Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2023 2:06 PM

Jun 2022
Who is your favorite character and why? What do you like most about it and what do you dislike? You liked the personality, the story, or maybe the look or something else?

hioriskiApr 6, 2023 9:16 AM
Apr 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
22 Saber (Fate Series) Gifs - Gif Abyss

The King of Knights, she is the object of aspiration for all true Britons. She is blessed by the lady of the lake, a perfect king mean to shoulder the responsibility of delivering England the ideal nation - one that is not a threat to others, but one that is capable to thwarting all threats from other nations. 

In her hands she wields the Holy Sword of the Planet Excalibur, the sword of power, the sword of destiny. 

Saber | Wiki | Anime Amino

She is truly the greatest King to ever live. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 5, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2021
The one and only Eren Yeager.  Why? His journey from when we start with him, we grew up with Eren, seen all his struggles, his ideals, his happiness, ambitions, failures, we know everything about Eren, we feel for Eren. His ambition and drive to complete his plan is inspiring, he will do anything for his people. For as much of a badass he became my favorite thing about him is his failures, he knows he's wrong, Eren is not a demon with no feelings he feels bad for all destruction he caused, he's a flawed character. A character like Lelouch felt perfect, too perfect, while they similarly had the same ambitions, Lelouch was written to be perfect, Eren was not.
Apr 5, 2023 2:46 PM

Apr 2022
Homura because she has a cool transformation
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Apr 5, 2023 3:46 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Maki zenin is my favorite and she is My goddess, I worship her.. She is my religion.. She gives me the reason and strength to live on

Apr 5, 2023 4:24 PM

Jul 2021
Rika from Higurashi because she's my waifu
wizdom224Apr 5, 2023 4:30 PM
Apr 5, 2023 10:55 PM

May 2019
My favorite character is Leina Vance from Queen's Blade because she's blonde, brave, badass, sexy, resolute, unwavering and wears a fantasy bikini armor.
Apr 5, 2023 11:00 PM

Feb 2020
Toshino Kyouko from Yuru Yuri. She's so hilarious. :3

SerafosApr 6, 2023 12:32 AM
Apr 6, 2023 12:24 AM

Dec 2013
Elias Ainsworth "Mahoutsukai no Yome".

He is a mentor character, my favorite archetype.
His design, forms he takes and his several nicknames.
His personality, background and kindness.
He bought a person at an auction.
He doesn't need to adopt human values, but he does because it helps him learn and grow.
He is willing to be underhanded, even if it doesn't always work out.
Apr 6, 2023 12:30 AM

May 2019
Serafos said:
Toshino Kyouko from Yuru Yuri

'The most wholesomest tomato girl.
Apr 6, 2023 12:33 AM

Oct 2020
Griffith . Cause i have never seen a better written antagonist or character than griffith . also cause he is an angel
Apr 6, 2023 1:17 AM

Sep 2021

https://myanimelist.net/character/146166/Xue_Ya_Lin
aka Rin Setsua, he's the absolute mastermind troll. His calling in life is to break the spirit of villains by messing with them. He'll mess with heroes and bystanders, too, if it fits into his plan. His weapons are deceit, illusion, and guile. You feel bad for the villains he sets his eyes on, because you know they are screwed.
Apr 6, 2023 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
Tohru Kobayashi is my spirit animal. I've always found her relatable.
Apr 6, 2023 1:52 AM

Dec 2020
My favorite character is Chika Takami because she is PEAK main character in all of fiction.
I like everything about her. What I dislike about her? Well, I only dislike one thing about her... it's that she's being used as a futa girl to f*ck the other girls in LL doujins which is not my cup of tea.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM

Jul 2021
eren. why? cuz he's fucking based that's why.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 6, 2023 2:11 AM

Nov 2022
CC, I even wrote a blog on MAL about reasons why, you can check it out. It is one of the first ones.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Apr 6, 2023 2:26 AM

Dec 2020

My personal favourite character ever is Emiya Shirou not from the anime but the visual novel, so here's an analysis on his character:-
(Spoilers for Fate stay night ahead)

First let's talk about his origin. His origin is sword which is his 'alignment' basically what he is good at and I honestly think a lot of people don't see the difference which is ignorant when you defend his actions.

Origin is the starting point that defines one's existence and directs one's actions throughout life. It is the driving force that comes from within the Root that has managed to stream out of the Source and take on material form. The form it can take on at times is that of a human being, and all humans match their actions to be in harmony with the driving force that originated them from the moment they enter into the world.

These actions are more along the lines of an inherent compulsion that could be called a person's instinct rather than a conscious decision. If a person becomes awakened to their Origin, it becomes nearly impossible to stray from their Origin if it's even possible in the first place. It becomes an impulsive behaviour one would follow as though it were an absolute order. You can see this in the Kara no Kyoukai movies.

Now Shirou's 'Origin' is swords. And what is a sword fundamentally? A tool. To be used to protect, defend, kill if necessary. To be used and abused and discarded once it can no longer serve its purpose.

When I learned this it really made me realize why a Hero of Justice really resonated with Shirou cause that is more or less in line with his origin which changed when Avalon was put in Shirou.

Now let's talk about his background and how he came to be the person he is. He was one of the only survivors of a terrible fire where he essentially lost his self and became an empty husk of a person. He was saved by Kiritsugu and became his adopted son. He has admired Kiritsugu and his way of life ever since.

Everyone in the world wants to be happy and so does Shirou but his way of being happy is very different. Shirou has survivors guilt and this guilt makes it much harder for him to be happy so the only way he can allow himself to be happy without guilt is the same way he saw Kiritsugu be truly happy when he saved Shirou. He felt that the only way he could be happy was to copy Kiritsugu because at the time Shirou was empty and his role model in life was Kiritsugu.

The moment which cemented his way of life was when he promised Kiritsugu that he was going to become a Hero of justice that Kiritsugu never became and Kiritsugu dying at the end of that scene must have left another huge scar on his mind.

Now, let's talk about the events of Fate Stay Night:-

First I'd like to mention that once you get used to his character you can see that he's a pretty lovable character with some of his goofy scenes and how sarcastic he can be in his monologues (most of this is cut out in the anime). His chemistry with the three heroines are great, especially with Rin in my personal opinion.

Now, this is getting really long so I'll keep other stuff short.

All 3 routes are different ways that Shirou can develop from where he started-
Fate route- embracing your Ideal
UBW route- following your ideals while knowing your limits and trying to be happy
Heaven's feel route- Abandoning your ideals for the person you love

Another misconception I'd like to clear that a lot of people have about the Archer vs Shirou fight in UBW is that Shirou winning is some kind of asspull which it definitely is not because Shirou was not stronger than Archer in that fight and the only reason he won was because Archer, faced with his younger self realised that he still believed that the ideals he had before giving up were still beautiful.
L-Arc-en-CielApr 6, 2023 4:13 AM

Apr 6, 2023 4:06 AM

Oct 2020
Anjou Naruko is iconic 
Her style is unmatched and she is a y2k fashion queen 
Beyond that, I think she's a pretty relatable character in the sense that she's initially very reserved about her interest in Pokemon-esque video games 

Apr 6, 2023 4:15 AM

Dec 2020
my favourite character is kamina and my reasoning is because he's kamina, he's also just a really cool hype guy i love him
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Apr 6, 2023 5:31 AM

Aug 2018
Mizore from the Hibike series. Highly relatable personality and someone you can empathize with. Nice and simple look and design.
Apr 6, 2023 6:33 AM

Feb 2018
Konomi Yuzuhara (To Heart 2, 2004) Why? because she's my Wife♥

Apr 6, 2023 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
Marin Kitagawa because she's pretty, sweet, confident, and passionate about hobbies and things in general. Best Waifu 

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Apr 6, 2023 7:05 AM

Aug 2019
If I had to choose one then, I'd pick Subaru Natsuki... And yes I like him precisely because he's a flawed character unlike some cardboard ones

Apr 6, 2023 8:17 AM

Aug 2020

On topic:
It's hard to pick one, but probably Hikari from Digimon Adventure?

I always liked how thoughtful and smart she was, even at a young age, with a lot of empathy and not wanting to be a burden. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be just like her 🤭 Even growing up, I remained fond of her, her true friendship with Miyako, the classy way she handled the guys crushing on her, and so on. Looking back as an adult, I'm happy I had such a responsible, gentle rolemodel in her. I also feel like children like her (who are very capable on their own, and sometimes do mess up but try not to make a big deal out of it) are pretty underrepresented in anime, so I appreciate her even more for that 😊
Apr 6, 2023 8:36 AM

Apr 2018
its artoria pendragon from fate/stay night. the reason may sound weird, but its because she wants to erase herself from history. 
Apr 6, 2023 8:42 AM

Jul 2020
Emilia and Ishigami.

Both have rather dark pasts of being rejects of society and shunned by the people around them. Both have in one way or another found the strength needed to leave that past behind and be better people.
Apr 6, 2023 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
Because making her perform various song by Britney Spears (via AMVs) is never not amusing.

Also, because her default weapon in Peach Beach Splash is a sniper rifle.

Apr 7, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2018

frieren because she is magirl, the way the author draw her facial expression especially  made her appealing 
still having great time with my stuff
Apr 7, 2023 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Kei Tsushima of "MUSICUS". I became too immersed in his thoughts. Besides, I can relate to him a lot.
Apr 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Jun 2021
Edward Elric. Ultimate Best Boy along with Zack Fair and Link. He's so darn well-written and deep. My childhood hero along with Saint Seiya and Future Trunks.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

25 by Gator »»
1 minute ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 10 minutes ago

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
2 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - Yesterday

41 by Kenzolo-folk »»
3 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

111 by Lucifrost »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.