Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, Sumi is back. IT's been awhile since we've seen her face but also seems like not much has changed about her character. She's still the same Sumi from the previous seasons.

Mini is still very outspoken but she has her style of words and fashion. Despite how she looks, I think Mini can be pretty tough.
Jul 21, 2023 12:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Imagine that. You're attending a lecture in uni and suddenly the guy next to you starts balling his eyes out. Kazu sure went all out to get this opportunity though. Mini's sure invested in Kazu and Mizuhara's bond. If anything the most important part of crowdfunding is maintaining the attention of the masses via regular updates. Not to mention the rewards as well. That was a nice assist from Sumi despite how hard it must be for her. Hopefully they'll be able to draw more attention to the movie though. But it was nice to see Sumi again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2023 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
God I hate how much I enjoy this show lmao 😂 it’s like crack man you know it’s awful for you but damn it’s enjoyable

Yaemori the real MVP and best wingman you could ask for. 😂 not only is she getting the avengers together to make the film for Chizuru, but she’s also trying to help Kazuya make some progress romantically. She’s improved the story a lot.

Cute how Sumi saw Kazuya doing his best handing out the flyers and it motivated her to go outside of her comfort zone to help! Decent episode I can’t lie.
Marinate1016Jul 21, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 21, 2023 12:26 PM

Apr 2021
I just realised how different Mini's character is portrayed is the english sub vs the german sub. In german she reacts to Chizuru's stuff with "so poggers", while in english she just says "awesome". 

But nontheless, she is a great extension to the cast. Her sassy demeanor is so fun to watch and it seems she really starts to interfere with the other characters relationships. Moves things forward in every way. 
Jul 21, 2023 12:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Once again Mini is stealing the show this season by becoming Kazuya's wingman and taking control of Chizuru's crowdfunding movie project after support for the movie have dried up. Mini dropped some serious emotional bombs on Chizuru towards the end. For a zoomer, Mini knows the human heart very well.
Jul 21, 2023 12:36 PM
May 2023
Marinate1016 said:
God I hate how much I enjoy this show lmao 😂 it’s like crack man you know it’s awful for you but damn it’s enjoyable

Yaemori the real MVP and best wingman you could ask for. 😂 not only is she getting the avengers together to make the film for Chizuru, but she’s also trying to help Kazuya make some progress romantically. She’s improved the story a lot.

Cute how Sumi saw Kazuya doing his best handing out the flyers and it motivated her to go outside of her comfort zone to help! Decent episode I can’t lie.

same 😂 well finnaly its getting better
Jul 21, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2023
bit slow, till the end of the episode, hopefully they double down next episode
Jul 21, 2023 12:52 PM

Dec 2020
Sumi is back and she want to support kazuya and mizuhara with the movie, she’s so cute.
Yaemori really knows what to do i love her accent with “su” at the end.
Well i think she knows that he loves her but idk if it’s friendship or romantic.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 21, 2023 1:01 PM
Feb 2021
this is prolly the BEST ep of the whole series..

you'd think there would be progress but ive skipped through the manga😐
Jul 21, 2023 1:15 PM

Jan 2023
I love how the opening shot is Kazuya tearing up in class, that has no right to be funny.

I'm glad to see Sumi appear again, especially her picking up the papers and passing them around to help. Mini continues to be a treat to see, trying to progress the relationship between Chizuru and Kazuya and being a little wingman for her master as well as helping with the project. Ruka meanwhile, eh.

Overall, fun episode. That bomb that Mini dropped at the end, yeesh. The only thing that ticks me is Chizuru continuing to refer to Kazuya as a client, you both are at least acquainted by now.
See you all next friday, I'm gonna go watch Tamako Love Story. Have a lovely day or night.
Jul 21, 2023 1:27 PM

Dec 2021
Sumi is back, and now I find myself not only feeling concerned for Ruka but also for Sumi. I don't know how VirginBoy managed to attract four girls, but I have to admit he has some impressive charisma. However, all the credit should go to Yaemori if he ends up with Mizu.

I wish the others were more like Yaemori and respected VirginBoy instead of idolizing the biggest simp in anime history. I can see that Yaemori is slowly developing feelings for him, even if she still struggles to understand the concept of love.

Jul 21, 2023 1:51 PM
Apr 2022
Mini is really good to give work to other people.
Rukia getting jealous because of another girl is nothing new..

Mini told Chizuru really everything and tried anything. But Chizuru does not allow something like this. Nothing to be expected otherwise
Jul 21, 2023 1:52 PM

Jun 2023
Yea, I enjoyed this episode as it was one of the best in the whole series so far.
Mini develops the story as she takes the lead role in the film organisation and supports the romantic relationship between Chizuru and her master.
And Sumi (finally) got some screentime again. She hasn't changed and is still the shy one, nice to see her helping Kazuya.

Best quote of this Episode:
"The majority of backers will simp the actress Ichinose Chizuru." You can transfer this to the anime 1 to 1 lmao
Jul 21, 2023 2:10 PM
Jun 2023
some nice progress, is it love? Definitely a train of thought the cast will have to face while working on the movie, hopefully all goes well (still tho Ruka best girl)
Jul 21, 2023 2:19 PM

Jun 2021
Yaemori makes the story progress and the character development of the MC. She should be the 'master' to Kazuya, not the other way around lol. Now that she's here, it will be more enjoyable to watch.
Jul 21, 2023 2:48 PM
Senpai

May 2021
episode was sweet tbh. But then i know the writing will be bad again and then yeah. Idk.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 21, 2023 2:49 PM

May 2019
I was wondering if they would've at least brought up the topic of offering Chizuru's underwear and Mini tried going there lol (if they offered that I'm sure the crowdfunding would've been met overnight).

Anyways, it was nice to see Sumi back and Ruka's reaction to Mini was not surprising but I am a bit surprised at how hard Mini is to convince Chizuru that Kazuya is a good catch.
Jul 21, 2023 3:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
At last, ED visuals! And they’re really nice, very Mizuhara centric which makes sense giving this current arc is heavily focused on her, the song goes well with it too. And this episode was a good one, the movie seemed like it might be in a bad spot due to a lack of backers but thankfully Yaemori knew a thing or two about crowdfunding and got everyone back on track.

And hell yes, Sumi has made her appearance in Season 3 and it was a very good moment although not very long, she actually cancelled her thing with her dad to help out Kazuya lol, but it was sweet as hell with her trying her best to help. And I also really enjoyed the bit between Mizuhara and Yaemori, Mizuhara wasn’t having it with Yaemori snooping around her room lol, but then came Yaemori having her best wingwoman moment yet which was pretty awesome, it’s safe to say Yaemori is a great addition to the show lol, I wonder how Mizuhara will act from now on after hearing all that.
Jul 21, 2023 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
I had my prejudice against Yaemori, but wow, she's moving things forward. Her energy is golden.

Not as confident, yet at least as precious was Sumi. Nice return.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2023 3:39 PM
Dec 2022
Aww I missed Sumi-chan! I hope to see more of her! I wonder if her dad know about her job as a rental girlfriend. 🤔

Wow! I know that Mini says what's on her mind, but at the ending she really gave it to Chizuru! She's right though, not everyone can create boundaries around others, and you never know if one person you meet could actually be the one you end up with. People are unpredictable like that.🤷‍♂️
Jul 21, 2023 4:16 PM
Oct 2016
Mini is the real MVP. She's doing all the heavy lifting now. Kazuya, albeit no fault of his own since he's never done this before, doesn't know what to do now that the crowd funding page is losing steam. That initial first week push is all they got and now they're in jeopardy of not reaching the goal. Which in a crowd funding campaign is very bad since it's all or nothing, if they don't reach the goal they get zero dollars at all. Mini providing much needed support calling her meeting to strategize. Ruka wasn't too happy about another girl being in Kazuya apartment but they need Mini expertise. She's done this before and has a brilliant plan to get them to that goal. Handing out flyers, getting their crowd funding page in the recommended section of the website, spreading the word through friends online, and adding more incentives to the reward tiers. Such as some personal effects of Chizuru. Naturally the beautiful lead actress personal items would cause plenty of dudes to fork over even more cash than they might've already. The scene with Mini going through Chizuru apartment with her to find stuff to offer was hilarious. Chizuru has tons of outfits for her rental girlfriend dates. Mini going for the panties made me laugh, she's got some uncontrollable urges. She did a great thing though confronting Chizuru about Kazuya feelings. Shoving it right in Chizuru face and making her answer the question of what if he loves her for real.
Jul 21, 2023 4:39 PM
Aug 2022
It's a nice episode. 
I like it because all the characters are involved in the making of the movie (Sumi's help was really cute) and Yaemori updates the movie's website and tries to push the relationship between Kazuya and Chizuru (W Yaemori).
It was fun to watch, I had a great time.
Jul 21, 2023 5:43 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 21, 2023 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
I hate to say it but I liked this episode.  Girl #5 sure is a breath of fresh air.
Jul 21, 2023 6:25 PM
Nov 2019
ceritanya makin seru ini
My Candies :
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Right now, I'd just like to say, that Rent-a-Girlfriend.... is NOT shit.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 21, 2023 7:39 PM
Aug 2021
At least Yaemori is not useless
Jul 21, 2023 8:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Arguably the best episode of the season so far. Getting into the nitty gritty of the crowdfunding campaign and how to fix it, Mizuhara learning of the things Kazuya has had to do to get the necessary people to help, and the new girl really pushing Mizuhara like no one else has about Kazuya. A lot of good developments here.
Jul 21, 2023 8:37 PM
Apr 2011
The story is becoming serious now. Chizuru is realising her own feelings and no longer being oblivious to herself in the name of being professional. Time to start collecting the manga!
Jul 21, 2023 8:47 PM

Jun 2019
I like Yaemori's design. Rocking t-shirt and shorts like normal person does in their home.
Jul 21, 2023 8:56 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Omg Yaemori straight up said it!!

Great ep btw. Cute and funny.

Best girl Sumi-chan also made an appearance
Jul 21, 2023 9:13 PM
Jul 2023
this is starting to gwet hella good
Jul 21, 2023 9:36 PM
Jan 2022
BRO WHAT JUST HAPPENED
Jul 21, 2023 9:36 PM
Apr 2021
They actually made some progress in this episode, finally making some connections with side characters actions
Jul 21, 2023 10:17 PM
Aug 2022
Honestly I didn’t dread watching that episode like the first two of this season, I feel like the first two to three episodes of new seasons are always really rough for this show. But for the first time in a few weeks I enjoyed it
Jul 22, 2023 12:04 AM

Jan 2021
I'm worry that Kazuya have nothing more in life than all day just think in Mizuhara like
Is fine if it's a 13 yr old mf
but he's like... 20

Jul 22, 2023 12:23 AM
Feb 2023
I everytime watch and end the episode saying... " this will be the last I don't want suffering" then also me watching the next episode saying the same exact thing to the next episode
Jul 22, 2023 12:36 AM
May 2021
These 3 episode got more progress than entire previous 2 seasons lmao
Jul 22, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2021
finally a great episode. this one made me feel like rent a kano is really back.

i really like yaemori for being the cupid. she's at least putting the ideas in chizuru's head so that itself is a big step as she never would think stuff like that on her own.

mizuhara's thinking is dumb. she really thinks a person would go to such great lengths like helping them create a freaking movie just like that. it's such a obvious thing that he's in love with her. but well anime won't be anime if the main characters aren't oblivious so..

anyway i think chizuru's worn pantsu and bra could have made a nice 100k tier no doubt. kazuya would have been the first one to donate in that case then xD

i liked yaemori's little speech about how there's no way people won't wish to have those rental gf's as their real gf's but it looks cool and touching only in anime plus the circumstances are hugely different in chizuru and kazuya's case but irl it's just shameful lmao even if you can't help it.

the ED is okay, the visuals are also just fine. hard to best season 2 ED and visuals, they were just too good. the OP is growing on me though i like it.

overall a 10/10 episode. loads better than first 2 episodes of this season. looking forward to the next one.
TsutanaiFuunJul 22, 2023 1:13 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 22, 2023 2:55 AM

Feb 2016
We had Sumi on screen for exactly 1 minute, no joke, and so far that has been the best part in this season as always, since she has been the only good character here, Yaemori is great but she ain't as good.

Still, I love this southern goblin thing, she has a great goofy face.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jul 22, 2023 5:48 AM

Aug 2017
MC belongs with Ruka. Mizhuhara belongs with someone else.

Story isn't very fun anymore. I hope it ends soon.
Jul 22, 2023 6:08 AM
Jul 2022
Mini is a wonderful addition and somewhat offsets Kazuya's annoying aspects. Ruka is getting a bit stale. I'm ready for Mami to show up cause some chaos. I'd like to see Kibe return as well.
Jul 22, 2023 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
3 episodes in, Mini Yaemori is Best Girl already!!

Holy Shit, she is SPITTING SO HARD in this episode!!

Anime only probably thinking Rent a Girlfriend might be actually good?
i sense a lot of COPIUM.
Jul 22, 2023 7:47 AM

Jan 2021
Dang new girl went for the kill in Mizuhara's apartment. Her instinct was going for the underwear drawer. Kazuya would only wish to be that degenerate. But they're both girls so in the world of anime its okay.

Also yeah Mizuhara of course Kazuya loves you. Why else would he spend a ridiculous amount of money to hang out with you.
Jul 22, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2021
Mini is literally one of the best wingman ever. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 22, 2023 9:25 AM
Mar 2015
Sumire is so sweet but Min does tell the straight truth
Jul 22, 2023 9:35 AM
Mar 2021
I kinda hate the show but i can't stop watching it
Jul 22, 2023 10:50 AM
Jun 2023
Everything, especially Yaemori
Jul 22, 2023 11:08 AM

Feb 2018
Now that he has Yaemori on board it looks like she will be able to help out quite a bit, unless she makes things a bit awkward between Chizuru and Kazuya.
Jul 22, 2023 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
lovely! Yaemori Mini is the best! Putting her in the plot was best thing done by the author! Not some love interest, but a great friend and cool personality.
Not gonna talk about Ruka.. girlfriend on paper ;o I even forgot how this started?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where's the fourth season? Why has there not been any announcement?

TsutanaiFuun - May 6

18 by captain3chord »»
May 7, 4:18 AM

» But how? ( 1 2 )

BestWeebOT - Jun 13, 2023

52 by RTEnnnimop213 »»
May 5, 3:22 AM

» Chizuru in the opening of ep 12 (spoiler)

fxcksotired - May 2

3 by Ab_271004 »»
May 3, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

143 by mihasuboch »»
Apr 14, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Kazuya is honestly a great guy

Shizuna - Apr 9

17 by Rayane-47 »»
Apr 14, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.