Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2023 8:34 PM

Apr 2018
Why is Harem Anime so afraid of Harem?

Mar 28, 2023 8:39 PM

Oct 2017
Because if they can drag it out for as long as possible with "will they won't they" they can make more money by making 5000000000000000000000000 more episodes
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 28, 2023 8:51 PM

May 2018
Why don't you give more insight into your threads instead of just copying the title into the topic and make it as vague as possible? I mean, I don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 28, 2023 10:31 PM

Feb 2020
"Why is Harem Anime so afraid of Harem?"

Dunno.
Mar 28, 2023 10:43 PM

May 2019
i don't have an answer so i'll default to the only thing i really know: Big, Fat, Voluptuous, Round Anime Tiddies.
Mar 28, 2023 10:48 PM

Sep 2018
To pull off a harem the chics have to accept sharing the guy. When a girl is ok with the guy cheating, it really puts into question how much she actually cares about him. Love to guys is kind of like a domineering desire of ownership. To lack that desire is lacking the most fundamental part of a romance.

Harem end is more so a cope for the chics who failed to obtain the mc for themselves so they share him. Kind of sad in a way tbh.
In a way harem feals less about romance and more about a sexual power fantasy. Not saying it is bad, but both are totally different goals to put in a story. Pseudoharems and harems should have different tags imo.
rohan121Mar 28, 2023 10:56 PM
Mar 29, 2023 2:28 AM

Feb 2022
Because otaku society is filled with the unloved looking for romantic fulfillment hence a romantic monogamous ending for their kind. Chad chinese authors make harem endings in harem shows.
Mar 29, 2023 3:22 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah I've felt that in some harem anime's I managed to finish like 5-toubun no Hanayome

I guess it might feel indecisive from the author's POV to not pick a particular girl when they're concluding their story.
Mar 29, 2023 3:36 AM

Oct 2010
because it's safe to end it with an open ending than do the harem route and we all know that the anime industry likes safety above all else
remember what song was deleted from csm adaptation

we can't have denji saying stuff like that on tv
Mar 29, 2023 3:51 AM

Apr 2012
Because harem anime is basically made for ship teasing, not a harem fetish. Pure harem shows for the sake of a harem are actually quite rare.
Mar 29, 2023 4:05 AM

Nov 2018
They are afraid of harem because it's not haram.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 29, 2023 4:46 AM

Feb 2021
This is why Isekai Meikyuu is the greatest ecchi harem anime of all time. 
Mar 29, 2023 4:47 AM
Dec 2021
rohan121 said:
To pull off a harem the chics have to accept sharing the guy. When a girl is ok with the guy cheating, it really puts into question how much she actually cares about him. Love to guys is kind of like a domineering desire of ownership. To lack that desire is lacking the most fundamental part of a romance.

Harem end is more so a cope for the chics who failed to obtain the mc for themselves so they share him. Kind of sad in a way tbh.
In a way harem feals less about romance and more about a sexual power fantasy. Not saying it is bad, but both are totally different goals to put in a story. Pseudoharems and harems should have different tags imo.

True this. It’s a sad ending to the characters. And doing a full harem ending also makes it look… unrealistic. Polygamous marriages are mostly done for power, status or money, there’s no love involved, it might be later developed, but, I don’t see how those partners won’t try to get at each other(dangerously). Also how will you feel if the girl you’re dating has someone else who they consider a partner? Just Imagine it. What if they suddenly up and say they don’t want you anymore, or what if they care about the other person than you? How will you feel? Simply loving them is not enough to allow your partner to love someone else. So having a harem ending where every girl or boy accepts that relationship won’t make sense. Well, they can for comedic reasons.

Also, the author drag it out for the dough(and to avoid potential raging fans), he can’t have a girl winning so early until he wrings his fans dry.
LawrencwMar 29, 2023 4:53 AM
Mar 29, 2023 5:43 AM
Dec 2021
Fsadtl said:
Lawrencw said:

True this. It’s a sad ending to the characters. And doing a full harem ending also makes it look… unrealistic. Polygamous marriages are mostly done for power, status or money, there’s no love involved, it might be later developed, but, I don’t see how those partners won’t try to get at each other(dangerously). Also how will you feel if the girl you’re dating has someone else who they consider a partner? Just Imagine it. What if they suddenly up and say they don’t want you anymore, or what if they care about the other person than you? How will you feel? Simply loving them is not enough to allow your partner to love someone else. So having a harem ending where every girl or boy accepts that relationship won’t make sense. Well, they can for comedic reasons.

Also, the author drag it out for the dough(and to avoid potential raging fans), he can’t have a girl winning so early until he wrings his fans dry.

Thanks for telling us you can't separate fictional entertainment from real life situations.

Thanks for pointing out that you don’t want a little bit of realism in your fiction.

As I said, as a comedy, they can.
Mar 29, 2023 6:24 AM

Oct 2011
Sachyan said:
Why don't you give more insight into your threads instead of just copying the title into the topic and make it as vague as possible? I mean, I don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

I'd imagine it's for post counts to his topic so people can ask wtf it means then people like me replying to this as well or anyone else coming up with whatever the hell they want to what they think the topic means. Getting up that post count is serious business.
Mar 29, 2023 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
Because

1. It's more about shipping and make the fandom put themselves at each other throats of who is the best girl.

2. Because harem aren't made of love in real life putting them in a series unless there is a justification just seem completely out of place, how many religions do even approve harems?
Mar 29, 2023 11:30 PM

Jun 2007
Most don't adapt the full manga/LN story, and thus end before any kind of resolution is reached.
Mar 29, 2023 11:59 PM

Nov 2022
By the way when Labyrinth Harem becomes harem?

I am at episode 5 or 6 and still the same labyrinth with exact the same wood opponents. I think that show lost in its own labyrinth.

Different taste in women necessitates 5 heroines, one of each type.

Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Mar 30, 2023 1:09 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
If you have more than one waifu,it will ruin your lifeu

Mar 30, 2023 1:43 AM

Apr 2015
Sachyan said:

based bot noticer [the rest of this message is brought to you by character limit]
Mar 30, 2023 2:19 AM
Feb 2022
One thing I noticed is that if it's fantasy then harem is more likely otherwise since a lot of harems are set in pretty much Japan then there's the fact that monogamy is prevalent so they kinda use the same virtues. We know cheating is frowned upon in japan and a lot of heroines in harem wants to have the MC on their own.
Mar 30, 2023 3:09 AM

Jun 2017
Because harem anime is supposed to be about girls liking the same boy and the story progresses until somebody becomes "the chosen one". If the MC fucks everyone, according to the logic of harem anime it means choosing everyone.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Mar 30, 2023 3:19 AM

Jan 2021
Because they are afraid that it will be cancelled by twitter if they go the polygamy route.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 30, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2021
ThorLL said:
By the way when Labyrinth Harem becomes harem?

I am at episode 5 or 6 and still the same labyrinth with exact the same wood opponents. I think that show lost in its own labyrinth.

He gets a second girl in episode 11, and all others in the last minute and half of the last episode aka rushed as all hell and having an extremely bad advertisement since it showed all the girls beofrehand just to show them literally at the last minute.

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

54 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
35 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

17 by Shipfan66 »»
4 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 6 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
14 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.