Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The Astronomy Club's alumnus Yui Shiromaru is officially introduced!

Nakami and Magari fill out their official club applications, and Nakami becomes president due to Magari being in the swimming club. Though with Kurashiki-sensei, the only record is with the alumni Yui Shiromaru winning a competition, and nothing more. Sending the both of them to Wakura-onsen to find the almunus in an area that is hard to locate, it's only when they pass this discreet building that houses an arcade inside, that they find the said manager girl. Her house of a container and her cat Rollo, it's filled with camera, cinematic photos...and her bra of all things lols. The only member left after her seniors left Kuyo High, she has the observatory all to herself, and helps Nakami to finetune his photography skills, because his skills depend on Yui teaching them, only at nighttime to get the best pictures through adjustments of the focus from ISO to the F-stop a.k.a. aperture. At least Yui will come back to school and see them, so all's good.

A day aft her swimming club, and Magari comes to the meeting to discuss about plans for the club. An observatory viewing party would be nice, but despite being loners themselves, they're willing to do it. Also, the upcoming photograph contest would pay dividends thanks to Yui also teaching them the ropes, but they'll have to do it regardless, and in the process, have fun from their sleeplessness to capture some great photos. Rollo following Yui to the Nanao Castle ruins to take night photo-esque shots, glad to see the skill in her, and like Yuru Camp, camp outside while documenting her night. The pressure of Yui wanting to send a photo, and Rollo helps her send a photo late in the night, and it's a gaze for the eyes for the night owl insomniacs.

Such a good time to take photos, in the dead of night.
KANLen09Apr 24, 2023 10:57 AM
Apr 24, 2023 9:14 AM

Apr 2016
While not something one thinks on a regular basis, i must say that the astrology club truly is the best place to be for those suffering from insomnia ... while a hard place for those who kinda just want to slack off during night, lol ...

But still, our mains are taking their applications seriously (or they are forced to if they want to stay, lol), visiting a former astrology club member, getting some help, advice and focus, but also, a new friend :)
Apr 24, 2023 9:31 AM
May 2022
People who enjoy astrophotography are going to enjoy this series. Also it's funny to see Isaki covering Ganta's eyes from seeing Yui's underwear lol.

Also, Ganta is now a handyman, chef, and club president. That's a pretty good resume.
Apr 24, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
okay, now we have some Yuru Camp here). and more cats :3
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Apr 24, 2023 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
Man, as a night lover and a photographer (not as a pro, ofc xD) this anime is really feeding my interests.
Apr 24, 2023 9:45 AM

Mar 2021
It's nice to Nakami and Magari working so well together and the pictures that Yui Senpai took was just amazing
Apr 24, 2023 9:47 AM
Sep 2015
Thanks to computational photography, most shot can be done in smartphone. I feel like they're too lost in camera that it might turn into photography club, there has to be a unique feature of astronomy club.
Apr 24, 2023 9:49 AM
May 2022
Nymbris said:
Man, as a night lover and a photographer (not as a pro, ofc xD) this anime is really feeding my interests.
Shiromaru explaining shutter speed, ISO and F-Stop was really tickled my photography bones. Makoto Ojiro does her research, that is for sure.
Apr 24, 2023 10:02 AM
Dec 2021
Nymbris said:
This screenshot is better tho

Apr 24, 2023 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
Camping gears: checked
Scooter: checked
Curry cup ramen: !!?? Where!? Where is it??!

Betty Game Center(Yui's home) is here: https://goo.gl/maps/oHF4h4DGvNqRM7oB6
The spot where Yui took a photo at late night is here: https://goo.gl/maps/2SPo5V36i3t85N2s8

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 24, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2019
Phew... I was finally able to find time to watch today's episode cuz of my personal stuff. Aside from that, an amazing episode. Shiromaru is such an adorable Senpai and she's such a nice person. She's helping both my idiots with the Club. Nakami is still learning how to handle Cameras.

Another chill episode with Shiromaru being the main focus of today's episode. Can't wait to see more of her. Nakami will be preparing for the competition even tho he's a newbie.
Apr 24, 2023 10:39 AM
May 2021
The new character senpai is also so interesting...
Apr 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 2019
This was such a lovely episode! I'm loved every second!
Apr 24, 2023 10:51 AM

Oct 2022
really great episode.. The astronomy club is required to compete in  a photography contest.to get financed. .. i liked there are more cute cats.

One of the few anime this season that shows a pure passion towards a hobby. 

Apr 24, 2023 11:01 AM
Dec 2020
The episode is just... so beautiful and soothing. I can't wait to see more activies from the astronomy club. When Shiromaru teaches them how to shoot the stars, the memory of me trying out the same some years ago kicks in, it is 100% the same procedures and I can relate to the feel of accomplishment.
Apr 24, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2020
This is quite a relaxing anime so far, and seeing Nakami and Magari, along with the senpai introduced this episode in Yui Shiromaru, pursuing their hobbies with such passion is pretty nice to see. I did find some of the facts around photography to be quite interesting as well, and I hope Nakami can get the hang of it for the club and for the upcoming competition. Some of the nighttime shots that they took in the episode were quite stunning, and for any photographers out there watching this show, it must be have been quite awesome to look at.

I will say, however, that I feel like the nighttime atmosphere could be even better, but what we have got so far in this show has not been bad at all. I hope the show can get a little more engaging though later on though, with more photography taking place.
Apr 24, 2023 11:16 AM

Apr 2019
This threw me back to Koisuru Asteroid, love the astronomy, i love this show.
Apr 24, 2023 12:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yui is a great addition, especially when it comes to night itself, she really expected them to sleep at that time xD But taking photos will be easier now and the club has scheduled activities already
Apr 24, 2023 12:52 PM

May 2021
I wondered where they are going to take this plot line. Not a bad direction I thing. It's peaceful and wholesome while not being over the top. Breath of fresh air.
Apr 24, 2023 1:01 PM

Mar 2022
see, its perfectly possible to create a story, a very good one at that, that involves japanese high schoolers that aren't totaly emotionaly and socialy handicaped.
I'm enjoying this immensely and yuru camp throwback is just a cherry on top of already delicious cake. You need cup ramen for those solo camps tho ;) 

Apr 24, 2023 1:16 PM

Jan 2021
Isaki & Ganta officially are filling out their club applications. Ganta is now officially the club leader of the Astronomy Club. Yui hears them talking about the Astronomy Club in the hallway and he is awed by it.

Isaki & Ganta go to find some help but they get lost in the way lol, but they finally find the building they're looking for and its an arcade and Yui works there as well, they are trying to get help from Yui for the club. Yui cooks some food first and then she decides to help them out with the club since she was the only one left in the previous years. Yui explains to Ganta how the camera works, from lighting to resolution and a lot more to take some sharper photos of the starry sky. Isaki is still part of the swimming club and she trains hard but then gets tired and wants to go to the observatory but there she comes across Ganta & Yui, even the teacher is there. The teacher is giving Ganta an form for an competition but Ganta feels like he's not ready but Yui says that he's ready so yeah. It's nice that Yui brought some stuff, like a tent and whatnot.

It was a nice shot in the episode to see Isaki & Ganta walk together under the starry sky. Yui is closing the shop for the night and packs in her stuff but her cat won't let her go so she takes the cat with her, she sets up her equipment and gets ready for the shots while making delicious pancakes for herself, she's happy that she took so many shots and that they turned out great for her. Yui is nervous to send the photo from what she took with her camera and the cat comes helping by moving her hand to the send button and she sends the image and Isaki & Ganta are amazed by it, which makes Yui happy.

Apr 24, 2023 1:21 PM
May 2017
Does anybody know if the manga it is already finished? i need to know how it is going to continue, they are making so incredibly well that i cannot wait.
Apr 24, 2023 1:31 PM

May 2020
Don't know but the way senpai sounded kinda surprised me lol. I didn't expect a voice this deep.

Though anyways to stay, they need the results, and so meteor shower assignment is the target. But before that there's plenty to learn about photography, and Nakami will, through many means.
Apr 24, 2023 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Since no one has said it, if not for confirmation I would have thought Shiromaru senpai would have had that whole "androgynous" look going on.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 24, 2023 1:45 PM
May 2022
Hector77 said:
Does anybody know if the manga it is already finished? i need to know how it is going to continue, they are making so incredibly well that i cannot wait.
Manga is still ongoing. It either keeps the same consistent quality or gets better. There has never been a dip in quality at all imo.
Apr 24, 2023 2:07 PM
May 2017
DiamondDimoDaddy said:
Hector77 said:
Manga is still ongoing. It either keeps the same consistent quality or gets better. There has never been a dip in quality at all imo.

Mmmm maybe will give a chance to the manga after the season (if i can resist until then XDD). Thanks
Apr 24, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
Thanks to computational photography, most shot can be done in smartphone. I feel like they're too lost in camera that it might turn into photography club, there has to be a unique feature of astronomy club.

They’re learning the basics of looking at the stars, so using a camera before a telescope makes sense. Plus the photography contest seems to be the first arc of the show anyway
Apr 24, 2023 2:38 PM
Oct 2021
Insomniacs is one of my favourites this season, I love the characters in this and the night sky was so beautiful in this episode!! We have to thank the animators for such a beautiful anime, unfortunately it seems like it's getting overlooked.
Apr 24, 2023 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
ISO 5000? Lolwut? Even on full frame camera it wouldn't be a good idea to set the ISO so high. Especially that his lens is able to do f2.8 and set the shutter speed to 20s.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 24, 2023 3:13 PM

Jul 2016
Wasn't expecting Shiromaru to have such a deep voice... or to be older than our main duo. Really caught me off guard.

Great episode. Lots of Yuru Camp/Koisuru Asteroid vibes here and there.
Apr 24, 2023 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
Very comfy, good, I enjoy this show.
Apr 24, 2023 3:40 PM
Aug 2020
I really enjoyed the vibe, the protagonist are getting closer and now i can do better pictures of the sky…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 24, 2023 4:12 PM
Mar 2015
Senpai helped them out a lot
Apr 24, 2023 4:14 PM

Dec 2016
Still not sure how to feel about this show. It tries to do plenty of stuff other shows have done before with more accent, but in here it just feels like a watered down version. Not particularly interested in any of the characters so far (I was hoping that a 3rd main character would make me interested, but it really didn't)
Apr 24, 2023 4:57 PM

Apr 2022
well this episode was more about building up the astronomy club instead of them sleeping, makes sense. don't know if it'll stay this way always.
liked the food scenes though and the night does hit different.
Apr 24, 2023 5:45 PM

Mar 2018
This is sooooooo Yuru Camp. Amazing.
Apr 24, 2023 5:48 PM
Sep 2020
That ep was cute!

A bit slow, but still wholesome nonetheless :). It's cool to see the astrology club slowly becoming a thing again! They are making a lot of progress and Yui is a great addition to the club ^^. Ready to see how much more the club grows !
˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ☆ ★ ✮ ★ ☆
Apr 24, 2023 6:03 PM

Jul 2017
I really liked Yui Shiromaru from the manga so glad to see her personality carry over here in the anime. Another pleasant episode as a whole, lots of information about photography here that Ganta and even Isaki learned through their fellow night owl senpai of theirs.
Apr 24, 2023 6:20 PM

Feb 2020
hmm nice arcade they got there... Taiko no Tatsujin, iidx, Gitadora, Chunithm, think I saw SDVX even! cultured rhythm games.

good episode.
Apr 24, 2023 6:33 PM

May 2018
This is slowly getting better I think, but so far I'm not really emotionally invested on it. Well, let's see, I think each episode is slightly better than the other...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 24, 2023 6:39 PM
Mar 2018
More Yui Shiromaru, please!
Apr 24, 2023 6:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wasn’t expecting this to go full SoL on the astronomy but I really like it, I haven’t learned about astronomy from anime since “Asteroid in Love” back in Winter 2020 so it’s nostalgic too. Shiromaru ended up being a really good source of info and now our two person astronomy club has a better idea on how to get good pictures of the stars.

I also like the addition of Shiromaru, she’s interesting and I really loved her bit near the end where she was just chilling while getting pictures, as well as enjoying a pancake which made me want a pancake lol. The aspect that she manages an arcade is cool too, I wonder if she’s also a gamer. And I’m ngl I was kinda confused when she said that high schoolers shouldn’t be at the arcade after school, when are they supposed to be at the arcade then, during school? Lol.
Apr 24, 2023 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
Man this episode really did it for me.

The introduction of Yui-senpai I thought was weird at first but she is the driving point behind the Astronomy club doing multiple activities.

It also gives her a chance to experience the Club with members since she was left alone.

It hit me hard when she mentioned she never did club activities with others because she was always alone.

Along with that we see Ganta taking control of the President role. But where will it go from here?

Really looking forward to more.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 24, 2023 7:17 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yuru camp indeed, but this time with some night photography. ISO 5000 might make your shot kind of noisy though. Also I definitely wouldn't mind a buttery pancake cooked in a cast iron skillet right about now.

Idk if this was there before, but there's a brief shot of some characters in a hospital in the op. We must be prepared.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 24, 2023 7:20 PM
Apr 2021
I’m sorry but…….SHIROHARU IS SO GODDAMN CUTE/ADORABLE😩😭🥺😭😩 I love her short white hair and how she’s cool calm and collected until she starts panicking about messaging a groupchat with high schoolers in it💀😭😭
Apr 24, 2023 7:31 PM
Jan 2023
nooooooo I thought this is finally the series where all the characters' hair colors are natural...

anyway the addition of the senpai is great, even though she has white hair
Apr 24, 2023 7:46 PM
May 2017
HueyLion said:
Since no one has said it, if not for confirmation I would have thought Shiromaru senpai would have had that whole "androgynous" look going on.

The brassière delivers the opposite I think about Yui.

Yui is as delicate as pretty.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 24, 2023 7:57 PM
Mar 2020
Look out folks, a new Shima Rin just dropped...and this one likes cats! Shiromaru is perfect from the moment she walks onto the screen.

Notable moments:
- an astronomy show has a shot with a crescent moon that has a star in the middle of it--or is that the ghost standing there waving down?
- observatory cat checks out shiromaru. have they met before?
- the teacher's face when asked what the club should do. what a great deadpan take.
- two different iyashikei-esque eating scenes. i wouldn't mind this going full iyashikei tbh.
- Rollo is way too smart to be just some cat: makes it clear he wants to go with and then makes her send the photo. coincidence?
Apr 24, 2023 8:27 PM

Sep 2021
Shiromaru-Senpai makes this show twice as good all by herself! She sure is a hillarious introvert.

Thanks to her, this episode was much better than the first (too much drama) and the second (too boring). Shiromaru brings in some much needed comedy and her interactions with Nakami finally give him some personality.

I'll stick with this show for now, perhaps it does have more to offer than beautiful sceenery. Even though I don't really know how they will replicate the success of this episode yet. It was really just Shiromaru that carried here. But perhaps it can suprise me again.
Apr 24, 2023 9:39 PM
Nov 2022
How I love this calm and relaxing aura that this anime gives...

I really didn't expect Nakami to take things so seriously, I like the guy´s actittude.

Another character, I really like her, I thought she would have a classic annoying self-centered attitude but luckily she didn't.

I look forward to the next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.