Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2023 5:15 AM

Jun 2015
This hackery exceeds o my rubber nen
Sep 21, 2023 5:26 AM

Oct 2017
Damn bro, that just happened.
Sep 21, 2023 5:32 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to BigBossQb
@-Shinzo
1. Fair enough that doesn't make sense then again he didn't use cleave once in the entire fight possible he didn't in the domain but that's just a theory.

2. This however was stated by Kusababe in the last few chapters he did mention he was holding back. Cause he couldn't go all out due to him fighting everyone else afterwards anyway. Even Hakari said the same thing. Gojo literally confirmed it due not using his technique.

But I will give you him screaming for mahoraga was dumb though he was in panic mode for whatever reason. Why are you panicking you literally killed him next chapter.

Gege killing gojo offscreen was stupid as well.
@BigBossQb He used cleave against Gojo on the opening fight, which sliced a building in half

Sep 21, 2023 6:30 AM

Jun 2021
Why Gege why... Giving him a death like that T~T
Sep 21, 2023 6:43 AM

Sep 2020
That's definitely been it for me with this manga. Ever since the Shibuya arc the story got worse and worse, but - for me - deciding to end Gojo like that is the death of what could have been a great series.

Is Gege even trying to write a good story? For almost two years it's been constant: introduction of character - long ass description of their cursed technique - kill character or forget about them. There is no character development whatsoever, cursed techniques get more ridiculous only to fill holes in the plot or other techniques. And now he brings back Gojo after two years only to kill him off immediately after he accomplished literally nothing. There is no benefit to the story that he died now and like this.

I'm not mad that Gojo died, I'm mad that an author deliberately butchers his own story and it feels like he doesn't even know where he wants to go with all of this.
Sep 21, 2023 7:01 AM
Jul 2022
Gege is really torturing us ngl
Sep 21, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 2018
What is this cut the space hence cut the infinity?

Gojo can easily tank these cuts yet he is cut in half?

The afterlife part, I think Gojo was just imagining this stuff when he was dying.

What is Kenjaku's plan with Sukuna and Gojo? he wanted Gojo sealed, No? (Make body swaps with Gojo?)

If we are to assume the afterlife part was real, then Gojo is surely dead. Other dead not showing up in the scene doesn't mean they are not dead, it could mean they were not important enough for Gojo to show up in his conclusion.

Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM
Nov 2021
gojo meat riders should just accept that he is dead, he meet geto or other people who died already..
Sep 21, 2023 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to -Shinzo
@BigBossQb He used cleave against Gojo on the opening fight, which sliced a building in half

@-Shinzo that was dismantle he says before he did.

Sep 21, 2023 9:51 AM
Jan 2020
Oh wow. Welp. So that was the buildup. Classic JJK.

Kinda wanna hope to see Gojo somehow revives back in the post chapters but I suppose that is just me. R.I.P.
Sep 21, 2023 10:02 AM
Nov 2019
Worst chapter in all of anime. Sukuna can suddenly cut through space? Dude what? And "The King of Curses was nervous for the first time in a thousand years." but one chapter later Gojo says Sukuna no diff'd him. Yeah JJK has gone from perfect story writing to classic shonen type where the characters suddenly gain new powers. Time to drop JJK till the author realizes the mistake he's made. If you kill off Gojo who in the goddamn hell is gonna fight Sukuna or Kenjaku? Dude Sukuna was soloing 2 of the strongest fighters the student group had at only %10 of his power, and with this new lame power up he's just gonna one shot them all... I'm just hoping Gege is actually cooking something. If it's just that he killed Gojo cause he hates him... Then JJK is going to the bottom of my favorite anime list.
Sep 21, 2023 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
I don't know what happened in this chapter and I don't want to know, but people on Twitter are literally starting to threaten the mangaka with death and send him sadistic wishes.
@RobertBobert A lot of mangaka stay anonymous for a reason. Most dweebs won't ever act on their threats, but some weirdoes would if they knew who was the author writing things they didn't like.

@OnePiece7Sh1 like look at this loser, case closed.
KneelBeforeMeSep 21, 2023 10:13 AM
Sep 21, 2023 10:11 AM
Apr 2020
perhaps the worst plot device in recent manga memory? I certainly cant think of one of weaker writing lol
Sep 21, 2023 10:14 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to DutchyDerpBox
Dropped. 0/10 manga.
How you gonna make Gojo recover and be at his peak with the black flash only to kill him off screen? After having Sukuna shit himself all last chapter? And then suddenly Sukuna was actually totally holding back the whole time and could have won at any moment? It just feel off. Like we skipped a chapter or something. Anyways, I’m on the “north/south” copium train until Gojo’s body is absolutely obliterated onscreen.

Kashimo, idk what the fuck you gonna do but I hope it matters in the long run. I hope you don’t job immediately.

Fuck you Gege for dropping this when Gojo gets sealed in the anime this week lmao
@DutchyDerpBox killing him off screen to me is unacceptable, and borderline lazy regardless of your opinion on his death.
Sep 21, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
@RobertBobert A lot of mangaka stay anonymous for a reason. Most dweebs won't ever act on their threats, but some weirdoes would if they knew who was the author writing things they didn't like.

@KneelBeforeMe It scares me that they even flaunt it, as if threatening someone with death is a sign of toughness or courage.
Sep 21, 2023 10:32 AM

Jun 2016
Someone should also cremate Satoru Gojou body If he is truly dead. Wouldn't want his body fall into Kenjaku hands If they all too busy trying to fight Sukuna

Sep 21, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Gege's writing style has more mood swings than my ex-girlfriend
Sep 21, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 2017
Look at the bright side, Nobara wasn't at the airport. She is definitely coming back. But 10/10 chapter. I love how in Gojo's final moments he came to terms with not being the strongest and was able to confess to his best friend.
Sep 21, 2023 12:03 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Mei-o_Scarlett
welp
this is literally kengan omega tier of cop out
fcking hack
@Mei-o_Scarlett it's not a cop out at all. Sukuna literally explains he was observing Mahoraga adapt to Gojo's technique and learning on the fly. Afterwards he was able to take Gojo out
Sep 21, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to KneelBeforeMe

@KneelBeforeMe saying that with a fraudkuna pfp
Sep 21, 2023 12:45 PM
Apr 2020
Watching today's episode (ep 9) and reading the latest chapter made me scream. The timing was so in point lmao.
Sep 21, 2023 12:50 PM
Feb 2017
I think the biggest insult to injury is that bumfuck Kashimo jumping onto the battlefield like he can accomplish anything
It's Aiko!!!!
Sep 21, 2023 1:20 PM
Jul 2019
went 235 chapters without being spoiled just for some asshole to ruin this for me on the jjk reddit. i just love not having a spoiler tag on a chapter thats barely even out. whatever, this was a great chapter but it would of hit harder if i didnt have to read it this way. rip gojo.

Sep 21, 2023 1:22 PM
Jul 2019
Kvothe_1 said:
edit btw: NOBARA IS ALIVE(she wasnt in afterlife)

1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world

just because a character wasnt there doesnt mean they arent dead. thered be plenty more people there if the point was for it to be all the dead characters. not disagreeing that she could be alive, but thats not really evidence

Sep 21, 2023 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
That was one of the worst chapters I've ever read in my life. How can you have Gojo suck off Sukuna right before he dies when the entire battle he proved that he is Sukuna's superior in every shape and form. In speed, strength, endurance, curse energy capacity, curse energy output, cursed energy regeneration, cursed techniques, reverse cursed techniques. In the end when he wins because of some bullshit plot armor Mahoraga Daddy moment, this somehow makes him STRONGER than Gojo Satoru???????????????????????????????? Get this shit outta here.
Read Toriko!
Sep 21, 2023 2:02 PM
Feb 2023
Let me explain to the people who didn’t understand this chapter and are screaming “asspull”.

In chapter 224, Sukuna throws a Dismantle at Gojo which provokes a surprised expression from him. From this we can deduce that Gojo can “detect” Sukuna slash but he cannot “see” it. However, in chapter 118, Sukuna stated that Mahoraga could “see” his slash. This also means that Mahoraga could “see” Infinity or rather space itself.
Then we go to chapter 234 where Mahoraga performs a slash similar to Sukuna’s. This means that either Sukuna passed down his technique to Mahoraga or Mahoraga can use the technique it has adapted to. Either way, Mahoraga bypasses Infinity.

In this chapter 236, Sukuna explains how Mahoraga’s adaptation works. Mahoraga changes its Cursed Energy to fit the Cursed Technique it has adapted to making it immune. This is testified when Gojo blows himself up in chapter 235 and takes minimal damage. Mahoraga also uses this principle to his attacks and neutralizes infinity.
Mahoraga expands the slash to target space hence cutting right through it. Space isn’t something someone can see but Mahoraga can. Being able to see space means it can target space with the slash and Sukuna copies this.

Sukuna has already been shown to be able to perform any type of Cursed Energy manipulation or even basic or advanced techniques like him being able to turn himself into a cursed object by just seeing the process once. He “saw” how Mahoraga performed the attack and learned to cut space.

In chapter 235, Kusakabe declared the victory and not the Author. Sukuna was half dead, his output was growing weak and Mahoraga was out of the game either destroyed or unsummoned and he had no way or attack to bypass Gojo’s Infinity(or at least they thought so). Everyone thought it was over and that Gojo had won, even Gojo thought so. Gojo was also focusing on healing himself with his restored output. Gojo’s guard was down.

Remember how I said that Gojo could “detect” and not “see” the slashes? Well Gojo’s guard was down and he was most likely not even reinforcing himself with cursed energy. His focus was also divided in healing himself and feeling relieved that he “won”. And that is when Sukuna performed it silently. A cut that targets space, the world, itself. Infinity manipulates space but Sukuna has now cut through it. It was game over.

Not to mention that Dismantle requires very little cursed energy and doesn’t need to charge up because if he had to Gojo would detect it and dodge.

It was instantaneous. In the previous chapter I quoted Reggie’s line of how a sorcerer’s lie determines their victory. Gojo tricked Sukuna and performed a Purple which was his winning condition, however, Sukuna also had a lie, a trick, up his sleeve. As a sorcerer Sukuna proved himself better and his lie or having no more cards up his sleeves determined and solidified his victory.

There were zero asspulls. Everything here can be explained by things that were introduced in previous chapters. Everyone is just mad that the “good guys” are losing.
Something which doesn’t happen in almost any anime.

Overall, this fight was… in Biscuit Oliver’s words. Beautiful~
Sep 21, 2023 2:09 PM
Oct 2021
gege when i catch u
Sep 21, 2023 2:10 PM
Oct 2021
gege when i catch u
Sep 21, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2020
Seeing the reaction to this chapter made me realize I HATE JJK fans. Most of yall have 0 media literacy. Do better.
Sep 21, 2023 2:19 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to Byodoin
Let me explain to the people who didn’t understand this chapter and are screaming “asspull”.

In chapter 224, Sukuna throws a Dismantle at Gojo which provokes a surprised expression from him. From this we can deduce that Gojo can “detect” Sukuna slash but he cannot “see” it. However, in chapter 118, Sukuna stated that Mahoraga could “see” his slash. This also means that Mahoraga could “see” Infinity or rather space itself.
Then we go to chapter 234 where Mahoraga performs a slash similar to Sukuna’s. This means that either Sukuna passed down his technique to Mahoraga or Mahoraga can use the technique it has adapted to. Either way, Mahoraga bypasses Infinity.

In this chapter 236, Sukuna explains how Mahoraga’s adaptation works. Mahoraga changes its Cursed Energy to fit the Cursed Technique it has adapted to making it immune. This is testified when Gojo blows himself up in chapter 235 and takes minimal damage. Mahoraga also uses this principle to his attacks and neutralizes infinity.
Mahoraga expands the slash to target space hence cutting right through it. Space isn’t something someone can see but Mahoraga can. Being able to see space means it can target space with the slash and Sukuna copies this.

Sukuna has already been shown to be able to perform any type of Cursed Energy manipulation or even basic or advanced techniques like him being able to turn himself into a cursed object by just seeing the process once. He “saw” how Mahoraga performed the attack and learned to cut space.

In chapter 235, Kusakabe declared the victory and not the Author. Sukuna was half dead, his output was growing weak and Mahoraga was out of the game either destroyed or unsummoned and he had no way or attack to bypass Gojo’s Infinity(or at least they thought so). Everyone thought it was over and that Gojo had won, even Gojo thought so. Gojo was also focusing on healing himself with his restored output. Gojo’s guard was down.

Remember how I said that Gojo could “detect” and not “see” the slashes? Well Gojo’s guard was down and he was most likely not even reinforcing himself with cursed energy. His focus was also divided in healing himself and feeling relieved that he “won”. And that is when Sukuna performed it silently. A cut that targets space, the world, itself. Infinity manipulates space but Sukuna has now cut through it. It was game over.

Not to mention that Dismantle requires very little cursed energy and doesn’t need to charge up because if he had to Gojo would detect it and dodge.

It was instantaneous. In the previous chapter I quoted Reggie’s line of how a sorcerer’s lie determines their victory. Gojo tricked Sukuna and performed a Purple which was his winning condition, however, Sukuna also had a lie, a trick, up his sleeve. As a sorcerer Sukuna proved himself better and his lie or having no more cards up his sleeves determined and solidified his victory.

There were zero asspulls. Everything here can be explained by things that were introduced in previous chapters. Everyone is just mad that the “good guys” are losing.
Something which doesn’t happen in almost any anime.

Overall, this fight was… in Biscuit Oliver’s words. Beautiful~
@KloneTrooper Very neat explanation, I think people are generally mad about this chapter because it requires this kind of depth to explain the outcome.
Sep 21, 2023 2:25 PM

Jul 2022
Gege, when I catch you Gege...

GEGE, WHEN I CATCH YOU GEGE, WHEN I CATCH YOU GEGEEEE!!!!!

I'm not even your biggest fan of Satoru Gojo, but man when I tell you that the first thing in the morning that I saw when I opened Twitter was the *death* panel, bro... That mf better count his mf days...

Anyways I still have faith that some silly goofy plot twist is gonna arise. Also I've read smth like "Yuuji is the MC, you really thought he wouldn't be the one saving the day?" as in Gojo is not the "hero of the story" so he had to be uhm put away. But still GEGE!!!!!!! GEGE!!!! AND ON THE DAY HE GETS SEALED IN THE BOX IN THE ANIME???????????
Sep 21, 2023 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
I thought I was ready for this chapter, it felt like a rush of icy cold
Sep 21, 2023 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Yaana
@KloneTrooper Very neat explanation, I think people are generally mad about this chapter because it requires this kind of depth to explain the outcome.
@Yaana To be fair, I think you could have a frame of Sukuna smirking before cutting to a panel of Gojo being bisected. It would be a pretty easy way to shock everyone while also not seemingly letting it happen offscreen.

I think this is one of the reason people are mad. The other is that Gojo attesting to Sukuna's strength like this is either false/contradicted (Sukuna no-diffing Gojo is such a weird thing to say), which makes no sense.
Sep 21, 2023 3:11 PM

Dec 2019
Well was waiting for gojo defeat since sukuna is the big villain of the series he would won for plot reasons
also gojo is not the mc so just waiting for yuji time to shine i guess
but that was a great fight i had some copium of gojo winning but deep down i knew he would lose
well rip gojo
Sep 21, 2023 3:16 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to PeripheralVision
@Yaana To be fair, I think you could have a frame of Sukuna smirking before cutting to a panel of Gojo being bisected. It would be a pretty easy way to shock everyone while also not seemingly letting it happen offscreen.

I think this is one of the reason people are mad. The other is that Gojo attesting to Sukuna's strength like this is either false/contradicted (Sukuna no-diffing Gojo is such a weird thing to say), which makes no sense.
@PeripheralVision True, I am still hoping for a bit more shown next chapter.
Sep 21, 2023 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
Well after reading the early translation and seeing Sukuna's explanation of how he killed Gojo, I'm at least satisfied on that part. It makes sense and it seems Gege came up with a logical explanation for how Sukuna pulled it off.

Unfortunately still, the problem that I, and I'm sure many others in the fandom, have is the fact that this was offscreened. I don't care quite frankly that Gojo died. Tbh it makes sense from a narrative standpoint. But to have this be the climactic fight of the series thats been 200+ chapters in the making, and have Sukuna give us a detailed explanation of how he won, just to not show us any of it doesn't make sense to me. Great fight, but poor execution of the ending.

EDIT: After seeing some people mention that the "offscreened death" doesn't really matter as it would have happened in an instant, I'm a little less bothered by us not seeing it happen. Sukuna's explanation is enough for us to infer HOW it happened, and even if we saw it, it probably would have just been a panel of him saying the name of the move and then a double spread of Gojo getting sliced in half. Also, it's entirely possible that the next chapter will begin with us seeing it happen from the POV of everyone who is spectating before cutting back to the present.
thebrentinator24Sep 21, 2023 4:23 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 21, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2021
I’m pretty sure it’s about Megumi and Toji when he said he didn't talk about his dad

Rip Gojo

who's gonna beat sukuna then, no one's on gojo's level

RogerhunterSep 21, 2023 4:04 PM
Sep 21, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to KneelBeforeMe

@KneelBeforeMe They used to stay anonymous. Now when the new japanese law is being enforced on October and as far as I know they should reveal their faces so gege might actually disappear from existence just like Gojo.
Sep 21, 2023 4:16 PM

Dec 2008
People already started building some sort of memorial for Gojo over here. Some people are just visiting this metro station to pay their respects, some girls are also leaving kissmarks on Gojo's face.

(This was taken early on, there's more stuff now lmao)

Sep 21, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2021
Can't believe GeGe killed Gojo offscreen like that.

R.I.P Gojo Satoru
Sep 21, 2023 5:06 PM
Aug 2020
i can not believe it

not a surprise but damnnn
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
If this chapter signalize that Nobara is alive, and Gege want her in the final battle. I expect the most deus ex machina ever, that just become funny.

Sure is tragic if Gojou really died, but on other hand, the series wont end like, everyone standing in a circle and commentate while their friend fight to death, and they just watch.
Sep 21, 2023 6:02 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I kind of thought this would happen, at this point Yuji has become almost irrelevant in his own manga so it couldn't be Gojo who took Sukuna down, at least in my opinion. Whether it will be Yuji is yet to be seen, but to me it makes the most sense.
But despite that, it's sad to see the death of Gojo, RIP to a great and legendary character
And as other people pointed out, no Nobara in the afterlife... That's a good sign
Sep 21, 2023 6:11 PM
Sep 2018
You want your readers to feeling sad and traumatized with being your usual Shonensplaining and using tons of unnecessary bullshit exposition dialogues in the midst of melodramatic scene? This is why Gege would never on par to Fujimoto's writing, blud only uses a shock moments over and over in his characters' death, there's no gut punch nor psychological wounds' effect by seeing all of them bite the dust, comparing it to Himeno, Reze, Beam, and two of the most saddest characters death of all time, Aki, and Power were pathetically unamusing to Gege's way dealing of his characters' last moment.

There's even a huge chance Gojo might be still alive (another pathetic way to do this generic trope) by that "Go north or go south" bullshit (is this why people praise of Gege with how he does foreshadowing? Please, that's lame as fuck). This manga is indeed go south, not even being a generic battle Shonen with the usual Shonensplaining all over the pages/chapters is bad enough, it also might turn end as a generic Shonen ending cliche, just don't expect the unexpected from Gege, lol.

To anyone who says Gege has balls to kill the most beloved character in the series, please, Fujimoto did it first with Power, and he killed her off with a bang, unlike how Gege's dealing with Gojo, which ironically lame as fuck (again), even in the standard of generic battle Shonen, lol.
Sep 21, 2023 6:46 PM
Aug 2018
It is hard for an author to kill a loved and popular character, but sometimes its necessary.
Sep 21, 2023 6:51 PM

Sep 2009
Fraudkuna with an asspull. Smh the plot just called for Gojo to die. He would've wipe the floor with Fraudkuna if he didnt have 10S.
Sep 21, 2023 7:09 PM

Dec 2019
Since yesterday it has NOT been fun for Gojo fans, whether they're anime-only or manga-readers ❌🤣
Sep 21, 2023 7:18 PM
May 2021
Other people in the thread have already said it a bunch but I don’t care about Gojo dying, the off screen death though feels like the author was trying to be too edgy and instead it just feels cheap.

With that said people need to chill out with threats against or shit talking the author on a personal level. It’s fiction, if you don’t like it go read something else.
Sep 21, 2023 7:35 PM

Mar 2015
they just slash the space, whatever that means, lmao.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 21, 2023 8:17 PM
Mar 2023
ok so if back in star plasma arc, gojo was able to come back from toji killing him with that whole 'i'm the honoured one' shit, then surely he can come back still. having this lightning god guy appear will be a distraction, there'll be fight scenes etc. but in the background, gojo will be reverse cursed techniquing himself back to life. he has a brain so it's not over til i say it is. and then he'll appear. maybe we'll even go through a whole fuckton of fight scenes with the whole crew fighting sukuna and kenjaku and co. maybe gojo will be fucking insane and become partly a baddie?? and like, fight the kiddos??

also, if they have gojo stay dead but geto comes back to life properly, bro I - AAAAAA.......... (yes im fully on the satosugu brain rot)

yes i am fully invested in the copium <3
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite side character? (I promise im not gege)

0megaH - Yesterday

28 by Masshiroi »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 258 Discussion

grim - Apr 24

31 by Pre_Yum »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 17

77 by ReaperCreeper »»
12 hours ago

» He doesn't know how to write ( 1 2 )

Nugi97 - Mar 23

50 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 3

56 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
Apr 23, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.