Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
It's time for The Phantom of the Opera play on Sirius's main stage, and all the world's a stage for the Dai Star potentials acting their heart out for this one moment, with the audience, parents and popular stars showing and gearing up to watch.

Through song and dance, Kokona extracts Shizuka onto the stage with her Sense, captivating the potential Dai Stars and capturing the hearts of even seasoned World Dai Stars like Hiiragi of the Sense's limitless potential. And not even for a second did Kokona forget about Shizuka, even though she lives within her, the story is made together, the two of them.

Once the play goes into full cinematic mode, it's very dramatic, yet appealing at the same time. And when all is said and done, Shizuka is on her own together, not as literate one being with Kokona, but separate, which I'm thankful for that's she's alive. Despite Kokona putting a good show, Yae got the Dai Star award, and may the two of them grow to become World Dai Stars in the future,

"Senses represent possibility, the ability to make dreams come true." Well said, President Shamo.

Similar to Idoly Pride, is tbe best way I can see this show. Same intrigue, though a bit shallow with the execution.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2023 6:48 AM
Jun 25, 2023 9:17 AM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed the final performance.

so glad that Shizuka was able to come back.

Kathrin is a bit upset, because Koko did not get awarded Dai Star. I also feel Kokona should have got the Dai Star award instead.
Jun 25, 2023 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Superb performance and very nice songs from Sirius's Phantom of the Opera.
I'm so glad that Shizuku is back.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 25, 2023 10:32 AM
Oct 2020
Liddo-kun said:

Kathrin is a bit upset, because Koko did not get awarded Dai Star. I also feel Kokona should have got the Dai Star award instead.
I agree as well, but they also explained during the performance that Yae is done playing the foil. They each attempted to one up each other during the performance (Yae's first song, Kokona's duet one-up), until the end where Yae channeled her role during her song (and grew an extra pair of angel wings).

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Bit of a niche and convenient story, but the animation and execution is top notch.
8/10

Edit: Rephrasing.
Jun 25, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
The show grew a lot in me, loved Mika Pikazo's character designs, they made me care about Shizuka, even if I don't care about theater I enjoyed the show but I was hoping for like a time skip with Kokona being a WDS and Shizuka appears again but as long as Shizuka is back I'm happy.
KanameYuukiJun 25, 2023 10:46 AM
Jun 25, 2023 10:43 AM
Jan 2023
I hope to see a season 2 this show was great and the character interactions were awesome especially the duo of panda and sassu
Jun 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Dec 2021
What a great performance there by Kokona as Phantom like she was able to portray a tragic character its just damn shame she didn't get a recognition for that acting if not being a World Dai Star that went to Yae instead.

There's some shots that reminded me of Idoly Pride so much especially at one of the final scenes with Christina's final scene with the Phantom besides the final song performed by her.

7/10 even though I wanted more World Dai Star with Kokona developing even further.
Jun 25, 2023 11:15 AM
Dec 2022
Now this was a beautiful anime. I loved it and I'm glad Shizuka came back. 8/10.❤️
Jun 25, 2023 12:08 PM
Oct 2014
the last few eps definitely bumped up the score from a 7 to a 9 especially the last episode omg the production the songs I was sobbing. shizuka is back. the one Lil theater critic forgot hername looks like she developed a sense and it looks like there was girls in the audience shown twice usually that doesn't happen unless they maybe characters in the manga? idk that's a long shot u really hope this gets a s2 absolutely outstanding
Jun 25, 2023 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Another great seasonal’s come to an end. Glad it’s over a 7 now on MAL, was definitely underrated.

Wow, Kokona’s phantom absolutely blew me away. The animation has consistently been good for the performances, but they turned it up another notch today. You could really feel the emotion in both she and Yae’s performance.

So happy Shizuka is back too! I kinda knew there was no way they’d let her character go out like that considering the gacha game is coming out, but they handled her return very well. It allowed Kokona to fully come into her own as an actress, and still fulfil their promise

Katharina came a long way from when we first met her. Sticking up for Kokona and being upset she didn’t get the Dai star was sweet. I personally agree, Kokona was def better than Yae imo, but that just gives us more growth opportunity for the gacha.

I’ll miss this show a lot.
Marinate1016Jun 25, 2023 12:22 PM
Jun 25, 2023 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
PastalNightMare said:
the last few eps definitely bumped up the score from a 7 to a 9 especially the last episode omg the production the songs I was sobbing. shizuka is back. the one Lil theater critic forgot hername looks like she developed a sense and it looks like there was girls in the audience shown twice usually that doesn't happen unless they maybe characters in the manga? idk that's a long shot u really hope this gets a s2 absolutely outstanding

Wait I thought this was anime original?
Jun 25, 2023 12:25 PM

Mar 2014
So glad that Shizuka is back at the end

Okay this show is not exactly great like I've seen better but the ending was fine
Jun 25, 2023 12:31 PM
May 2011
Can someone explain Kokona's Sense to me? It's really been bothering me for these final 2 episodes.
Jun 25, 2023 1:15 PM
Oct 2014
Marinate1016 said:
PastalNightMare said:

Wait I thought this was anime original?

u right what a idiot i am sometimes I never look I just enjoy what I'm watching and look after the series is over. but even more of a hint at a possible season two
Jun 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Apr 2019
I enjoyed myself a lot the entire episode.
For a second, i also was like one of the girls, forgot it was a performance.

The art was top, the sound was top, the music, the acting was incredible.

Yae's singing was so good, not to mention Kokona's acting..

The duo at the final between Yae and Kokona, Kokona at the piano, Yae with the Angel's wings..

I'm done 10/10.
Jun 25, 2023 2:21 PM
Jun 2023
Fail_Man_X said:
Can someone explain Kokona's Sense to me? It's really been bothering me for these final 2 episodes.
The way I think of it is that Shizuka is Kokona's ambitions made manifest. Shizuka is effectively Kokona's feelings about what the perfect play should be, but she couldn't come up with her own way of putting it into action, so Shizuka was made to make up for that. But as Kokona became a good actor on her own, coming up with her own, new ideas on how a play should be conducted, Shizuka thought she wasn't needed, hence her going away. But Kokona's sense allows her to meld her new mindset with the conventional perfection of Shizuka to bring a significant amount more depth to the character she portrays.
Jun 25, 2023 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
Fail_Man_X said:

Shizuka is basically her Stand.
Manifestation of her own soul and ambitions or something like that.

Jun 25, 2023 4:22 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I will miss this anime, truly underrated, this deserved more attention than most anime of the season.
But well, atleast even if it never gets a sequel (what will probably happen) it was a great ending.
8/10

Jun 25, 2023 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
Very nice and underrated. With sequel groundwork laid out.
Only grumble I have is authors using "The Phantom of the Opera" — stories are free to interpret but trying to overcome one of the greatest musicals in history is mission impossible. How one beats sir Andrew in music?
Jun 25, 2023 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
PastalNightMare said:

Those new characters are from the game.
https://world-dai-star.com/character
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 25, 2023 6:34 PM
Oct 2014
AkeZZZ said:
PastalNightMare said:

Those new characters are from the game.
https://world-dai-star.com/character

wow there are alot more characters, my hopes are now both equally dulled I have hopes of a 2nd season cause of the sheer number of characters they could add and maybe they won't do that because of that reason. outer 5 main girls with the inclusion of Hiiragi
Jun 25, 2023 10:52 PM

Jul 2011
Really enjoyed this and the performance of that last song was beautiful! can't wait to play the rhythm game

🇦‌🇳‌🇮‌🇲‌🇪‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇸‌🇹‌
🇵‌🇷‌🇴‌🇫‌🇮‌🇱‌🇪‌
🇲‌🇺‌🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌

Jun 26, 2023 12:00 AM
Oct 2021
I suppose a lot of people were holding back on rating this until the finale, as the score just shot up from 6.72 to 7.17 which is probably the most insane jump I’ve ever seen in a day.
Jun 26, 2023 6:53 AM

Aug 2013
Atsunome said:
I suppose a lot of people were holding back on rating this until the finale, as the score just shot up from 6.72 to 7.17 which is probably the most insane jump I’ve ever seen in a day.
The finale was just that good, also the kiss probably helped.
Jun 26, 2023 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
show was super underwatched and kinda had me shook by how real/hard  it went in on the acting at times also the supernatural mystery was a fun twist at the start 
this finale was like a 8.5 
 either a 7.5 or 8/10 for this  you can't drop all these characters without a another season tease but cluing in that this is a gacha game anime and a good one at that those were characters from it lol

was a crime seeing it under 7 not that it really matters but hopefully more people check it out now 
Jun 26, 2023 11:22 PM
Mar 2020
good episode. just two things i didn't like: 1: the kissing scene. Had it been Kokona with Kathrina or Shizuka i would have been over the roof. I didn't hate it since its not really romantic, just a play but a bit of a shame. 2: the fact that Shizuka didn't really share the stage with Kokona. sure, she had that part at the end, but I wanted her to play a larger role, like Christine. in my eyes that would have been perfect. The play overall was excellent, great visuals. I wish i could watch the whole play but obviously the time for that would be ridiculous.
of note are the girls in the audience who looks like more than just background characters. i think they're hoping for a season 2.
Jun 27, 2023 2:07 AM

Sep 2017
The last episode really amazing I don't know how many time i watching this episode and that masquerade song still can't leave from my head AND THAT KISS 😍 😍 😍
Jun 27, 2023 6:16 AM
Nov 2020
Finale episode is: ABSOLUTE CINEMA

Even though World Dai Star anime is now ended but thank goodness Bandai Namco Entertainment making a World Dai Star rhythm mobile game with new characters outside Sirius and some of them are making a appearance on the Finale episode

Kudos to Takahashi Ryo for some wonderful music he brings to the anime and kudos for all the seiyuu esp. Maria-chan, Manaka-chan, Ikumin and others who elevate their voice acting even more.
Jun 27, 2023 9:07 AM
Jan 2023
FlamingFox911 said:
Liddo-kun said:

I agree as well, but they also explained during the performance that Yae is done playing the foil. They each attempted to one up each other during the performance (Yae's first song, Kokona's duet one-up), until the end where Yae channeled her role during her song (and grew an extra pair of angel wings).

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Bit of a niche and convenient story, but the animation and execution is top notch.
8/10

Edit: Rephrasing.

yae was never the foil, everyone around her was being placed as the foil so that yae can expand and show how versatile she can be in the final episode that was panda saying that it's the only time she will be a foil for yae.
Jun 27, 2023 1:11 PM
Oct 2018
The come back of Shizuka was expected, but it would be better if there were some more scenes that Shizuka appears on the stage together with Kokona more often
Jun 27, 2023 1:19 PM
May 2011
Startrick666 said:
of note are the girls in the audience who looks like more than just background characters. i think they're hoping for a season 2.
nah, they're teasing for the mobile game
Jun 27, 2023 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
Fail_Man_X said:

Koko + Shizu = self Yuri

lol,

Her sense, Shizuka, is basically the "dream" of Kokona wanting to become the Dai Star. Because of Kokona's childhood and she was starting to lose hope, and her sense awakened and manifested Shizuka, who at the time Kokona has no idea about til later.

The fusion Kokona is pretty much just Shizuka returning back into Kokona as her real sense. As said before, before Kokona, everyone's sense was always activated within them, never out of them.

As thus, Kokona's true sense is like having 2 person in 1 body, which allows her to act in a more complex way.

But while at it, the fusion of her sense evolved and granted her the ability to change her surrounding environment. (which interestingly as mentioned by Theresa, can be obtained by anyone that reaches certain threshold of their acting ability, just that it's fairly rare, so only a few talented actors can obtain this ability)

Also, NICE KISS.... hehehe ( ᵔ 3 ᵔ) CHUUU.

And looks like Kokona and Shizuka can unfuse, so they can fuse and unfuse anytime they want, lol

As for who was given the Dai Star.

Well... while the Phantom was really good, but at the very end the focus is still on Yae and Kokona was pretty much in the backstage. As we've seen during the ending camera change, nowhere was Phantom viewable on the stage, all you could see was Yae and her giant pink wings, LOL.

(even tho Kokona's illusion of the collapsing cave is still in effect, everyone's focus was on Yae, no one saw the cave at the end) (only us the anime watchers saw the cave)

So by that, it's a no brainer that Yae got the Dai Star
amlgJun 27, 2023 3:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 28, 2023 1:46 PM
Oct 2022
How the hell can you do Phatom of the Opera without its legenday theme?? I was so ... aggravated...
Jun 30, 2023 1:18 PM

Jun 2016
the final performance give me a little goosebumps !!

this actually not too bad at all !!
Jul 13, 2023 7:55 AM
Jan 2021
I’m not actually sure how I’m supposed to feel about Shizuka… what exactly is she…. Existing in deeper parts of Kokona so that she would become a wholeheartedly world dai star felt much better to be honest. Her appearing again felt unnecessary.
What is she… can’t be seen then can be seen… disappearing and then appearing again. It messed up my mind.
Feb 5, 3:42 AM

Sep 2016
Damn it, I actually want a season 2 of this now. This was WAY better than expected. The Story with Kokona and Shizuka was so good!

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

11 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:00 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

14 by otomon »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:53 PM

» mobile game coming soon!

DreamingBeats - May 9, 2023

4 by DreamingBeats »»
Jul 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2023

12 by VAZI »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 11, 2023

12 by amlg »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.