Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this battle featuring Iris was rough. I mean, Iris should've probably prepared herself more but it was too much for her. This episode also affected on a psychological level too because how prideful she is.

At least Rose is finally free now from being a hostage and she's lucky to even have Cid come save her. 
Feb 8, 2023 6:53 AM
Jun 2021
This show just keeps getting better and better. Need season 2 and 3 ASAP
Feb 8, 2023 6:54 AM
Oct 2022
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I can't stop going YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm gonna watch it again once I calm down.
Feb 8, 2023 6:56 AM
Dec 2021
is very cool for wacthing
Feb 8, 2023 7:00 AM

Dec 2022
Only one thing to say Beatrix Vs Shadow
Feb 8, 2023 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
I would call this an EPIC episode.
Cid is still running away from his big sis, lol, condolences to her.

There were a few cute moments of Iris trying out milked coffee which was really enjoyable, what's more enjoyable is how fearful she is from Cid's tactics... which I have no clue what happened but it was still intriguing to watch Iris battling Cid as... (forgot the name...)

I guess the last episode would be more epic than this, I hope so and I can't wait... but at the same time, saddened, for this series' adaptation will come to an end after episode 20. The only thing I can do is to look forward to a future sequel.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 8, 2023 7:13 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 8, 2023 7:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
guh... its so boring to me when the MCs can't be touched, never struggle, are never scared and never take an L... never thought i'd get so tired of a trope... im starting to sound like a fucking anime boomer lol

well shit, at least hes finally fighting girls...

EcchiGodMamsterFeb 8, 2023 7:13 AM
Feb 8, 2023 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
This shit knows how to hype! and I FUCKING LOVE EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT

the only bad thing about this anime is that how fast the episode ends and how there is only 1 episode left..

they should have announced season 2 by now.. otherwise they 100% need to!
Feb 8, 2023 7:20 AM

Nov 2014
1 episode to tie up the arc, huh? It will feel unsatisfying, given the current fight should have major ramifications.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 8, 2023 7:22 AM

Oct 2019
OKAY LISTEN EDGY SHIT NEVER WAS MY THING BUT GOD DAMN HES FUCKING COOL
Feb 8, 2023 7:24 AM
Dec 2015
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect
Feb 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Stylish bandit slayer lmao. Shadow annihilated Iris. Shadow vs Beatrix hype! Can't believe this is ending next week, need s2 asap.
Feb 8, 2023 7:26 AM
Nov 2022
shred1894 said:

ahahahah same :))
Feb 8, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 2021
Cid the clown, not shadow. yeayy
Feb 8, 2023 7:31 AM
Jul 2021
The best episode of this anime! 10/10
Feb 8, 2023 7:33 AM

Jun 2016
fuck this  only 2 episode left !!!

i may cry with that facts !!
Feb 8, 2023 7:39 AM
Apr 2020
damm cant believe next episode gonna be the last
Feb 8, 2023 7:40 AM
Oct 2022
he is so cool, corny, edgy and everything. Alpha's sister Beatrix fight will be intresting. If Alpha finds out that Shadow hide her sister/cousin(?) from her she gonna be angry asf!

Looking for a good EP20 next week

Feb 8, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2020
Oof, that fight against Mundane Mann must have hurt Iris' pride, because that was some quick work, and certainly something that wasn't to Perv Asshat's plan. At last, Rose also showed up, and killed her puppet of her father, which was quite the scene. Shadow showed up also, in the nick of time, to clean up the mess, but not before being identified as Stylish Bandit Slayer, someone that Rose admired in her childhood. Beatrix versus Shadow next episode will be epic!

This final arc around the Bushin Festival has definitely been my favourite so far, with a solid mixture of comedy and epicness that has felt more immersive for sure. The finale is next week, and we'll see how it all wraps up. Maybe a sequel will be announced, who knows?
Feb 8, 2023 7:45 AM
Jan 2023
Get ready for a amazing fight 💪 between Shadow vs Beatrix god of war in next episode #20
Feb 8, 2023 7:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into Iris's past and how much her views on her position changed sure was insightful. With great strength comes great responsibility as well as a abundance of red tape as well it seems. In this case her father is correct. The expressions of the nobles as they watched Iris drink the coffee though was amusing. In the nobles eyes i guess a war god is someone that exhibits a certain aura to them. Cid though sure has some impressive mental attacks though. Rose though really surprised me with her determination though. Though never thought that Rose had actually met Cid previously. Beta calmly sitting reading in the midst of the cult reinforcements that they had prem emptively eradicated though lol. Though have to say Beatrix stepping in at this point kinda spoils things. Curious at how they would end things next ep though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2023 7:49 AM
Jan 2016
Can't wait to see Season 2 hopefully the animation team stay the same.
Feb 8, 2023 7:52 AM

Sep 2018
How does this show remain so consistently fucking awesome...

There hasn't been a single duff episode, every peak has been followed by a greater peak...

The back of my neck literally tingled during Cid's fight with Iris, and he barely moved a muscle, how is that even possible?!

And in the end he just bats her sword away like it's a toy, Iris should have heeded Alpha's advice.

So now Rose's love is complete, she loves Stylish, she loves Cid, she loves Shadow. And, unlike Iris, Her father loves and forgives her everything.

Have fun with Beatrix until we catch up with you next week Cid.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 8, 2023 8:00 AM
Oct 2022
BogdanPBS said:
shred1894 said:

ahahahah same :))
Just finished watching it again... and I'm still going YOOOOOOOOOOO! My neighbor across the hall is probably annoyed at me because I'm legit screaming YOOOOOOOOO like a lunatic.
Feb 8, 2023 8:01 AM
Jan 2021
OMGAWD!!! That was such a "wicked fat-nasty" episode!!!!
Shadow vs. Beatrix - I think, not since Netero vs Meruem have I been so geeky hyped to watch a 1-on-1 battle. I hope their duel consumes half of the next episode. :)
Feb 8, 2023 8:13 AM

Feb 2021
we want more hilarious episodes of cid, need a season 2
Feb 8, 2023 8:13 AM
Aug 2022
Stark700 said:
Damn, this battle featuring Iris was rough. I mean, Iris should've probably prepared herself more but it was too much for her. This episode also affected on a psychological level too because how prideful she is.

At least Rose is finally free now from being a hostage and she's lucky to even have Cid come save her. 

you wrote everything I don't need to write it.
thanks
Feb 8, 2023 8:14 AM
Aug 2022
ooh man this anime is starting to more exciting but now only 1 episode left studio Nexus please announce Season 2 ASAP
Feb 8, 2023 8:16 AM

Apr 2021
This entire episode was pure hype!!! And ost at the end sounded kinda similar to that one Sword Art Online ost.
Feb 8, 2023 8:21 AM

May 2020
Cid's victory against Iris has to be the most overwhelming in the history of overwhelming victories. JUST HOW BROKEN IS HE LMAOOO.

Though Shadow appearance in the midst of chaos was hype. Rose is all for him from this time being.

Last episode next week now.. time really flies fast.
Feb 8, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2021
This episode was damn crazy 
now its war goddess vs shadow the best fight
Feb 8, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
NEXUS GOAT NEXUS GOAT NEXUS GOAT. Last 5 minutes or so legit gave me goosebumps. Amazing job adapting the hype at parts of volume 2, wow.

Rose casting aside everything and continuing the fight even at the cost of her father’s life, mad respect. That moment was very emotional and they did a great job of showing rose’s conviction and why she’s best girl.

Am I tripping or did the anime imply she’d been working with shadow garden prior to the end of volume 2? Did they arrive to the stadium together or? That’s anime original IIRC

Cid and Beatrix crossing swords was so hype man this finale is going to be insane I promise you.
Feb 8, 2023 8:36 AM

Jun 2020
FennyS said:
The best episode of this anime! 10/10
100 percent Agreed!!
Feb 8, 2023 8:39 AM

Sep 2019
Beatrix feet 10/10

Platform shoes
C6R5 Raiden
Feb 8, 2023 8:42 AM

Mar 2010
Damn shit was getting fire, i feel like my dic has been left limp dicked rip

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Mar 2021
That's it... Beatrix vs Stylis.... Shadow!! Hyped af!! Please... Let there be a season 2 TwT
Feb 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
The princess of the Midgar Kingdom, Princsss Iris, she has a lot on her plate. Through her past, her reputation, and her position, she cannot waver and prove in the Bushin Festival that she can trimuph, for real.

The Bushin Festival proceeds right in the VIP Room where Cid and Iris are enjoying coffee, and the War Goddess Beatrix notices the background character in a stream of background characters, being the unimpressive, average person worth beatable. While Perv Asshat continues to cloud Rose's father, aiming for the war and conflict between Oriana and Midgar, the only person stopping his way is this Mundane Mann, and after all that research, including Shadow Garden, he can't afford to have his chances slip away of every opportunity he can get.

All hopes pin on Iris to conquer the Bushin Festival, and her opponent beng Mundane Mann, all it took was one slash to beam his magic superiority to catch Iris off-guard, while Rose and Shadow Garden works from within to complete her mission of taking down Perv Asshat. Slowly but surely, doubt sets in, and even if Iris goes all out, there is none that supersedes Mundane Mann with the most unexpected victory by a hair. Rose has come back in allegiance, but this time, it's to exterminate her father to cut short of Perv Asshat's plans.

The real Shadow Stylish Bandit Slayer has begun his sortie, with Rose giving him one of the most ambiguous nicknames that hearken back to the VERY END of Episode 1.

This penultimate episode will be one of hype for the finale next week: Shadow vs. Beatrix. Please, we need that Season 2!
Feb 8, 2023 8:46 AM

May 2019
The mix between action, drama, suspense, and even comedy is superb! This episode felt like it only lasted 5 minutes before it was over. Comedy bits such as when Beatrix said to Perv that he stinks almost made me spit my drink out as it was so random and funny.

I'm glad that Rose's father had enough awareness to tell Rose that he forgives and loves her before Perv used him as a shield and was killed. With so many girl characters in this anime it's difficult to pick best one but Rose has to be up there. Speaking of girls, now Beatrix has stepped up and is fighting Cid. I believe Alpha is nearby so I wonder how their interaction will be (assuming they meet in the finale). I really hope season 2 is announced by the time the finale airs.
Feb 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Ricky16 said:
Stark700 said:

you wrote everything I don't need to write it.
thanks
Keep on writing spam posts like these, no one cares because you're a copy-paste braindead fool.
Feb 8, 2023 8:50 AM
Feb 2014
ogblynz said:
he is so cool, corny, edgy and everything. Alpha's sister Beatrix fight will be intresting. If Alpha finds out that Shadow hide her sister/cousin(?) from her she gonna be angry asf!

Beatrix is Alpha's aunt
Feb 8, 2023 8:51 AM

May 2011
EcchiGodMamster said:
guh... its so boring to me when the MCs can't be touched, never struggle, are never scared and never take an L... never thought i'd get so tired of a trope... im starting to sound like a fucking anime boomer lol

Who are clearly OP in this anime
Feb 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Oct 2020
Sad that it's almost over. This was truly the hidden gem of last year. Evey single episode has been enjoyable for me and I really hope this will get a continuation!
Feb 8, 2023 8:57 AM
Jun 2022
bro wt the heck was the episode I was like yooooo it's good but it was best
Feb 8, 2023 9:00 AM
Jul 2021
biggest W episode ever fucking loved it I want more seasons for this they can't stop here
Feb 8, 2023 9:03 AM
Jan 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:

You could say he is a type of Anos in his own verse who has absolute confidence in his abilities and strength so none can come close to his level.
Feb 8, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2019
I'm curious which character sang the ending song. Any information about that?
Feb 8, 2023 9:08 AM
Aug 2022
Cant wait to see this. On ep 20 or else.
Every episode is great and awesome.
pls... Continue providing us such awesome entertainment, cause it really hype me and to all viewers ty.
Feb 8, 2023 9:09 AM
May 2021
Best ep by far, enjoyed it!
Feb 8, 2023 9:10 AM

May 2018
Shadow making the most badass entrance yet again xD

Soon Rose is going to fall in love with the 'Shadow' persona instead of the  'Cid' one lmao
Feb 8, 2023 9:12 AM
Mar 2018
ogblynz said:

Its alpha aunt since beatrix regard her as her late sister daughter 
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Apr 18, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.