Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, what an episode. Gabimaru's narrative and words really came head on as he fought like a champ while thinking of the recent events in his life.

From start to finish, the episode had a lot of emotions featuring Choubei again, who has become a bit unhinged. I find his personality very noticable in these recent episodes.

Jun 2019
Bakugo is still alive and he seems to be still standing tall against his opponent. He has gotten stronger somehow and there are some mysterious marks on his body. On the other hand, Gabimaru's party is also facing dangerous opponents. Them protecting Mei was sweet to see. But, we also got to learn more about Bocchu Jutsu and Mei's past.

I felt so bad for our Mei. She doesn't deserve that. But, our hero Gabimaru was able to take them down easily now that he understands the power of Tao a little bit. The world of Jigokuraku is getting more and more interesting. Leaving once again on a cliffhanger. The OST was once again so good. Only two more episodes left.

May 2020
You can’t win against fiends of course, and moreover against the ones who don’t even have nice faces, until you’re someone as unstable as Chobei. Dude is bleeding left and right, having his bones crushed in god knows how many times but still somehow managed to take a win over that messenger of Tensen. And he did so by learning the concept of Tao in the midst of battle. Yep, he has already kind of mastered that art, I mean not fully of course but still. So yeah that man is a walking timebomb right now.

Back to where Gabimaru and Gantetsusai were, and them battling that enemy troop. It wasn’t like they were there to eliminate them but to retrieve a specific person, and that person being Mei, one of the Tensen as it was revealed. Now for the reason? Well it was so they could take her back and then have her help the Tensens to master the ways of Tao.

Leaving aside the four methods, there’s that fifth method, Bochu Jutsu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , in simple terms, sex. That’s the reason they need Mei for. Needless to say it didn’t go well with the best tag team, and then they literally obliterated those goons. Though it was Gabimaru alone, and he has learned a bit of working around with Tao too that way.

Cliffhanger with Mu Dan making an appearance. Now that will be one more to look forward to next episode.
Softhenic03Jun 17, 2023 7:32 AM
Jun 17, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
Lovely ep, loving the development of Gabimaru!
Jun 17, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
Choubei distracting the Doshi priest on hiding his powers, his Tao is getting stronger, while Toma takes charge of the monsters behind them. Sure enough, there is Tao emanating from the priest, but that he has finally broken the code to defeat the Tensen with the vines. And as Gabimaru fends off against the monsters, both Gantetsusai and Fuchi train him to their level. Mei is there together with them, and she gets a plea from the one of the priests to return to Horai for their assistance. Gabimaru may have no right to say in his manner, but he cannot make her upset, which releases Tan.

Well, this brings a challenge to both Gabimaru and Gantetsusai as both Doshi come to being her back to be trained in bochu jutsu or otherwise, sexual intercourse to gain impressive levels of Tao, just like the shape-shifting double-sex Tensen Zhu Jin. And being banished from the palace only to be found by the Hoshi again, hearing this disgusting act only fuels Gabimaru's anger more because of his once-maligned wife, which gives more incentive to protect Mei. Surely, the key is still Tao, and Fuchi recommending Gabimaru to weaken his spirit while Mei inspects his current level, the latter has ascended more than his Iwakugure shinobi's traits, to match that akin of the Tensen.

Mu Dan sweeping the groot's head with one fell swoop, Sagiri and the others are definitely not expecting to see a friendly battle. Death flags all around...
Jun 17, 2023 9:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ok, seriously badass episode, really likable cast etc...

but com on...

stop pushing Yuzuriha and now Sagiri to the side....

@Pre_Yum

Bakugo is still alive

I'm dead lol... every shounen needs someone like him lol
Jun 17, 2023 9:07 AM

Dec 2022
gabimaru and choubei mastered their tao control
Jun 17, 2023 9:08 AM

Feb 2021
Baku- I mean Choubei is really badass with Tao! But it seems that it there is some penalty.
Lmao I like how that Doshi realized that he is gonna lose and nonchalantly gave them info. I feel like he didn't really care about Tensen and just wanted to "train tao".
Jun 17, 2023 9:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Oldest trick in the book lol. Looks like Aza did get changed within the hole. The fact that he can see the Tao realy gives him one hell of a advantage. Mei sure turned out to be quite the important person. Though the way that they implied in increasing their powers really was grim. The tao though really served to make Gabi that much more of a badass. Overall a pretty neat ep that featured a good balance of top tier action and worldbuilding. Looks like at this point all the survivors would be making it to the Horai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2023 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
Best episode until now, things are getting interesting, sadly near the end...
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 17, 2023 9:11 AM
Oct 2022
nooooo groot is dead :(
Jun 17, 2023 9:11 AM
Jul 2020
I can’t believe those monsters were raping Mei… No wonder she has trust issues.

Bochu Justsu is now my fav term from this show. Gonna ask the GF to help me practice bochu justsu and look at her bewilderment, lol. Also, is Groot dead?
Pro_The_LegendJun 17, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 17, 2023 9:12 AM
Sep 2021
Gabimaru has learned tao quickly now he needs to master it to defeat tensen.
Jun 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2017
What's up with Choubei, something's definitely wrong. The way he powered up so fast, gotta have a drawback to it.

Mei's secret is out and damn that's sickening. I'm glad Gabimaru went to protect her without even thinking about it. Must protect her. He got a powerup too, now that he can see Tao.
Jun 17, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2023
that's why gabimaru is my fav mc of this season... man what an episode
Jun 17, 2023 9:48 AM
Jul 2019
best ongoing anime it's much better than demon slayer S3
Jun 17, 2023 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
so Sagiri knows Tao too without realizing what it is
Jun 17, 2023 10:08 AM
Apr 2022
OK. I have to say this has been my favorite episode so far, but we're only up to 11. 
There's too much left to this story that is impossible to cram into only 2 more episodes. 
I recommend anyone who likes Manga/Anime to buy the set just in case. 
At least follow through to ep. 13 so that you can hold the art in mind as you read the rest of the story.
It would be a shame to cut all the character and plot development short because of concerns other than telling a great story.
Jun 17, 2023 10:10 AM
Mar 2023
Peak Paradise was Peaking.

I still cant believe that so much people still sleeping on this anime.
Jun 17, 2023 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
I have to say that narratively speaking, the reveal of the tao powers have been handled rather poorly. I understand the golden hair dude learning it immediatly, as an introduction to this power. But It could have been interesting to see Gabimaru struggle with just a miniscule amount of tao and his ninjutsu abilities for the foreseeable future and improve at it bit by bit. Instead they made him master it immediatly and now the opportunity for him to grow has been stripped away just as fast as it has presented itself, sad.
Jun 17, 2023 10:18 AM
Aug 2020
Great episode once again, impossible to get bored with them
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 17, 2023 10:23 AM
Jan 2023
Now that Gabimaru learned to control tao now his fight with tensen will be more badass
Jun 17, 2023 10:24 AM
Feb 2023
peak anime, cant believe the season is almost over
Jun 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Oct 2022
Wait, did Choubei already possessed Tao or he also analysed the method to use Tao and perfected it in such short time that he even overpowered an inhuman creature.

Now that Gabimaru has also got his hands on tao, the battle between him and the Tensen's would be interesting. But, first we will get to see how does Sagiri and the other put up a fight against the other Tensen.

Jun 17, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2019
Another great episode although it was sickening to not only hear that Mei was being used for sex but also marked by having scars on her body. Gabimaru hearing that set him off and now he's at the level of the Tensen. I'm sure the scars reminded Gabimaru of his wife too.

Beyond that it looks like "Groot" may be dead but hopefully not although I'm not sure if Sagiri's group is ready to face a Tensen without additional help, maybe we'll see what Yuzuriha is capable of.
Jun 17, 2023 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby is this story brining it home!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 17, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
Sick episode! Enjoyed it the most
Jun 17, 2023 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
My boy Chobe putting the beats on that Doshi dude, and the Gabimaru/Gantetsusai duo held it down against the other two Doshi. Hearing the centipede Doshi talk about Mei that way and how they planned to use her was disgusting. It looks like some of the human characters are starting to get the hang of using Tao to enhance their abilities in a fight, which will be important going forward if they want to stand even the slightest chance against the Tensen. And speaking of Tensen, another one is about confront Sagiri's group, so they've now found themselves in some trouble. 

Urahara_Benihime said:
Wait, did Choubei already possessed Tao or he also analysed the method to use Tao and perfected it in such short time that he even overpowered an inhuman creature.

The centipede Doshi mentioned that Tao exists within all things. So Chobe, and everyone else, innately possess it, it's just a matter of actually tapping into that power to be able to use it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2023 11:16 AM
Feb 2022
lets fucking go cant wait to see the ending
Jun 17, 2023 11:31 AM
Jun 2021
I love gabimaru
how he has grown so much
Jun 17, 2023 11:44 AM
Dec 2020
scarletredjail said:
I love gabimaru
how he has grown so much

Man had so much character development in 1st episode which tanjiro didn't had in whole season.
Jun 17, 2023 11:48 AM
Feb 2021
PoisonedSandwich said:
I have to say that narratively speaking, the reveal of the tao powers have been handled rather poorly. I understand the golden hair dude learning it immediatly, as an introduction to this power. But It could have been interesting to see Gabimaru struggle with just a miniscule amount of tao and his ninjutsu abilities for the foreseeable future and improve at it bit by bit. Instead they made him master it immediatly and now the opportunity for him to grow has been stripped away just as fast as it has presented itself, sad.

The direction and build up in this series has been handled rather poorly. Like you said, the refinement of Tao this episode was immediate and without any struggle. Very cliche and tropey, with the Tensen messengers also going on monologues explaining the process to the characters as well while they’re supposed to be fighting to the death… awkwardly placed plot devices. Groot explaining the world and the power system was much preferred.

Tao is a fascinating concept, but how “rare, unique, and difficult it is to master over thousands of years through various techniques” is diminished by how seamlessly both characters used it this episode, with zero build up. Just poor execution. But still a fun watch!
slugdirshJun 17, 2023 11:52 AM
Jun 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
"Gabimaru tao big"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jun 17, 2023 11:52 AM

Feb 2023
Too much rape going on this week! Why can't they circulate ying-yang by clapping each other's hands. What if the tensen are actually just perverts and when their pupils asked about why they have sex all the time they were like "this is uh an advanced form of tao training!"

Bakugo cut his own eye off. Nobody even asked him to do that. What if the bandit was just going to cut off their hair.

*happy bakugo noises*

I'm in awe at this big bro who thinks his lil bro is more important than his own sense of self. How cute!

When they were explaining bochu jutsu I was laughing at how unnecessarily long the explanation for the whole thing was when it boiled down to "we need her for rape." Gabimaru was already enraged/repulsed when it was about JUST rape of some girl he met yesterday, then they went and mentioned that tensen marked her with a scar just like his wife and that's when it got personal and he was 100% TRIGGERED.

KanataX said:
nooooo groot is dead

:( :( :(

Embient said:
But it seems that it there is some penalty

He just got some vine tats. I'm sure it won't turn him into a plant monster or anything.

Pro_The_Legend said:
I can’t believe those monsters were raping Mei…

Me neither. This tao mish-mash religion is just a depraved cult!

PoisonedSandwich said:

I thought the exact opposite. xD

You have this island with these guys who think they're hot shit for practicing "tao" for a thousand years and doing whatever they wanted murdering everybody for eternal life. And they think they're better than humans because they know tao and humans don't. But humans can EASILY learn it. It's not special. They were just using this cheat skill and pretending they were special for it, but one guy learned it by eating plants, while the other learned it by relaxing, and the blind guy could already sense it before even coming to the island!

I think it's more interesting this way that it's just a trick they didn't know instead of powers you have in your typical long running shounen that are equally vague but take training for 100s of chapters.
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Another great episode although it was sickening to not only hear that Mei was being used for sex but also marked by having scars on her body. Gabimaru hearing that set him off and now he's at the level of the Tensen. I'm sure the scars reminded Gabimaru of his wife too.

She literally showed up in a flasback lol
Jun 17, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2015
Nooo, not Butterfree!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 17, 2023 12:18 PM

Aug 2022
Hearing what those guys did to Mei was something that I wasn't prepared for.
Jun 17, 2023 12:21 PM
Dec 2019
Wow Gabimaru learned tao pretty quickly.
Jun 17, 2023 12:23 PM

Dec 2018
More about the Tensen and Tao reveal. Choube can regenerate because he eat those monster? He is one of the strongest since he learned them immediately.

And now Gabimaru level up easily too, he might can catch up with those Tensen soon.

Tamiya is super strong too, and his Asaemon is actually more clever than Senta... Senta need to think and analyze more time than this yellow hair Asaemon kid.

The centipede doshi tell Gabimaru and the gang the secret really easily... Even the monster doshi still keep his mouth shut after badly injured by Choube...

So that's why the Tensen are so horny... Poor Mei... She can't turn to a guy and those guy doshi use Mei just for s*x.

Oh no ... It's Sagiri/Yuzuriha/Senta (& Groot (if he is still alive?) VS red hair Tensen next ... Can't wait for that fight.

Jun 17, 2023 12:33 PM
Nov 2015
kanata44 said:
What if the tensen are actually just perverts and when their pupils asked about why they have sex all the time they were like "this is uh an advanced form of tao training!"

Yea, that's what I was thinking too whenever the doshi said that the tensen were the ones that came up with the "final technique for mastering tao"...Like it seems like the first four steps of mastering tao were well established and then the tensen walk in and need some way to establish their supremacy so they make up some self-serving bullshit.

I mean we can assume that "the good guys" win at the end so surely somehow Gabi is going to beat their asses without literally fucking anyone. That's already setting up their "bochu jutsu" as bullshit (not to mention the whole aligning it with rape is a pretty clear sign we should immediately be suspicious of it). We'll see though. Hoping the story doesn't do any unnecessary "dark edgy" cringe shit.

Jun 17, 2023 12:53 PM
Aug 2021
Rip groot and holy shit it took me a second to realise what the "training" meant for the kid wtf that was disgusting, mf pedo rapist insect heads
Jun 17, 2023 1:09 PM
Apr 2023
Can I master Tao using my hand as a partner for bochu jutsu?

And man.. the bgm that start when Gabimaru use tao to disperse the insect from the punch is pure epicness. I can feel Hiroyuki Sawano vibes in there. Is he even one of the composer in this anime?
einstorage6691Jun 17, 2023 1:27 PM
Jun 17, 2023 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
PoisonedSandwich said:
Bro finally a comment with some analytical thinking. This episode was so cheap. The 3 henchmen served no other purpose other than explaining the plot. I mean why would you explain everything to your enemies? The writing is so bad it's insulting. 
Jun 17, 2023 1:52 PM
Mar 2023
This episode was fire, I got excited to see Gabimaru finally use Tao
Jun 17, 2023 2:10 PM
Oct 2016
Gabimaru unlocking his Tao abilities. Taking down these creepy bug men whom were doing some despicable things to Mei. She tapping into Gabimaru tao so that he can sense what it is. Having both a strong yet weak mind, going forward with strength but still wavering. It's the same kind of things Sagiri was experiencing with her choosing the middle path when fighting. Gabimaru sees the connection between Tao and what him and Sagiri discussed. Channeling that into his ninjitsu makes that even more powerful. Gantetsusai was right saying that Gabimaru probably doesnt know the term Tao specifically but he knows similar techniques from his shinobi training. The two of them making a good team once they got out of each others way, killing those sickening bug men. Great seeing Gabimaru level up and dispatch some creeps.
Chobei and Touma dealing with their own weird enemies. Chobei being knocked around until he finally unlocked his Tao. Using it to not only attack but heal himself too, leaving behind those fine like markings. Chobei even being able to sew those invisible Tao attacks hurled at him. We have a few people now that can use Tao and possibly beat the Tensen. Sagiri, Yuzuriha and Senta are coming face to face with one now, hopefully they can unlock their Tao mid fight.
Jun 17, 2023 2:35 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
PoisonedSandwich said:
I see it a bit different. I think because he clearly already has some experience with tao (how do you explain his affinity to fire powers?) it makes it easier for him to connect the dots and unleash his true potential.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Jun 17, 2023 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
Incredible episode.
Both Aza Chobei and Gabimaru the hollow learned tao in such a short amount of time. The tensen spies did not see this one coming.

Protect Mei at all cost. Don't let her get bochu jutsued on.
Can't wait for the next tensen fight.

Jun 17, 2023 3:07 PM
Jul 2011
Watching Gabi and old samurai man faces as they were listening to the Dosen's Tao breakdown, learning of Bochu Justsu and realizing why exactly they wanted Mei back, oof. Damn it got twisted really fast lol. When criminals call you disgusting and get uncomfortable enough to almost puke you know it's bad.

With Gabi and Not-Bakugo speedrunning Tao training arc the power levels is shifted more in the heroes favor now. Good because the Tensen was looking too OP and we running out of episodes, though it looks like Sagiri group is screwed unless she gonna speed through the Tao tutorial too. They're already kind of hinted she is stronger than let on anyways.
Jun 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Mar 2020
This is a fantastic episode, Gabimaru has officially become one of my favorite anime characters. What happened with Choubei is also fun to watch, I love that he cares about his brother Touma. Also, I'm so mad with what happened with Mei, leave her alone, you creep!
Jun 17, 2023 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
Mei getting raped was a disturbing revelation too but im a manga reader

Jun 17, 2023 4:07 PM
Enjoyment

Feb 2021
Im grateful I kept watching, though it wasnt bad before. This is were it starts to ramp up.
“Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal but it has already left a scar.” — Monkey D Luffy
🌲🌲 🌲🌲🌲 Anime Obsessor
🌳 🌳🌳🌳 Manga Indulger
⛩️ Romance Specialist
⛩️ Harem Hashira
⛩️ Isekai Sage
⛩️ Shonen Slayer
🏮 𓆏 Adventure Enthusiast
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 Best Girl Knower
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

550 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

309 by WienGirl »»
Apr 10, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

353 by WienGirl »»
Apr 10, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

320 by LegatoBlues »»
Mar 29, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

194 by PrimeX »»
Mar 27, 5:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.