Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2023 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
The last episode of Hidden Inventory Arc is here before we jump straight into the Shibuya Incident. And, a very important episode from the character's point of view especially Geto's, and how his motivation changed him as a person. Got Yuki's glimpse for the first time after Season 1. She's funny. Poor Haibara. He was so sweet.

Things changed for Geto and how he received the Jujutsu World after that and much more things will be coming in the upcoming episodes. I think, for people who haven't watched it yet, it is the perfect time to catch up with the movie before we start onto the big arc of the season. Another beautiful episode, full of character animation. And here we conclude the HI arc which was really important to the story going forward. We also met little Megumi.

THEY ARE BACK!!! The Main trio. Can't wait for the Shibuya Incident to start. Watch the movie if you someone hasn't.
Pre_YumAug 3, 2023 9:43 AM
Aug 3, 2023 8:24 AM

May 2020
If whatever happened back in the last episode wasn’t already quite obvious, here’s the breakdown… Gojo became more “stronger” and Geto on the other hand, just quite lost it in simpler terms. Though he didn’t start acting like a psychopath or something but just quite lost his way. Day in and day out having inconsistent feelings to the point where it was plainly visible on his face that he’s dead inside despite still “living”. 

Quite good to see Yuki again, with that same Harley and that same question of “what’s your type?”, though must say it was her conversation with Geto which planted the seeds of killing every non-sorcerer in Geto’s mind. And thus he just started living that way, leaving jujutsu high, teaming with a few clowns and becoming the Geto who’s an enemy of Gojo. Felt for Gojo in that brief confrontation, that man is all alone despite being the strongest. 

Chronologically, the events of this episode lead to JJK 0, not that we already know but still. Anyways, kids never trust the words of man who speaks that way, though Megumi did in the end lol. GOOD TO HEAR THE GANG ONCE AGAIN. In the end, this arc has been given justice, so props to Mappa for that.

To think the next new episode is almost a month later, that’s really a downer. But that’d be the start of the Shibuya arc so we can wait. 
Aug 3, 2023 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, it was good to see the old gang again. :)
Aug 3, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
"What type of girls do you like?"

Despite her lack of screen time Yuki left her significant mark. In particular on Geto and Todo lol. Haibara's unfortunate death was also impactful. He was sort of the brake that stopped Geto from going down the dark path. And Nanami ran away from being a jujutsushi.

Oh man, where's my fun school comedy? At least Gojo adopting Megumi wasn't as bleak.

Fucked up

And now the wait begins.
FMmatronAug 3, 2023 11:21 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2023 9:05 AM
May 2021
That was such a beautiful episode. Storyboarding, art, voice acting was so well done. MAPPA clearly had a smaller team on S1 but after the success and how popular the series has gotten since then no question they’re putting 10x more people and effort into this series now. And it shows.

That transition to present day got me in my feelings. Even tho all of what happened was 11 years ago, unlike in the manga, the anime does a great job expressing how the events of the last 4 episodes still hold some weight inside Gojo. You can somewhat feel the loneliness in him. After all he stands alone at the top as the strongest in the Jujutsu world.

Can’t wait for Shibuya now.

LeoDragoAug 4, 2023 7:41 AM
Aug 3, 2023 9:39 AM

Jun 2021
The way show is heading is becoming interesting...
Finally I can say I am enjoying Jujitsu Kaisen...
Gojo past was lit..
Shibuya 🔥 on the way
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Aug 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
This episode had alot of parts that just looked bad like the crowd walking. The directing was also really ass in some parts. And what the hell was this music when Gojo talked to Geto? Jesus Christ. This episode should have so many good moments and the majority of them are so wasted. Im now worried about Shibuya.

2/5 worst episode of this season by far
NycroAug 3, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 3, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
I won't comment on the story, the anime can't change what was written in the manga after all, so it's not gonna grant my wishes, but it's the director's skill that save the day. Like, the use of clapping sound at the moment the water pour down on Geto's naked skin, or when it's raining, isn't it genius?
Aug 3, 2023 9:46 AM
Jul 2023
Nycro said:
Okay im worried about Shibuya. This episode had alot of parts that just looked bad like the crowd walking.
oh my god are you fucking kidding me? this was the best looking episode from jjk and probably top 3 that has ever been put out by mappa. you people have to be trolling.
psykixkAug 3, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 3, 2023 9:49 AM
Feb 2023
Good episode, animation took a dive this time harder but understandable. However I wish ai don’t see these kinds of animation nosedives in shibuya arc especially.

Now the playing cards are on the table and everyone’s motives are more clear. Still hyped for Shibuya arc as I know it will break the internet.
Aug 3, 2023 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
the animation was bad as trash the first season was way better especially megumi and gojo scene.

removed-userAug 3, 2023 10:09 AM
Aug 3, 2023 10:00 AM
Dec 2016
People on MAL really have weird animation takes. I never gonna take any of this seriously. The animation & direction is godly. Idk what you guys talking about
Aug 3, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2020
Confused_100 said:
Good episode, animation took a dive this time harder but understandable. However I wish ai don’t see these kinds of animation nosedives in shibuya arc especially.

Now the playing cards are on the table and everyone’s motives are more clear. Still hyped for Shibuya arc as I know it will break the internet.

you are acting like what you are saying is factual which is not in fact this is the best jjk as ever looked in terms of animation direction and art. I understand that somethings are subjective but its factual that the animation didnt take a nose dive as you said, how can you even say that when the episode was full of character acting with scenes like gojo playing with the pen, geto mudering the people in the village and geto's speech??? One thing is you not liking the animation another is saying its taken a nose dive and its the worst of this season. I am not trying to sound like a jerk or pretend to have absolute peak knowlegde about animation but it feels really disrespectfull to the staff to say that specifically when the majority of the work was done by two very young animators full of talent and that are considered by their piers in the animation scene to be the next big thing but whatever go off
Aug 3, 2023 10:09 AM

Oct 2017
Geto slowly losing hope in humanity and that incident with those two children was the final push he needed. Great to see Tsukumo nee san in the anime, she's so great. Can't wait to see her in future. Gojo meeting young Megumi was hilarious. And we are back to the present. Get ready guys, next arc is gonna be wild.
Aug 3, 2023 10:11 AM
Sep 2020
atari2k said:
Nycro said:
Okay im worried about Shibuya. This episode had alot of parts that just looked bad like the crowd walking.
oh my god are you fucking kidding me? this was the best looking episode from jjk and probably top 3 that has ever been put out by mappa. you people have to be trolling.

Exactly I thought mappa would chill after last episode with the visuals this was almost movie quality, loved how well the direction was this episode as well. More impactful than in the manga. People only talk when anime does something bad compared to the manga when it's done well they still try to shit talk it tho.
Aug 3, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 2021
another banger episode worth the wait now on to peak arc from August 31st
Aug 3, 2023 10:25 AM
May 2021
Seeing the gang at the end of the ep was amazing!! Cant wait for Shibuya!!
Aug 3, 2023 10:27 AM

Aug 2022
Best directed episode yet. It felt like I was watching a Science Saru anime. But if I'm completely honest it does not fit Jjk's vibe whatsoever. It feels out of place, and the direction is very inconsistent considering no other episodes looked or felt as experimental animation wise as this one. 

I really don't know why this season has been so inconsistent, I wonder if they're just hiring directors with very different visions. 

So far, not a single episode this season has had the same direction style as the other eps, it just seems like they're throwing random styles and hoping one nails its landing.
StaleNutAug 3, 2023 10:41 AM
Aug 3, 2023 10:28 AM

Mar 2023
this episode was so beautifully adapted, geto trying to his best to defend the actions of non-sorcerers, whilst pretty much being influenced by biker girl *ahem*. and of course, the crumble of a beautiful friendship :')
Aug 3, 2023 10:29 AM

Mar 2023
MAPPA really nailed the adaptation
Softhenic03 said:
If whatever happened back in the last episode wasn’t already quite obvious, here’s the breakdown… Gojo became more “stronger” and Geto on the other hand, just quite lost it in simpler terms. Though he didn’t start acting like a psychopath or something but just quite lost his way. Day in and day out having inconsistent feelings to the point where it was plainly visible on his face that he’s dead inside despite still “living”. 

Quite good to see Yuki again, with that same Harley and that same question of “what’s your type?”, though must say it was her conversation with Geto which planted the seeds of killing every non-sorcerer in Geto’s mind. And thus he just started living that way, leaving jujutsu high, teaming with a few clowns and becoming the Geto who’s an enemy of Gojo. Felt for Gojo in that brief confrontation, that man is all alone despite being the strongest. 

Chronologically, the events of this episode lead to JJK 0, not that we already know but still. Anyways, kids never trust the words of man who speaks that way, though Megumi did in the end lol. GOOD TO HEAR THE GANG ONCE AGAIN. In the end, this arc has been given justice, so props to Mappa for that.

To think the next new episode is almost a month later, that’s really a downer. But that’d be the start of the Shibuya arc so we can wait. 
Aug 3, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Gojo's smiling and laughing at the end, but it feels like he's kind of sad in a way. What a melancholic past. Waking up to Megumi, Nobara and Itadori must remind him of himself, Shoko and Geto.
Aug 3, 2023 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
I love this season's direction it feels movie like and I never thought JJK would ever be like that. I cant wait for shibuya and the crazy fight's. 
Aug 3, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
Arc name explanation: This arc has 3 names: Gojo's past (五条過去編 Gojō Kako-hen) - original name of the arc in the manga, and in the anime , it is referred to as Hidden Inventory / Premature Death Arc (懐玉・玉折編 Kaigyoku / Gyokusetsu-hen).
懐玉 (Kaigyoku, lit. breast pocket jade, harbouring jade) - "Having hidden talent within" which refers to Gojo, so "Hidden Inventory"
玉折 (gyokusetsu - jade break/jade fracture) means the breaking of a jade. It is also a metaphor for the premature death of a talented person/virtuous individual, so "Premature Death" (not sure what this refers to).

Geto's really losing it. Such eerie visuals, I like it.
On which side is Tsukumo? I guess she's just kinda on her own.
12:17 Oh god it's the kouhai that was with Nanami and with whom Geto talked earlier. Took me a moment to realize who it is.
Lmao at Shoko talking so casually with her friend who became a murderer.
Geto's motivations are a lot clearer now.
And Tsumiki... Hope she'll be saved someday.
And we're in the present again! Itadori my boy, I haven't seen you in so long.
Gojo's character seems a lot deeper now. Loved this arc. I wonder if the next opening will remain for the rest of the season or we'll have 3 of them?

BTW if you haven't watched the movie yet, I think right now is the best time to do so.
Aug 3, 2023 10:37 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Very good episode, now we wait for the next arc. I'm hyped and I am ready for having 19 weeks of JJK Content again.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 3, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2022
To think Haibara had more screentime in the OP and ED then he had in the entire show.
Aug 3, 2023 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Auto target prioritization huh. Sounds useful. Still his newfound strength i feel was the catalyst that caused his bond with Getou to fracture. Of course the start of that was always gonna be that group of braindead cultists that clapped as they saw Gojou rescue Riko. But transforming to the point where he butchered an entire village now that was a dark turn. He really was brazen though being so trueful with his answers to Shouko's questions. Overall a nice conclusion to the Geto origin arc that really fleshed out his character excellently. Looks like we're back in the shoes of Itadori and team once more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2023 10:43 AM
Jul 2023
nice. although Geto's transformation could have been done better
Aug 3, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 2020
It was one of the best episode ... animation was so good
Aug 3, 2023 10:45 AM
Jun 2022
After 5 episodes, when at the end they back to present days to Megumi, Yuji and Nobara I felt good, and I realised that I got tired of Gojo. He's great and everything, but he's a lot better when he's a secondary character. And I understand that this little arc was about him and Geto, but still I'm tired.

Can't wait for Shibuya Arc. I didn't read the manga, I only know some little pieces, but that's all.

Aug 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Mar 2020
Geto's descent into madness was done well, his feelings being conflicted, almost like a dead man walking, until he changed his outlook on sorcerers, and now he is who he is today. The friendship between Gojo and Geto crumbled too, as they no longer share the same views. Quite well done if I do say so myself, with character animation that was very expressive.

See you in four weeks for the Shibuya Incident.
Aug 3, 2023 10:52 AM
Aug 2019
honestly, the animation/directing was such a downgrade compared to all the other media this franchise has released so far.
This episode was not bad in any means, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth.
I really don't know what happened. frankly speaking, I am quite shocked.

hopefully, the next arc does not suffer the same treatment as this episode.
Aug 3, 2023 10:52 AM
May 2020
Towards the future with a world of sorcerers.
Yes baseline humans suck. I get it.
Someone once said: I would leave enough people alive to bury the bodies.

Aug 3, 2023 10:54 AM
Jun 2021
Literally perfect. Goshozono did amazingly on the storyboards and it was directed so well.

Some OST choices were not what I expected, but i’m not one to complain about headcanons.

Gojo’s and Geto’s VA both put on a fantastic performance.
Aug 3, 2023 10:56 AM

Feb 2021
I liked how the rain sounds just like the clapping that was plaguing Geto's mind
Great use of cinematography, directing, and sound design there. 

The main trio is finally back, ah how I missed them...
Aug 3, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
Yuki is sexy hot

and a world without curse spirits is possible eh

degAug 3, 2023 11:02 AM
Aug 3, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2022
the music and geto's fall scenes were perfectly spot on.... but...even tho I m not a guy who usually whines about animation....this ep's 2nd half was a little "ehhh....really???"
i totally understand that it could very well be an artistic choice... but personally not a fan...

the rest of arc was 🤌🔥 tho
Aug 3, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2018
That transition from the shower to clapping tho
Shota Goshozono, you're killing it man, I'm super excited for the rest of the season
Aug 3, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
a bit of a confusing episode with the timeskip to pre-Itadori
Aug 3, 2023 11:03 AM
May 2021
Who were the two girls with Geto? I recognize them as the girls from the village, but are they more significant other than that? No spoilers please just curious if they play a big role or not in the future of the show
Aug 3, 2023 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
boring episode. It was just that Getou fell into the darkness and Gojo woke up. There were several scenes where the drawing was broken, and it looked a little like a picture-story show. I was even more disappointed because I was lamenting that my favorite Toji died in battle in about one episode. I don't like the way a strong character like Toji is shown to leave the battle after one episode or so, so season 2 seems a little too rushed for me. I thought that I should have increased the thickness and expressed the past chapters in detail, but let's close our eyes to the past. Some tweeted that the atmosphere in episode 5 was terrible like Chainsaw Man, but I didn't think it was that bad and I think there were some good scenes. Well, I know the next Arc will be a great story, so let's wait until Shibuya. There were also good scenes, so it was not the lowest rating, but ☆ 2
Aug 3, 2023 11:07 AM
Feb 2021
so basically

commits genocide
not arrested
setenced to death

casually meetup with a chick
?
Aug 3, 2023 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
UriDaumCohen said:
honestly, the animation/directing was such a downgrade compared to all the other media this franchise has released so far.
This episode was not bad in any means, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth.
I really don't know what happened. frankly speaking, I am quite shocked.

hopefully, the next arc does not suffer the same treatment as this episode.
Ok im replying to you but its pretty much a reply to everyone else with this idea. 

In a way, i can get being disappointed by the animation, it is definitely very out there, do i think its bad in any way? No, not at all, its actually kinda amazing if you know how hard it is to make art with this much volume (and obviously the animation itself continues to be great) but still, it is very different from what we have had before, so i can (kinda) understand why someone would not enjoy it, as humans dont like change, be it good or bad, and art style is (mostly) subjective.

Now, what i dont understand is not liking the directing.... really? I just kinda wonder what type of directing people actually enjoy. Because, at least in this episode, the directing is some, if not all the right the best the show has had. In general s2 has been much, MUCH better in terms of directing than s1. Storyboards are way more ambitious, the editing is way more snappy, the aesthetic now looks much more realistic and doesnt at times look like poop colour. Again, this too is subjective, but good directing tends to be something i think everyone can see in a lot of different shows, so it shouldnt have this "shock" that for example the animation this episode might have in some. 
Aug 3, 2023 11:13 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
And here we see Geto's descent into madness. Pretty sad to see.

We're back to present!!
Aug 3, 2023 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
Was good the explaining from  where Gedou got the base of his plan.

About the Star Plasma Vessel, I don't know what is worse: think that all people gang up just on killing Riko and there was another, or a baby(?) was sacrificed.
Aug 3, 2023 11:15 AM
Apr 2023
Story made 0 sense, animation was horrific. I completely loved the previous episode but this one just was full of plot holes, the anime cut out so much and im just left confused, annoyed and dissapointed. This belongs in the same place as the thokyo ghoul episode where kaneki turns into a huge tree, somewhere in a garbage bin that will be deleted from humanity.
Aug 3, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
That was a very intriguing episode, especially considering the art style and animation. Does anyone know who the key animator was for this episode?
Aug 3, 2023 11:16 AM
Oct 2022
a whole season in 5 eps
Aug 3, 2023 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
And now we know the reason why Gojo has his power running around the clock: Toji. That man really instilled so much fear in Gojo to the point that he never wants an attack to touch him ever again. Even though he got packed up, he really traumatized The Strongest. 🐐🐐🐐

Man, this Star Plasma incident really broke Geto. My bae Yuki showed up (but she won't show up again for quite some time) and had an interesting conversation with Geto, which ultimately led to him deciding to rid the world of non-Jujutsu Sorcerers. And thus began his racist arc lol. You could definitely feel the pain Gojo was holding during that final conversation with his best friend. What a sad way for things to turn out. And hey, we got to see Gojo adopt young Megumi. 

Now we're finally back in the present day, and this season is only going to get better from here. A S1+movie recap I can understand I guess, but not sure why we'd need a recap of what we just spent the last 5 weeks watching. Welp, either way, once the long-awaited and highly anticipated Shibuya arc gets here, it's going to be a nonstop thrill ride. JJK truly takes off from there. 
thebrentinator24Aug 3, 2023 11:27 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 3, 2023 11:20 AM

Apr 2020
i am absolutely BAFFLED to see THAT many posts criticizing the direction/animation of the current season. 
i SWEAR to god we have to ban people who know absolutely nothing about artistic choices and cinematography in anime from voicing their opinions again, i don't have to justify anything, those with a working pair of eyes will actually see the greatness that is season 2 in terms of pure visuals and direction

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 11:23 AM
Feb 2022
The old partner of nanami really reminded me of itadori. I think that was why gojo send itadori to nanami for training.
Btw the blond babe kinda helped created geto as the serial killer, clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Really cool that we are getting back to old trio but I like how we could learn more about side characters that we have seen in the show.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

539 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

» Seriously what was the point of nobara’s backstory ( 1 2 )

Tan_2 - Dec 1, 2023

62 by MylesTalksMedia »»
May 8, 4:30 PM

» Anybody else feel mixed about the show until this season?

karnisdead - Jan 14

45 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 5, 2023

568 by MillionaireMommy »»
May 7, 6:00 PM

» Are You Strong Because You are Gojo Satoru or U Are Gojo Satoru Thats why u are strong ?

__GOJOSATORU__ - Apr 19

5 by Attackonfiller »»
May 4, 8:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.