Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
The plan for the meteor shower viewing party goes underway with the groundwork flier promotion alongside the festival for Nakami, Magari and her clique, but it went nowhere, with Nakami choosing to anchor all by himself in Shokusai Market. Though there is the usual playboy stance of Rui, and Ukegawa continuing to be best wingman for Nakami to have his festival date watching the fireworks with Magari, dressed in a yukata after choosing to change out of her normal clothes. Her and Nakami heading up to the school roof along with Tsuu-chan, it's like living inside a dream, though Magari has her usual horseplay of running around in the hospital in the dark when she was a kid. For the claustrophobic Nakami, spending the festival after what seems to be awhile with her is a good thing, though Magari had a casual confession with Nakami, which he replied instantaneously while capturing the scene of fireworks. Everyone has fun, and that's all it matters, aside from Tsuu-chan being akin to the school's mascot.

Down from the roof and back to the observatory, and a wind chime replaces Kurashiki-sensei's fan, while Nakami processes through the collection of photos taken earlier. The anxious Nakami thanking Magari for opening his eyes on his demons, and though she has a close shave of death, she wanted him to her the beats of her heart, which she reveals her imperfect heart condition, that despite the successful surgery, causes both her anxiousness and insomnia if she falls asleep and could not awaken the next day. And that presents Nakami with the ultimatum that he'll keep her awake and listen to her issues until she is able to sleep, as she weeps in front of him, seemingly embarrassed.

The girls thanking Kurashiki-sensei for using the school roof, and Magari successfully...failed at trying to steal her fan away., haha. The thought of sharing their thoughts and feelings disrupt if they did the normal call, but with an app, they are able to communicate to one another, like a radio broadcast show. This is the start of their private nightly conversations, and Magari shares her own story about her family to keep him awake until he sleeps.

Plus Homecoming's special insert ED episode song, it's all good though!
KANLen09May 22, 2023 12:55 PM
May 22, 2023 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
SHE KNEW THIS IS HER LAST SUMMER, SO SHE PUT ON A YUKATA !!! EVERYONE'S GOING TO DIE !!! WUAAAAAAAAAA ...

Anyway, never mind that, it's time for the highly anticipated summer fireworks festival with our lovely mains ... and the rest of the group, i guess. Tho, not much of a firework viewing party, as both of our heroes had more precious things in front of them :) .. for a while at least. 

I liked the notion of, everyone carrying their own demons .. they only said it now out loud, but it's been a point of this show for a while. Also, someone in the animation/design/whatever department paid a special attention to Kanami's tanlines, I, as a tanlines enjoyer highly appreciate that.
May 22, 2023 9:19 AM
Jul 2020
The overall story is becoming a worse version of your lie in April. Don’t see it going well for the cast.
May 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
Pro_The_Legend said:
The overall story is becoming a worse version of your lie in April. Don’t see it going well for the cast.
Do you watch this show like some kind of a fort boyard live TV ? Every week tune in to see whos gonna drop next ? Do you understand what the characters are saying ? Or you just on an autopilot. Your comment makes absolutely no sense in regards to anything that happend up till this seventh episode.
May 22, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2020
it's really my best romance for the moment, I love everything , ost,chara design,story...

Love is in the air, I want more anime like this one.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 22, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
When you see a very little detail like USB-C-to-3.5mm adapter, you can't ask more than this regarding the quality of the production.
May 22, 2023 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
Magari looked so beautiful in her Yukata she really is adorable
May 22, 2023 10:02 AM

May 2015
They got us worried for a bit with death flags, but now I'm worried that it's still too early to calm down.

I hope the romance blooms soon, they look so nice together.
May 22, 2023 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
This was a very heartfelt episode with the summer fireworks festival, and love and fun are in the air. Ukegawa is truly best bro, as he helped out Nakami hand out flyers so he could focus on heading up to the rooftop with Magari to watch the fireworks together. A lot of feelings were shared, and Magari revealed her heart condition to Nakami, and how close she was to death as a child. The anxiety that Magari about her condition has stuck with her though, and that seems to be the main reason why she developed insomnia, because she didn't want to fall into eternal slumber at night.

Nakami will always be there for Magari though, and he offered his hand in support, so the two talked to each other at night to comfort one another. It was quite moving honestly seeing the relationship between the two blossom, and hopefully, it continues to be as uplifting as some of the scenes were this episode.
May 22, 2023 10:17 AM
Mar 2021
Can we get some appreciation for the post credits scene?
May 22, 2023 10:28 AM
Feb 2022
i just think they dont die horible dead even tho i em into that shit
May 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Oct 2022
These two are just tailor made for each other. Sharing trauma and emotionally supporting each other because they understand exactly what it’s like to live a certain way. Shared afflictions works so well with them, especially when Ganta says he’ll stay awake for her no matter when to listen to her. One of the themes of the story is to see the unintentional benefits of something you wouldn’t expect to have and for this story, insomnia. 

Kurashiki mentions that last episode and it’s good to see it payoff. Very emotionally healing episode today and we can see how more and more they grow to care for each other. It’s clear and natural progression as they open up more and become closer.

May 22, 2023 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
Eyyy we finally get to know why Magari is constantly talking as if she would be dying soon. Really hope nothing happens to her. But damn this episode felt short, before I knew it the credits were rolling already :O Not sure why they went through the hassle of broadcasting themsleves over radio instead of just talking over the phone while Magari mutes herself, but at least Nakami got some nice ASMR out of it xD
May 22, 2023 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
/spoilers for episode/// another amazing episode kinda glad to know she's most likely not suicidal which was almost hinted at last episode and just scared or her heart disorder but also thought it would've been a cool plot to see if she was
May 22, 2023 10:59 AM
Aug 2021
Really enjoyed the ending where they broadcast each other's voices for one another! That part lowkey made me lonely as I don't have anyone to try that with hahaha.
May 22, 2023 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
Erm. She did say that she is as healthy as posdible (for someone who had an in-birth heart defect). She is not dying anytime soon. There is always a risk of course (which is the reason for her insomnia) but a lot of people living perfetly fine with it. It's not "Tsuki ga Noboru Sora" case.
May 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
Wow everything makes sense now. I like how Magari’s insomnia has a logical albeit really sad explanation . I actually feel that way a lot myself too. Like sometimes I’m scared to sleep because I think about not waking up. Granted I don’t have a chronic heart condition, but still. So seeing an anime character with that same issue hits close to home.

The radio broadcast idea was really cute and a great way for both of them to feel close to one another and get some much needed rest

Def feeling Shigatsu vibes but given the manga is ongoing I don’t think we’ll get that type of ending.
May 22, 2023 11:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The radio idea is so sweet, beautiful episode.
May 22, 2023 11:28 AM

Sep 2017
Great episode. Loved the end credits.
May 22, 2023 11:49 AM
Feb 2020
After this episode I started to understand why Magari raises so many death flags. Because of her heart problems as a child she developed anxiety and she's constantly reminding herself that she might die any moment eventhough the surgery went well and the doctor said she will be capable to live a normal life. But she's so afraid of dying that she never let go of that trauma. Manga readers say that the manga has over 100 chapters and there's no indication that she will die and after today's episode I'm starting to believe that.
May 22, 2023 11:57 AM

Feb 2007
I really was going to wait until the end to rate this, especially since I don't give a 10 lightly, but by now this series has surely proven that it deserves one and is unlikely to do anything that would make me reconsider this. Time to edit the favorites then, since I now finally have a 10th 10.
luinthoronMay 22, 2023 12:02 PM
May 22, 2023 12:17 PM
Jul 2015
I'm going to be brutally honest here. This was a nice episode, but there were better ones before this.
May 22, 2023 12:27 PM

May 2020
That's the most logical reasoning behind one's insomnia, the fear of not waking up again. Plus Isaki's issues with her health, or more specifically with her heart and having no one to talk about this should of made things even more unbearable. Letting it all out at once must've made her feel good, though hey it was Nakami's proposal which made things even more than good.

Listening to the radio at nights or more like just the other one talking it on and on was kind of an innovative thing honestly lol. Liked how both of them went to sleep in the end just like that.
May 22, 2023 12:33 PM
May 2021
Audience: How many death flags are you gonna raise ???
Author: Yes!!
May 22, 2023 12:43 PM
Dec 2021
Reminded me of Bisque Doll

May 22, 2023 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
[meme voice] this little episode can pack so many death flags in it
May 22, 2023 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
best ep so far, I am glad I continued it.
May 22, 2023 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
if u want to sleep watch this anime
May 22, 2023 1:34 PM

Nov 2017
So health problems are behind her, right? Don't do a pointless drama where the main girl dies 😕😕 We don't need that here, pls
May 22, 2023 1:48 PM

Jan 2021
Isaki, Kanami, Mina & Motoko help Ganta with the fliers for the meteor festival. The Yukata on Isaki looked wonderful, really cute. Isaki & Ganta together under the starry sky with fireworks was the perfect moment for an CONFESSION but got interrupted, goddamnit. At least it was a beautiful firework show and they had fun.

Isaki finally coming clean that she has had heart problems since birth and that's why she can't sleep because she is afraid but Ganta reassures her and says that he will stay by her side no matter what. Isaki trying to sneak out the fan again lmfao. Ganta starting a sorta podcast for Isaki to listen to fall asleep by it and she returns the favour and Isaki falls asleep to it. Wholesome episode.

May 22, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2023
One of the best episodes I've had so far. Ending was really soothing to the eye. Magari❤️
May 22, 2023 1:56 PM

Jul 2022
bro that weirdo literally listening to her breathing while asleep wtf
May 22, 2023 4:24 PM

Apr 2022
This is pure bliss, please give this multiple seasons
May 22, 2023 4:25 PM
Mar 2023
Where's the 6 button?
May 22, 2023 4:46 PM
Jul 2022
Fantastic episode! good to finally have an explanation of her condition, ending was cute too!
May 22, 2023 5:19 PM
Oct 2022
So romantic... so ...
May 22, 2023 5:57 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode as a whole, from start to finish. Got to see Ganta bond more with Isaki's friends through the whole meteor shower flier promotion and then them on the roof together, got some special moments with Isaki and Ganta again and Isaki bearing her feelings about why she struggles with insomnia for so long, and a heartwarming ending with the two of them doing awkward private radio broadcast shows at night through an opp to keep each other company at night to put them at ease till they sleep off. I loved all of this as a whole, and I liked the anxiety theme tackled here with Isaki's fear of the night and sleep due to her imperfect heart condition and how she feels terrified that her condition could just take her life whenever, even during her sleep that could have her not regain consciousness again. It's a really tough matter to speak to anyone so it's understandable for her to be radio silent on this to her friends, but since Ganta is someone who does struggle for different reasons with insomnia and how close they have been with understanding each other, good to see her finally open up to someone about such a tough situation.

I love the progression that her relationship with Ganta has gone through over just 7 episodes, nothing feels stagnant and their feelings and care/trust for each other only grows and grows with time and experience with each other. The final few minutes really sold that progression beautifully.
May 22, 2023 5:58 PM

Jun 2021
The mom has great taste in dogs.
May 22, 2023 6:03 PM

Dec 2019
Wasnt too crazy bout this series at the start but it really has been improving with each and every episode. Think this might be my favorite from this season after this episode, so heartfelt yet not forced by any means to watch. The interactions with the broadcasts at the end were really sweet to watch and shows how supportive Ganta is to give Isaki company like that to help her through the nights.
May 22, 2023 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
Pro_The_Legend said:
Other than being in the romance genre this show really isn't anything like YLiA
May 22, 2023 6:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We got the best stuff here, summer festival fireworks and falling asleep listening to each other, I was getting a true 4D experience as I laid down watching this with earbuds in lol, but man that was really sweet, especially after learning about why Isaki has trouble sleeping. Get your deserved rest lads.

And that was a nice new ED by the same group “Homecomings” that does the original ED, as much as I liked this one I hope it doesn’t replace the original because I like it a little too much lol.
May 22, 2023 6:19 PM

Nov 2019
two a.m. discord call be like: ~snore~

ngl, kinda scary how similar that final scene was, even ganta's reaction (・・")
Yuzo_ItoMay 22, 2023 6:25 PM
May 22, 2023 6:56 PM
Jan 2021
My gawd, what a beautiful episode. 
I'm trying to remember the last SoL anime that I found to be as quietly moving and beautiful as Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia. Nothing is coming to mind. 
May 22, 2023 7:07 PM
Apr 2023
Probably one of the best episodes this series will ever show as it kind of cuts the tension brought by Magari's constant death flag dropping habits.

When I read the manga chapters covered in this episode a while ago, I always found it surreal yet satisfying and if I can remember correctly, this might just be the last time Magari will drop her death flags for the remainder of this season.

I believe from this point on, this anime will be a much more pleasant one to watch and we will just have to wait for that sweet event coming in.
May 22, 2023 7:11 PM
Oct 2019
Hospital? Heartbeat?
Heart problem?

Oh no, I don't like this flag 😭
May 22, 2023 7:35 PM

Apr 2022
yukata at the festival episode and the nervousness on the roof was crazy, too bad they got cucked by isaki's friends tho lmao, the music was spot on.
isaki speaks about her past heart problems which everyone had caught on to by now.
nice hug and they're using an app to talk at night under the covers, sigh reminds me of myself.
May 22, 2023 7:56 PM
Jan 2022
way too many flags but damn these 2 are just so cute it makes me melt
May 22, 2023 8:02 PM
Mar 2020
Oh my god the radio shows were so cute.
May 22, 2023 8:21 PM
Nov 2022
A beautiful episode, there is no other way to describe it.

The relationship between Magari and Nakami is progressing although neither of them knows what they want yet.

Now we know more about Magari's background, it sounds very familiar to me and I don't want it to end up as another very popular story that many of us know xd.

Nakami demonstrating why he is one of the best male protagonists of the season, nothing new to say 🚬
May 22, 2023 8:27 PM
Mar 2023
ryzxgum said:
yukata at the festival episode and the nervousness on the roof was crazy, too bad they got cucked by isaki's friends tho lmao, the music was spot on.
isaki speaks about her past heart problems which everyone had caught on to by now.
nice hug and they're using an app to talk at night under the covers, sigh reminds me of myself.

Not sure you know what "cucked" means.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.