Forum Settings
Forums

What are some Traditions we should retvrn to?

New
Aug 20, 2023 8:39 PM

Aug 2022
Like I think we should bring back the Roman idea of men wearing Skirts being manly / pants being for Homosexual Bottomers and men using fingernail paint.
vasipi4946Aug 20, 2023 8:42 PM
Soldier F is Lance Corporal David James Cleary
Aug 20, 2023 8:49 PM

Aug 2022
From Religion too!

Reject Modernity
Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him

Embrace Tradition 

At the end of every year, Absalom would cut his hair, because it became too heavy. When he weighed it, it would weigh about five pounds by the royal measure.
Soldier F is Lance Corporal David James Cleary
Aug 20, 2023 9:00 PM

Mar 2022
Reject abrahamic religions, embrace Wotan and Anu, offer your children to Moloch and Baal.
THE JAPANESE SHOULD STICK TO MAKING CARS AND ANIME - GARY K. JOHNSON

Aug 20, 2023 9:02 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I agree. Modern men keep dressing like girls and using 955329588 different pronouns. We should bring back the fashion from the old days and restore our traditional values!

149597871Aug 20, 2023 9:11 PM
Aug 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Jun 2016
Prots should reject that hillsong stuff they put on and start singing good music again.

Building buildings that don't suck is another valuable tradition in my opinion. I'd like a brief return to art deco because we didn't get much here. We were busy with stripped classicism (which I like ngl) and bauhaus so we kinda skipped that.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 21, 2023 12:09 AM

May 2019

REJECT MODERNITY; EMBRACE ORAL TRADITION
FreshellAug 21, 2023 12:56 AM
Aug 21, 2023 3:03 AM

Jun 2016
Freshell said:

Literacy is cool but I have to admit, the preservation of Avestan and vedic Sanskrit through oral tradition alone was pretty damn impressive.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 21, 2023 3:14 AM

Mar 2023
 We should all go back to using retro style toilets again.

SpunkertAug 21, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 21, 2023 3:51 AM

Apr 2023
At this point we should just go way back to the age of enlightment.
Aug 21, 2023 3:54 AM

Jul 2021
Freshell said:

What good does literacy do anyway? We have way more misinformation than before, that can spread globally really fast thanks to the internet, and even in Academia they teach straight up nonsense.
Aug 21, 2023 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Not mandatory but I’d love to see more intricate gowns and dresses for women.
Aug 21, 2023 5:10 AM

Feb 2018
_meimei said:

Japan got to enjoy just such a Renaissance back in the Oughts... in the form of Sweet and Goth Lolita Fashion.

it's Really Just Too Damned Sad that the trend has largely faded since...

Aug 21, 2023 6:41 AM
Dec 2022
Bring back cast iron pans for cooking. This time, more widespread.
Aug 21, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
We need video stores back. Please. I miss them so much.
Take care of yourself

Aug 21, 2023 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
AA games

They are extinct in the West, you either are an Indie dev or AAA.

Aug 21, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2012
Bring back corsets! They are so heccin' beautiful, and there's so many different styles. It also makes a woman's body shape much sexier (than it already is). Plus, it gives you good posture. 
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Aug 21, 2023 12:12 PM

Aug 2021
i guess living more communally, and making society and institutions more matriarchal
cuz when i think about tradition i dont think like religious stuff or even stricter gender shit, i kind of think of the indigenous societies before euro-christian colonization, i done lots of reading on indigenous americans in particular, both older and newer
those societies didnt impose monogamy, there were multiple genders, children were raised communally; i am not idealizing this obviously, there were still conflicts n shit but yeah u know, i think those indigenous traditions would make society a little bit more free u know, cuz like all that euro-christian shit, how family and other social constructs are conceptialized here is just so restrictive and breeds even more conflict and suffering
Aug 21, 2023 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
slavery, it made certain groups of people feel really special
Aug 21, 2023 12:21 PM

Dec 2021
Societies in which cats a deified and us mere humans are lucky to be blessed with their presence!

Aug 21, 2023 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Illuminatli said:
Bring back corsets! They are so heccin' beautiful, and there's so many different styles. It also makes a woman's body shape much sexier (than it already is). Plus, it gives you good posture. 

You can still get corsets. Just avoid the ones with plastic ribbing they are potentially deadly because it can break and pierce your lung or heart which is why you only should go for non ribbed ones (these are more just for fashion and dont do as much to shape) or one with steel ribs. It actually weakens the core muscles which would give worse posture. I used to know a girl who was really into corsets because her eating disorder using it as a way to look skinnier so that's how i know this stuff.
Aug 21, 2023 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
elgatosaika said:
i guess living more communally, and making society and institutions more matriarchal
cuz when i think about tradition i dont think like religious stuff or even stricter gender shit, i kind of think of the indigenous societies before euro-christian colonization, i done lots of reading on indigenous americans in particular, both older and newer
those societies didnt impose monogamy, there were multiple genders, children were raised communally; i am not idealizing this obviously, there were still conflicts n shit but yeah u know, i think those indigenous traditions would make society a little bit more free u know, cuz like all that euro-christian shit, how family and other social constructs are conceptialized here is just so restrictive and breeds even more conflict and suffering

Yeah you see, the thing is, you are still forced into a community you didn't choose for yourself and I certainly don't want that. I want to choose myself who's helping raising my kids, but in these socities you are forced to stay in your communes. Humanity still didn't evolve over pack mentality. 😅

traed said:
Illuminatli said:

You can still get corsets. Just avoid the ones with plastic ribbing they are potentially deadly because it can break and pierce your lung or heart which is why you only should go for non ribbed ones (these are more just for fashion and dont do as much to shape) or one with steel ribs. It actually weakens the core muscles which would give worse posture. I used to know a girl who was really into corsets because her eating disorder using it as a way to look skinnier so that's how i know this stuff.

Corsets are really beautiful indeed.
They only weaken your muscles and postures, if you lace them up to thightly on a regular basis.
You can wear them rather casually as well without them being too thight.

But no thanks, I like to look at them. I wore it once and not again. Even casually laced corsets are very uncomfortable, imo. Aside I don't want feminine figure, I don't like thight clothes.

_meimei said:

In general late 1900s - 1950 fashion. 😍
removed-userAug 21, 2023 1:21 PM
Aug 21, 2023 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
more taxes for the rich like in the past would be great there is too much trickle down economics this days
Aug 21, 2023 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Illuminatli said:

o shit, thats something i certainly didnt wanted to know, i have like six of them, 3 with garter and 3 without, now i have to inspect them *sigh*. i had more but i gave away two of them :p
Aug 21, 2023 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
Risa92 said:
Corsets are really beautiful tho.
They only weaken your muscles and postures, if you lace them up to thightly on a regular basis.

But no thanks, I like to look at them. I wore it once and not again. Even casually laced corsets are very uncomfortable, imo. Aside I don't want feminine figure, I don't like thight clothes.

Yes, I meant to imply that it would have to be a regular thing.
Aug 21, 2023 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
kuroava said:
traed said:

o shit, thats something i certainly didnt wanted to know, i have like six of them, 3 with garter and 3 without, now i have to inspect them *sigh*. i had more but i gave away two of them :p
But you don't have to suddenly listen to something a random person on MAL says though. A corset piercing the lung or heart?? Just because it's made of plastic?? Sounds outlandish to me, and a steel corset could stab you to death as well if you apply that same logic. 
In that case we should also abandon high heels (they kill your back), Make-up (it makes you fake >:() And literally everything else that makes people beautiful, because it's all deadly in the end. 
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Aug 21, 2023 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Illuminatli said:
kuroava said:
But you don't have to suddenly listen to something a random person on MAL says though. A corset piercing the lung or heart?? Just because it's made of plastic?? Sounds outlandish to me, and a steel corset could stab you to death as well if you apply that same logic. 
In that case we should also abandon high heels (they kill your back), Make-up (it makes you fake >:() And literally everything else that makes people beautiful, because it's all deadly in the end. 
yeah i know! but im just a little curious now :D

yeah like, i dont think i can even live without makeup and heels, feet be damned i dont care i look sexy XD
Aug 21, 2023 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Risa92 said:
Corsets are really beautiful tho.

Yes, I meant to imply that it would have to be a regular thing.

Oh I mean, you still could wear them regularly.
There are wider corsets that are barely there for shaping but for the aestethics of it alone, or these clothes that have the corset-looks but aren't meant as such.
Aug 21, 2023 2:11 PM

Aug 2021
Risa92 said:
Yeah you see, the thing is, you are still forced into a community you didn't choose for yourself and I certainly don't want that. I want to choose myself who's helping raising my kids, but in these socities you are forced to stay in your communes. Humanity still didn't evolve over pack mentality. 😅

i get what u mean to an extent, as i didnt grow up in an isolated suburban nuclear family, i grew up in rural poland, in a big house living with my grandparents, and all the aunties and uncles and cousins and their grannies literally lived on the other side of the street, and i honestly kind of feel that i did grow up like more within the community - yeah i didnt choose them for myself and that was a problem
but obviously, u know im trans, and ideology that was prevalent in the family, community, village wasnt necessarily too friendly to me exploring or expressing that in any way and it fucked my brain up bad and i am practically forced to leave my family behind, i can never be myself in the village and the community; u singled out the one thing i said, children being raised communally, but what if u took into account other shit i said? the shit that i want to happen simultaneously with the communal structure? maybe then i wouldnt have to leave this place, maybe id be happy in my community if i could be myself? u see what im saying?
also, what the hell do u mean by forced to stay in the communes? what they gonna shoot me if i wanna leave lol? isnt the concept of a commune one that is more open, and i can join and leave? isnt it actually more about freedom, as it is the structure of a family and the concept of familial bonds more restrictive? and then theres the problem with authority within familial structures, the nuclear system incentivies treating children as property, incentivies gender roles and thus patriarchy
and when i mention property... u actually have no idea how much the development of capitalism is connected to the rise of the nuclear family structure, as it is the most optimized mode of living to construct an ideological nation-state, produce population, and reproduce patriarchal hierarchies and thus fkn queerphobia obviously
and what do u mean by pack-mentality? i just dont want people to be isolated and lonely and shoot up schools, and having a community is the biggest fucking part in that, and right now the entire society in constructed in a way to literally maximize our loneliness, our insecurities, our fears blah blah blah
imagine a situation where ure born in a community, u got a whole bunch of ppl to hang out with when u growing up, yall located rly close, nobodys homophobic or transphobic, theres no impositions of toxic masculinity - damn seems like a world in which there wouldnt be so much drug addiciton, shootings, suicides... am i really that fkn insane that im bringing up the idea of a structure that is more communal?
i honestly truly believe that this concept needs to be reexamined, and some of its aspects reintroduced in our societies, i wholeheartedly believe that they would have a positive effect on everybodys health
at first i was chill and then each sentence i was more and more triggered cuz with each point u made in that super short response there was more and more stuff i wanted to call u out on
god i wrote an essay again im so cringe
Aug 21, 2023 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Illuminatli said:
kuroava said:

@kuroava
It's because plastic would more easily snap in two when bent too much while the steel ribbed ones would bend out of shape before a break happens. I dont know where she was getting that info from specifically though and it's hard to find anything online from a quick search because when you look that stuff up instead you just find info talking about tight lacing being dangerous. I also dont know what the rate of accidents like that would be, i assume she may have been overestimating from a few cases. I dont have contact with her anymore to ask her. She had several corsets herself and i like how corsets look too so im not saying what you can and cant do just a suggestion from second hand info from someone into corsetting (she wanted to actually change her shape so i assume she tight laced). It's probably more a risk if it's tight laced I assume since the plastic ones arent exactly ideal for shaping or something idk. So long as you dont try to twist or bend over quickly you would notice a break before it does anything dangerous so even if it were true it could be fine just one should be mindful of it is all.
traedAug 21, 2023 2:52 PM
Aug 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Sep 2018
Reject the welfare state as a whole.
Aug 21, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Illuminatli said:

@kuroava
It's because plastic would more easily snap in two when bent too much while the steel ribbed ones would bend out of shape before a break happens. I dont know where she was getting that info from specifically though and it's hard to find anything online from a quick search because when you look that stuff up instead you just find info talking about tight lacing being dangerous.  I also dont know what the rate of accidents like that would be, i assume she may have been overestimating from a few cases. I dont have contact with her anymore to ask her. She had several corsets herself and i like how corsets look too so im not saying what you can and cant do just a suggestion from second hand info from someone into corsetting (she wanted to actually change her shape so i assume she tight laced). It's probably more a risk if it's tight laced I assume since the plastic ones arent exactly ideal for shaping or something idk. So long as you dont try to twist or bend over quickly you would notice a break before it does anything dangerous so even if it were true it could be fine just one should be mindful of it is all.
haha yeah i still didnt look at them but it is something im gonna inspect, not by being afraid of dying but more like being stabbed by it because im very active and theres always someone putting their hands on me and twisting and bending something here :p
Aug 21, 2023 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
elgatosaika said:
Risa92 said:

i get what u mean to an extent, as i didnt grow up in an isolated suburban nuclear family, i grew up in rural poland, in a big house living with my grandparents, and all the aunties and uncles and cousins and their grannies literally lived on the other side of the street, and i honestly kind of feel that i did grow up like more within the community - yeah i didnt choose them for myself and that was a problem
but obviously, u know im trans, and ideology that was prevalent in the family, community, village wasnt necessarily too friendly to me exploring or expressing that in any way and it fucked my brain up bad and i am practically forced to leave my family behind, i can never be myself in the village and the community; u singled out the one thing i said, children being raised communally, but what if u took into account other shit i said? the shit that i want to happen simultaneously with the communal structure? maybe then i wouldnt have to leave this place, maybe id be happy in my community if i could be myself? u see what im saying?
also, what the hell do u mean by forced to stay in the communes? what they gonna shoot me if i wanna leave lol? isnt the concept of a commune one that is more open, and i can join and leave? isnt it actually more about freedom, as it is the structure of a family and the concept of familial bonds more restrictive? and then theres the problem with authority within familial structures, the nuclear system incentivies treating children as property, incentivies gender roles and thus patriarchy
and when i mention property... u actually have no idea how much the development of capitalism is connected to the rise of the nuclear family structure, as it is the most optimized mode of living to construct an ideological nation-state, produce population, and reproduce patriarchal hierarchies and thus fkn queerphobia obviously
and what do u mean by pack-mentality? i just dont want people to be isolated and lonely and shoot up schools, and having a community is the biggest fucking part in that, and right now the entire society in constructed in a way to literally maximize our loneliness, our insecurities, our fears blah blah blah
imagine a situation where ure born in a community, u got a whole bunch of ppl to hang out with when u growing up, yall located rly close, nobodys homophobic or transphobic, theres no impositions of toxic masculinity - damn seems like a world in which there wouldnt be so much drug addiciton, shootings, suicides... am i really that fkn insane that im bringing up the idea of a structure that is more communal?
i honestly truly believe that this concept needs to be reexamined, and some of its aspects reintroduced in our societies, i wholeheartedly believe that they would have a positive effect on everybodys health
at first i was chill and then each sentence i was more and more triggered cuz with each point u made in that super short response there was more and more stuff i wanted to call u out on
god i wrote an essay again im so cringe

See, my autistic ass gets mild panic by reading the first paragraph alone lol.
I mean I like spending time with people, but I want to choose my alone time and from what I heard from other people, you will never really choose when to be left alone and not being involved into all family / communal activities and responsibilities or not.

If that's floating your boat tho, good for you haha. I mean theoretically, if they accepted you being trans. That's a way of living that you have to be made for. Even if they were accepting of you and I'm sorry they weren't, but dynamics in such families and communes often work that way that you are supposed to develop a we-thinking and you should see yourself as a part of it.

Also I really like being anonymous in a metropol. Nobody excepts your self-chosen circle really cares what you are doing. You are going out in cosplay for a convention, people just look at you like "lol is it carneval again" and then leave you alone instead of getting involved into your business.
And you can choose in a big city and your self-chosen circle, out of a big pool of hobbies, friend circles, jobs etc. That's why I don't think the concept of an actual family like we have it now, is more restrictive, since you can chose more or less on your own who to befriend in your school and in my country you can choose with 15 your high school or internship for yourself, and these families usually / most likely only have one to three kids at most.

People in close-meshed communities are always talking behind your back and are the worst gossipers, because they both develop a "we"-thinking instead of an individualistic one and because lot of them have nothing better to do, I guess.
They really think it's interesting and important for their own life, if Hans and Susan have issues in their marriage or not, and don't say "but in my utopian communes it won't happen like", because it will. These dynamics work like that and you won't be forced by violence to stay maybe, but by guilttripping and shit.

My three best friends grew up in such environments in the countryside, it sounds quite awful. People in close-knitted communities almost always become like that, at least if they want to be part of it. Now they didn't participate in the communes regular gossips and were left out all the time.
They wanted to discuss science and media with others and in general interesting topics, while most were too busy with their dumb tittle-tattle. So you still stick to a bunch of self-chosen people and it doesn't change much anyway, except that you are captured into that little system until you are an adult, but they might also try to guilttrip you into not leaving.
That's what I meant with pack mentality.
removed-userAug 21, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 22, 2023 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
@traed oh i just realized i have the same thingy in some of my bras! the more cutezy ones, you think i'll get stabbed? like be murdered by one of them? oh my gosh!
Aug 22, 2023 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
kuroava said:
@traed oh i just realized i have the same thingy in some of my bras! the more cutezy ones, you think i'll get stabbed? like be murdered by one of them? oh my gosh!

When I did a quick look seems if a bra is too tight an underwire can break but at a glance search results didnt give me any numbers on it or stories only stuff relating to gunshot wounds, improper use of defibrillators and just general stuff on debating if underwires are "healthy" to use etc. So as long as it's fitted right I don't think that would be very likely to break and if the underwire come loose wouldnt pierce in deep just a little poke. All i managed to find a Reddit post someone saying her underwire came out and "stabbed" her but I dont think that was a serious injury since nothing was mentioned, so likely was just a nuisance. A few others mentioned this happening but also only seemed annoyed. So probably not something you have to actually worry about.
https://old.reddit.com/r/SewingForBeginners/comments/wu3psb/any_tips_on_fixing_my_bra_underwire_came_out_to/
Aug 22, 2023 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
kuroava said:

When I did a quick look seems if a bra is too tight an underwire can break but at a glance search results didnt give me any numbers on it or stories only stuff relating to gunshot wounds, improper use of defibrillators and just general stuff on debating if underwires are "healthy" to use etc. So as long as it's fitted right I don't think that would be very likely to break and if the underwire come loose wouldnt pierce in deep just a little poke. All i managed to find a Reddit post someone saying her underwire came out and "stabbed" her but I dont think that was a serious injury since nothing was mentioned, so likely was just a nuisance. A few others mentioned this happening but also only seemed annoyed.  So probably not something you have to actually worry about.
https://old.reddit.com/r/SewingForBeginners/comments/wu3psb/any_tips_on_fixing_my_bra_underwire_came_out_to/
oh lol i cant believe you found something! yeah is for support under the breast haha :D

More topics from this board

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

79 by Maou_heika »»
23 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard?

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

47 by DesuMaiden »»
25 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - 8 hours ago

19 by Rhae »»
29 minutes ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - May 14

23 by Zedlin »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » why are odd numbers intuitively disliked?

FruitPunchBaka - 4 hours ago

12 by ProGoddess »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.