Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Chisa is multi-faceted in her talent, like surfing and researching on morning glories. And it just so happens that Sirius us on break until the Fall show, and Noa gets drunk over bottles of "clearwater" sake while Kokona, Shizuka and Kathrina have been visitng various tropes for improv acting. Too bad that Yae has her own grade-school troubles to deal with, and Kathrina has her mom: Theresa Griebel arrive in Japan to see her, even if it's for a short while. She's quite the distinguished World Dai Star that not even Dugong can retaliate from her world-class big boobs.

The touristy trip around Asakusa with bodyguards and all, and it's a day of relaxation for the trio of girls wearing yukatas and enjoying the scenery with Theresa. And upon spending the day with her, both Kokona and Shizuka can tell of Theresa's splendour as she visits Sirius to visit Noa and president Shamo, being in the same tutoring generation as her. Yae's performance doesn't go unseen with praises, but it's Theresa's performance that the troupe girls want to see, only if Noa can agree to doing it with her. And so it is: the performance of a scene of Shakespeare's play, and it instantly captivates the girls of the high standards coming from a distinguished World Dai Star, with Noa's Sense being able to see the potentials of candidates.

The future of Kathrina's acting dream with various troupes wanting her inclusion with Sirius being a stepping stone...and she decides to stay and improve her craft, which is for the better. And the next performance to choose a Dai Star from the Fall show, and it's the renowned Phantom of the Opera.

Give it your best, girls. Phantom is no mere simple act.
Jun 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Oct 2007
did not expect to see a visit from Kathrin's mom. Her mom is so beautiful.

good thing she does not have a bad temper like Kathrin. Funny when she harassed Shizuka with a skirt lift (lol). And Dugong is so happy to meet mom. xD

this is a nice relaxing episode.

looking forward to next week. :)
Jun 4, 2023 3:54 PM

Feb 2019
I’m glad Katharina and her mom switched to Japanese because the German was obviously broken, but I love how they don’t explain why two German people would be speaking fluent Japanese to each other instead of German lol

Her mom’s gorgeous and hilarious tho, wasn’t expecting her to lift up shizuka’s dress like that 😂 way more laid back than her daughter. But then again, having to live up to such a successful mom would be stressful for anyone.
Jun 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
I think I am getting paranoid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why the hell there is not a single male character in this show? Not even in the mob crowd? Bodyguards being all female and especially that rickshaw driver heavily stands out.

Jun 5, 2023 2:05 AM

Oct 2007
some art. :)

Yae and Shizuka

Kathrina and Kokona

Liddo-kunJun 5, 2023 2:13 AM
Jun 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Sep 2017
Kokona Yabai😍😍😍 
I'm glad Kathrina stay at sirius well she don't want to leave her crush

JustCallMyNameJun 6, 2023 2:51 AM
Jun 9, 2023 5:02 PM
Nov 2018
When did you understand that they were doing The Phantom of the Opera? I got it at: "What kind of sweet temptations await us?" That's the line "What sweet seduction lies before us". Except the translator translated it from Japanese without checking the line in English. But that's forgivable.

So, they wonder who'll do the Phantom. Well, here's a suggestion: HOW ABOUT A MAN?

Oh, that's right. It's one of those anime that are free from men so the otakus can relax without rivals in the picture. All alone with the soft girls.
Jun 10, 2023 10:51 AM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the skirt flip, hehe.

I am curious as well to how well the "sense" body is. [flips Shizuka's skirt for research purposes]

Kath's mom is really pretty too, plus she' seem to be the playful type that loves to go on adventures, lol.

(which is interesting, cause Kathrina's a whole different personality, lol, guess this is one of those "NOT like mother like daughter")

Interesting [Play], I wonder what the Mom's sense is, illusion?

Cause when Kath's mom's sense activates, the stage changes with special effects and both Theresa and Hiiragi were wearing stage outfits.

Tho they said Hiiragi's sense is to "bring out co-star's performance"... so basically help the other stage ppls perform better, like a buff, LOL.

___ ___ ___

Piromysl said:
I think I am getting paranoid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why the hell there is not a single male character in this show? Not even in the mob crowd? Bodyguards being all female and especially that rickshaw driver heavily stands out.

What chu mean?

That military outfit in the back is clearly male.

It's just that the male in this world have all been turned into statues and Mannequin. YUP :)

Marinate1016 said:
I’m glad Katharina and her mom switched to Japanese because the German was obviously broken, but I love how they don’t explain why two German people would be speaking fluent Japanese to each other instead of German lol

Her mom’s gorgeous and hilarious tho, wasn’t expecting her to lift up shizuka’s dress like that 😂 way more laid back than her daughter. But then again, having to live up to such a successful mom would be stressful for anyone.

It's not that uncommon to speak Japanese inside Japan... (or the country's majority language)

Like me, my first language isn't English and I speak a different language with my relatives at home, but outside we speak English in public. (in fact, I am more fluent in English too... lol)

A lot of other people do this too.
amlgJun 10, 2023 11:06 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 10, 2023 11:23 AM
May 2011
Piromysl said:
I think I am getting paranoid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why the hell there is not a single male character in this show?
Kokona's father makes an appearance at the very beginning of the series. He even speaks
Jun 10, 2023 11:30 AM
May 2011
Hegar said:
Oh, that's right. It's one of those anime that are free from men so the otakus can relax without rivals in the picture. All alone with the soft girls.
Right, the show with no guys is the one pandering to otakus, not one of the 20 harems airing this season :/
Jun 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Fail_Man_X said:
Piromysl said:
I think I am getting paranoid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why the hell there is not a single male character in this show?
Kokona's father makes an appearance at the very beginning of the series. He even speaks

Something tells me, that they were considering making her parents a lesbian couple, but that would be too much. Dunno why, but I have this iffy feeling with yuri bait and (almost) inexistent male characters.
Anyway, it was mentioned, that BOTH of Kathrina's parents were World Dai Star. Can dude's become one? Griebel is definitely her biological mother, because they have the same hair and eye color.

Jun 10, 2023 11:53 AM
May 2011
Piromysl said:
Fail_Man_X said:

Something tells me, that they were considering making her parents a lesbian couple, but that would be too much. Dunno why, but I have this iffy feeling with yuri bait and (almost) inexistent male characters.
Anyway, it was mentioned, that BOTH of Kathrina's parents were World Dai Star. Can dude's become one? Griebel is definitely her biological mother, because they have the same hair and eye color.
Tobias is definitely a man's name. Hmm, maybe you are paranoid
Jun 10, 2023 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
about this mostly female environment. Love Live did the same thing for their 4 series with 2 seasons each (which is more than 90 episodes combined), and I've watched them all (lol). So I'm pretty much used to this thing. Love Live is actually more strict, because they don't even allow fathers to have voice lines. Here in World Dai Star, Kokona's father was able to talk in episode 1.

edit:

oh, and I know World Dai Star is just yuri bait. unless something changes. Still, it's entertaining to watch.
for some yuri each week, I watch Yuri is my Job. https://myanimelist.net/anime/51817/Watashi_no_Yuri_wa_Oshigoto_desu
Liddo-kunJun 11, 2023 4:18 AM
Jun 18, 2023 3:56 AM

May 2009
Piromysl said:

Typical for /u/tards fantasy shows.
Sep 24, 2023 3:53 PM
Mar 2022
For the people asking why there is no male characters... no this was not done to pander to horni otakus or for Yuri bait lol
The anime is obviously a reference to Takarazuka, just like other anime such as "Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight" or "Kageki Shoujo!!" the TL:DR on that, is that an all female theatre troupe was created like 100ish years ago because women could not traditionally act in theater, their stage plays are also aimed at women. This is the reason all of the characters are female on this anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

35 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:42 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

11 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:00 AM

» mobile game coming soon!

DreamingBeats - May 9, 2023

4 by DreamingBeats »»
Jul 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2023

12 by VAZI »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 11, 2023

12 by amlg »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.