Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 11:38 AM
Sep 2020
Well I have a lot of thoughts. Last 3 episodes in particular were rushed to me. I'm happy with the ending and where everyone ended up. It doesn't hamper my enjoyment as much as something like Darling in the Franxx. 

8/10
I really wanted to give it a 9/10 but the last three episodes made it abundantly clear I can't justify that. 
Jul 2, 2023 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
juliayousoro said:
non-watcher but happy marriage!!
I didn't think anyone could express a more superficial attitude to the show than the people who watched it just for the sake of yuri, but you managed to get around them.
Jul 2, 2023 11:40 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
Joey-XD19202 said:

Being too smug. I just hate it when they just sat around and everything went their way. They're responsible for the "original" Elan being killed, and I "biasedly" found them guilty of being TOO smug.
Well, Suletta's mother and Miorine's father are also guilty of military and political crimes, perhaps even more. But both of them not only walk away from any responsibility, but even actually receive a complete forgiveness as the "kazoku" of the protagonists. Which creates a number of rather problematic implications, especially considering that both girls ended up together in the last place thanks to them.

PaninaManina said:

Beyond dyslexic I'm also blind!
Rewatched part of the episode and noticed the rings.
But still I wished more.

Why have to be in this subdued way?
People speculate that this was an attempt to sell the show to China and other countries with homophobic censorship, as well as not to piss off too much those who already complained about the departure from the formula.

IluVG-Dam said:
i mean, look at the luke warm Yuri, i think they were hoping to pass it off as "BFFS" with language barriers stopping any TL changes (or censorship) from becoming clear., but alot of indonesians are multi lingual, so are Malaysians

Ibo did well and alot of indonesians like mika (he has a harem after all)

also i think they were hoping the US market would make up sales/ pick up the slack. once it is clear they wont (BC AGAIN Western shippers and tourists are usually broke), they went back to thier old market.

of men.

and again Gundam is known as a primarily boy franchise, having a girl protag in the first place would be a huge turn off for young new boy fans of any nationality. 

though honestly it is not the first time bandai made poor (questionable) financial decisions.
So Bandai really overestimated the girls' interest in the franchise and didn't realize that they really wanted boys? If that's the case then it's really funny because last month I got attacked by a guy who questioned what I said about Bandai's controversial decisions, saying that "they sell a lot of gunpla, so any decisions in G-Witch are good, because what money brings. It turns out I was really right?
i would like to remind you this is speculation, but yes very likely 

but i will need to do more digging to confirm 
Jul 2, 2023 11:46 AM
Jun 2023
juliayousoro said:
RobertBobert said:
I didn't think anyone could express a more superficial attitude to the show than the people who watched it just for the sake of yuri, but you managed to get around them.
im just happy for the representation???
there is better representation, just not this series 

a true yuri conesuir would be blueballed, and here most people are coming all over the slightest bit of soft core representation
Jul 2, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2021
IluVG-Dam said:
juliayousoro said:

a true yuri conesuir would be blueballed, and here most people are coming all over the slightest bit of soft core representation
any recs? also honestly i have wanted to watch gundam for a bit i do really like the cool designs, and i really like love live which is also done by sunrise. where would be the best for me to start at?
also honestly i just think its cool that theres any representation in something this popular like gundam
Jul 2, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
Joey-XD19202 said:

Being too smug. I just hate it when they just sat around and everything went their way. They're responsible for the "original" Elan being killed, and I "biasedly" found them guilty of being TOO smug.
Well, Suletta's mother and Miorine's father are also guilty of military and political crimes, perhaps even more. But both of them not only walk away from any responsibility, but even actually receive a complete forgiveness as the "kazoku" of the protagonists. Which creates a number of rather problematic implications, especially considering that both girls ended up together in the last place thanks to them.

Yeah, you're right about that, I'm not gonna lie. But unlike them, I found the mother and father less unlikeable. On that note, you just reminded me of something. I think Nika should have also been somewhat punished for treason and her involvement in the Planet Q incident and the second attack. Without her aid, things wouldn't have turned that bad. Yeah, I get your point, now.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 2, 2023 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
juliayousoro said:
RobertBobert said:
In a show that doesn't allow queer characters to be honest and open about their feelings while straight characters have no problem expressing romantic affection? On a show that portrays female same-sex attraction as a platonic friendship even when the characters are married? A show that uses a lot of loopholes to make characters artificially together instead of writing well about their attraction to each other? Certainly a great representation. You don't really care about the show just fetishizing the gay element in it.
Jul 2, 2023 11:54 AM

Aug 2021
RobertBobert said:
juliayousoro said:
In a show that doesn't allow queer characters to be honest and open about their feelings while straight characters have no problem expressing romantic affection? On a show that portrays female same-sex attraction as a platonic friendship even when the characters are married? A show that uses a lot of loopholes to make characters artificially together instead of writing well about their attraction to each other? Certainly a great representation. You don't really care about the show just fetishizing the gay element in it.
god okay then i'll delete it :sob: can you just leave me alone
juliayousoroJul 2, 2023 12:00 PM
Jul 2, 2023 11:56 AM
Jun 2023
juliayousoro said:
IluVG-Dam said:

any recs? also honestly i have wanted to watch gundam for a bit i do really like the cool designs, and i really like love live which is also done by sunrise
looking up to magical girls 

explicit yuri, clear and in your face pairing, and lots of sexual comedy
madoka for pervs.

toku inspired yuri
very wholesome

i rec one about a exorcist and a female ghost but i forgot the name  
Jul 2, 2023 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
juliayousoro said:
IluVG-Dam said:

any recs? also honestly i have wanted to watch gundam for a bit i do really like the cool designs, and i really like love live which is also done by sunrise. where would be the best for me to start at?
also honestly i just think its cool that theres any representation in something this popular like gundam
juliayousoro said:
IluVG-Dam said:

The way lesbian relationships are presented on this show really only harms it and the rumor has even affected sales. Moreover, this is nothing new, this is literally the second Gundam in a row with a lesbian marriage and gay characters.
Joey-XD19202 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah, you're right about that, I'm not gonna lie. But unlike them, I found the mother and father less unlikeable. On that note, you just reminded me of something. I think Nika should have also been somewhat punished for treason and her involvement in the Planet Q incident and the second attack. Without her aid, things wouldn't have turned that bad. Yeah, I get your point, now.
In fact, if you think about it, Nika gets more punishment in this show for a small offense than real criminals.
@IluVG-Dam It's just that if you're right, I think it will be very painful, because it turns out that Bandai just at some point got rid of the result of the efforts of many people and forgot about her ambitions after it turned out not to be as financially profitable as they thought.
Jul 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
IluVG-Dam said:
juliayousoro said:
any recs? also honestly i have wanted to watch gundam for a bit i do really like the cool designs, and i really like love live which is also done by sunrise

madoka for pervs.

toku inspired yuri
very wholesome

omg the second one seems really cute :o ty!! ive really wanted to watch a toku seroes for a bit but its hard to get into..ive heard a lot of good stuff about them
Jul 2, 2023 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
juliayousoro said:
RobertBobert said:
god okay then i'll delete it :sob: can you just leave me alone
I just don't like it when people fetishize queer characters while trying to sound queer friendly. You don't really care about the show and characters, you just want a "tick" of the representation.
Jul 2, 2023 12:06 PM
Jun 2019
  said:
Joey-XD19202 said:

In fact, if you think about it, Nika gets more punishment in this show for a small offense than real criminals.
@IluVG-Dam It's just that if you're right, I think it will be very painful, because it turns out that Bandai just at some point got rid of the result of the efforts of many people and forgot about her ambitions after it turned out not to be as financially profitable as they thought.

Yeah, I almost forgot about that. She was literally beaten up by that Norea girl when they were locked up, but the guilt afterward. From memory (which I don't trust much) don't think we even saw Delling or Prospera feeling guilty for what they did.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Jan 2020
I must admit, it’s funny how in the last Gundam they killed the main male mc and it led to a yuri marriage. In this one they didn’t kill the female mc and it also led to a yuri marriage. Gundam wants to appease the yuri/female character fans it seems. I wonder when we’ll get a happy ending for a male mc in the Gundam series
Jul 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Jan 2021
Wow, they really went and tried to push for a yuri couple at the start, and the ending is no less ambiguous than that of Korra? That's honestly sad even as someone who didn't like Gundam being flooded by people who only care about shipping.
Jul 2, 2023 12:09 PM
Jul 2016
Disappointing ending for a disappointing attempt at making a gundam anime. In the end it's neither a good anime nor a good gundam. The story is poor and full of inconsistencies and makes no sens most of the time.

We went from a slow paced season 1 to a full speed rushed season 2 with too many plotlines it could handle. Copy/pasting previous okouchi's work and gundam into the series couldn't even manage to raise the bar and instead it dig the hole deeper. They clearly didn't understood the ref they were using and lost sight of what they were doing.

It's really sad because with the prologue and the ideas brought to the table my hopes for Suletta's and her friends story were really really high. I also feel bad for all the mecha and chara designer who brought us amazing work which were barely used for the most part...

Sadly once it's done it's done and I will not keep a good memory of this "adventure" and whatever it tried to do.

Let's focus on the next gundam project and hope the future main story will be at a higher level (and seriously 7 years of waiting for such a result ? such a sad day ...)
Jul 2, 2023 12:11 PM
Jun 2023
juliayousoro said:
IluVG-Dam said:

madoka for pervs.

toku inspired yuri
very wholesome

omg the second one seems really cute :o ty!! ive really wanted to watch a toku seroes for a bit but its hard to get into..ive heard a lot of good stuff about them
it's a manga, to to your fav scantilation site and see if they host it 
Jul 2, 2023 12:19 PM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
juliayousoro said:
juliayousoro said:
The way lesbian relationships are presented on this show really only harms it and the rumor has even affected sales. Moreover, this is nothing new, this is literally the second Gundam in a row with a lesbian marriage and gay characters.
Joey-XD19202 said:

personally i dont care, Bc i had to deal with the shippers, i got death threats thxs to them.

also my inner sadist wants some form of justice, and if the shippers dont suffer, the production staff is OK 

not advocating for any violance. again nothing personal, just mad , you don't see me sending deaththreats to anyone. 
ive move past that, shippers can have this shizbox, i stick to UC

it does however soothe my anger and spite
Jul 2, 2023 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
That was.... something else. Like...wow. Gonna be honest, sure it may not have been the dark endings that Gundam tends to take but...this felt so hollow. Also, somehow this series managed to keep the entire cast of side characters and minor characters more interesting than the MC herself. And the ship managed to sail at the end even if it wasn't explicitly shown. It's an 8 overall because of the side character arcs, environmental conflicts, and music. But this part alone is a 7.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 2, 2023 12:24 PM

Mar 2019
I personally quite liked the ending, I for one don't think it was subtle at all. While Miorinne and Suletta did not kiss, there was not a single kiss in the entire show either. Do they literally need to yell that the characters are in love, for the audience to get it. They got married, the entire show was about them getting married. Do they need to kiss? Did the main protagonist cry because of Elan, yes, that must automatically mean that Suletta loved him. The same thing happened in Utena, bisexuality is a thing? Oh no People can experience multiple loves? while not decreasing the worth of any of them? 

The protagonists showed a lot of affection aside from kissing, they hugged, they intimately held hands, they fought. The Ending visuals basically showed their marriage. Suletta and Miorinne, had a more explicit romance than Heero Yui and Relena Darlian; than Setsuna F Seiei and Marina Ismail. If the latter had a romance in the first place. 

Guel magically survives at least 3 different death scenes, but the main characters abilities are supposedly convoluted. Permet allows the protagonists to easily pilot the mobile suits in the first place so none of their piloting abilities mean anything in the first place, it's like: who's playing a fighting game the best with modern controls, which is still at the end of the day impressive. But of course Guel is the most popular character, even though his character spins in circles, and he doesn't accomplish any real growth, as the capacity to change was always within him as showcased by the flashback, you could say he regressed. Guel was in love with Suletta because of 2 lines of dialogue so any reasonable person would have doubted his odds, Shaddiq was in love with an image, Suletta and Elan were the same.The frontiers were being held together by fiber glass. 

The big wigs receive no consequences for their actions, because Shaddiq took the responsibility for the entire event. The old guys win again, as usual for all Gundam series and real life. The young look on toward the future with shiny eyes. It was a very post Turn A, G reco Tomino Gundam ending, which I'm personally a fan of.

Sure the politics are somewhat shallow the problems are solved swiftly by the company dissolving and the money going to the rebuilding of earth, solving the main conflict of the show. while even this merely slows down the inevitable. But then again all of the worlds problems can't be solved by teenagers, *Cough* heres looking at you Gundam Seed. 

How was it subtle in anyway, I mean the Gundam literally turned into rainbows, the title was colored in rainbows and the main characters are clearly married. I was right, I win, I always have to win! Snide sucker punches aside I enjoyed it. Everything ends on sunshines and rainbows for me. To me personally Gundam has always been about love, the robots were cool. The series could've been longer, but I'm content. I would welcome a movie sequel.
Jul 2, 2023 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
Animillion said:
I must admit, it’s funny how in the last Gundam they killed the main male mc and it led to a yuri marriage. In this one they didn’t kill the female mc and it also led to a yuri marriage. Gundam wants to appease the yuri/female character fans it seems. I wonder when we’ll get a happy ending for a male mc in the Gundam series
They re-did it anyway, if the rumors that the show's creators consider Elan to be Suletta's first love are true. But yes, this is indeed literally the second Gundam in a row with a lesbian wedding at the end.  I could joke that it seems the Sunrise themselves don't realize that their franchise attracts fujoshi, not yuri fans, but we both know full well that they are not suicidal and would never make a male gay protagonist on the show.
@IluVG-Dam I understand you. The shippers have devalued yuri in this show in my eyes even more so than in Licorice, as they seem to deliberately try to make you form a toxic association with it. Therefore, I feel sorry for Suletta's VA and how she personally took her character.
RobertBobertJul 2, 2023 12:33 PM
Jul 2, 2023 12:29 PM
Dec 2012
lengend said:
Disappointing ending for a disappointing attempt at making a gundam anime. In the end it's neither a good anime nor a good gundam. The story is poor and full of inconsistencies and makes no sens most of the time.

We went from a slow paced season 1 to a full speed rushed season 2 with too many plotlines it could handle. Copy/pasting previous okouchi's work and gundam into the series couldn't even manage to raise the bar and instead it dig the hole deeper. They clearly didn't understood the ref they were using and lost sight of what they were doing.

It's really sad because with the prologue and the ideas brought to the table my hopes for Suletta's and her friends story were really really high. I also feel bad for all the mecha and chara designer who brought us amazing work which were barely used for the most part...

Sadly once it's done it's done and I will not keep a good memory of this "adventure" and whatever it tried to do.

Let's focus on the next gundam project and hope the future main story will be at a higher level (and seriously 7 years of waiting for such a result ? such a sad day ...)
Sums up most of my thoughts.

Woof. I was completely fine with S1 being a slow burn with a different direction but I ran out of hopium for S2 halfway through. Huge disappointment. Not Reconguista levels of bad but it still hurts that it could've been great if the story was allowed to stretch out for longer.

Jul 2, 2023 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
mtgowns said:
lengend said:

Woof. I was completely fine with S1 being a slow burn with a different direction but I ran out of hopium for S2 halfway through. Huge disappointment. Not Reconguista levels of bad but it still hurts that it could've been great if the story was allowed to stretch out for longer.

The saddest thing is that in the end you let yourself get too involved in it and you can no longer rejoice at the failure of things that you initially criticized, nor normally regret the failure of things that at least partially began to please you.
Jul 2, 2023 1:05 PM
Sep 2021
Pretty much my only problem was that we’re not getting more of G-Witch. I feel like there’s still a lot of story that could be wrung out of this universe.
Jul 2, 2023 1:26 PM

Jan 2020
IluVG-Dam said:
RobertBobert said:
personally i dont care, Bc i had to deal with the shippers, i got death threats thxs to them.

also my inner sadist wants some form of justice, and if the shippers dont suffer, the production staff is OK 

not advocating for any violance. again nothing personal, just mad , you don't see me sending deaththreats to anyone. 

Sorry to hear that the worst fans of all, aka toxic yuri shippers, got to you like that. The thing is, if you criticize anything about a series that has a bit of yuri in it, people assume you’re homophobic. Just like how some people aren’t a fan of straight romance series, many people aren’t a fan of yuri, but that doesn’t mean they hate the LGBTQ community irl. I don’t get why it’s so tough for them to understand.

Anyway, I think Gundam just doesn’t know how to handle romantic ships well in general, at least as of recent. IBO proved as much imo
Jul 2, 2023 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
Animillion said:
IluVG-Dam said:

Sorry to hear that the worst fans of all, aka toxic yuri shippers, got to you like that. The thing is, if you criticize anything about a series that has a bit of yuri in it, people assume you’re homophobic. Just like how some people aren’t a fan of straight romance series, many people aren’t a fan of yuri, but that doesn’t mean they hate the LGBTQ community irl. I don’t get why it’s so tough for them to understand.

Anyway, I think Gundam just doesn’t know how to handle romantic ships well in general, at least as of recent. IBO proved as much imo
What's nastiest is that these same people are literally considered insults if you assume they're heterophobic for criticizing a straight show. Not that some of them didn't directly flaunt it, though. As for G-Witch, a couple of weeks ago, yuri shippers literally joked about killing straight people in honor of pride month, yes.
Jul 2, 2023 1:49 PM
Mar 2023
This had some cool Gundams, too bad they weren't in a better show. Also this is barely lip service of "representation". Have some pride in yourselves, want/expect better from Sunrise and anime I'm general
Jul 2, 2023 2:06 PM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
Animillion said:

What's nastiest is that these same people are literally considered insults if you assume they're heterophobic for criticizing a straight show. Not that some of them didn't directly flaunt it, though. As for G-Witch, a couple of weeks ago, yuri shippers literally joked about killing straight people in honor of pride month, yes.

Wow. I didn’t know about that but that doesn’t surprise me.
Jul 2, 2023 2:24 PM
Jan 2018
Look. This show can't get a happy ending if that bastard Delling doesn't even die. He murdered all of those innocent people and their force ghosts had nothing to say about. Even Prospera didn't have anything to say about it in the end. Or Suletta either for that matter. In a way, his getting off scott free is a worse off ending than IBO.

All that being said, Bravo for Sunrise actually letting Suletta and Miorine be together AND married. Tho I do believe Tomino was right when he said most mecha anime won't let humans behave like humans. Which is even wilder when you consider a paraplegic found a way to have sex and make a baby in the last Gundam show. But I guess anime's gotta anime at the end of the day.

BTW that cop out on Eri surviving really messes up the story. It basically retcons everything Prospera did for all this time if her daughter still gets to survive without needing a Gundam.

I give the whole series a 7 out of 10. The first season was slightly stronger as it had a better ending, but this season had some excellent storytelling on occasion as well. It's a shame just like Gundam AGE, this show was too ambitious for its own good. G Witch managed to fail the same way as AGE in half the episodes.

Okuchi, all of us are watching you. The Code Geass sequel movie was kinda mid and this anime wasn't Code Geass level either. Don't screw up season 3 of Code Geass.
Jul 2, 2023 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
Upsetting that they chose a rushed non-ending like that. Just magically resolve everything instantly.

This series had so much potential, and they just threw it away.
Jul 2, 2023 2:45 PM

Feb 2010
40 to 50 episodes like other Gundam series would've been better for this story, the conflicts are rushed through too fast leaving you no time to sit with what just happened.
Jul 2, 2023 3:01 PM
Jan 2012
RobertBobert said:
It could have been a great spin-off given the show's end content and focus, but trying to make it into a fully-fledged TV Gundam anime just buried it under unrealistic ambition and excessive expectations. Because I just feel like a victim of false hopes and wasted time when the show literally tossed all of its serious (and claimed main themes) in favor of Polichenel's yuri secret, literally imbuing the ending with shonen-ish power of friendship and the god out of the machine. Not surprised it really impresses new fans and zoomers as an attraction, but it's just a big budget version of those random mechas that Sunrise did in between full Gundam shows in the past.
SenSnowy said:
Insane episode. I can’t Imagine how the writers felt. The music. Amaaazing.

Haha, I'm not even surprised to see such reviews here. Again, I still think it was the high expectations and the over-absorption that killed the show, and then the writing.

More like the writing, the ideas aren't BAD by themselves, but i don't know if it's Okouchi completely missing his scripts and the series composition or the production commitee pushing for a 2-cour series instead of 4, but the result is that the pacing is completely over the place, way too slow in season 1 and way too quick here, so many many stuff are either really nebulous, not being explained at all, or straight-up deus ex machina.
The only thing the series spent actual proper time on was the Elan arc on S1, and that's pretty much it, everything else is pretty much a failure with little to no pay-off at the end.
Even Miorine and Suletta's relationships, they seem more like best friends than lovers, because the series never spent any time on anything remotely important.

It's even more blatantly obvious with the last episode's script with so many things compressed that the whole thing straight-up stops making any sense.

I still hate ZZ Gundam way more than this one, but holy shit it wasn't good. Pretty much saved by the absolutely gorgeous production values, and Suletta and Guel, pretty sympathetic characters.

Overstuffed series, Okouchi should have seen things in a smaller scale to do things correctly.
This or Gundam really should go back to a 4-cour format.

Jul 2, 2023 3:03 PM
Feb 2019
For the return of the Gundam series it was ok I honestly expected a lot more from this series with a female protagonist (Suletta) unfortunately it did not correspond to expectations, poorly developed characters maybe the only two characters that had development were Guel and Miorine and the only rest is very weak, antagonist of this series well weak, duels and weddings totally forgettable... I sincerely hope that the next Gundam series (I believe it should be announced this year that should be released next year) will return with a male protagonist to be inspired by the series that were more successful like Gundam 00, Gundam 79, Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096, Seed and IBO and my final rating for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury 7.80 different from here being shown 8.17 (this series is not worth that rating).
Jul 2, 2023 3:05 PM

May 2016
this was a fun season but i had no idea what was going on this episode and it's the final one 💀

i feel like the pacing of this season is the consequence of last season being an entirely different genre where nothing really happened

kinda weird how platonic suletta and miorine's relationship appears, gundam never shied away from romance before
-Blue_Bird-Jul 2, 2023 3:08 PM
Jul 2, 2023 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
Zccdcccc said:
RobertBobert said:
It could have been a great spin-off given the show's end content and focus, but trying to make it into a fully-fledged TV Gundam anime just buried it under unrealistic ambition and excessive expectations. Because I just feel like a victim of false hopes and wasted time when the show literally tossed all of its serious (and claimed main themes) in favor of Polichenel's yuri secret, literally imbuing the ending with shonen-ish power of friendship and the god out of the machine. Not surprised it really impresses new fans and zoomers as an attraction, but it's just a big budget version of those random mechas that Sunrise did in between full Gundam shows in the past.

Haha, I'm not even surprised to see such reviews here. Again, I still think it was the high expectations and the over-absorption that killed the show, and then the writing.

More like the writing, the ideas aren't BAD by themselves, but i don't know if it's Okouchi completely missing his scripts and the series composition or the production commitee pushing for a 2-cour series instead of 4, but the result is that the pacing is completely over the place, way too slow in season 1 and way too quick here, so many many stuff are either really nebulous, not being explained at all, or straight-up deus ex machina.
The only thing the series spent actual proper time on was the Elan arc on S1, and that's pretty much it, everything else is pretty much a failure with little to no pay-off at the end.
Even Miorine and Suletta's relationships, they seem more like best friends than lovers, because the series never spent any time on anything remotely important.

It's even more blatantly obvious with the last episode's script with so many things compressed that the whole thing straight-up stops making any sense.

I still hate ZZ Gundam way more than this one, but holy shit it wasn't good. Pretty much saved by the absolutely gorgeous production values, and Suletta and Guel, pretty sympathetic characters.

Overstuffed series, Okouchi should have seen things in a smaller scale to do things correctly.

Well, aside from the speculation discussed earlier that they were forced to finish things in a hurry in order to get rid of the show quickly due to some kind of sales or promotion issues, I think Ichiro just once again took too much care of the aesthetics. , inspiration and bait people for feedback than about the plot itself. For example, in 24 episodes, there were at least 3-4 times where the characters were interrupted by a cliffhanger during seemingly pivotal romantic scenes and then barely recalled it until new plot-critical scenes. I mean, he clearly made sure to create intrigue with the cliffhanger, but didn't make sure it developed beyond that.
Jul 2, 2023 3:12 PM
Feb 2017
The witches assemble to cast one final spell and the curse is lifted. No more Gundams, and what begin as a tragedy ends with a family reunited and a real definitive ending.
This was how it was always meant to be and I'm happy it dared to go where few Gundam stories dared to go.
Jul 2, 2023 3:16 PM
Oct 2020
The ending was a lot happier than I expect so that was a pleasant surprise.
Jul 2, 2023 3:19 PM
Jan 2012
RobertBobert said:
Zccdcccc said:

Well, aside from the speculation discussed earlier that they were forced to finish things in a hurry in order to get rid of the show quickly due to some kind of sales or promotion issues, I think Ichiro just once again took too much care of the aesthetics. , inspiration and bait people for feedback than about the plot itself. For example, in 24 episodes, there were at least 3-4 times where the characters were interrupted by a cliffhanger during seemingly pivotal romantic scenes and then barely recalled it until new plot-critical scenes. I mean, he clearly made sure to create intrigue with the cliffhanger, but didn't make sure it developed beyond that.

You're probably right.
Hell, i would even have been satisfied with the mommy losing in episode 23 (despite being beaten way too easily) and having the entire episode 24 focused on the episode, and SuleMio's relationship.
But nah, Okouchi couldn't help it but put a stupid cliffangher resolved in 10 minutes with a stupid deus ex machina.
"Oooh, i see dead people because quiet zero", nah screw you

It's almost frustrating how much this series really missed every opportunity it had to actually develop something interesting. 

Jul 2, 2023 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Zccdcccc said:
RobertBobert said:

You're probably right.
Hell, i would even have been satisfied with the mommy losing in episode 23 (despite being beaten way too easily) and having the entire episode 24 focused on the episode, and SuleMio's relationship.
But nah, Okouchi couldn't help it but put a stupid cliffangher resolved in 10 minutes with a stupid deus ex machina.
"Oooh, i see dead people because quiet zero", nah screw you

It's almost frustrating how much this series really missed every opportunity it had to actually develop something interesting. 

It just annoys me that if this show didn't have yuri and it wasn't part of a huge brand, then the show would just be crushed much faster and stronger in the blink of an eye.
Jul 2, 2023 3:24 PM

May 2010
Kiryu-chan said:
Married where did you see this? they are just friends, Miorine and Guel are still married even in this and last episode this was shown
This post made me laugh so much, thank you
Jul 2, 2023 3:45 PM
Feb 2019
Aika said:
Kiryu-chan said:
Married where did you see this? they are just friends, Miorine and Guel are still married even in this and last episode this was shown
This post made me laugh so much, thank you
Your comment is also as funny as you thanks for brightening the forum rsrs
Jul 2, 2023 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
Satisfying conclusion but

Man some people are edgy af. 

Clearly never seen turn A or G gundam if you thought it was going to have a dark ending while pulling a lot from thoose two. Also only UC stuff is know for its dark bleak endings not really the others. Smh

Also I fk called it with the brains being uploaded into the data storm.

And love the symmetry with minor rescuing sulleta from space like with the first episode.
GrimAtramentJul 2, 2023 4:08 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 2, 2023 4:04 PM

Sep 2014
Wow Im impressed they found a way to make this rushed shit even lamer by having Elan become Rei from NGE.

Miorine just dissolves the group because thats apparently a thing she can randomly do, including selling company assets she doesnt even own, not that anyone really cares with 10 minutes left.

Speaking of dissolved things after the Elan Rei thing I should have expected more but really fading away like after a Thanos snap? Laaaaaaame.
Wtf even is permit, was that ever explained?

Quiet Zero is gone so mission accomplished world peace is here and that massive space laser is just a smoothie.

And a drawn out epilogue? Wow you can not tell me this show wasnt cut short during developement.

Easily the worst thing about this show, ignoring everything else because it was clearly rushed to death, is that the main ship Miorine x Suletta was lame as fuck and had no chemistry.
The only ship which actually had any spice in it was Elan and Norea and that lasted for half a second maybe.
How is petra even still alive??

I really tried to like this show but this was just a mess. The huge "episode 24" at the end really adds insult to injury because the show did have enough time it just didnt use it at all.

I truly hope this is not the future of gundam because somehow this is rated above 8 and the Gunplas sell out faster than chips during crypto mining even though the show was just half length, there is like 1 gundam and it looks like a baby.

The wasted potential in this was massive considering the amazing epilogue.

I will probably stay salty for a while. Rant over.
6/10 music was good, animation decent and I guess atleast they didnt try to go for shock value by killing random characters at the end which is.. good?
Comander-07Jul 2, 2023 4:09 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 2, 2023 4:06 PM

Mar 2020
This show definetly should have 50 episodes but I still like it a lot. A solid 8 for me
Jul 2, 2023 4:08 PM
Feb 2019
Finally a sensible comment and without being a fan boy congratulations on the review my friend. I sincerely hope that the next series will be much better than this one.
Jul 2, 2023 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
mtgowns said:
lengend said:

+1 I am really curious what happened during production for S1 to barely move at all only for S2 to be unbearably fast.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 2, 2023 4:15 PM

Feb 2010
Been hearing rumors for a movie either way not S tier, but defiantly A tier

Better then the shit show that was blood orphan and definitely better then seed/00. but not as good as Zeta, Char's counter attack, thunderbolt, 08th ms team, G gundam or Turn A
ZephyrSamael said:
This show definetly should have 50 episodes but I still like it a lot. A solid 8 for me

aye, but man some people really wanted a bad ending in this comment section like you'd think they liked victory gundam or something with how edgy they are XD

also broomstick gun was awesome.

LS_11 said:
Hmmm okay that's rare to see GUNDAM with Happy Ending ☺️
your thinking of UC stuff. there are quite a few gundams with good endings. it's just Universal century not know for it's happy endings.
GrimAtramentJul 2, 2023 4:20 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 2, 2023 4:44 PM

Apr 2012
Comander-07 said:
mtgowns said:

+1 I am really curious what happened during production for S1 to barely move at all only for S2 to be unbearably fast.
They originally announced two seasons, but I was interested in rumors of some sort of sales issues after the first season, due to which they were supposedly forced to speed things up in order to finish them faster. Or alternatively, they initially tried in such a clumsy way to create a difference in the two styles.
Jul 2, 2023 4:57 PM

Nov 2021
The ending does feel a little jarring in tone compared to the rest of the season which seemed to be pretty dark. I think they ended it as satisfyingly as possible because it looks like this show unfortunately isn't getting the 50 episode treatment. Would have liked to see a kiss too but oh well.

I still enjoyed this show so much, the first Gundam I ever watched and each episode was so exciting. I really loved the characters too. I still hope there could be a sequel to this.
Jul 2, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2015
Kumiveneella said:
How was it subtle in anyway, I mean the Gundam literally turned into rainbows, the title was colored in rainbows and the main characters are clearly married.
To counter that argument - and only this one - that kind of effect has been used for psychoframes resonance ( CCA - 1988, Unicorn 2010 - 2014), the moonlight butterfly (Turn A - 1999) and Trans-Am Burst (00 s2 - 2009). It feels more like a reference to other gundam than a yuri thing.

Zccdcccc said:

[snip]

I cant agree more on Suletta and Guel being sympathetic characters that end kinda carrying the hot mess this was.

And at this point Okouchi has more trainwreck to his cv than good show. I feel like the guy only shines when paired with a good direction, that has a sense of the global story they wanted to tell, and it's obviously what this show lacked. They kept throwing spaghetti at the wall, in hope some them would stick.

GrimAtrament said:

Clearly never seen turn A or G gundam if you thought it was going to have a dark ending while pulling a lot from thoose two. Also only UC stuff is know for its dark bleak endings not really the others.

G is known to be the most atypical gundam.

And I don't know how you can think Turn-A is positive. It may not be a "kill them all ending", but
Turtles_HunterJul 2, 2023 5:06 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

92 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

127 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

157 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

95 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

97 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.