Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2023 9:22 PM
Nov 2016
Leysoh said:
Shalick said:
The motivation drive for characters in this show is such bullshit, was it so easy for Geto to accept the path he was going down? 1 random female gave him 2 options and just accept it without critical thinking or rumination.. The editing in the episode just makes it wierd as the next thing happens right after without any real build up to it, he just accepted it and boom now he is "evil". 
it's not just 1 woman who gave him 2 options that made him go bad, like do I really fucking have to say this??? all of the buildup since episode 1, did y'all just forget that?

honestly it might be that, it might just be that y'all forgot, because everything has to be explicit for you guys, there's no room for subtlety, anything implicit or just told visually and it's too much for you guys, it has to be spoon-fed for y'all to grasp certain plot points, i'm so done for this community is doomed
In episode 1 in the flashback (episode 25) Geto had good intention compared to gojo in his perceptions of justice of things, so did all that suddenly change during the 1 year timeskip which we didn't get to see (which is underwhelming)? After the death of Yu haibara he was still pretty much the same person and then suddenly didn't have an issue killing people. Why go after non-sorcerers when its actually the "star religious group" that he had issues with after episode 4 (28). This has nothing with subtlety, but rather poorly contemplated and executed.
Aug 3, 2023 9:26 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusta mucho el anime.

Aug 3, 2023 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
thought the backstory wasnt interesting, glad its over
Aug 3, 2023 9:39 PM

Mar 2016
oooooooohhhh m y heart is BROKEN best arc is over and now i'm not ready for the rest of the story its just going to be sad after sad after sad after sad moment my heart can't take it. i love geto SO MUCH
Aug 3, 2023 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Its actually insane how any one thinks this looks bad. I thought S01 looked rushed and was kinda by the numbers. This season looks outstanding! Are people just so used to generic animation that they can't grasp when there's actual GOD tier stuff in front of them? It baffles me. It almost makes me think its trolling, cus its just objectively better in every way. 
Aug 3, 2023 10:02 PM

Jan 2019
Glad the arc is over. Such a bizarre storytelling decision to begin your hyped second season with a bunch of backstory for the villain who already got killed off in the movie.

Aug 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Jan 2021
YEAAAAAAAAH WE FINALLY WATCH THE MCs

Aug 3, 2023 10:40 PM
Nov 2018
xXTensaZenXx said:
Its actually insane how any one thinks this looks bad. I thought S01 looked rushed and was kinda by the numbers. This season looks outstanding! Are people just so used to generic animation that they can't grasp when there's actual GOD tier stuff in front of them? It baffles me. It almost makes me think its trolling, cus its just objectively better in every way. 

That is exactly what it is. People can't appreciate anything that looks different than average seasonal anime even though it's objectively better animated. They also think that good animation = something like Demon Slayer. Anything that doesn't look like that is average in quality. The character animation of this season is phenomenal to say the least. Also it's a huge improvement from season 1 in terms of direction and storyboarding.
Aug 3, 2023 10:56 PM

Jan 2009
Yuri_Cobaia said:
This episode is a good example of how to tell if an anime is better than a manga, without even reading the manga b4 watching the show.

The sound transition beetween the claps from the audience to the sound of the bathering water or the raining water clashing in the windows creating emphasis and impacting Geto thoughts were a example a genius directing.

But honestly, calling people "Monkeys" from nowhere was very stupid, the way how the narrative evolved the "demons have bad taste'" to all humans that are not sorcerers deserve to die was very fastfood quality content.

If you're going to be simple and straight forward about your plot origins, why even botter to waste so many time trying to give these weird explanations, you're literally asking for people to question your writting and developvement scenarios.

I dont know, Jujutsu Kaisen really believes that have some plot going on with deep characters, but its just mediocre bs, with some aweomse fights and animations

Yeah at this point I think Mappa are wasting their time and resources on this, I wish they dedicated it to something that deserves it more... There's some real nice spectacle, but man Gege can't write a decent character for shit, if this is the result why did he even bother...
Well I like that the whole thing is framed as Gojo's dream, although it was hinted at by the opening
Well, probably Shibuya will at least keep providing cool spectacle so I'll still tune in, don't think there's anything else providing this level of animation on air right now
Aug 3, 2023 10:57 PM

Sep 2018
That was probably the worst episode so far, some ugly AF directing lol, what were they thinking with some of those scenes? That motorbike scene, Gojo confronting Sugu in the streets, etc. Really not too convinced with the way he became an antagonist either.
Aug 3, 2023 11:25 PM
Aug 2023
W best episode Ngl
Aug 3, 2023 11:36 PM

Aug 2019
Really interesting episode, always wanted to know more about Getou's character and his eventual fallout with Gojou as a jujitsu sorcerer to becoming an antagonist.

He was questioning his way as a jujitsu sorcerer and protecting non jujitsu sorcerer, as long as non jujitsu sorcerer's lived there will always be curses and as long as there are curses, there are jujitsu sorcerer's fighting them and dying. The first option was make everyone able to control their curse energy by making them all jujitsu sorcerer's, the other is killing all non jujitsu sorcerer's. The first option is what i could imagine an extreme uphill challenge trying to get every human trained and could take years, while the second option is pretty straightforward with the right tools. He took the extremist approach undoubtedly but i can see why he did.

I will say that it felt, very quickly delivered? They highlighted the key points to Getou's change like Gojou becoming significantly stronger then him, his life feeling like its' on repeat, Yuki's speech that gave him a choice and Haibara's death that seemed to be were he found his answer. Then the result being him burning his home village down and killing everyone and his parents, saving the two girls, saying farewell to Gojou then taking over the group by force.
I feel like if they sunk a few more episodes into the build up to his villain arc and made it a slower burner of sorts it would of been crazy good.

Since this seems like a stopping point for this flashback arc of the story and next episode we return to the present point in the story, I'll say i really Hidden Inventory. It played a great job at showing the past backstories of characters really well, Gojou ascension of power, Getou's change of heart, the impact of Rikka on both of them and Touji's short but extremely impact appearance in the show.

My only complaint is, i wish it was longer. I wish we could of gotten to see more Gojou and Getou banter and duo fights, more Nanami backstory and just in general some more of the cast in s1 but during the time of Hidden Inventory. 
Aug 3, 2023 11:38 PM
Feb 2022
"Are you gojo satoru because you're the strongest or are you the strongest because you're gojo satoru"
this line slaps no matter how many times i hear it
and finally our main trio is back
Aug 3, 2023 11:45 PM
Nov 2022
Akihara_Jim said:
People on MAL really have weird animation takes. I never gonna take any of this seriously. The animation & direction is godly. Idk what you guys talking about

they are talking about the last scene of gojo & geto.. other people are walking backward, sometimes walking on the same spot..
Aug 4, 2023 3:12 AM
Jan 2022
Never read the manga, Now I understand some couldn't really blame geto for how cold he is.

So I'm simple term, he's burnt out
So crispy it cannot fathom but to be ashes

He decides his way of protecting his precious by killing others
Like Madara
Or Itachi
Kinda related
If I had power I would probably kill all my bullies and their family.

But Geto, you now gone
Why your will still lingering in some curses?
Aug 4, 2023 3:17 AM
Oct 2018
right in the feelings
Aug 4, 2023 3:23 AM
Jan 2020
best episode of the year. want to watch it again and again. 10/10 amazing work.
Aug 4, 2023 3:42 AM
Dec 2020
very good ending for gojo flashback.
Aug 4, 2023 3:57 AM

Jul 2014
NOT THE SHIBUYA ARCCCC *SOBS* 

ok but the trio are back lets gooooo
Aug 4, 2023 3:59 AM
Feb 2022
given i was indifferent to s1 and greatly disliked the manga, i have little faith in this season, especially since the episodes shown so far have been really underwhelming.
Aug 4, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2019
I liked it I guess, but mostly for the animation. Not really a strong backstory to be honest. I don't feel the journey from Getou's cheery self in episode 1 to what happened in episode 5 really justifies his change in personality and ambition. We should have gotten more scenes similar to what happened before he burned everyone in that village.
Aug 4, 2023 4:41 AM

Apr 2020
< NGE > 
It was perfect... Perfect. Everything, down to the last-minute details. 
Aug 4, 2023 4:43 AM
Aug 2021
Pre_Yum said:
The last episode of Hidden Inventory Arc is here before we jump straight into the Shibuya Incident. And, a very important episode from the character's point of view especially Geto's, and how his motivation changed him as a person. Got Yuki's glimpse for the first time after Season 1. She's funny. Poor Haibara. He was so sweet.

Things changed for Geto and how he received the Jujutsu World after that and much more things will be coming in the upcoming episodes. I think, for people who haven't watched it yet, it is the perfect time to catch up with the movie before we start onto the big arc of the season. Another beautiful episode, full of character animation. And here we conclude the HI arc which was really important to the story going forward. We also met little Megumi.

THEY ARE BACK!!! The Main trio. Can't wait for the Shibuya Incident to start. Watch the movie if you someone hasn't.

Question: I'm an anime only so I have heard people talk about shibuya arc, is Shibuya arc still a prequel with Gojo and Geto, or since at the end of this episode it was gojo waking up with Nobara, Megumi, and Itadori by his side: will shibuya arc be modern day
Aug 4, 2023 4:47 AM

Jun 2019
I-IentaiLover said:
Pre_Yum said:
The last episode of Hidden Inventory Arc is here before we jump straight into the Shibuya Incident. And, a very important episode from the character's point of view especially Geto's, and how his motivation changed him as a person. Got Yuki's glimpse for the first time after Season 1. She's funny. Poor Haibara. He was so sweet.

Things changed for Geto and how he received the Jujutsu World after that and much more things will be coming in the upcoming episodes. I think, for people who haven't watched it yet, it is the perfect time to catch up with the movie before we start onto the big arc of the season. Another beautiful episode, full of character animation. And here we conclude the HI arc which was really important to the story going forward. We also met little Megumi.

THEY ARE BACK!!! The Main trio. Can't wait for the Shibuya Incident to start. Watch the movie if you someone hasn't.

Question: I'm an anime only so I have heard people talk about shibuya arc, is Shibuya arc still a prequel with Gojo and Geto, or since at the end of this episode it was gojo waking up with Nobara, Megumi, and Itadori by his side: will shibuya arc be modern day

Shibuya Incident is modern-day Jujutsu World and not a prequel. The prequel was only the first 5 episodes of the season and now moving forward, everything else is the actual sequel to JJK S1. I suggest you to watch JJK0 movie after these 5 eps. to understand the series better.
Aug 4, 2023 4:48 AM
Jul 2023
alfsta said:
atari2k said:
oh my god are you fucking kidding me? this was the best looking episode from jjk and probably top 3 that has ever been put out by mappa. you people have to be trolling.

u cant be fr. season 2 animation has actually been very solid for the most part but episode 5 is probably the worst animated episode of the entire series so far. it just took a massive dive in quality. thats not to say the animation is completely awful its just not at all on the level it has been.
I guess we didn't watch the same episode because the character acting, the art direction, the general directing and animation all looked incredible. from a technical standpoint this was the most impressive episode of the show so  far.
Aug 4, 2023 4:53 AM
Aug 2021
Pre_Yum said:
I-IentaiLover said:

Shibuya Incident is modern-day Jujutsu World and not a prequel. The prequel was only the first 5 episodes of the season and now moving forward, everything else is the actual sequel to JJK S1. I suggest you to watch JJK0 movie after these 5 eps. to understand the series better.

Yeah I watched JJK 0 a while before this but I am going to rewatch it as well season 1. I'm excited to see us back at modern day. When I watched JJk 0 I had already watched season 1 so even without season 2 I understood all of it at the time but I was confused with a lot of the scalling and other things but I heard from a manga that JJK0 was meant to be a one shot so that is why it has those errors so besides the main stuff that happened the majority if it is considered to be uncannon but yeah that answers my question thank you so much
Aug 4, 2023 5:01 AM
May 2021
he called all of us monkeys 😭😭😭
Aug 4, 2023 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
Back to Jujutsu High, and Gojo is teaching both Geto and Shoko about his sorcerer tactics. But the truth is that since the incident, Geto has changed for the worse, seeing cursed spirits as something of a bread-and-butter affair. Haibara is there with him, though a blonde-haired girl comes to find him, and that is special-grade sorcerer Yuki Tsukomo's first appearance since Season 1. Her motivation of wanting to create a world where cursed spirits aren't born. she is his starting point, and Toji Zen'in is a perfect example with his Heavenly Pact which makes him superhuman. And such a world where killing non-Jujutsu sorcerers is an ideal way to get around the weak and stroung within the world, his vision has become so vague that he does not know which way he's headiing towards. And about the Star Plasma Vessel, Tengen is assimilated anyways. The marathon game of being a Jujutsu sorcerer, it's life or death, and he begins to pick up non-sorcerers with cursed spirits, which he burnt down a village to save the oppressed. And that sentence is death.

As much as Gojo wants to believe that this isn't true, Shoko found him in Shinjuku, and Goto demands an answer to the one who wanted to make a world of only Jujutsu sorcerers. Geto knew that he could not become Gojo and becomes his rival rightaway. With the path of evil set down for him, the remnants of the Star Religious Group belong to Geto, unequivocally. While Gojo keeps Toji's promise to take care of Megumi Fushiguro, the latter is such a downer that Gojo recommends he go to the Zen'in clan and keep up with him.

It's back to the trio of Yuji, Nobara and Megumi, and the Shibuya Incident arc is a month away. Catch up to the JJK 0 movie, now that's a must.

Gonna miss Tatsuya Kitani's banger OP that's the OP of the season.
Aug 4, 2023 5:37 AM

Oct 2009
I wish we could've seen Geto's decent to madness a bit more..
Also how did the 'that' Shouko turn into the current day one!?

Loved the prequel stuff but I missed the gang! Lets goooo!!!
Aug 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Jul 2016
ForeverTraitor said:
Glad the arc is over. Such a bizarre storytelling decision to begin your hyped second season with a bunch of backstory for the villain who already got killed off in the movie.

umm... you do realize this is straight from the manga right?
Aug 4, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2017
his descent into madness was a little too quick, but the animation in the rain and the sound drowning out was INCREDIBLE. The animators are insane

Also the fight between friends was great
Aug 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Jul 2021
bruh they need to change the ED for next episode. it's just sad to watch that after all this.

to be honest i understand geto's thinking completely. he just started thinking what even was the point in saving these people who themselves are the fucking cause of cursed spririts. his thinking of killing all non-sorcerers is fucked up yes but it's not like i don't see where he's coming from. man was just pushed too much to the dark side. feeling overshadowed by gojou, maybe not getting even time to spend with him having fun when he clearly likes his company i mean they are best frirnds. it must have been so hard to push gojo away like that during their talk on street, it was like they were breaking up.

i wish they showed more of what gojo was going through but even if they didn't show anyone can tell what he went through.

megumin's past was finally explored a little and i liked that. best thing is that the trio is back. really loved the scene where gojo woke up and giggled. you can tell he's come far and he's happy now. that "betchuni" was cute lol.

5/5 episode. can't wait to see more of this.

edit: what's this new shit i hear about no new episode till Aug 31? wtf man
TsutanaiFuunAug 4, 2023 6:04 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 4, 2023 6:07 AM
Feb 2023
atari2k said:
Confused_100 said:

This is better than episodes 1,2,and 3? Capping much?
it most definitely is if you know what animation quality is lol. 

Wow you just proved what capping mean
Aug 4, 2023 6:09 AM

Jun 2016
WHAT A MASTERPIECE SHOW !!!

CANT WAIT FOR SHIBUYA ARC ..

pROBABLY THIS ANIME OF THE YEAR !!
Aug 4, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 2022
Best Episode of the Whole Franchise so far. Loved it
Aug 4, 2023 6:41 AM
Jan 2023
We're back to the old timeline, many things make sense now the ones from the movie too. It has been great so far
Aug 4, 2023 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode and now Shibuya. Anime only people get ready!
Aug 4, 2023 7:22 AM
Jul 2022
atari2k said:
alfsta said:

u cant be fr. season 2 animation has actually been very solid for the most part but episode 5 is probably the worst animated episode of the entire series so far. it just took a massive dive in quality. thats not to say the animation is completely awful its just not at all on the level it has been.
I guess we didn't watch the same episode because the character acting, the art direction, the general directing and animation all looked incredible. from a technical standpoint this was the most impressive episode of the show so  far.

ur high, the general directing and the acting was good yeah but the animation being the "best" episode yet...not a chance
Aug 4, 2023 7:24 AM
Jul 2023
Confused_100 said:
atari2k said:
it most definitely is if you know what animation quality is lol. 

Wow you just proved what capping mean
wow you just proved what illiteracy means! the episode had amazing character acting and art direction, idk what to tell you man.
Aug 4, 2023 7:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice, we're back to the present now!
Aug 4, 2023 7:26 AM
Jul 2023

alfsta said:
atari2k said:

ur high, the general directing and the acting was good yeah but the animation being the "best" episode yet...not a chance
point to an episode with more creative storyboarding, directing, character acting or character animation, I'll wait. 
Aug 4, 2023 7:45 AM
May 2011
I love how the characters always have to mention that Gojo is not around/out on a mission. 
Aug 4, 2023 7:54 AM
Oct 2018
lm frecking desroy by the story bro
Aug 4, 2023 8:09 AM

Mar 2020
It's been an while. The trio is back. That was back in winter 2021 the last time I saw them in the anime. Welcome back.

Anyways it's not new but the animation is just beautiful as expected of MAPPA's jujutsu kaisen.
Zorosuke_Aug 4, 2023 8:13 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Aug 4, 2023 8:20 AM
Mar 2021
The struggles that the older generations are more horrific and profound compared to that of Yuji and his peers. With power comes responsibility. There are multiple answers to questions that Geto faced, and none of them are wrong. I fully understand the decision Geto made, and empathise wholly. It was also admirable that Gojo is trying to help people like Geto in the future, those who are not ready to be saved. Overall, even though I have read the manga, the profoundness and depression shocked me, and this is one of the very few anime which actually focuses on stuff like this instead of going 'power of friendship' and 'overly cheerful MC breezing through difficulties'.

Overall, this is my favourite.
Aug 4, 2023 8:25 AM
Sep 2010
no bc the animation/directing is insane this season i like it so much 😭 the cars passing by while gojo and geto were talking? amazing 
i keep thinking it reminds me of some other anime but i'm not sure which one and none of the staff seem to have worked on anything with similar vibes that i have seen? idk it's like giving doukyuusei at certain points or... idk i'm thinking summer wars but that's probably not it... either way i love it!!! can't wait for shibuya....
Aug 4, 2023 8:59 AM
Mar 2023
I like how at the end they showed how the Paths of Gojo and Geto diverged.
Aug 4, 2023 9:04 AM
Aug 2023
Nice , especially liked the facial expressions of geto
Aug 4, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2020
Holy shit look at that pencil-spinning animation
pain
Aug 4, 2023 9:20 AM

Apr 2013
I really enjoyed how they depicted Geto's spiral. The system is rotten, someone else has to carry it and whoever buckles under it, simply gets buried. The snipe comment by nanami regarding Satoru was on point.  The direction was great. The music though... especially while Geto and Satoru had their chance meeting I was wondering what was I listening to. However, I loved the effect that reminded me of spaced clapping while Geto was affirming dominance.

This is highly enjoyable, I watched all 5 episodes in one sitting.
KoSparrowsAug 4, 2023 9:40 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

530 by zomtastic »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

242 by DoisacChopper »»
Yesterday, 4:44 PM

» I just love how Gojo edits have evolved (may contain spoilers)

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 20

15 by -starryskies- »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

550 by Artemis076 »»
Apr 25, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.