Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2023 8:09 AM

Jan 2018
I was looking forward to this. Pretty good start overall. I liked the characters too. Let's see how it shapes up to be. 
Feb 24, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
It was very interesting first chapter and i am looking forward to read more
Feb 24, 2023 2:13 PM
Dec 2015
This series has potential. I am looking forward to the following chapters of the series.
Feb 24, 2023 4:07 PM
Nov 2019
I was in a band that didn’t pan out due to covid. It was frustrating that we failed but hearing Hiko Tatsu say demeaning stuff like “dreams are free” just felt petty. I don’t blame Nico for lashing out on him and he had that puke coming. Don’t put others down just because your endeavour didn’t make the bar.

Beside that this was ok.
Feb 24, 2023 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
Hopefully this one won't be axed... "Borderless Name" with basically the same premise was axed after just 2 volumes. Same goes for "Time Paradox Ghost Writer". "Manga about manga" just doesn't fly that well... unless it's Bakuman, ofc.
(You could blame "the plagiarism" theme for getting TPGW cancelled, but I think readers didn't care for the story overall)

I can see that art is pretty lacking and could be better (on page 62 his arm is literally broken, this man needs medical help!! lol). Face expressions are somewhat weird. Plus overall pacing is a bit messy.

1) She doesn't remember the guy she puked on and almost kicked under the car? Well... she was drunk, maybe she forgot. Okay. Me being nitpicky
2) I can't really tell his age from the drawings, he's drawn like a teenager, high-schooler, but he's clearly in his 20s
3) Yeaaaaah, like hell your first animation would gain so much attention. 2 likes at best. Algorithms are trash these days and overall it would be better for the story for him to release that nothing will be handed to you on a silver platter- meanwhile 10k likes AND the girl of your dreams offering a collab. Sure buddy... you probably animated Part 7 of Jojo right there XDD 

(while I was typing that I realised this is the same that happened in Borderless Name, lmao, now I feel incredibly stupid, but at least the heroine there kept working as a designer, while that guy has been playing music and drinking beer)
(with that said, lucky coincidences DO happen from time to time. But butterfly video, really?..)

But. BUTT. With that said, with all my criticism literally nobody asked for, I like the message (even if it gets a bit old), I like the premise and I'll read few more chapters for sure. It's better to get the same message be repeated multiple times instead of having no message in your work at all. Like... sometimes you just have to follow your dreams, right? There's only one life, if you fail, then you fail, at least do your best at trying so you have no regrets later. I don't care how cliche it is, it is the truth. Then this very work is a pretty good representation of his idea- it's messy and far from perfect, but again, what IS perfect? At least author does something and... I can't really say the same about myself lmao.

Sorry for the rant lmao, art stories are my weakness.
TheMangaManiacFeb 24, 2023 8:04 PM
Feb 24, 2023 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
Saw this was that reality show thing winner and had to read it. Nice first chapter.
Feb 24, 2023 9:46 PM
Jan 2021
seems like it might be interesting, but i agree that the arts a bit lacking. some of those facial expressions were a bit weird but ill definitely keep reading!
Feb 24, 2023 11:49 PM
Apr 2019
this looks very promising!
hi, how are you?
Feb 25, 2023 1:31 AM

Apr 2020
Pretty solid first chapter, excited to see where this goes
Feb 25, 2023 1:55 AM
Jan 2019
The whole drunk scene was a bit ick, but other than that it was okay.

There is less focus on what the MC is doing and more on that he is working on his dream, I hope we get to focus more specifically on the music and animation in future chapters.
Feb 25, 2023 8:16 AM

May 2016
Fun first chapter, it'll be interesting to see how the MCs riff off each other.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 25, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2015
Funny how he remembered her immediately but it's like she's meeting him for the first time. 
I love how wacky the art is, the facial expressions remind me of Isayama's style but more cartoony.
It feels crazy that an anime adaptation is already in the works.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
Mar 2, 2023 8:48 PM

Apr 2017
The story isn't my thing, but the art doesn't look bad so far.
Apr 6, 2023 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
This first chapter has me worried that this series isn't going to do well in its messaging because it did a poor job in this chapter. The core message this chapter gave is that you shouldn't just dismiss someones dreams even if things go badly for yourself. On the face that's a decent enough message, but this chapter also does hints at the dark side of dreams. Blindly following your dreams can cause you to spend years of your life pursuing something that will never pan out. The second chapter of Show-Ha Shoten does a great job in demonstrating that. What's worse is that the MC was actually had justification in dismissing that guy who wanted to be an author. The flow of the conversation makes it doubtful that guy is really putting in the effort to become an author. The fact he didn't even consider self-publishing at this day and age is a huge red flag.

The manga can very well stabilize into something great, but that's very hard to do once the manga is running. The author had more time to spend on that first chapter than any chapter that will follow.
Apr 9, 2023 3:18 PM

Nov 2017
Love our main characters already :) chemistry is goood
Apr 10, 2023 6:51 AM

Nov 2016
Not unlikely for Nico to not recognize him when she was super drunk or maybe she's just pretending. Maybe she had Tatsuhiko on her radar before and just wanted to give him a push.

Miracles only happen to those who never give up. Same goes for increasing luck, obviously. Hating others won't bring you anywhere. I enjoy these Bakuman type shounen series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 27, 2023 8:04 PM
May 2023
holy shit great first chapter its been a while that only half way through the first chapter im already feeling the heart and soul of the MC shits relatable if you were ever into the arts. Who said "life is too long to do nothing but live; but too short to accomplish anything dang great start promising premise!
Apr 18, 3:44 PM

May 2021
From artist to musician to artist
Good first chapter
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beat & Motion Chapter 39 Discussion

Ricdumb - Sep 6

12 by Joshuukun »»
Sep 18, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Beat & Motion Chapter 38 Discussion

tywhoppity - Aug 23

5 by Klad »»
Aug 31, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Beat & Motion Chapter 37 Discussion

nirererin - Aug 9

5 by Klad »»
Aug 21, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Beat & Motion Chapter 36 Discussion

tywhoppity - Jul 26

2 by ravingLimey »»
Jul 29, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Beat & Motion Chapter 35 Discussion

nirererin - Jul 12

6 by HopeKoala »»
Jul 22, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.