Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2023 2:40 AM

Feb 2016
Cringe as fuck.
Kencho fucked a girl he met for like an hour, she turns into a zombie right after and he doesn't give a single fuck, just like ep3 the dude ain't funny, he may be one of the worst characters ever made. And the protag Akira is a dumbnass too who is clearly another generic self insert character that doesn't work at all, ep1 and 2 gave us a little hope on him because he is a guy who genuinely wants to change his life, and I can't say I do not relate to that, but nah man, he is just a shouting bitch like 98% of shonen protags.

I'll keep watching untill we get to see the blonde girl and how the team gets together, but if this plot doesn't get fixed soon I'll drop it so hard, such a bait anime, yeah I know, there are other goofy ecchi zombie animes like HOTD for example, that one sucks too, but at least it was full on the cringe shit, here instead they bait everyone with a likable main character (again, only during eps1 and 2), and that's it. Good animation means absolutely nothing for a show if the plot sucks and the characters are cringing idiots.

I must say tho, the little Resident Evil 2 reference with the zombie truck driver eating a burger was kinda cute.
StallionXDAug 1, 2023 1:02 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Aug 1, 2023 5:03 AM

Apr 2023
It's normal to have ups and downs, and I think this was the weakest episode so far, but still pretty enjoyable. I don't think they executed the mix between comedy and drama well. Also, the comedy wasn't that funny to me in this episode.

I'm still waiting for the introduction of other characters (we see 4 in the intro) to see how the dynamic between the characters works.

Aug 1, 2023 5:06 AM

Jul 2017
Tendo's playing a zombie game, and Kencho's having camping BBQ right smack on the roof of the Tokyo Metropolitan. Nice. More than Tendo not being able to get a girlfriend, a zombie farting is hilarious as heck that came out of nowhere.

Tendo shares his Bucket List to Kencho, and he wants to add his into the list, making him come along for the ride. Kencho's dream on wanting to become a stand-up comedian, he always liked comedy and wanted to become one, though a rogue tanker coming straight at them is bad news. And what Tendo did, is to drive underground while making an explosive comeback. Surely, getting a TV is good and all, but finding more survivors is something that they did not chance to, and the underground mall becomes a makeshift mixer of sorts with the Reika, Maki and Yukari being flight attendants. Another bucket list done, though not for long because of zombies banging down the door. And Tendo tries his luck on Yukari to only fail, though Kencho does it easy with Maki, the former now pushes his luck with alcohol, and it ended badly for him having a hangover. Maybe this could be Tendo's redemption...

The old man becoming a zombie while both Kencho and Maki are doing the deed, and Tendo finds himself being concerned by Yukari, who already has a boyfriend but was missing in the fiasco. And within a short moment, the infected become zombies, though both Tendo and Yukari are not spared from their old and exploitative jobs that harness dreams, to now zombies. Just when Tendo was making a really good connection with Yukari, it all has to come down to a zombie attack that ended dreams, and for the aspiring flight attendant, Yukari's life went down in a horrific way.

With the 8K TV acquired, Tendo now has a dream to live by: the childhood dream. Genuine connections maketh the person, and Tendo is one contender.
Aug 1, 2023 6:35 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode, but that's just depressing...
Aug 1, 2023 6:35 AM

Nov 2018
It's not THAT deep but still hits quite hard. Good balance of action - comedy - seinen. I miss the smart girl.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 1, 2023 7:06 AM
May 2023
StallionXD said:
Cringe as fuck.
Kencho fucked a girl he met for like an hour, she turns into a zombie right after and he doesn't give a single fuck, just like ep3 the dude ain't funny, he may be one of the worst characters ever made. And the protag Akira is a dumbnass too who is clearly another generic self insert character that doesn't work at all, ep1 and 2 gave us a little hope on him because he is a guy who genuinely wants to change his life, and I can't say I do not relate to that, but nah man, he is just a shouting bitch like 98% of shonen protags.

I'll keep watching untill we get to see the blonde girl and how the team gets together, but if this plot doesn't get fixed soon I'll drop it so hard, such a bait anime, yeah I know, there are other goofy ecchi zombie animes like HOTD for example, that one sucks too, but at least it was full on the cringe shit, here instead they bait everyone with a likable main character (again, only during eps1 and 2), and that's it. Good animation means absolutely nothing for a show if the plot sucks and the characters are cringing idiots.+

I'll say the little Resident Evil 2 reference with the zombie truck driver eating a burger was kinda cute tho.
StallionXD said:
Cringe as fuck.

I'll keep watching untill we get to see the blonde girl and how the team gets together, but if this plot doesn't get fixed soon I'll drop it so hard, such a bait anime, yeah I know, there are other goofy ecchi zombie animes like HOTD for example, that one sucks too, but at least it was full on the cringe shit, here instead they bait everyone with a likable main character (again, only during eps1 and 2), and that's it. Good animation means absolutely nothing for a show if the plot sucks and the characters are cringing idiots.+

I'll say the little Resident Evil 2 reference with the zombie truck driver eating a burger was kinda cute tho.
the manga is going downhill.
Aug 1, 2023 7:25 AM

Jun 2019
Also, for those talking about the comedy beats in this episode or comedic ebbs and flows in the series in general, I'll just say that...yeah.

Comedy - scripted comedy, that is, in any series, with this one being no exception, rarely makes me laugh (I find random unintentional things more humorous). And horror rarely scares me. Yet I'm still enjoying it for the story.
Aug 1, 2023 7:44 AM

Apr 2012
I suspected that these three girls would not live long when I first saw them in the episode, but I did not think that the author would kill them in such a grotesquely dark way. This show is becoming more and more like Western zombie movies and games in tone and atmosphere.
Aug 1, 2023 7:45 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Akira fails to have his cherry popped. Kencho had a great time though. 

Still not the time for the big titied samurai girl yet? She'll show up next week right? 

Right???
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 1, 2023 8:10 AM
May 2023
so far its awesome
Aug 1, 2023 8:13 AM

Dec 2020
I feel bad for the girl's. kencho cared a bit too little about the fact the girl he fked gets her face bitten off and instead kinda brushes it off.
Aug 1, 2023 8:20 AM
Jun 2021
That old man took all bad bitches down 
Aug 1, 2023 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
First episode was amazing, but this is several grades below. Introducing characters just to sexualize the hell off of them even as they die? Kinda gross. Hopefully next episodes will be better.
Aug 1, 2023 9:43 AM

Nov 2016
I seriously don't understand how this anime can be enjoyed without turning your brain into an 8 yo's before watching it.

The MCs literally met people alive after a while, probably the first ones Kencho has seen, they try to hit on them while a bunch of zombies are in the outside yelling and hitting the wall.
Kencho fucks with one of them and completely loses interest in what happens to her after that. The MC also tries to hit on them, talks with one of them (A person that is actually worried about the situation) and seems like he starts to rethink things (a second time now), and I'm pretty sure that in the next episode he will still give a shit about the whole zombie apocalypse.

I'm not saying that they should have saved them, but IDK at least care about the situation, the MC did something coherent for once, but it was too late. The comedy in this show trying to mix with drama is… Honestly dogshit, you can't really be serious while you see that 2 people fucked one of them gets her face eaten and turns into a zombie in front of you and the next thing you say is "I found a big TV".
AlvaritoterreosAug 1, 2023 9:53 AM
Aug 1, 2023 11:28 AM
Nov 2020
Episode was actually kinda wholesome if you overlook the s*x and all 4 of the flight attendants dying
Aug 1, 2023 11:43 AM

May 2021
TVs over air hostesses in a zombie apocalypse any day of the week.

Aug 1, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2022
So sad that they killed the waifus :(

Had I been in the shoes of that panicky dumbass, I would've told em "ok guys who's bashing my skull cause I'm bitten" rather than get those 3 beauties killed...
Aug 1, 2023 3:06 PM
Feb 2020
This is the first IP I read the manga before the anime. It's an almost perfect adaptation!
Aug 1, 2023 3:55 PM

Jul 2023
The moment they realized they were.... WINING AND DINING xD

This episode also made me wonder how many people they meet might not be around at the end of the episode. Kind of sad, but guess what? They found a wide screen tv tho!! Those two parts I laughed pretty good at.
Aug 1, 2023 5:03 PM
Nov 2022
Sin duda otro buen episodio, no esperaba que terminara asi de tragico, pero al menos nuestro protagonista aprendio una valiosa leccion y casi tiene un poco de romance.

Definitely another good episode, I didn't expect it to end so tragic, but at least our protagonist learned a valuable lesson and almost had a bit of romance.
Aug 1, 2023 8:18 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Eh, I'd say this was likely the weakest episode. I'm hoping this show doesn't follow the formula of everyone they meet will become a zombie, except for the main group. At least Ken is still a bro to Akira getting the TV.

But I think these deaths really hit Akira differently. I think he's beginning to realize the weight of what's going on around him.
takkun_Aug 1, 2023 8:23 PM
Aug 1, 2023 8:32 PM
Dec 2012
Glad the show is still quality stuff!
Aug 1, 2023 9:27 PM

Jul 2016
Those flight attendant chicks were the true definition of "fodder characters". Well, at least my boy Kencho could score with one of them.

And of course the zombies conveniently disappeared the moment the MCs needed to leave the store 😒
Not to mention the girls never closing the store shutters all the way in the first place...

3/5 episode. The mix between seriousness/tragedy and comedy was lame asf.
Aug 1, 2023 9:34 PM
Aug 2023
It was probably the most important episode I've seen towards the MC's character growth so far. Didn't expect the people with bland character designs to survive and was right
Aug 1, 2023 11:20 PM

Jan 2023
Probably the best episode so far. I wish they would've kept the girls around longer, it would have been nice to see a longer developed relationship between Akira and Yukari. I really like Ken as a character as well. This and Dark Gathering have been the most interesting seasonals for me so far.
死人に口なし
Aug 1, 2023 11:38 PM
May 2023
Poetwise said:
This is the first IP I read the manga before the anime. It's an almost perfect adaptation!
the anime is better than the manga.
Aug 1, 2023 11:40 PM
May 2023
CG o herashite.......
Aug 2, 2023 12:11 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was the first episode where I genuinely laughed of published so far episodes. This is because when they are funny they increase the parody level to 100%. If the story or characters involved some seriousness in jokes, it turned out how absurd things were. Like the roof-to-roof jumping issues in the previous episode or the main character getting out of work things.

As long as the level of absurdity is like this, I can say that it will be more watchable and enjoyable. :)
Aug 2, 2023 12:20 AM
Oct 2022
nooooooooo que triste :((((
Aug 2, 2023 5:25 AM
Jan 2019
wow zombie zombie..
Aug 2, 2023 6:09 AM

Sep 2018
One thing I really appreciate about this show is how well it manages to balance lighthearted fun and tragedy without a single thing feeling out of place. The overall narrative is fairly upbeat because of the attitude of the protagonist, but it's constantly being contrasted by the people he meets. Other characters are there to remind both the viewer and Akira himself that his hedonistic outlook on the situation is in fact quite unusual, but that mindset of his is also able to bring joy and hope to those despaired by the circumstances – every character interaction so far has been give-and-take, which allows for intriguing, genuine and heartfelt development.

Anyway, this shot of Akira is all I need to describe my experience with this show so far.

Aug 2, 2023 7:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think some people here in the comments are taking this series too seriously. This is supposed to be a dark comedy, social commentary about work life in Japan. Not a true survicors story, thats just the framework and context.

RIP for the new characters. That was really brief, I expected them to hang around just a bit longer.

Kenchou is literally a chad. Took him less than an hour to get laid with the curviest flight attendant. And Akira, yeah, he's your typical hervibore self insert. Probably would die a virgin but luckily for him there are few men left. I mean who the hell starts a conversation with a "do you have  a boyfriend?"
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2023 8:19 AM
May 2022
It was a good episode, it had some emotions and we got to see the protagonist develop a new dream. It was a bit funny too, the jokes were on time.
Aug 2, 2023 12:21 PM
May 2017
once i heard she had a bf i was like, "yeah...no plot armor for you ". Lmao damn not a single survivor tho. Old fucker was a dickhead, he knew he had a bite yet didn't say anything. At that point just section yourself off if you don't wanna go outside with the zombies. Good ep though, just glad to see my boy Akira still has his will to live

4.5/5
Aug 2, 2023 3:41 PM
Sep 2020
I think this is my favorite anime airing this season.
Aug 2, 2023 10:43 PM
May 2023
More sakuga more delays
Aug 2, 2023 10:50 PM
Sep 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I think this is going to be a little more polarizing than what I initially thought, I can see a lot of people not liking or resonating with the tonal shifts and the sudden change from histrionics to a more touching or serious scene. Sucks to be them though, I guess.

IMO, this show shouldn't be taken too seriously or you're not going to have a good time. I mean, it's whole premise it about living it up large when the world is in peril lol
Yeah, that's the problem with the show, the tone shift doesn't work because it's supposed to be a comedy and not to be taken seriously, but somehow the author included a heavy scene and tried to get you emotional about it.
Aug 2, 2023 10:59 PM
Sep 2021
Farabeuf said:
I think some people here in the comments are taking this series too seriously. This is supposed to be a dark comedy, social commentary about work life in Japan. Not a true survicors story, thats just the framework and context.

RIP for the new characters. That was really brief, I expected them to hang around just a bit longer.

Kenchou is literally a chad. Took him less than an hour to get laid with the curviest flight attendant. And Akira, yeah, he's your typical hervibore self insert. Probably would die a virgin but luckily for him there are few men left. I mean who the hell starts a conversation with a "do you have  a boyfriend?"
No, it' fails as a dark comedy the moment the author tries to mix tragedy in. The only good dark comedy moment of the show was in Ep 2 when the MC met that couple asking for instant ramen cups. Plus, rule 101 of writing any story is not to make your MCs dicks, the MCs in this show are exactly that, they lack empathy and are almost psychopathic. How are you supposed to like them when the first thing they think about after seeing someone who just got close to them die is "Oh, look what I found! A Widescreen TV"
Aug 2, 2023 11:06 PM

Apr 2015
I don't think we should expect impactful emotional depth from this, it's very much surface level on that aspect but if it's not gunning for that in the first place and delivers on others what's not to like

It fundamentally cannot be a masterpiece this way but it can be enjoyble
LanzAug 2, 2023 11:09 PM
Aug 2, 2023 11:28 PM
Nov 2018
Low key hilarious bit with kencho picking up girls.  This show is so solid.
Aug 3, 2023 6:33 AM
Jun 2023
VMPL said:
Farabeuf said:

No, it' fails as a dark comedy the moment the author tries to mix tragedy in. The only good dark comedy moment of the show was in Ep 2 when the MC met that couple asking for instant ramen cups. Plus, rule 101 of writing any story is not to make your MCs dicks, the MCs in this show are exactly that, they lack empathy and are almost psychopathic. How are you supposed to like them when the first thing they think about after seeing someone who just got close to them die is "Oh, look what I found! A Widescreen TV"
Yeah they should try fix/balanced the comedy dan dark stuff so be bit better but hey this isn't suppose to be like other zombie anime as i heard and read comment from others, but i kind of doubt that they will try 
section96Aug 3, 2023 6:43 AM
Aug 3, 2023 6:59 AM
May 2023
Man, each episode just keeps getting better and better so far! Loving this.
Aug 3, 2023 8:51 AM
May 2020
Very good episode. I have laughed and I have been moved. Kencho makes me very funny, and I love the duo they form. Sometimes, due to things in life, we forget our greatest dream...
Aug 3, 2023 9:42 AM
Mar 2023
having pink zombie farts is lowkey goals
Aug 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Jul 2023
cooooooooooooool
Aug 3, 2023 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
Farabeuf said:

Dark comedies still needs boundaries. As an author you can't act like a social warrior about how bad black companies treat their employees and then make their main characters complete sociopaths devoid of any empathy towards the recently deceased because a high definition TV was more important by the end of the day. It makes the author a complete hypocrite when the characters are no better than the black company managers focused on material earnings than human life. You either make a complete nonsensensical dark comedy or you stick by your guns and make it a social satire with the proper tone, you can't have it both ways and expect the vast majority of the audience to buy your dissonant BS..

You're also claiming that it's not a survivor story. How the heck is not a survivor story when the point for both Akira and Kencho is to make a bucket list about things they should do before they die? Or the whole point of Akira ridding several miles to meet up with Kencho and apologize to him (and saving him from the zombie hordes in the act) Or Shizuka trying to insert some survival instincts on Akira at the convenience store? Yes, this is a survivor story with black company backstory buried in the past.
KimurahAug 3, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 3, 2023 10:46 AM
Jul 2023
Nice till now. But if there's no upgradation to the story, it may start to get average
Aug 3, 2023 11:32 AM
Jun 2023
Finally a good zombie anime!
My candy

Aug 3, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2021
Kimurah said:
Farabeuf said:

Dark comedies still needs boundaries. As an author you can't act like a social warrior about how bad black companies treat their employees and then make their main characters complete sociopaths devoid of any empathy towards the recently deceased because a high definition TV was more important by the end of the day. It makes the author a complete hypocrite when the characters are no better than the black company managers focused on material earnings than human life. You either make a complete nonsensensical dark comedy or you stick by your guns and make it a social satire with the proper tone, you can't have it both ways and expect the vast majority of the audience to buy your dissonant BS..

You're also claiming that it's not a survivor story. How the heck is not a survivor story when the point for both Akira and Kencho is to make a bucket list about things they should do before they die? Or the whole point of Akira ridding several miles to meet up with Kencho and apologize to him (and saving him from the zombie hordes in the act) Or Shizuka trying to insert some survival instincts on Akira at the convenience store? Yes, this is a survivor story with black company backstory buried in the past.
This! From what i've read, the manga has some problems with the story as well, so this is 100% author's fault. For the adaptation, i think the studio is still doing an amazing job. I'd drop it immediately after the previous episode if the animation wasn't so good.
Aug 3, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2019
niookookjo said:
I feel bad for the girl's. kencho cared a bit too little about the fact the girl he fked gets her face bitten off and instead kinda brushes it off.
I doubt he cared about her in any substantive way. He and the both of them had only met the girls a few hours before and it seemed clear it was just a one-night fling, purely physical pleasure-related type situation. Not some deep psychological or emotional connection.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

66 by nick_el_son »»
May 5, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2023

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 1, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.