Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2023 10:08 AM

Jul 2017
Well...the Team World Five is killing it with their Engrish, individuality and teamwork, and Team Blue Lock are finding it too hard on many levels to ever reach their depths, conceding in a complete 1-5 thrashing loss of the 1st assessment match, no matter how much they tried, even to Rin Itoshi, the brother of the U-20 player Itoshi Sae The investors getting cold feet about Ego's Blue Lock project that's spending in the millions, cancelling it would be best for an unclear aim and no visible results. But Ego HAS the proof to show them, and that'll come with time.

Isagi and the rest subjected to language studies for the 2nd assessment, because foreign language communication is just as important for any international player. But they don't have to wait for long, because of the 2nd Selection, the strongest 35 players have made their way through towards the 3rd Selection, forming the 7 teams of 5 people each: Isagi's team being 1st to clear...followed by his past 4-member team (plus Zanzetsu) being 2nd.

The rest of the teams are complete unknowns:
3rd team: Otoya Eita, Himizu Aiki, Yukimiya Kenyu, Yuzu Haruhiko & Karasu Tabito
4th team: Endoji Akira, Tsunzaki Taiga, Haiji Shizuka, Hiiragi Reji & Nanase Nijiro
5th team: Niko's team of himself, Ishikari Yukio, Hiori Yo, Saramadara Kairu & the injured Aomori's "Messi" Nishioka Hajime
6th team: Raichi, Gagamaru and Wanima's team of them trio, Tanaka Shingen & Shiguma Kyohei
Last but not least, 7th team: Igaguri's team of himself, Sokura Tetsu, Kurona Ranze, Reo himself, and Shidou Ryusei.

Sadly, Kunigami didn't make it as Shidou Ryusei mocks his exclusion booting him out, with Isagi almost popping out of anger in retaliation. No time to worry about those who did not pass, onwards to the next step: Japan's U-20 team vs. Blue Lock's Best 11 for the next Selection in 3 weeks, as Ego's retaliation to the soccer committee wanting to dissolve Blue Lock hard and fast...and Itoshi Sae will kickstart the Egoism that the world has yet seen.

The generation of people to change the world of Japanese soccer: Blue Lock. And the dream of becoming "the world's best striker" is not far from reach.

Blue Lock is Wild, and there's Season 2 and the spin-off Episode Nagi movie incoming!

https://twitter.com/BLUELOCK_PR/status/1639676014656892933?cxt=HHwWisDRhbyppsEtAAAA

KANLen09Mar 25, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 25, 2023 10:08 AM

May 2020
Yes bootleg Mbappe we got you, you’re fast but hey atleast don’t disrespect people that way lol. But hey he wasn’t the only one making fun of mister blue-lockers’, all of them did, with that ENGRSIH. Well you can say atleast Rin put up a fight, but still no running from inevitable. It’s the thrashing of the highest degree, and world five cruised to victory. Though it’s still the process for a big goal.. the U20 tournament. 

But hey first learn some english before that cause yeah, that’s a necessity. Though now onto those who passed this selection, 7 teams which equates to 35 players. Some old pals are back and some new too. Please try to memorize their faces though because we’ll get many of them going forward.

Now there’s one entity who definitely has eaten the place of a certain someone, Shidou Ryusei. Words like edgy can’t even begin to define him, have to look up in the dictionary for a special term. Though that’s it, Kunigami out and Shidou in. The U20 tournament will be next season, a good point to stop.

It’s over for now, but sequel will certainly come. This adaptation made sure that will be the case after all.  So yeah entertaining six months.
Mar 25, 2023 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
I'm gonna be honest here when I started this show and the pilot episode of this show really didn't hook me that much since I was hoping for actual football and not some dumb idea of making the best striker out of all the players in Japan but gradually this show started turning into much more enjoyable. I never thought I'd enjoy it this much. I hated the fact that there was no teamwork and everyone was playing for themselves but it has teamwork just in its own way. LOL

This show is just dumb fun. If you're an actual football player, you might find this offensive but if you can just close your brain while watching this show, I can assure you this show is really fun to watch. I didn't think I'd look forward to the second season of this show but here I am. Can't wait.

NOOOOOOO... Ichigo!!! I wanted him to be here so badly... A big special match will be there in the next season, it seems like. Can't wait for it. Also... wanna see more of Itoshi. There's so much to look forward to. Really enjoyed it.
Mar 25, 2023 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
This episode finale looks like it wants to push the Blue Lock project to the next level with the 1st clear team. No wonder they decided to pair up Yoichi with a bunch of other guys with similar ego.

Not going to lie though, this episode was more comical than the others, for a finale at least. I had expected more intense attitude but it seems the anime is taking itself with an easy care. At this point though, Yoichi truly evolved into a class of his own imo, and I believe he will keep on improving. 
Mar 25, 2023 10:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I remember seeing the hype for this series prior to the broadcast, and I was wondering if 8bit would be delivering the goods here, but thankfully, it's safe to say that it was indeed the case for Season 1, and now here's to hoping for the same over in Season 2.

Of course, the World team wasn't going to just let our main characters take the limelight for long given how the last episode ended. And boy, did they give them a hammering! No wonder the higher-ups nearly tried to shut the project down immediately afterward. God, the Engrish was so hard to make out though, I'd rather have them speak Japanese xD. 

Ego-san promising to show results in a big game against the U-20 Japan national team was handled really well. Straightforward and blunt as ever, that's Ego-san in a nutshell for you. It's not going to be an easy task though, I look forward to seeing what other crazy situations and exercises he'll come up with.

Learning English from Rin after the match, that's progress which is a little off, xD. 7 teams and 35 players to the third selection, now that's some weeding out from the initial 275 players. Chigiri, Barou and Nagi coming out of the blocks like that and the heavy rock ost in the background, you only get that in Shounen. It looks like most of the original group of Isagi is still alive, but it's sad that Kunigami couldn't make it. Ryusei as a potential antagonist? Well, they'll certainly have to find a way to accommodate him if they're to have a fighting chance against the national U-20 team, I imagine.

It's such a nasty way to end the season, good lord. A few new characters revealed, I wonder what sort of role they'll be getting in due time. Well, at least there's a second "phase" and movie to look forward to now. I'm really going to miss the 2nd Op though, I found that to be a banger! Yoichi's improvement over the course of the season was massive, feels like there's an endless room for improvement for him...

Solid 8/10 from here!

Source for continuation: https://twitter.com/BLUELOCK_PR/status/1639676014656892933

Hopefully, not too much of a wait for them. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2023 10:38 AM
Oct 2022
AMAZINGGG I WAS NOT EXPECTING FOR ISAGIS TEAM TO LOSE BUT ANYTHING WORKS IG!
Mar 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
Solid ending for the first season of Blue Lock. We've finally got to see Shidou and the rest of the new comers. it's time for the U-20 arc and I really thought they'd make a movie about it, but seems like it's better for Nagi's episode to be adapted into a movie. I can't complain much, we've got a second season! 8bits managed to capture the manga quite well, but sadly the animation was most of the time average. So many still frames, we've only got a few good moments. But the sound effects and the art style were superb.

8/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 25, 2023 11:00 AM
Sep 2015
No "Additional Time" this time, but never mind, just look into these cute moments within the actual episode:

Adam Blake: "I've got no interest in male bodies"
Pablo Cabassos: Hug Adam from behind after the match end

And my favorite is what Leonardo Luna said to Rin
"If you open your legs that easily, people are gonna think you're a loose guy"

100 million yen is very cheap compare to the fanservice these world five give to me, and people think I'm crazy that I think there's something, or many things, happened in the locker room, 

Too bad about Kunigami, I've a thing for his muscle, but look like hero time is over, now it's villain time, welcome, Shidou Ryusei.
Mar 25, 2023 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
Good 1st season, turned out to be better than I thought it would be, although it could have some cringe moments at times.
Nice setup for a sequal, I suppose if they become the U 20 team the anime will become a "regular" sports anime?
Mildly excited to see what will happen.
Mar 25, 2023 11:06 AM

Oct 2022
At last, they still didn't won against the World's Top 5 which was obvious.

But rather got the chance to enter the National Football Team.

This was my first experience of a football anime and look forward to a season 2.

8/10 season (imo!)
Mar 25, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2022
5/10 for me.
Would have rated it 6/10 if these lines didn't exist:
"In soccer, the one who scores the most is the greatest "🤡
"Soccer exists for strikers" WTF?💀
Mar 25, 2023 11:08 AM

May 2020
I loved this way more than I thought I would
blue lock is amazing
and can't wait for season 2 
finally, the u20 arc will be adapted
season 2 is gonna be so good
I need more of this
this was a solid 9/10
Homura24Mar 25, 2023 11:21 AM

Mar 25, 2023 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Shidou hype!

Man this adaptation was a blast regardless of animation that wasn't always at the top of the game. The intense direction made up for that imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2023 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Nice way to end with Isagi's monologue. Sad to see only a few members from Team Z made it. It looks like we'll be introduced to some new characters in the next part. Can't wait to see Isagi take on the Japan U-20 team and the world. Let's go, striker!
Mar 25, 2023 11:13 AM
Nov 2020
SHIDOU IS FINALLY HERE
Mar 25, 2023 11:14 AM

Dec 2020
That monologue at the end bruh...yeah sure football exists for strikers lol
Mar 25, 2023 11:14 AM

Feb 2019
this is fucking peak
Mar 25, 2023 11:26 AM
May 2021
PEAK LOCK!!!!! 🔥 ep & gasssed for s2 + a movie?!!! Turn me the fck up.
Mar 25, 2023 11:29 AM
Dec 2020
get this anime next season release as soon as possible again please the people who have seen it can't live without it the week starts off after seeing the blue lock episode please release it as soon as possible
Mar 25, 2023 11:31 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
They got massacred by The World Five. 

SHIDOU IS HERE!!! Man, Blue Lock has some awesome character designs.

Season 2 U-20 match hype!!
Mar 25, 2023 11:37 AM
Sep 2018
great damn anime now all i have to do is wait for the next season
Mar 25, 2023 11:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
35 players pass the round, with surprises!!

Well, waiting for a second season!!! kekeke

8/10
Mar 25, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2021
So can someone tell me the ranking list for end of season 1?
Mar 25, 2023 11:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
At last, the answer to the question of how would a match against the World Five end so quickly was simple: they are the supposed World Five so it makes sense. That 17 year old guy is probably based on Mbappe, but the rest can be either generic or fantastical representations. Also, the Engrish class bit was probably the only instance during the anime where I actually laughed, at Rin specifically dealing with the rest. Other than that, we got a glimpse at what comes next and who made it through, having Kunigami as a loss but I don't believe he'll be completely forgotten.

As a result, I found the anime to be entertaining but at times way too stick up its own ass. In other words, the matches were tense, the movements were certainly out of the ordinary and the animation to portray them kept up to the task. However, each time it professed anything about football theory (yes, not soccer, football) it came out bland and full of holes. I guess it's part of its charm but consequently some of the dialogue lines came out cringeworthy or in a manner hard to take in. And as I anticipated earlier, it didn't even do its humour parts right.

Regardless, I had a good time overall and am looking forward to see if this gets a continuation depending on how much needs to be adapted. I just hope it doesn't become too edgy... and it has an opening sequence as bopping as the second one.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 25, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
Blue Lock is down to 35 players from the total of 300 at first eh

the second season will be more hype since its the game between Blue Lock and Japan Team with Sae Itoshi
Mar 25, 2023 11:55 AM

Jan 2021
Kunigami should’ve went through it’s not right man they can’t let him go like that anyway this was fun to watch on the weekly I’m definitely excited for the next season
Mar 25, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2017
As expected they got massacred by the World Five after their first goal, it's a good way to show the skill gap is still huge among the two teams

And I'm also digging this whole "Ego didnt initially planned this" match between BL 11 vs Japan U-20, really shows how much he's burning taxpayers money and is getting called out on it
Mar 25, 2023 12:02 PM

Oct 2022
Whyyyy whyyyy kunigami 😭😭 i liked him 😭

👻🎃 🎃👻

Mar 25, 2023 12:04 PM

Aug 2014
Man, that's sad. The goalkeeper didn't turn out to be someone cool like I thought he would :'(
Also, didn't expect Kunigami to leave!!
The small guy is definitely Mbappe or at least heavily inspired by him. Almost a 1 to 1 replica.
All in all, this was probably the best sports anime in quiet a while and argubly the best football one. Might be even better than Giant Killing.
Hoping for more soon.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 25, 2023 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Very unfortunate news regarding Kunigami...

Excellent season all around, already excited for the next one! 😁⚽️
Mar 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Jan 2021
Well it was to be expected that they would lose against the top 5, but Rin didn't want to give up so easily and still lost 5-1. 

I'm glad to see some players returning from the previous episodes, they made it through the selections, I do feel bad for Kunigami who didn't make it through. It looks like they now will fight against the U-20 and one of them is Rin's brother, so that will be interesting. 

Intense episode and I can't wait what S2 will bring.
Mar 25, 2023 12:14 PM
Jun 2021
so many irrelevant characters are selected , but kunigami is eliminated, almost all characters in blue lock are edgy , so kunigami personality gave a breath of fresh air feel. so my rating for this anime is 5/10 instead of 8/10 since its just gang of edgy characters now.
NAC2Mar 25, 2023 12:22 PM
Mar 25, 2023 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
To many char but they all at the end stood out. Can't wait to see how far these characters go or how they burn out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2018
zero_uchiha said:
5/10 for me.
Would have rated it 6/10 if  these lines didn't exist:
"In soccer, the one who scores the most is the greatest "🤡
"Soccer exists for strikers" WTF?💀
so i would rate it more highly, but you are correct that the dialogue in this show is absolutely shit.
Mar 25, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2019
Julian’s voice caught me off guard. I expected his voice to be deeper, haha.

I mean, we all knew they were bound to lose.  

I’m so glad they included the scene where they were learning English. Such a fun moment. 

OH MY GOSH, RYUSEI, IT’S HERE 

The scene with Kunigami at the end 😔

Well, that’s a wrap.
Mar 25, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2022
Wow I'm so sad this season is over. I didn't think I'd have much interest in a sports anime, but this exceeded my expectations by a landslide. Suuuch a good anime! The big 5 game was so intense. Isagi's team never stood a chance. How are they going to pick which players are going to play against the official Japan team? Since it seems like there are only 23 people on a team? Also oof that Rin's brother is going to play against him. They did that on purpose. Shidou Ryusei seems like a total dick and I already can't stand him. He was so easy to pick a fight with Isagi, but at least his bros out him. They say Shidou Ryusei talked about Kunigami was rude for no reason. I wonder when season 2 will be out, either way I'm excited
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 25, 2023 12:31 PM

Apr 2020
Really good anime and deserved of all the hype surrounding it. Been hearing about it since it was manga only.
I do prefer Ao Ashi a bit more though. 8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 25, 2023 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
As expected, after that first goal the World Five thrashed Isagi's team. Only Rin seemed to think they had a shot at winning, but these are 5 of the world's top players, so good luck lol. 

We finally see all the teams that passed the 2nd selection, with a mixture of old familiar faces that have been largely absent from the 2nd half of the season, along with some new faces. It doesn't sit right with me that Igaguri made it but not Kunigami, but I suppose Igaguri's team situation and luck was just more fortunate. This Shidou dude is already looking like a problem though.

As the season ends, they hype up the 3rd selection: a match against Japan's U-20 team, with a chance for the Blue Lock boys to "hijack" the team if they win. Even Rin's brother is on the team so finally getting to see him play will be a treat. 

I'm glad S2 was already announced, I'm already excited for it to come out. In the meantime, I'll definitely pick up the manga instead of waiting for S2 to start. This was a very entertaining show to watch, I just wish the animation was a little better and more fluid, but other than that this was a good and fun sports anime.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2023 12:35 PM
Dec 2020
"soreeyyy soreeyyy"
Mar 25, 2023 12:36 PM
Dec 2020
This anime was amazing just wish the animation was better but all animes have mid animation
Mar 25, 2023 12:38 PM

Dec 2018
so for whatever reason, the subs aren't out so i watched it raw, and i only know a bit of japanese but it was an interesting finish to the season. i like this show, even if i don't like soccer, i just wish the writing (dialogue) wasn't such trash. interested in seeing where they go from here.
Mar 25, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2022
So hyped for the new season and movie😮‍💨🤩.
Mar 25, 2023 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
Damn they really took Kunigami out!
Mar 25, 2023 12:49 PM

Apr 2018
The English dialogue kind of killed it for me... I'm probably gonna watch the actual Eng dub for this once it's out lmfao... Other than that, I'm truly shocked Kunigami didn't make it. T___T. I hope he's able to come back somehow. He was one of my faves. 
Mar 25, 2023 12:52 PM

Aug 2020
So Over the top that you would like it. They really put out my man Kunigami Overall it was very fun to watch this show & really glad S2+movie is otw.
Mar 25, 2023 12:53 PM

Oct 2022
Imo a show with no memorable animations and the writing doesn’t outshine. A quick and predictable match and they show the 35 characters who qualified in the next selection. Only surprised for Kunigami and new rival incoming. The last episode was a good building for the next under 20 arc.

Mar 25, 2023 12:54 PM

Apr 2018
Pre_Yum said:
I'm gonna be honest here when I started this show and the pilot episode of this show really didn't hook me that much since I was hoping for actual football and not some dumb idea of making the best striker out of all the players in Japan but gradually this show started turning into much more enjoyable. I never thought I'd enjoy it this much. I hated the fact that there was no teamwork and everyone was playing for themselves but it has teamwork just in its own way. LOL

This show is just dumb fun. If you're an actual football player, you might find this offensive but if you can just close your brain while watching this show, I can assure you this show is really fun to watch. I didn't think I'd look forward to the second season of this show but here I am. Can't wait.

NOOOOOOO... Ichigo!!! I wanted him to be here so badly... A big special match will be there in the next season, it seems like. Can't wait for it. Also... wanna see more of Itoshi. There's so much to look forward to. Really enjoyed it.
That was what I thought at the beginning too. It was to the point I wanted to actually drop this anime because of how absurd it was. Haikyuu was my first sports anime, so I had a lot of expectations from Blue Lock. I'm glad I stuck through though. It got really interesting after the whole original team split up. I'm looking forward to the second season.
Mar 25, 2023 12:55 PM
Jan 2016
8.41 with that animation, imagine if it had Haikyuu's first seasons budget xD
Mar 25, 2023 1:05 PM

Jul 2022
u can't end it thereeeeeeee i need to know what happens next man shit got too fucking exciting and we got new characters i need moreee, guess it's time for the manga.

well this anime was so freaking epic but my only complaint is the animation, it could have been a masterpiece if the animation was as good as the story.
9/10
Mar 25, 2023 1:06 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As expected, Rin's team was decimated by the World Five and that match was more of an assessment of how much they have to go to compete on the world stage. They were also tasked with learning English, gotta love that Engrish though(shout out to the Japanese VAs for trying their best). With the second selection concluded, only 35 players remain that are put into 7 groups of 5 including Rin's team. The second team was the remaining guys from Isagi's team from the second selection. The rest of the teams were guys that were in the first selection along with Reo who also made the cut. Kunigami  on the other hand didn't make it as he was eliminated by the hands of Shidou Ryusei who was laughing it up in front of Isagi. There was no time to fight about it as Ego appeared to deliver the news that the big wigs in charge want to shut down Blue Lock, so Ego proposed that the third selection will be Japan's U-20 which is basically Japan's National High School team vs. Blue Lock's best eleven players that will take place in three weeks. If Blue Lock wins, then they will take over the Japan U-20 team.

While most people will say that Blue Lock has rode the wave of the 2022 World Cup in Qutar with Japan making it to the round of 16, this show has definitely live up to they hype. What I like about Blue Lock is how it challenges Japan's collective mindset and dives into the concept of individualism. The balancing act of playing as a team vs. scoring for yourself. Soccer is a team sport, but if you want to win especially on the World Stage like the World Cup you need a powerful striker. I look forward to watching Season 2 and maybe the movie. I'll try to read the manga too as the anime skipped a few parts.

8/10

The Blue Lock is Real!!! 
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tatsunami - Jan 21, 2023

170 by Fafutis »»
Apr 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

136 by stupidmongo »»
Apr 11, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

303 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

759 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

132 by Ar1Bu »»
Mar 3, 7:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.