Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Nishimura playing the witch in a play, people say it fits her, but Takada feels like she should be someone else...if according to his terms, leaving everyone even more dumbfounded that a cutie like Nishimura even got to this position.

Takada's sister handing her yukata hand-me-downs to Nishimura to wear, and as always, she's conscious of what he would feel of her, but there's no need to worry that much going around Yukiko's school. It's pretty much a date for the two, and while thinking for their own future which will be sadder, why not have fun in the now. As usual, Kitagawa and his goons have something to clammer about, though Takada always have a way to twist his words.

The field day (which is just the regular sports festival), and the Grim Reaper's curse affecting their team to win, it's complete tomfoolery if the curse actually leads to victory lols. And he's capable of the 50-meter dash, which Nishimura hopes that Takada's able to take her place. And even for a moment on top of the playground to see the view from the jungle gym, it's a beautiful sight of new discoveries, but a blast of wind causes Nishimura to lose her footing, and in turn, broke Takada's arm in the process and transporting him to the hospital, which broke Nishimura down. Takada's carefree mother understanding how her own son would've acted in front of her, and towards Nishimura, she's his form of enjoyment, and it's truly "like mother, like son" to not need worry so much.

Despite having to wear an orthopedic cast, Takada is pretty much fine as he is injured or not, and other than wanting to wear on, Nishimura's fine that he isn't that hurt, and the field day may just be another happy point for her.

Onwards to field/sports day!
May 21, 2023 7:23 AM
Sep 2015
This anime has to be the anime that feature the most pick-up line ever.

Taiyou's mom is a little bit scary, it's like she's brainwashed to be happy all the time, no matter what happen.
May 21, 2023 7:56 AM
Mar 2021
It's another "FEELS" episode ngl. This is what romcom instead slice of life I look forward. No lewd or ecchi as fanservice plot, but just sweet, cute and wholesome. I wonder if it gets more and more populartiy.

Nishimura as a witch is undoubtly cute, but Yukatamura version is better. Now, Kitagawa becomes a jerk like usual. I don't hear any word from Kasahara after previous episode. It's so romantic when Takada put his hand on Nishimura's shoulder in the evening at school until wind comes for second time. Nishimura this time feel sorry to Takada's mom properly. I'm almost crying after hearing her crying too.
May 21, 2023 8:07 AM

Mar 2021
Wholesome lovely episode Nishimura and Takada looked so cute on their first date and it was so sweet to see Takada's mother comfort Nishimura after her son broke his arm
May 21, 2023 8:24 AM
Nov 2022
Takada is an example of how to fight bullying. 
I'm amazed, how the bullying trio never win in a speech, why Takada always finds 
a way to come back, with honesty and sincerity.

May 21, 2023 8:24 AM

Jan 2021
People saying that the witch costume fits Akane but Taiyou proves them all wrong, saying that it looks cute on her so far from being a witch. The Yukata was cute on her though, even Taiyou loved it. Kotarou back with his bullying saying that it was a date and Taiyou got them literally on the ground lmao, saying that they would only brag about it.

Akane & Taiyou climbing up to look at the view but the heavy wind blows and Akane slips and almost falls down but Taiyou saved her but in the process he broke his arm clean. Akane taking all the blame on her but Taiyou's mom is there to reassure her, saying that Taiyou is glad that Akane is safe. Next day Taiyou returns to school and says the exact same words that the mom said to Akane. Hopefully his arm will heal before track day. Wholesome episode.

May 21, 2023 9:04 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
After some short events where Taiyou fights off bullying by being way too positive the incident previous to the soports festival strikes: Nishimura falls into Takada's arm and breaks it. She feels terrible for it and starts blaming herself but alas Taiyou's mother comes into the picture with her positivity making her worries go away (turns out that's where he got those from). Now it's time for the festival, will Takada be able to recover in time for it?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 21, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2021
The bond between nishimura and takada is slowly growing and the episode was good with it's calm and soothing emotion.
May 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
This is another good episode! 
Takada's mom is kindhearted to Nishimura! 
I understand Nishimura blaming herself for Takada's injury because of the "curse" the Grim Reaper causes to the team she joins in Field Day. Additionally, Kitagawa-kun may bully Nishimura for the incident too. 

May 21, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2020
Takada is dumb, but he's a good kind of dumb. So watching him talk on and on about his perceptions, and the effect it has on those around him is the most hilarious part of this show. Like come on, silencing those kids by complimenting Nishimura's cuteness to the extreme has to be the best way possible to shook off any bullies lol.

Also Takada mother just like him is a planet of positive energy or will it be the opposite way? But still the fact that Takada came and conveyed those same words his mother said he would to Nishimura just shows how much he treasures her. Love them.
May 21, 2023 10:24 AM

Mar 2020
Another great episode as always, the jungle gym scene was quite pleasant to see. Taiyou's positivity never leaves, even when he broke his arm, he cares more about Akane probably. Nice to see Taiyou's mom as well, was wondering if Taiyou's parents both died and he just lived with his sister, but I guess that solves part of the question. 

On to field day! Should be another fun ride next week.
May 21, 2023 10:30 AM
Mar 2021
my God do i love these two.
a witch in a tank top, classic
May 21, 2023 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
Every week I think my heart can't melt anymore, but it keeps getting better and better every week. I love this minimalistic animation style while the story and emotions are delivered so good
May 21, 2023 12:21 PM
Apr 2022
The snapping SFX wasn't all that realistic and my heart sank for a moment regardless...
This is as close to tragedy as it's gotten in this series and yet, it's heart-warming as always
May 21, 2023 12:59 PM

Dec 2013
Yukata-mura was so pretty, Yukiko is probably counting the days until her Nephews are born haha, but here I was thinking the first half was too happy and ofc tragedy had to strike : (
May 21, 2023 1:12 PM
Aug 2020
Impossible to not have the smile with this show.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 21, 2023 1:29 PM

Feb 2023
Yukatamura-san!

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

May 21, 2023 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Like mother, like son LOL
May 21, 2023 1:51 PM

May 2015
Feels so sad for Nishimura :'(

Fortunately Taiyou has a super mama !
May 21, 2023 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
Now this show really resonates with me, I broke my arm on the jungle gym when I was about his age also.
May 21, 2023 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
Akane wearing a yukata is so damn cute! Thanks to Yukiko being awesome once again with her hand-me-downs, Akane and Taiyou had a really fun time at Yukiko's middle school festival, where the cute duo were the talk of the school. The usual bullies mocked Taiyou about his "date" with Akane the next day, but once again, Taiyou's clueless, but honest responses put those guys in their place. XD

Akane and Tsiyou also had a nice time talking about the upcoming field day together in the local park, where up top one of the climbing frames, they had a lovely view of the town as well as the ocean. It was a wholesome scene with Taiyou being encouraging to Akane about doing her best, but sadly, a gust of wind caught Akane by surprise and made her lose her balance on the climbing frame, causing her to fall off. Taiyou made the ballsy move to protect her landing, but at the cost of snapping his right arm.

It was at the hospital where we finally say Taiyou's mother for the first time and you can tell that Taiyou gets her hyper optimistic personality from her. Still, she was very calm and reassuring to the upset Akane that Taiyou would make a full and speedy recovery and he would be back to normal before she knows it.

The next episode itself should be another wholesome and entertaining one as it'll be the field day in question. =)
May 21, 2023 6:34 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi gave his right arm for his gril
May 21, 2023 7:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Good ol school festivals, love ‘em no matter what, and seeing Nishimura and Takada enjoy one together sure was sweet, and Takada’s sister did look good in her maid outfit despite what her classmates said lol. And the bullies should honestly give up at this point, Takada is an impenetrable wall of rizz and only gets stronger with each attempt to break it lol, this is the thought that crossed my mind when Takada shut down their attempt to spread the rumor that they were dating with the fact it would be bragging lol.

And damn man, after such a nice bit where Nishimura and Takada enjoyed a nice view on top of the jungle gym it really hurt seeing Takada break his arm trying to save Nishimura, I broke my arm in elementary school as well and that definitely brought back memories lol. And of course this makes Nishimura very upset but this led to us learning that Takada’s mom is super honest just like Takada and she expertly cheered Nishimura up, love to see it. And now I wonder if we’ll get to see the play where Nishimura plays the witch or if that was something done off screen, I hope it’s something we get to see.
May 21, 2023 8:14 PM
Apr 2023
Goodness, this episode had a lot to take in. At first it was the typical sweetness that you'd expect from this show then suddenly ninjas are putting a bowl of onions at my face.
Takada still an OP unstoppable MC though. Best episode so far!
May 21, 2023 11:25 PM

Feb 2021
"A witch in a tank-top..." Never change, Hino-kun.
There's a scene after credits btw‎
May 21, 2023 11:53 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Well he handled getting hurt and breaking his bone like a man.. Unlike penaldo and LeMickey who cry like a baby every time someone breaths on them..

May 22, 2023 12:09 AM
Feb 2021
Songani4 said:
Takada is an example of how to fight bullying. 
I'm amazed, how the bullying trio never win in a speech, why Takada always finds 
a way to come back, with honesty and sincerity.

I think it's more his aura of goodness that defeats them
May 22, 2023 2:38 AM
Mar 2012
This episode had me crying a little lol
May 22, 2023 8:05 AM

Mar 2023
ok i did not expect him to break his arm. honestly i think that was the first romance/slice of life anime that had someone go to the hospital for something not depressing that ive seen. also this ep was fun to watch so ill give it a 10/10 once again
My Candys!

May 22, 2023 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
hope for speedy recovery of Taiyou! you're the man on saving Nishmura! 
broken bones? that's nothing cuz they heal faster when you're a kid ( lolz is that really true?)
4/5.

May 22, 2023 9:28 PM
Mar 2023
The Nishimura is setting the bar very high for children today, someone stop it, the "The Bodyguard" was sent but instead of Whitney Houston it was the Nishimura.
PS: Don't you dare want to pair the mother with her father because she rots the whole universe
May 23, 2023 3:55 AM
Jan 2013
Hnggg My heart/ 10.
This show really sets the bar high for those solo heronie shonen romance
genesic123May 23, 2023 4:11 AM

May 23, 2023 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
"A witch in a tank top?". laughed out loud for that line. Shotas mom was also really funny. They are 2 of a kind for sure.
May 23, 2023 5:06 PM

Mar 2008
For a moment I was worried Takada had broken his spine

Nishimura crying at the hospital made me tear up for how bad she felt.
May 26, 2023 6:07 PM

Aug 2019
This show is so adorable! >w<

I'm legit going to be so sad once this ends though ;_; There really haven't been many shows that have interested me this season, but this was great!
May 27, 2023 5:54 AM
Feb 2023

The moment when Nishimura didn't blush.
fabiandewa19May 27, 2023 6:27 AM

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
May 27, 2023 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
fabiandewa19 said:

The moment when Nishimura didn't blush.

That is indeed true.
May 28, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2022
well i liked it at least
Jun 8, 2023 4:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was all cute until he broke his arm, but even in this case it's nothing too terrible, I like Taiyo's mother ahah
Jul 3, 2023 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
That crack sound almost gave me a heartattack, well at least Takada now has a Dark dragon or whatever sealed in that arm.

Sep 12, 2023 9:21 PM

Apr 2016
Not him saying it would be like bragging, this kid xD also Hino and his crusade for tank tops.

When he broke his arm I just thought those bullies would blame her but I got a sweet moment from Takada's mom, which helps to explain why he is the way he is.
Oct 7, 2023 2:06 AM

Dec 2022
Takada really has a knack for twisting someone's words against them. He would have a really bright future if he became a politician.
Jan 28, 3:58 AM

Mar 2015
I know they're just kids but I still can't stand the bullying lol. Thankfully Takada is the master of word plays and gaslights his opposition.
Mar 15, 4:10 AM

Dec 2022
Taiyou really takes after his mum, even more so than Yukiko, surprisingly.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OG_Otaku - Apr 16, 2023

61 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 30, 2023

54 by DebiPS »»
Apr 6, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

84 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Embient - Jun 11, 2023

50 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 15, 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.