Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2015
I'm an anime only and I thought they really went full Yosuga no Sora. Now I'm disappointed 😔
Jul 19, 2023 10:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty much what one might've expected

Any actual incest development just wouldn't have made sense for this story
Jul 19, 2023 10:40 AM

Jun 2023
I am 🤏 close to dropping this. What has Aka become?

I really thought last chapter was just incestbait to troll the fans this chapter with the whole “you really think it’s gonna happen” like that IshiMiko convo about peeping. But no this is actually played straight and people are unironicly rooting for incest. What the actual fuck is wrong with people. Especially the Japanese fans who were obsessed with this happening since the beginning.

If this isn’t subverted by the end of the arc I’ll just be waiting for Aka’s next manga.
Jul 19, 2023 11:03 AM

Jun 2021
Those issues...not a big deal for me. They're just a siblings who got suuuper close:) Memcho was right, Ruby needs a family to support her. She's been working hard.

Miyako have a lot to think about. There's this about the company and the twins. As their stepmom, it must be tough not knowing what they really think but still cares and treats them as her real children. Unexpected Miyako and Ichigo meeting at the end what will they do?
Jul 19, 2023 11:21 AM
Nov 2020
banger, i like it, 10/10
Jul 19, 2023 1:32 PM
Jan 2018
RedCat_cher said:
Those issues...not a big deal for me. They're just a siblings who got suuuper close:) Memcho was right, Ruby needs a family to support her. She's been working hard.

Miyako have a lot to think about. There's this about the company and the twins. As their stepmom, it must be tough not knowing what they really think but still cares and treats them as her real children. Unexpected Miyako and Ichigo meeting at the end what will they do?

Yeah honestly I'm not so worried about the incest bait after this chapter. The last chapter had me worried with the last panel (as I'm sure many were), but another post pointed out today that when Ruby said "I'm 16 now, you know" in that panel, that Aqua was behind the sliding glass door; he couldn't have heard her. This reinforces the idea that the two of them are simply close again (Ruby obviously being very forward), with Aqua's reveal of Ai's secret being effectively forgiven.

I'm glad to see the focus shift over to Miyako and Ichigo; neither of them have gotten an especially large amount of focus recently.
Jul 19, 2023 2:23 PM
Oct 2020
Poor kana. Now Ichigo's back!
Jul 19, 2023 3:17 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Those reactions from Kana and Mem were great, but I'm super glad we got more Miyako here. It's always good when she gets more pagetime since she's one of the best characters, and I loved getting to see more of her internal dialogue. This will be interesting with the reunion of her and Ichigo next chapter.

Jul 19, 2023 3:47 PM

Feb 2018
Ruby is now super clingy to Aqua, nothing too surprising. Though that was a pretty heavy mood swing just because she found out about Aqua's past life lol. Miyako definitely has a lot on her table, Ruby and Aqua both seem like people who are hard to deal with lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 19, 2023 5:52 PM

Oct 2021
Ruby is very clingy to Aqua!! 😍 Juice? Juice? She wants Aqua's juice? 😏🧃Aka is onto something fishy here. 🐟 Miyako deserves a husband who'd take care of her. 😩 She's overworked and the twins don't love her enough. ☹️ Ichigo's sooo busted. He deserves a lecture from best mom Miyako!! Can't wait for the bar conversation these two will have on next chapter. 😁🍸

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Dec 2022
The latest chapters feel so short I just re-read them over and over, I cant wait to see where this story goes from here on
Jul 19, 2023 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
The true highlight of this chapter for me is MOMMY MIYAKO! Ive always thought her character is under utilised, WE NEED MORE OF HER! THATS IT! I've respected her more and its heart warming to see how she treated both the twins as hers.

Not riding on the incest train but can't deny that I chuckled at the Aqua Juice. Akas definitely watching and milking this eh 

Kana and Mem contrasting reaction lol. glad that aka atlst acknowledge/self inserted the fact that other people are grossed out at the interaction incest bait, to Kana no less, the most normal and sane character in the series. 

and Kana clearly knows that something happened, I also liked how concerned she is at rubys state and wanted to find a solution for her just goes to show that her disgusted reaction is genuine and not purely out of enviousness but simply weirded out at sibling clingyness. 

QueenSapphireJul 19, 2023 7:57 PM
Jul 19, 2023 8:05 PM
Nov 2019
Well I guess we're gonna keep this stupid thing going for a while.
Jul 19, 2023 8:30 PM

Apr 2022
she wants his juice lmfao aka is on thin ice. ruby is fully wrapped around aqua, not araragi and his sis levels of wrapped around, but it's still there.
honestly interested to see how much further aka is willing to take this bluff.

miyako and ichigo reunite at the bar, guess she does have someone to rely on, maybe.
Jul 19, 2023 8:32 PM
Jul 2021
I think ruby is just really happy that one of the two most important people in the world to her is still alive and well.
Jul 19, 2023 10:17 PM
May 2021
Hell yea 🔥🔥🔥🔥, Aqua Ruby shippers eating good
Jul 20, 2023 1:37 AM

Apr 2015
Kinda meh chapter. I guess it's a nice breather though. More wholesome than I thought because I was expecting a scene where Aqua turns down Ruby hard. I can already read between the lines though. Aqua is just making Ruby feel better but he'll probably turn him down smoothly soon enough
Jul 20, 2023 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
Isn’t anyone gonna talk about the gorgeous Shiranui illustration on the first page? I really want her to have an active role in the story from now on, but unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen.
Jul 20, 2023 4:10 AM

Feb 2019
Aka-sensei trolling the entire fanbase by dropping that bomb last chapter and then not giving us a resolution to it in the next chapter lol I sure hope it doesn't go down the marriage route because I think that would be a complete disaster. But I have faith in Aka-sensei! Especially because I really love the brother-sister dynamic, and I loved the twins' interaction in the first part of this chapter
'
'Siscon Aqua strikes again, it's been a while since anybody's called him that

Miyako is greatly underappreciated! She's basically Aqua's and Ruby's mom after Ai's death, and she needs far more appreciation for that. I hope Aqua and Ruby will show her more appreciation and love for what she's done for them all this time. Show her your true faces, that's all she wants to see. That, and them being okay.
Jul 20, 2023 7:37 AM

Jan 2019
Bro this manga is picking up again I'm in for the ride till the end let's goooo
Jul 20, 2023 9:16 AM
Jul 2016
This is hilarious. They're never gonna address the proposal, and now Ruby's just gonna cling to Aqua lmaooooo
Jul 20, 2023 10:44 AM
Mar 2022
sooo exciteddddd, ruby has changed and Itchigo is back, happpppyyyyyy!!!!1
Jul 20, 2023 5:45 PM

Jul 2015
People thinking the Aqua x Ruby thing will go away haven't been paying attention. That being said, I'll be here to laugh when Aka actually pulls it off, the madman. I'm rooting for it personally, I find it quite soul warming. Kana can keep getting angry. Considering her scandal triggered the events leading to the twins rift, she really has no room to speak on this matter. And her jealousy is disgusting.

Ichigo's face at the end was priceless. Pure "honey, I got the milk" material.
Jul 20, 2023 5:48 PM

Jan 2021
yes yes all that shittiness from aqua to ruby ended up making her clingy to him just because they now know each other's pre life.
incest or not at least develop to regain the trust or relation without pulling this convenient card, it's literally something you'd see in some doujinshi.
Jul 20, 2023 8:30 PM

May 2019
In the final panel of page 6, where is this man looking??
Jul 20, 2023 10:51 PM
Jun 2021
Alpha-Nine said:
I'm just going to leave this here for those who want a colored version of that panel...

(source)

But I feel bad for Kana though in this chapter. Her reaction is so appropriate.

HES READING YOSUGA NO SORA LMAOOOOOOO
(Yosugae no Sora is a twin incest series)
Jul 20, 2023 10:53 PM
Jun 2021
marquinti2 said:
Pityfool said:

Yeah I don't know about whether they've actually done it yet, or if this is just Ruby being extremely forward in motions and language (for obvious reasons).

They very well could have put off a more serious relationship until the movie wraps on filming; Aqua still has those black stars, so I imagine he's still set on his revenge plot.

Definitely! Those black stars ain't going away until
😂

Also, I saw some leaked
manga panels on Twitter.

I couldn't tell whether those were legitimate, but they looked like Mengo Yokoyari's artwork regardless. Those leaked manga panels didn't made it anyway to the leaked Chapter 124 Korean raws that were released today.

So, I am guessing the creators retracted or withdrew those spicy manga panels and submitted a revised chapter instead. Who knows? 🤷 That'd explain the couple of days timeskip between Chapters 123 and 124.

could you send those "leaked" chapters. I'm very curious
Jul 20, 2023 11:01 PM
Jun 2021
Ruby is so beautifully drawn in these panels
Jul 21, 2023 4:06 AM
Mar 2021
not gonna lie i laughed out loud when i saw ruby on aquas lap cuz i thought it was hilarious what the author was doing 😂
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, please keep the discussion civil and stay on topic.
Jul 21, 2023 6:57 AM

Oct 2021
No1_LoliLover said:
marquinti2 said:

Definitely! Those black stars ain't going away until
😂

Also, I saw some leaked
manga panels on Twitter.

I couldn't tell whether those were legitimate, but they looked like Mengo Yokoyari's artwork regardless. Those leaked manga panels didn't made it anyway to the leaked Chapter 124 Korean raws that were released today.

So, I am guessing the creators retracted or withdrew those spicy manga panels and submitted a revised chapter instead. Who knows? 🤷 That'd explain the couple of days timeskip between Chapters 123 and 124.

could you send those "leaked" chapters. I'm very curious
I stand corrected.

@Pityfool corrected me saying:

Just got confirmation on it being fake/edited from that Twitter thread you sent. Isshou Suki tte Yutta Jan is a seven-part series from Mengo Yokoyari that ended in early 2020, which explains the art (disregard my opinion saying that it's not Mengo Yokoyari's art).

The exact scene is about halfway through Chapter 3; Aqua is just photoshopped over the lower panel with the right edge cropped out.

The other is from a faked Twitter leaker called emx. He or she is a fake leaker because their manga panels are white-washed/white-out. It's so bad that it's not even the real thing.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 21, 2023 9:36 PM
May 2023
amazing tho there r some sus comments
Jul 21, 2023 11:21 PM
Jan 2018
nawfle said:

You could definitely tell how much effort Yokoyari put in on that last frame of 123... lol.

I almost prefer grayscale to fully colored though.
Jul 22, 2023 9:09 AM

Jun 2021
love the siblings 
miyako mommi ran into prez
hope ichigo prez coming back in few chapters
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jul 22, 2023 12:05 PM
Jun 2021
Pityfool said:
nawfle said:

You could definitely tell how much effort Yokoyari put in on that last frame of 123... lol.

I almost prefer grayscale to fully colored though.
same here! grayscale for this manga fits very well
Jul 22, 2023 9:29 PM
Jun 2021
Yosuga no sora???
Jul 23, 2023 6:23 AM
Jul 2023
mfan001 said:
I really thought last chapter was just incestbait to troll the fans this chapter with the whole “you really think it’s gonna happen” like that IshiMiko convo about peeping. But no this is actually played straight and people are unironicly rooting for incest. What the actual fuck is wrong with people. Especially the Japanese fans who were obsessed with this happening since the beginning.

If this isn’t subverted by the end of the arc I’ll just be waiting for Aka’s next manga.
1. Aqua lusted for Ai while breastfeeding, Oshi no Ko has ALWAYS been incestuous
2. Japan has literal legend about lovers reincarnating as twins
3. Aka had shot down Japanese legend allegory once, in Kaguya-sama (Kaguya did not end up with Mikado, after all)

As an urironic fan of Incest, I'd say calm down since Ruby's feelings unlikely to be reciprocated. I'm honestly more pissed about "Aqua" and his quest for revenge. It's getting dragged on and on, especially when Goro behave like an actual parasite (part of REAL Aqua wanted to settle down in peace, remember?)
Jul 23, 2023 10:39 AM

Jun 2023
ZeroXSEED said:
mfan001 said:

>As an urironic fan of Incest
I see now, this manga has now been overtaken as a fetish manga while still being mainstream, no wonder the manga sells jumped so much after the anime. You are correct this manga has always been incesetous, and I've just been overlooking that aspect for far too long. It's time for me to dip.

My memories are hazy but I don't recall anything of this nature in Kaguya, espeically when Kei is so overly sexualized. Remind me to never touch Mengo's work ever. 
Jul 23, 2023 1:40 PM

Sep 2015
"Fetch me some juice"
"I want to drink your juice"

I've read 2 different translations of that panel... which is the correct one?
Jul 23, 2023 6:54 PM
Mar 2015
Things have gotten dangerous for Ruby
Jul 23, 2023 8:47 PM
Jul 2023
mfan001 said:
I see now, this manga has now been overtaken as a fetish manga while still being mainstream, no wonder the manga sells jumped so much after the anime. You are correct this manga has always been incesetous, and I've just been overlooking that aspect for far too long. It's time for me to dip.

My memories are hazy but I don't recall anything of this nature in Kaguya, espeically when Kei is so overly sexualized. Remind me to never touch Mengo's work ever. 
1. Fetish going mainstream has been plaguing the manga world for a while, look at how many big titles has NTR elements in them, and I hate NTR with every fiber of my being (did people just forgot about whole Kana casting couch arc?)
2. Incest has been mainstream for much longer. Oreimo was hardly the first, just the most well known in English sphere.
3. In the legend of Princess Kaguya, Mikado (Emperor of Japan) was supposed to be winner of the fiancee challenge. Aka teased this in the last arc of the manga with Mikado Shijo (Brother of Maki Shijo) asking to be engaged with her as a form of truce (due to two families feuding), but he knows her heart is for someone else. And he did in fact lose.

Aka teasing Incest only to shoot it down is perfectly predictable. What's not predictable would be incest ship winning. Again, even I expect this debacle to be brushed off soon. I'd be surprised if the opposite is true.
Jul 24, 2023 4:16 AM
Feb 2023
God this fanbase really does need some cleaning
Jul 28, 2023 10:17 AM
Jan 2022
Why did they ruin oshi no ko with incest
Jul 31, 2023 8:39 AM

May 2021
I take a 1-month break for exams and the first thing I read upon coming back is Ruby asking Aqua to give her his juice. WTF.

Miyako deserves way better btw.

Aug 23, 2023 1:03 PM
Oct 2019
WHYYYYYYY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT WENT THROUGH THE CREATORS HEAD WHEN MAKING THIS HORRENDOUS CHAPTER IT HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL BUT THEN HE RUINED IT.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 51 Discussion

Clas1ck - Jul 28, 2021

27 by Salty_Cookie »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 146 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 8

39 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 145 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 1

27 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 144 Discussion

ARK-13 - Mar 15

30 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 143 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ARK-13 - Mar 6

180 by Tamer2002 »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.