sure you can find one that fits your tastes and personality

𝑩𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 π’Œπ’π’π’˜ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒔 π’…π’‚π’“π’Œ 𝒂𝒔 π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’Šπ’”, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’”π’‰π’Šπ’π’† 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’“π’Šπ’”π’†.
Sep 27, 2023 5:38 PM

Sep 2020
Don't bother. The need to fit in or be liked is a deterrent to knowledge.

In order to have friends you need to conform to their expectations. Expectations often formed from cultural indoctrination and the subpar education that culture cultivates. Therefore “wanting friends” translates to my mind as “willfully wanting to be tied down by the erroneous outlooks of others.” I consider that mindset to be toxic. So I make it a point to come across as socially repugnant to people so they in turn won’t bother me with their biases. Henceforth I’m active on a pedophile forum despite not identifying as a pedophile. Lumping myself in with a group the mainstream despises is a great social deterrent, wouldn’t you say?

I would prefer to continue and spread the sociopolitical and scientific truths of the world without being tied down by the need to appeal to flawed social dynamics. Friendship to me is similar to the relationships a king would have with his court jester. Someone to pass the time laughing at, not for having an emotional connection to. The willful ignorance and stupidity of others can be very funny.

If liking lolicon makes me a pedo, not liking ecchi makes you a faggot
Sep 27, 2023 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
I met most of my friends at work... some I met at anime conventions... some I met at the clubs... some I met at the Humane Society (I walk dogs)... I meet people at dog parks.
Sep 27, 2023 8:28 PM
危γͺγ„γŠε…„γ•γ‚“

Nov 2016
Just TALK it
TALK it

Theres no way beside it

Sep 28, 2023 12:46 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to elgatosaika
i just moved to a new city, just 2 weeks ago so i obv need friends here, so u know u can go to bars clubs events tinder and talk to randoms but this can be tough, but still diversity of tactics is important
i went on the city's subreddit and it turned out that they have a whatsapp group for hang outs and i just joined it and we been grabbing beers a couple times its pretty fun, some ppl from there went hiking even but its not my thing im more a chillin talkin shit drinkin beers type of person u know what im saying
yeah yeah it is reddit but theyre not like fedoras or creeps... THERES EVEN WOMEN THERE in the group

That's the most useless app I ever had the displeasure of downloading.
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Reply to rohan121
People only hang out with other people if they have something to gain from it. Friends is kind of a foreign concept as you get older. If you want to socialize without much of a filter your best chance is chatting people online. Coworkers can be friends, but that is a very dangerous route to take since you will be gossipped about for doing so. Your coworkers can also get you in trouble at work for very little reason. Having no friends as an adult is a very common thing nowadays especially if you are a single guy.
rohan121 said:
People only hang out with other people if they have something to gain from it. Friends is kind of a foreign concept as you get older. If you want to socialize without much of a filter your best chance is chatting people online. Coworkers can be friends, but that is a very dangerous route to take since you will be gossipped about for doing so. Your coworkers can also get you in trouble at work for very little reason. Having no friends as an adult is a very common thing nowadays especially if you are a single guy

This is the truth, nothing but the truth

Sep 30, 2023 5:49 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah I tried at work. I ask everyday how are you and she never asks me back. What kind of person is that? I will not change myself just because of these people.

Sep 30, 2023 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
It's fairly easy when you're in college like I was when I met my friend group. Just talk to people you see on campus and let things grow and evolve from there. With that said, it is a great deal harder out in the world. But I'd recommend just finding local events like anime/gaming cons and gigs for artists in genres you like.
Take care of yourself

Sep 30, 2023 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
Buy stuffed animals, they are adult's best friends

Sep 30, 2023 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
When do you start making friends as an adult?

Oct 1, 2023 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
Your question already has the answer. Imagine looking for friends on MAL, jeesh.
Oct 1, 2023 5:10 AM

Sep 2017
Reply to TheSuave
Don't bother. The need to fit in or be liked is a deterrent to knowledge.

In order to have friends you need to conform to their expectations. Expectations often formed from cultural indoctrination and the subpar education that culture cultivates. Therefore “wanting friends” translates to my mind as “willfully wanting to be tied down by the erroneous outlooks of others.” I consider that mindset to be toxic. So I make it a point to come across as socially repugnant to people so they in turn won’t bother me with their biases. Henceforth I’m active on a pedophile forum despite not identifying as a pedophile. Lumping myself in with a group the mainstream despises is a great social deterrent, wouldn’t you say?

I would prefer to continue and spread the sociopolitical and scientific truths of the world without being tied down by the need to appeal to flawed social dynamics. Friendship to me is similar to the relationships a king would have with his court jester. Someone to pass the time laughing at, not for having an emotional connection to. The willful ignorance and stupidity of others can be very funny.
@TheSuave Damn, look at DarkTruthSeeker over here.

"Loneliness... opens... your third eye..."

It's alright if you want to keep watching screens alone until your last breath, but let others have some social fun if they want, ffs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

21 by Taiyaa »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 6 hours ago

10 by BitChilly »»
42 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 12 hours ago

9 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
3 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay Β₯1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.